PHMG Employee Reviews

Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
These people are arrogant, rude, and full of themselves. You will be selling out-dated stuff that nobody wants and they will act they are on the cutting edge.
Smoke and Mirrors
Business Development Regional Manager for NY (Former Employee) –  ManchesterNovember 17, 2017
they don't deliver on what they promise.

lots of favoritism. Lack of proper training. No support or help for new employees. High expectations without proper guidance for roles.

Travel way outside assigned territories, without additional compensation.
Great company with lots of career opportunities
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
PHMG is a very rewarding and challenging job. If you're willing to work hard, you will be rewarded generously.

I love the culture and fun environment, as well as everyone's individual commitment.

Training was ample and excellent and is ongoing. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Pros
Ipad incentives, trips to Uk, great commission, great culture
Cons
Work hard culture, you need a positive attitude
Hard Work Pays Off
Head of Sales (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UKNovember 15, 2017
I have been with PHMG for 5 years and it is the best decision I have made. The level of sales experience here makes it easy to learn, and the initial training course covers all the bases to give you a head start.
Being surrounded by hungry sales people all day gives you all the energy you need to work the 10-12 hour days. The harder you work outside the office, the easier it is in it.
The social aspect of the company makes you feel like a part of a family, not a business, and the Summer Soiree and Xmas Party are not to be missed.
If you are looking to work hard and commit to advancing your career and find a company you can stick with for life I highly recommend you pick up the phone and get in touch.
Pros
Money, Events, Csr
Challenging and Rewarding Workplace
Media Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2017
I've worked in sales in a few different roles. I was a United States Navy Recruiter, Outside Sales for a Staffing Firm, and now here with PHMG. It's been a great experience having been here from the beginning of this office. The people are great. We have amazing team camaraderie.

I've been pushed to hit targets and excel here as a sales person. That led to me getting to visit the UK, Manchester where the HQ is, London, and Portugal all paid for by the company. It's honestly the best job I have ever had.

Upward mobility is also something I have thought was great here. I've been here less than a year and have already been promoted twice and am now in management. The opportunity for growth within this organization is phenomenal. The company is continuing to grow rapidly in Chicago.
Pros
Upward Mobility, Incentive, Comp Structure
Cons
Great Challenge
The copy team is a great thing
Senior Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UKJuly 13, 2017
The copy team is unique within the company and I speak from experience, having shared office space with pretty much all other teams over the years. The copywriters are expected to work hard, but the management also recognise we are all creatives, so there’s loads of banter and laughs too, including outside of work. What’s made our team great is the careful hiring, where the personality of the candidates counts as much as their skills and experience. Overall, while we have a heavy workload every day, we aren’t working beyond our capabilities. Praise for individual achievement is shared with the whole team on a regular basis. We are led by encouragement and training, and every person on the team has a chance to shine. A big bonus is being able to write for world markets: the USA, Canada, Australia, Singapore and others.
Pros
Amazing people we work with
Cons
The creative teams should sit together on one floor. No casual Fridays.
Chicago BDM
BDM (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
I have been with PHMG for nearly a year now and overall I have been very happy with my decision. I left a job I had been with for over 15 years for the hopes of starting a career with a company that looked to be growing. It was a big jump for me going from managing 200 employees to simply being a sole contributor. Having 2 kids, it was important that I found something with more work life balance and I found it with PHMG. Although I struggled for the first 3 months, management worked hard to make sure I got on track. I consistently put in the effort and let management know what I was doing to work on improving and because of that I got a significant amount of help. Year to date I am one of the top 5 BDM’s in the company world wide and have a solid shot at finishing the year at #1. Management is supportive but equally as important is the comradery amoungst the BDM’s across the country.

The money is there, as long as you are performing and show that you have the work ethic. It was good to see that the US CEO and Manchester were open to the feedback and made adjustments to keep the team happy. Personally, I think that $150K is an easy number to obtain with many earning a lot more. That coupled with the fact that you get a healthy car allowance, reimbursed for mileage and even a cup of coffee a day makes for a pretty good plan.

