Phillips Staffing Employee Reviews in United States

no comment
Executive Coordinator to the President and VP (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 9, 2015
This company has taught me a lot however, I am in need of a better salary. I want the opportunity to advance and learn new things, I love working with people.
Pros
Wonderful People-Great Location
Cons
Competitive compensation
good place to work
forklift driver/general cleaner (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 15, 2016
good place to work good people o.k. hours seeing from time to time the new adidas shoes driving cherry picker pulling orders
Pros
good hours
boring job unorganized
inspector (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 8, 2016
they were very unorganized, wouldn't work there again im from new York so the jobs are way different up here in downsouth the jobs are more factory style. I see myself doing something way better, that job is more for older people.
Pros
good pay
Cons
unorganized
Great Temp Service
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 9, 2016
Very reasonable in giving desired shift. Great pay for entry level work. Management is great in listening to issues and trying to help you work through them.
fun work place
assembly (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCNovember 5, 2015
it was very very good challenge and a good pace of speed. theres times i want to scream when people dont what their doing. especially when they dont knw how to use a box cutter
Pros
no free lunch breaks
Cons
people getting you fired
Phillips is a good company to work for.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCFebruary 24, 2016
Phillips works with you to find a job that you like and meets your skills. Would have no problem telling people that are out of work to give them a call.
staffing company
Assembler at Itron (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCFebruary 7, 2016
They usually fix problems quickly the only thing is that it is a staffing company and you have to wait for your supervisor to finally show up
productive and helpful
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCOctober 3, 2015
I appreciate all the things phillips does to help you find not just a job, but a great job suited for your skill set. I was in a comfortable, friendly work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours short breaks
The pay here was bad
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 26, 2015
I wa getting paid 8.00 an hour at the beginning of my employment and all of a sudden we had a meeting about the pay. Something went wrong with management about not making everyone clock in on time so the company documented everyone on the shift 0.25 from their pay. Not good at all. I will not recommend working at Faom Fabrication through Phillips Staffing.
Productive and co-workers were friendly as well as the supervisors.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cowpens, SCJune 11, 2014
A meeting was held at the beginning of the shift to let us know the volume of sales. I enjoyed the job because you really work at your own pace. I read orders off of the computer mounted on my lift. I retrieved customer orders and picked items from assigned locations. Items were scanned for the style number as well as the correct quantity. Items were loaded on pallet and taken to the shipping dock.
Pros
free lunches, clean enviroment, raises were granted on job performance
Cons
temperature coincided with the weather, if its cold outside then it would be cold and voce versa if weather was hot

Want to know more about Phillips Staffing?

Ask a question
Simple work
Shipping/Receiving, Helper (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC - Greer, SCFebruary 27, 2014
Come in and clock in early, and be ready to work on time. I learned the basics of warehousing jobs; Shipping, Receiving, Picking, Packing, RF Scanning, Helping operators, Operating certain machines, and working with large groups. Management was great, as well were my co-workers. The jobs were never really hard at all, they were always simple; never hard and never too easy. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and managers because to me without having great relationships with your co-workers, work won't be as enjoyable.
Pros
gained much needed experience
Cons
job security, temp work, seasonal job, pay
not fun at all !
Assembler, Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 27, 2015
I don't want to work for them anymore! They do not know how to treat people, they lie to employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out!
Pros
1st shift
Cons
no pay raises
Temp Agency
Finishing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 4, 2014
Company was ok, just that the staff was always changing and no one seemed to know what was going on when someone else took over. Not good communication. The pay was good when I got raises.
Overall, the company wasn't bad, they just need to communicate better. Job security wasn't good. Mostly because company did not communicate with Phillips very well.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
changing staff too much.
A good place to work, but no job sercurity.
Operator, General (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCNovember 6, 2014
I liked working for Phillips, but while employed with them, I went through to many lay-offs. I did learn a lot while working at Imperial Die Casting, I had just stated working on CNC machines, and wish I could have obtained more experience than what I did. Phillips seems to lay people off, before they are able to get hired in through a company. I had already taken my physical for the company, when they decided to lay me off. They had done this to me in the past also, and called me back to the same plant within three days. I want a job where I can grow and advance within the company, I want job security where I am employed in the future.
Pros
did not really hear from them once i was sent to a job assignment, until they laid me off.
Cons
i am not happy with the way i have been done by this company.
CNC Horizontal Foam Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 26, 2015
The training was inadequate as running different machines and programs were being explained in broken english. I learned the job through trial and error. My fellow team workers were great but also finding same language barrier. I enjoy the work and it provided me with 40 hrs.
productive work place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 9, 2015
the staff are friendly and caring. The jobs they place u in are good jobs wit good hours but they don't pay temps enough. but over all their very productive and always willing to help others out.
Staffing company
Test Harness Technician (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 29, 2014
I worked at a Caterpillar plant in Fountain Inn.
I learned how to perform button-up on diesel engines before they enter the hot test booth.
Most management that I spoke to was very nice and professional.
My co-workers were temps at Caterpillar. During the time that I worked there, Caterpillar held mass layoffs, and Phillips was not finding these many of these temps new work.
The hardest part of the job was that our lifting crane was broken the entire time I worked there, and according to a co-worker, it had never worked in the 3 years he had been there. This led to us both ending up with strained backs shortly before the plant closed down and outsourced to Texas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was sending out completed engines.
Pros
hired me quickly.
Cons
layoffs, lack of safety.
fun working
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 5, 2013
(That I got to meet new people that I never seen before)
(That they made different oil not only oil but lotion and perfume hand sanitizer all kind of different thing.
(The management was what i need to been that make that you stay busy and that what i like about working at grace management grouping.
(The co-workers greeting me with a smile and the what people is looking for how they care.And the co-workers that I work with was great to work around very spiritual and I like that.
(When they lay me off that was the hardest part because i love that job that job is the best job i every had that i can say that the people was good to me.
(How we laugh but still make sure we got our job done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Fun co-workers
Jantzen/Perry Ellis (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 15, 2013
Competitive, enjoyable, productive, fun co-workers. The hardest part of either of my jobs were the layaway part with Wal-Mart it was hard yet fun, climbing up on the ladders, the hardest part was lifting the heavy boxes. The other enjoyable part of all of my jobs were working with the customers! The thing I hate more than anything about any of my background is that I never got to take my state board for all the hard work that I accomplished in my Nursing Assistant course. Also, the fact that I was cheated out of my last three months of my Medical Assistatant course that I went to school for and also worked so hard for, for the entire two years only to have it all taken away from me.
Pros
some free lunches at one job. a lot of friendly co-workers.
Cons
breaks got interrupted.
Fun place to work with helpful supervisors
Machine Operator, I-tech South (Former Employee) –  Westminster, South CarolinaJuly 1, 2015
The supervisors were very helpful and understanding. However, they do not train new employees properly. Hardest part of the job was finding a maintenance worker to fix the down machines.
Pros
Awesome supervisors
Cons
Low pay, hot, old machines that constantly broke down, understaffed

2.9