Phillips

Phillips Employer Reviews

productive and flexible with hours
Warehouse Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New Windsor, NYOctober 19, 2014
Pros: flixible hours
Cons: no benefits
management is good, favorites are played, easy work, more of a place to social with work friends than actual work.
Great Company
Clerical (Former Employee), Jonesville, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Great place to work. Very well operated. Good benefits, employees are taken care of.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NMSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoyed working for Phillips. The work environment is fast-paced and constantly changing to fit the customer.
Exciting job. Everyday brings new challanges.
PROCESS OPERATOR (Current Employee), Linden, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: management team that cares. great stock benefits and 401k. decent health benefits.
Cons: the new jersey climate and overall atmosphere.
I thoroughly enjoy my work at Phillips66. The job itself is always challenging. You never know when you walk in just what your day will bring. Some people fear this, but for myself, I enjoy the challenges.
My typical day at work involves, sampling gasoline products to check specification, daily rounds, making line up changes, as well as taking equipment – more... in and out of service..
The management team varies, just like any workplace, but overall the management team I deal with respects hard work and try to build a positive environment.
My co workers also vary drastically both in work ethic and overall dedication to the job. The hardest part of working with Phillips is being able to deal with the drastic differences in personality traits. I basically have learned to be a chameleon when it comes to dealing with people. Knowing what you can and cant say to certain folks to keep things civil and keep a good work environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being in the field, getting dirty, setting up jobs etc. On top of that, knowing that what I do in the oil refining business is a vital part of the US economy. Keeping the eastern US rolling. – less
nice people and nice working culture
Tax season intern (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 5, 2014
the tutors are all nice. They are patience to teach you new stuff every day.
Very bad job. Owner runs a business which takes advantage of its employees
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Corvallis, OregonAugust 2, 2014
I was a contracted employee for a painting and siding company. I was the sales manager tasked with providing all work for this company. Once I obtained more work than the company could handle and I was supposed to be paid $6K for a month of work, he changed the contract and said I wont pay you for that work. You can accept the new contract or leave – more... without pay. So I cut my losses and left. – less
everyday is something new.
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: fast pase work place.
Cons: didnt pay enough.
I was able to learn management skills along with learning customer service skills.
Phillips
Loading truck by hand (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAJune 25, 2014
Phillips is a queit job other than the hard movement throughout the warehouse.I learned that if im confused on anything dont be scared to ask because we all there to help one another.
it just a job
staffing temp (Former Employee), simpsonville, scJune 8, 2014
its a good temp agency,, just stay on top of them and you will get a job
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 26, 2014
A very good company to work for. I have enjoyed my time there.
Interesting place to work
Store Consultant & Cashier (Former Employee), Bel Air, MDApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work was to make sure that the food that each guest order was correct.
I learned how to work around difficulties such as customer with really heavy accents.
My co-workers were great to work with.
The hardest part of the job would be understanding the customers that did not speak english
excellent work group,diverse,easy to get along with very talented
GAUGER/PUMPSTATION OPERATOR/LINE LOCATER (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: part of an industry leader in the petroleum field
Cons: extremely safety hazzardous
daily facility inspections,and measurement accounting reports,followed by the morning briefing to review the days work plan.
learned the value of of daily/weekly planning and be procedure conscious in your job performance.new company merges resulting in management changes@the upper level was at times challenging to the work group as to what was expected. – more... Avoiding complacency for routine tasks was difficult but achieved.Interacting with coworkers and providing a positive attiutude within the group and having an outstanding facility safety record was most enjoyable – less
n/a
sales clerk (Former Employee), S. KinghighwayJanuary 20, 2014
The company was okay, but the pay wasn't enough. I was told that after I had my baby I was told that I could come back but after I had her they didn't offer me my job back.
Great place to start a career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXNovember 9, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: little to no breaks
Putting out new shoes and doing POS, hardest days are floorsets, helping customers is fun.
not much to say
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 1, 2013
I worked at night so it was quiet. I learned how to do paper work which i didn't do before. the manager was okay at first but because i worked at night and needed help i wouldn't get it. I didn't work with no one else so i didn't get to meet anyone. the hardest part was when i had to stock the shelves or do paper work i had to lock the doors. there – more... was no enjoyment when i worked there. – less
terrible employer
management (Former Employee), greensboro ncOctober 29, 2013
this place is terrible to work, they make u use your vehicle and they dont compensate you
Good place to work, management a little unorganized
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCSeptember 24, 2013
Enjoyed working there, great hours and compensation. Management was unorganized making it difficult sometimes to work there, alot of changes in work schedule at times made it alittle stressful. coworkers were good to work with, we worked together well.
The start of my industrial career
Tank Washer (Former Employee), La Porte, TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: experience dealing with all waste
Cons: to many chemicals inhaled
Lots of overtime yet no job security. Advancement was not certain but experience was much gained here.
very dangerous work, little to no time for a life
Chemical Tank Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXAugust 28, 2013
Pros: made good money, plenty of over time
Cons: very dangerous, always traveling, inexperienced coworkers in safety positions
- long shifts, frequent traveling
- labor intensive work
- very dangerous work with limited experienced co-workers in positions of safety control
Great atmosphere
Inventory Technician (Former Employee), Bothell, WAJuly 9, 2013
Great place for a contract job.
I would get there and get straight to work, I'd be walking and standing all day. Managers and co-workers were nice and cooperative.

1 2 3