Socially the team is always planning fun events. When I was in Manchester for training myself along with 3 other BDM’s were in the company seats at a ManU game sitting with the CEO and a sales manager. This summer in Chicago they are having a huge
  more... bash where they are literally flying the BDM’s in from Canada and all across the US so we can have this event together and celebrate the years successes and have a good time. Locally, about 1X a month we go get training as BDM’s and have a dinner as a team.

PHMG Con’s

The company is rapidly growing in many markets and want to make sure that they are hiring the right people so at times we are running lean on staff.
Fantastic company to work for
Key Account Manager (North America) (Current Employee) –  ManchesterJune 28, 2017
PHMG provide you with excellent support to fulfil your potential within the company. Hard work is very much rewarded both with opportunities and compensation/benefits. PH Perks offers another reward for showing your commitment to your role and are very much appreciated by all staff. Everyone at PHMG works together well and this creates a supportive and very positive working environment.
Pros
Great training and support from management
Good Company, Fun Environment
Media Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
I started with PHMG around a month ago and have loved every second. Training immerses you in the company brand and culture basically how it all started and it was very eye-opening. When I hit the phones for the first time it was a great feeling. Well prepared. The culture is amazing. Pool table, ping pong table and Xbox during lunch and breaks. Softball once a week as an office. There's a lot to do after work too downtown. Management use great incentives to hit our targets. I hit my first month revenue target and was treated to a delicious meal at an amazing restaurant downtown with the CEO, head of sales, and everyone else who hit target. Overall great company and I'm very happy to be here.
Pros
Lots of incentives, realistic revenue targets
Cons
Have to look at Lake Michigan every day when it's nice outside
Growing Media company with fast track career progression
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
I was recommended PHMG by a friend who worked here and since starting I haven't looked back. I'm on track to earn $85k this year (and I only have a year's sales experience) and the environment is fun and I've made great friends. I've just returned from a trip in the UK which I won as an incentive and I'm in line for a promotion into a Team Leader role if I keep smashing my targets. It's a very exciting place to be with all the expansion plans this year and I'm looking forward to our summer party in a few weeks.
Pros
Views of Lake Michigan, ping pong, watch incentives, UK trips, pool table, cash incentives
Cons
Only 1 ping pong table
Unprofessional and Disorganized
Other (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
Very disorganized office. The people that run the office are all from the UK and think they are above americans. Puts way too much pressure on employees and will fire you the second you aren't living up to their "sales" standard. The CEO was heard cussing and yelling in the middle of the office. Very unprofessional business setting.
Pros
Office view
Cons
No stable job security
This Place Sucks
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2017
They claim to be like Google... but are far from it! The only great thing is you trip outside the country. Other than that... they Micro Manage the mess out of you!
Valuable rewards
Media Development Manager (Current Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 9, 2014
There are so many different characters at PH Media Group – you speak to such a diverse mix of people that no two days are the same. And importantly, everyone really looks out for each other – there’s great team spirit and camaraderie.

We work to a motto of ‘You make your own paycheque’ – and everyone in the team takes full advantage of this. When you work hard, you really see the rewards. The product and concept is truly unique, and I’m sure we’ve only just scratched the surface. The future of the company looks very exciting and I’m proud to be a part of it!
Pros
Promotional opportunities, strong team spirit, bonuses, varied role
An inclusive company that offers excellent career development opportunities
Senior Media Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  ManchesterMay 28, 2014
During my last 6 years at PH Media Group, I’ve had the privilege of being part of a hugely successful team that’s helped the business evolve into a global market leader. I’ve always felt valued as an employee and highly respected by all of the management. They gave me the opportunity to express myself – and rewarded my achievements with a healthy commission structure and excellent career development.

The family-like culture makes the sales floor a great place to work – and with our ventures into new international markets, exciting times lie ahead. The future of the business looks very bright, and I’m certainly looking forward to playing my part in their success.