Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital

Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Exciting department, great team work!!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 2, 2016
Coming in to work on a typical day knowing you're going to take part of most awesome thing ever is the most amazing part of the job! I have learned much about different religions and how they welcome they're child into the world. Our team works great together in times of emergencies.
Pros
employee gym, pharmacy
Cons
pay, benefits, lack of concern for those who earn less pay
Job Review
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 28, 2016
Phoebe has so much potential to be a great organization. It lacks effective communication of the staff. Many employees' often complain about the communication here, or lack there of. They don't seem to trust the upper management, and feel that they are not concerned about their staff. I also feel that the benefits, pay rate, and incentives could be more efficient for their employees'.
Pros
community efforts
Cons
Communication and incentives
Productive and Organized Workplace
PT Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 28, 2016
It's a great place to gain experience. I enjoy the phoebe family and the patients and people I work with. I like my schedule and the management in my department is good. Phoebe offer good benefits.
Good employer
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 1, 2016
Busy, long and sometimes stressful days but the work can be self gratifying knowing you have helped others. The most satisfying part of the job is knowing you made a difference in someone's live.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with physicians' attitudes and lack of support from upper management.
Benefits
Cons
Physician attitudes
Good benefits but no good window to use them in
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 13, 2016
Best part about the job are co-workers. You begin to become a family. The bureaucracy of the job can become burdensome because they sometimes require mandatory activities that does not take family into consideration.
benefits
Cons
no sick time; absentee policy
I've enjoyed my time working for Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 2, 2016
Working in the Registry can be challenging but I get a lot of satisfaction from my work. Days can be long but at the end of the day I feel that I've made a contribution to the whole.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short on staff, registry is chronically undermanned.
Opportunity for Growth
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 2, 2016
A typical day at work is routine.
I learned business office skills and customer service to another degree.
I enjoyed some of my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job is realizing there is no growth from this point. Also dealing with negative attitudes and negative co-workers.
Most enjoyable part of my job is having a job everyday and a paycheck every other week
Pros
Payroll Deduction and Incentives
Cons
Job Advancement in Management
Great Job Great Life
R.N. (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 29, 2016
PPMH know as the hospital with a heart has alot to offer. I started work here after colleg in 1987 but after 5 or 6 yrs left for my home health experience. There are lots of sweet & caring & thoughful people there. I have a family here being here over 28 yrs. However I feel its time to be closer to family, I will still visit Albany & friends it remains a big part of who I am.
Pros
Good Benefits package/Great People
Cons
Too far from where my heart is telling me to be now.
New Career
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 16, 2016
I started my new career at Phoebe in the Cancer Registry Department. I was there only 4 months. My supervisor and director decided that the remote position was not working out, so they let me go without even a notice at all. The hospital is beautiful and there are some friendly people working there, but I was done very wrong. I know that I can be re-hired, but I doubt I will ever apply again. The job itself was great but I was not given a chance to prove myself. I was used as an experiment to see if a remote position would work out. It was hard to get training when not on-site and I had only 6 weeks of training, starting out with zero experience.
Pros
I got to work from home.
Cons
I did not get much training.
Ok Place to work
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 1, 2016
Great salary and environment. Management could be better but overall good place to work. I loved the people there and meeting new patients on a daily basis
Flexible hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 10, 2017
It's very easy to overwhelm yourself. As a cna I sometimes felt like we were treated unfairly and like peasants. CNAS are fired unfairly also.
Pros
Payroll deduction
Cons
A job that requires dedication and loyalty
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 18, 2016
A job that allows you to work hard from the start of the day until the end of your shift, so if you enjoy staying busy, this job will not dissappoint. An excellent job for anyone who loves people and who is willing to go to extra measures to assist them.
Pros
Providing financial assistance to patients to offset the stress of a procedure, surgery or hospital stay.
Cons
Not being able to assist everyone
No room for growth
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 12, 2017
This was an ok job. The coworkers are nice but management are horrible. They talk to you like you're kids & they always believe the other facilities that call & schedule with you over you. Supervisor told me basically whether they were telling the truth or not, I'd be the one blamed. No positive moral or incentives for good performance
Pros
Caring coworkers
Cons
Horrible management, little pay, overworked
Poor management, negative employee treatment.
Patient Access Specialist - Emergency Center (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I loved the work I did and the pay was excellent. Unfortunately the department I worked for was poorly ran by the management team. I did nothing but work hard since I first started there but nothing I did or the members of my team did was good enough. I was bullied by management including; being written up for being out of work with my sick son who had Pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital, I was promised an opportunity in another position then lied to regarding that position and then given a terrible schedule, plus after finally getting tired enough of the poor treatment I attempted to leave the company on good terms by giving a 2 week notice and was fired over the phone the next day.
Pros
Excellent pay, enjoyed the work.
Cons
Terrible, terrible, very poor management.
It's a job.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 9, 2016
A typical day at work is overwhelming.
The workload is more than one person can do.
Upper management is out of touch with the average employee, and has no idea what it takes for them to accomplish assigned tasks.
The overall morale is low.
The most enjoyable part of the job is payday.
Pros
The building is nice and clean.
Cons
Workload expectations are unrealistic
Productive workplace
RN Director (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 12, 2016
Challenging work in different departments. The staff and management were wonderful. I enjoyed all the people in the many years working for Phoebe. I learned so much at Phoebe from management styles to technology.
Pros
Administration
Good company
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 29, 2016
I think Phoebe is a great company to work for. I feel that management on the lower levels could be better. This would be accomplished by simply requiring mangers to manage departments in rotation, not just assigned to one area.
Very sad
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 3, 2016
Nurse/ patio extremely high on floors. We never have CNAs. Total patient care on 6 very sick patients is a nightmare. There is no management. You are being set up to fail!
Pros
Great staff members willing to help
Cons
Never had time to eat or drink
productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 19, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Walmart. I enjoyed working around the supervisor and employees. I also liked the customers and the job I performed. Working with retail is a very great field to do. I also enjoyed the type of duty I did like shelving, pricing tags, cleaning aisles.
modern equipment
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 26, 2016
this company provides enough workers to help with many jobs that present day to day. Salary along with industry guidelines.not much turn over in employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location