Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital

Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

wanting to relocate
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 25, 2016
A good bit of my job is enjoyable, but I'm unable to advance anymore in pay. Also, I'm wanting to move out of southwest Ga. area.
Phoebe was an excellent employer! Very family oriented, professional and friendly.
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 10, 2016
I couldn't have asked for better team leaders and director. A typical work day was challenging but not overly challenging or stressful, I learned what team work really means and what it feels like to work w/ caring co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when I was unable to make "everyone" happy. The most important part of my job was the professionalism and the rewarding experiences from co-workers and customers/consumers.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Pay
Ok Place to work
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 1, 2016
Great salary and environment. Management could be better but overall good place to work. I loved the people there and meeting new patients on a daily basis
Great company to work for
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 18, 2016
I was a great job to work at for the last sixteen years, but I need a change of speed. Everyday was slow, but great. My boss was a wonderful person.
Pros
Long vacation day
Cons
Slow pace/ long hours
Great Job Great Life
R.N. (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 29, 2016
PPMH know as the hospital with a heart has alot to offer. I started work here after colleg in 1987 but after 5 or 6 yrs left for my home health experience. There are lots of sweet & caring & thoughful people there. I have a family here being here over 28 yrs. However I feel its time to be closer to family, I will still visit Albany & friends it remains a big part of who I am.
Pros
Good Benefits package/Great People
Cons
Too far from where my heart is telling me to be now.
Very busy hospital but great to work with.
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 20, 2016
The job was a very methodical one . In which you had step by step procedures to follow when each patient came in. I learned it very well and was very good at my job.
Pros
people contact
Cons
lunches were only 30 minutes.
Positive work atmoshpere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 1, 2016
Phoebe is a beautiful hospital where I was introduced to an overall exposure to medicine on nearly every level. I started as a CNA for the med-surge cardiac floor. I had experiences in ICU, emergency room and general medicine.
Pros
Great attractive enviornment
Amazing Place to Work
Echo Technologist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 28, 2016
Phoebe Putney is an amazing place to work due to the great management and team work that is clearly evident by the proficient work flow. My coworkers are always flexible and step up when needed. My knowledge has increased tremendously and the doctors are a joy to work with,
learned a lot
Cardiovascular Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 22, 2016
I spent several months at Phoebe I did learn a lot from some of the teachers i followed around. However not everyone was as polite with having to teach a student and spend time with them, most found it a burden to students being there.
Need to do better
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 21, 2016
I really did not like it. High patient to nurse ration. No upper management help. We have no upper management because they left.

Want to know more about Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Very little support/respect for employees
Licensed Registered Nurse(Home HealthCare) (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 13, 2016
Love my job as a nurse but this company is primarily concerned with patient satisfaction. Good patient outcomes and employee satisfaction matter very little. My department is very unorganized and inconsistent.
modern equipment
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 26, 2016
this company provides enough workers to help with many jobs that present day to day. Salary along with industry guidelines.not much turn over in employees
Great Team Environment
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Albany, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Very open knowledge share atmosphere at this facility. it's refreshing to work in an atmosphere daily, where not only interoffice but between departments there is a very strong team atmosphere.
Poor management, negative employee treatment.
Patient Access Specialist - Emergency Center (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I loved the work I did and the pay was excellent. Unfortunately the department I worked for was poorly ran by the management team. I did nothing but work hard since I first started there but nothing I did or the members of my team did was good enough. I was bullied by management including; being written up for being out of work with my sick son who had Pneumonia and was admitted to the hospital, I was promised an opportunity in another position then lied to regarding that position and then given a terrible schedule, plus after finally getting tired enough of the poor treatment I attempted to leave the company on good terms by giving a 2 week notice and was fired over the phone the next day.
Pros
Excellent pay, enjoyed the work.
Cons
Terrible, terrible, very poor management.
Phoebe
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work, friendly people to work with and for.
Kept busy
Working in the E.R you have to be prepared for anything.
Good working conditions
Pros
all around good
Cons
Hard work for those that pull their weight
chef (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 14, 2015
Dependent of the position worked for the day it varies. I have learned a medial amount of information. Management is ok, but they need to work on how they treat their employees. I have some hard working co workers but also some that slack pretty bad. I would the hardest part is putting up with the ones that slack or do not do their work like they are supposed to. I would the most enjoyable is when one is told they did a good job.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
the insurance is terrible
Very Independent
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 2, 2015
I am a very detailed-oriented and professional person. I am a team leader and a great team player. I have acquired great work ethics over 14 years of working in the healthcare and 20+ years administration field. My co-workers considered me to be somewhat a leader, because I would represent for the team with great respect, truth and honor. I don't think there was any hard parts about my job. I enjoyed working there. The enjoyable part about my job was the family oriented environment. Just about everyone had gotten along.
Pros
A debit card for uniforms, family oriented environment, No hassle about doctor's appts or taking off when needed.
Cons
Excessive turn overs in positions, Managers seemed to change postive attitude about the whole department, No motivation or compliments for a job well done
I love the job everday is a learning expericence!!
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 10, 2015
I love my job here, the people the patients just being able to help each and everyone was a honor. The pay was great with good benefits, they really do value patients and also their employee's.
Family Oriented and Good Workplace
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 9, 2015
My typical day consisted of monitoring an online security camera system; assisting customers and employees. Responded to and addressed concerns from the public and hospital staff.
Not all departments are bad
Courier/Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 3, 2015
enjoyed working with the staff in the time being of my employment in the department I worked with. Also enjoyed working with the manager she very considerate of her staff.
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
expectations too high with limited amount of pay

Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location