Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital

Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Monitor Tech
Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Albany, GAMay 30, 2014
I worked at Phoebe as a Monitor Tech and loved working there and they care about their employees.
Very Productive
Laundry Specialist (Former Employee), Albany GAApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: overtime
Greatest Job i have ever had. Awesome training and great experience
good
patient service worker (Former Employee), albany gaMarch 31, 2014
worked 12 hours bringing food to patients
learned good customer service skills
productive and a fair workday
Centralized Scheduling Representative (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: christmas party, gym, and gifts
Cons: short lunch, break, and healthcare
A typical work day is constantly talking on the phone with internal and external customers. What I learned as a scheduler is to always be kind and courtesy to customers on the phone at all times. Management didn't communicate to our department as they should have. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customers on the phone scheduling – more... appt. I enjoyed most of my co-workers because I love being around people. The hardest part about my job was trying to solve issues that I had no control over. – less
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, GAMarch 12, 2014
Phoebe Putney is a great place to work you stay busy. I enjoy working with the patients and there family members. My coworkers helps out and work as a team. Management is always there to help.
Great learning facility!
Staff Nurse, Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 2, 2014
You are just another number and if you don't agree with their political stance, you are expendable.
A very productive company to work in.
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: a wonderful company to work for.
I have worked for this company for almaost twelve years and it have been wonderful through the years.
Ability to learn many different skills at this job.
Office Assitant (Current Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 30, 2014
I have to bill daily and communicate by email with internal/external customers daily.

Process claims.

or
Nice employee Gym
Lab Support Technician III (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, nice employee gym, wonderful gift shop
Cons: short breaks, hardly no ovetime
It is a nice place to work. Employees are friendly. Management is easily to approach and co workers are nice. There is not really a hard part to working in the lab...except do not mislabel. The most enjoyable is that you work with a good group of people...depending on your department. The lab was awesome!!
Hospital Working Environment
Medical Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: up to date training in computer programs
As a medical records analyst/data entry clerk the job responsibility was maintaining and updating patients records. Providing information for research data bases. The hardest part of the job was working grave yard shift and expensive cost of health care. The most enjoyable part was developing my skills with Excel, and PowerPoint.
Great place to intern for.
Externship (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Enjoyed working with experienced, knowledgable technologists in my externship rotations.
fun work place
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: health problem
I enjoyed the place this is where i learned most of my computer skills this job got me ready for my future employments.
Fast paced and a fun place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, GADecember 29, 2013
Pros: 401k, carreer advancement and the hours worked
Cons: short breaks, high turnover and training
I worked in the ER and it is a very fast paced enviroment. I learned to move quickly while maintaining the quality level that is expected as a phoebe employee.

My co-workers were a great bunch of people to work with. In order for the shift that you were working on to run smoothly, every one had to work together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was – more... meeting different people and doing what I could to make the registration process as smooth as possbile. – less
Rewarding job with opportunity to work with patients and the community.
RN - Patient/Community Educator (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 17, 2013
Pros: rewarding work; working with women in and out of the hospital
Cons: working with women with a poor prognosis even after surgery
Every day, I would visit and provide education for the patients in the hospital who were post op for lumpectomies, mastectomies and hysterectomies. I provided back-up lactation specialist for the lactation specialist when she was out of the office, working with new moms to educate them on how to breast feed. I fitted women for mastectomy bras after – more... becoming a certified fitter. I wrote researched and wrote education for presentations that I would provide for community groups on breast self-exam and peri-menopause.

I learned about women's health, how to present to research and create presentations for community groups, how to present to a community group, how to educate a woman on proper breast feeding techniques, how to properly fit a woman for a mastectomy bra, etc.

Management was great. I had a very supportive boss who worked with her team to provide excellent services.

My co-workers were amazing! I enjoyed this job immensely.

The hardest part of this job was visiting and educating women who had recent surgery and a poor prognosis.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with women and helping them cope through a difficult time in their lives. – less
Great place to work, always had room to advance
Certified Phlebotomist /LST III (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 15, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: ins. to expences
obtain patients lab orders(Standing orders),that have been previously placed by the physician .Call patients ,draw specimen in correct tubes, label tubes ,spend down the ones that has to be. The hardest part of my job was to see the sick patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to brighten a sick persons day . I worked in a lab with – more... only one other person therefore we had to each preform our duties in order for it to run accordable. – less
my favorite work place
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 8, 2013
learned alot and would def work here again, this was the best job I have ever had and i miss it dearly.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE
TRANSPORTER/REDCOAT/CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Albany, GANovember 20, 2013
TRANSPORT PATIENTS. VALET PARKED CARS AND GREET CUSTOMERS.
My life @ PPMH
RN (Current Employee), ALBANY GEORGIANovember 19, 2013
my typical day starts @ 0645 with patient care, planning with an interdisciplinary team, then the execution. delegating and guiding the team to deliver the best care possible to our patients. I have learned to multi - task and lead by example, manage the care of the patients, guide the team and be resourceful. my co - worker work well together, my strength – more... to the team is I bring 100 percent everyday and I feel everyone else should as well. I am changing because it can be weakness because every team member100 percent make be different than my. The hardest part of my job is staffing, keeping the motivate after a death occurs is tough. The thing I enjoy about the job that I am privileged to have is taking great care of our greatest commodity 'THE PATIENT" – less
Enjoyed my job
Outreach Programs Coordinator, Auditor (Former Employee), Albany, GANovember 8, 2013
Pros: the patients, always learning something new.
Cons: people loosing jobs
My job was many, as Outreach Programs Coordinator, I organized "Cancer Talks", Health Fairs and Screenings, I also audited patients Radiation Therapy treatment charts, for errors/missed charges, etc. Attended daily morning meetings which addressed new and follow-up patients, checked for needed dictations and audited scanned dictations. I was also responsible – more... for entering results from screenings, printing address labels and mailing the results to health fair participants, which were 300+. Also educated 1000s of students in Dougherty County on the "Dangers of Tobacco" use.
I've worked with some of my co-workers over 20 years, we did not have a high turn over rate. We all enjoyed our jobs and coming to work.
I enjoyed the health fairs and helping the community, in coding I enjoyed finding ways to increase revenue/productivity.
The hardest part of my job was being let go after 28 years of dedication. – less
Phoebe Putney is known as the hospital with the heart!
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Albany, GANovember 4, 2013
Pros: i loved the pyxis machine!
Cons: n/a
Techs had to work two weekends a month. I enjoyed working 3-11.

1 2 3

About Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital

Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital provides health care services to residents of Southwest Georgia.¬†With more than 440 beds and some – Read more