Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Hard work for those that pull their weight
chef (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 14, 2015
Dependent of the position worked for the day it varies. I have learned a medial amount of information. Management is ok, but they need to work on how they treat their employees. I have some hard working co workers but also some that slack pretty bad. I would the hardest part is putting up with the ones that slack or do not do their work like they are supposed to. I would the most enjoyable is when one is told they did a good job.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
the insurance is terrible
Very Independent
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 2, 2015
I am a very detailed-oriented and professional person. I am a team leader and a great team player. I have acquired great work ethics over 14 years of working in the healthcare and 20+ years administration field. My co-workers considered me to be somewhat a leader, because I would represent for the team with great respect, truth and honor. I don't think there was any hard parts about my job. I enjoyed working there. The enjoyable part about my job was the family oriented environment. Just about everyone had gotten along.
Pros
A debit card for uniforms, family oriented environment, No hassle about doctor's appts or taking off when needed.
Cons
Excessive turn overs in positions, Managers seemed to change postive attitude about the whole department, No motivation or compliments for a job well done
I love the job everday is a learning expericence!!
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 10, 2015
I love my job here, the people the patients just being able to help each and everyone was a honor. The pay was great with good benefits, they really do value patients and also their employee's.
Family Oriented and Good Workplace
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 9, 2015
My typical day consisted of monitoring an online security camera system; assisting customers and employees. Responded to and addressed concerns from the public and hospital staff.
Not all departments are bad
Courier/Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 3, 2015
enjoyed working with the staff in the time being of my employment in the department I worked with. Also enjoyed working with the manager she very considerate of her staff.
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
expectations too high with limited amount of pay
management
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 1, 2015
I work with a lot of good employees that work very hard everyday to see the patient load that we have to see. However, they are not noticed or praised for the accomplishments they make when seeing the amount of patients we have to see in a seven hour period.
Productive, fun place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 27, 2015
Flexibility of schedule. Working with friendly people. Diverse group of people. Supportive management. Enjoy working with the people I work with.
Pros
Flexibility/hours
Cons
Breaks not long enough
registration clerk
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 23, 2015
The data collection part of this job was awesome. I met a lot of peopled both in the hospital inpatient and in the emergency room. This was a very rewarding job which I miss.
Pros
gift shop
Cons
not too many
great job and interesting all the time.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 16, 2015
very organized and fast paced job with a lot of activity going on all the time. I had to extract information in a fast and efficient manner for the well being of the inpatients and the outpatients.
Productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 30, 2015
I have had a pleasure of training and working with one of the best healthcare employees in the medical field. My Clinical Mentors were very helpful and they were very supportive of me and my learning and developments during my clinical rotations.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 24, 2015
I completed my internship at the site.The staff was very accommodating and helpful. I gained a lot of knowledge while interning at this location.
Clinical Practicum
Nurse Preceptorship, Ortho/Neuro (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 9, 2015
During my clinical rotation at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, I provided care for several patients in general medical/surgical, pediatrics, mother/baby, and labor and delivery. I was supervised by a licensed RN. The care I provided was complete, as if I was the patients actual nurse. I assessed the patients, gave out medicine, started IVs and hung IV fluids. The nurses that I had a chance to work with were very professional and did not mind sharing their knowledge. The hardest part of this job as actually seeing the patients, in pain, at their very worst. However, there was so much joy in being apart of caring for them and to contribute to their recovery.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 8, 2015
I have only been there less than a year and it is a very productive and friendly company. I work only 3 days a week and you can move around in the company.
Cons
30 minute lunches on a 12 hour shift
Professional Learning Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 4, 2015
Great place to work! Allows employees the opportunity to grow beyond their entrance in the company. This family oriented organization helps you to build teamwork and leadership skills abilities beyond your position.
Production mill!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 2, 2015
Too much work to provide quality patient care. Staff ratio is not correct. Management does not care about its staff or patients.
Pros
N/a
Cons
staffing, environment
Experience
Emergency Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 25, 2015
Good place to gain experience as New Grad from the medical field. There are good benefits that come along with it as well.
Internship Position
Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 10, 2015
This was an internship position during LPN school. I do not know much about the companies management, other than it is the largest hospital in Southwest Georgia.
What I learned
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  StaffingJuly 10, 2015
The most important thing that I learned most about working at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, is that Teamwork is very well exhibited. Every employee is involved with all patients, not only just theirs. And management skills are A+, they are equally involved patient care.
Pros
Delivering the highest quality of care
provides good job knowledge
Care Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 3, 2015
job knowledge is great. a typical day at work is busy from start to end which can be good because it makes the time go by.. the demand of the job keeps you very busy
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
pay could be higher
A good place to start a medical career
Patient Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany GaJune 17, 2015
I have learned while working for Phoebe, that training employees properly is fundamental in effective productivity.
Pros
5 day work week, dayshift
Cons
short lunch breaks, small to no annual raises