Phillips Staffing

Phillips Staffing Employee Reviews

not fun at all !
Assembler, Press Operator (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 1st shift
Cons: no pay raises
I don't want to work for them anymore! They do not know how to treat people, they lie to employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out!
good company
General Laborer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMarch 3, 2015
good job. required performance was stated clearly. will work with you to meet your personal goals in relation to employment goals.
Not bad for a temp service
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCJanuary 21, 2015
They gave good job offers, but the length of time your employed is usually a couple of months and then your laid off anywhere from one day to a week and then called right back to the same company.
production worker
production worker (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: steady job
phillips staffing is a good temp service to work for. I have never had a problem with them. I have always been called on an assignment. i have no issues with them.I have never had a negative experience with them.
production
tester/assembler (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits/work hours
It was a great experience. I would Highly recommend the company to anyone. the work was easy going. my co-workers were friendly and great with helping learn all of the equipment and paperwork. my on sight supervisors and team leaders were more than helpful.
A good place to work, but no job sercurity.
Operator, General (Former Employee), Liberty, SCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: did not really hear from them once i was sent to a job assignment, until they laid me off.
Cons: i am not happy with the way i have been done by this company.
I liked working for Phillips, but while employed with them, I went through to many lay-offs. I did learn a lot while working at Imperial Die Casting, I had just stated working on CNC machines, and wish I could have obtained more experience than what I did. Phillips seems to lay people off, before they are able to get hired in through a company. I had already taken my physical for the company, when they decided to lay me off. They had done this to me in the past also, and called me back to the same plant within three days. I want a job where I can grow and advance within the company, I want job security where I am employed in the future.
Temp Agency
Finishing Inspector (Former Employee), Anderson, SCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: paid on time
Cons: changing staff too much.
Company was ok, just that the staff was always changing and no one seemed to know what was going on when someone else took over. Not good communication. The pay was good when I got raises.
Overall, the company wasn't bad, they just need to communicate better. Job security wasn't good. Mostly because company did not communicate with Phillips very well.
ok place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 3, 2014
i liked my job and co workers. i liked it. it was ok place to work for.
good place to work for
Program Assistant (Former Employee), West Union, SCJuly 16, 2014
this job was a good place to work they provided free lunch. the people are good but they try to build new places and way too fast so they have security.
Staffing company
Test Harness Technician (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJune 29, 2014
Pros: hired me quickly.
Cons: layoffs, lack of safety.
I worked at a Caterpillar plant in Fountain Inn.
I learned how to perform button-up on diesel engines before they enter the hot test booth.
Most management that I spoke to was very nice and professional.
My co-workers were temps at Caterpillar. During the time that I worked there, Caterpillar held mass layoffs, and Phillips was not finding these many of these temps new work.
The hardest part of the job was that our lifting crane was broken the entire time I worked there, and according to a co-worker, it had never worked in the 3 years he had been there. This led to us both ending up with strained backs shortly before the plant closed down and outsourced to Texas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was sending out completed engines.
Productive and co-workers were friendly as well as the supervisors.
Order Picker (Former Employee), Cowpens, SCJune 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, clean enviroment, raises were granted on job performance
Cons: temperature coincided with the weather, if its cold outside then it would be cold and voce versa if weather was hot
A meeting was held at the beginning of the shift to let us know the volume of sales. I enjoyed the job because you really work at your own pace. I read orders off of the computer mounted on my lift. I retrieved customer orders and picked items from assigned locations. Items were scanned for the style number as well as the correct quantity. Items were loaded on pallet and taken to the shipping dock.
Excellent
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, SCJune 4, 2014
I have a long time relationship with this company. They are friendly and professional. They are extremely hard working. I worked with them as a sub contractor, in which they provided us with premium associates. Later I worked with them as an associate in which they found me a challenging position.
sorted shoes per customer needs
Sorter for Adidas (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 5, 2014
Cons: 12 hour shifts on concrete floor
Was hard, standing on my feet for 12 hours, temporary work only
Simple work
Shipping/Receiving, Helper (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SC - Greer, SCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: gained much needed experience
Cons: job security, temp work, seasonal job, pay
Come in and clock in early, and be ready to work on time. I learned the basics of warehousing jobs; Shipping, Receiving, Picking, Packing, RF Scanning, Helping operators, Operating certain machines, and working with large groups. Management was great, as well were my co-workers. The jobs were never really hard at all, they were always simple; never hard and never too easy. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and managers because to me without having great relationships with your co-workers, work won't be as enjoyable.
Other employee are nice it's fun to work with
Assembler (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: clean canteen
Cons: place are clean you don't have to worry about getting sick
I work there Monday-Friday
I learn alot of things from other people
Management are helpful you need something just ask them
My co-worker are freindly
The hardest part of the job is that when the line shut down and you have to leave early
The most enjoyable part of the job is everyone working together as a team
Lots Of Jobs That Can Be Accomplished
Trainee (Former Employee), Easley, SCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: too many young people in one environment
not really a place i'd see myself returning to it needs better management
No chance for advancement
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Easley, SCJanuary 18, 2014
Cons: not hiring permanent at phillips as machine operator
With Caterpillar positions there wasn't a chance for advancement because it was a temp job with no chance of hire on. Southern Builders was great but I sub-contracted from that company and still do when I have the time to work for them.
warehouse work area
warehouse delivery driver (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: temporary job
a typical day at work would include to load and drive the small truck to the loads location. unload then drive the small truck back to the station.
productive and busy
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Lancaster, SCDecember 10, 2013
Pros: first shift
Cons: sometimes you don't get a break
A typical day at work is very busy and long, I have learned I really miss my old job. Management is very different here and there are very few coworkers that come to work happy, the hardest part of this job is sometimes it should be a two man job. The most enjoyable part of the job is 4:30pm
hard work and productive
Assembler/Packer/Puller (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 12, 2013
I learned a lot about assembling different things, and I worked really hard, management was pretty good when you needed something

1 2 3