Phillips Staffing Employee Reviews

no comment
Executive Coordinator to the President and VP (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 9, 2015
This company has taught me a lot however, I am in need of a better salary. I want the opportunity to advance and learn new things, I love working with people.
Pros
Wonderful People-Great Location
Cons
Competitive compensation
fun work place
assembly (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCNovember 5, 2015
it was very very good challenge and a good pace of speed. theres times i want to scream when people dont what their doing. especially when they dont knw how to use a box cutter
Pros
no free lunch breaks
Cons
people getting you fired
productive and helpful
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCOctober 3, 2015
I appreciate all the things phillips does to help you find not just a job, but a great job suited for your skill set. I was in a comfortable, friendly work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours short breaks
productive work place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 9, 2015
the staff are friendly and caring. The jobs they place u in are good jobs wit good hours but they don't pay temps enough. but over all their very productive and always willing to help others out.
CNC Horizontal Foam Cutter Operator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 26, 2015
The training was inadequate as running different machines and programs were being explained in broken english. I learned the job through trial and error. My fellow team workers were great but also finding same language barrier. I enjoy the work and it provided me with 40 hrs.
Fun place to work with helpful supervisors
Machine Operator, I-tech South (Former Employee) –  Westminster, South CarolinaJuly 1, 2015
The supervisors were very helpful and understanding. However, they do not train new employees properly. Hardest part of the job was finding a maintenance worker to fix the down machines.
Pros
Awesome supervisors
Cons
Low pay, hot, old machines that constantly broke down, understaffed
The pay here was bad
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 26, 2015
I wa getting paid 8.00 an hour at the beginning of my employment and all of a sudden we had a meeting about the pay. Something went wrong with management about not making everyone clock in on time so the company documented everyone on the shift 0.25 from their pay. Not good at all. I will not recommend working at Faom Fabrication through Phillips Staffing.
Great long term Temporary postion
Attendant-Film Converting Department (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 13, 2015
Overall a pretty good job but it takes so long to get hired of Fulltime!!
Great Co workers, paid holidays, weekends off, Flex time if needed
not fun at all !
Assembler, Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 27, 2015
I don't want to work for them anymore! They do not know how to treat people, they lie to employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out!
Pros
1st shift
Cons
no pay raises
good company
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 3, 2015
good job. required performance was stated clearly. will work with you to meet your personal goals in relation to employment goals.
Not bad for a temp service
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 21, 2015
They gave good job offers, but the length of time your employed is usually a couple of months and then your laid off anywhere from one day to a week and then called right back to the same company.
production worker
production worker (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 28, 2014
phillips staffing is a good temp service to work for. I have never had a problem with them. I have always been called on an assignment. i have no issues with them.I have never had a negative experience with them.
Pros
steady job
production
tester/assembler (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCNovember 18, 2014
It was a great experience. I would Highly recommend the company to anyone. the work was easy going. my co-workers were friendly and great with helping learn all of the equipment and paperwork. my on sight supervisors and team leaders were more than helpful.
Pros
great benefits/work hours
A good place to work, but no job sercurity.
Operator, General (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCNovember 6, 2014
I liked working for Phillips, but while employed with them, I went through to many lay-offs. I did learn a lot while working at Imperial Die Casting, I had just stated working on CNC machines, and wish I could have obtained more experience than what I did. Phillips seems to lay people off, before they are able to get hired in through a company. I had already taken my physical for the company, when they decided to lay me off. They had done this to me in the past also, and called me back to the same plant within three days. I want a job where I can grow and advance within the company, I want job security where I am employed in the future.
Pros
did not really hear from them once i was sent to a job assignment, until they laid me off.
Cons
i am not happy with the way i have been done by this company.
Temp Agency
Finishing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 4, 2014
Company was ok, just that the staff was always changing and no one seemed to know what was going on when someone else took over. Not good communication. The pay was good when I got raises.
Overall, the company wasn't bad, they just need to communicate better. Job security wasn't good. Mostly because company did not communicate with Phillips very well.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
changing staff too much.
ok place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 3, 2014
i liked my job and co workers. i liked it. it was ok place to work for.
good place to work for
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Union, SCJuly 16, 2014
this job was a good place to work they provided free lunch. the people are good but they try to build new places and way too fast so they have security.
Staffing company
Test Harness Technician (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCJune 29, 2014
I worked at a Caterpillar plant in Fountain Inn.
I learned how to perform button-up on diesel engines before they enter the hot test booth.
Most management that I spoke to was very nice and professional.
My co-workers were temps at Caterpillar. During the time that I worked there, Caterpillar held mass layoffs, and Phillips was not finding these many of these temps new work.
The hardest part of the job was that our lifting crane was broken the entire time I worked there, and according to a co-worker, it had never worked in the 3 years he had been there. This led to us both ending up with strained backs shortly before the plant closed down and outsourced to Texas.
The most enjoyable part of the job was sending out completed engines.
Pros
hired me quickly.
Cons
layoffs, lack of safety.
Productive and co-workers were friendly as well as the supervisors.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Cowpens, SCJune 11, 2014
A meeting was held at the beginning of the shift to let us know the volume of sales. I enjoyed the job because you really work at your own pace. I read orders off of the computer mounted on my lift. I retrieved customer orders and picked items from assigned locations. Items were scanned for the style number as well as the correct quantity. Items were loaded on pallet and taken to the shipping dock.
Pros
free lunches, clean enviroment, raises were granted on job performance
Cons
temperature coincided with the weather, if its cold outside then it would be cold and voce versa if weather was hot
Excellent
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJune 4, 2014
I have a long time relationship with this company. They are friendly and professional. They are extremely hard working. I worked with them as a sub contractor, in which they provided us with premium associates. Later I worked with them as an associate in which they found me a challenging position.