Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Stressful Work Environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 9, 2017
Management was not good in certain departments. Management cared more about who was willing to be their puppet. No one cared about the welfare and well being of the employee themselves. I sincerely pray that it gets better. I do want to note that some environments are a lot better than others. I give props to managers whom are fair, just ad willing to specifically help their team. Teamwork makes the Dream Work.
good manager,enjooyed my work place benefits were good
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 26, 2017
i enjoyed my work department,the employees worked very good together. Our manager was very well informed on our duties and if we had a problem she always available to help us.
Pros
enjoyed my work place very much, the employees worked very well together.
Cons
the pay
A typical day at work
Medical Records Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 25, 2017
The most enjoyable place to work. I enjoy working with the patient and making them smile. Great customer service. Make sure I have great productive day.
Pros
Great place to work and staff
Cons
sick time pay
Not a good department
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany gaOctober 25, 2017
Former employee not a good place to work when I was in ore ration they said try it out and they will try to move you that was a lie when I started my position as a Medical Assistant I did not like the department I was in due to lack of management and a team leader that don’t do nothing but sit around wanting you to do her stuff. I tried to get them to move me to another department they said wait 6 months well I couldn’t and I was not making no money.
Pros
Cheap breakfast
Cons
Bad management
No raises
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 24, 2017
The pay was not competitive with other hospitals in the area. Did not offer raises to the employees. Was often called off due to low census. Co-workers were great though.
ER life
Emergency Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 21, 2017
Life working in the ER is hard. There is very little time left for family life due to long hours. I don't recommend this job for anyone with a family.
Pros
benefits, good pay, perks
its work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 12, 2017
hardest part of the job is no cna or not enough
not enough nurses
call outs
rude patients
not enough hours in the day to get all done
too many patients who think its a hotel
Pros
staff
Cons
not enough staff
Extremely competitive, stressful
RRT (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 11, 2017
Management was very poor. We had 3 supervisors over the 4 shifts who could not even do a breathing treatment. Kind to your face, but extremely unprofessional. They would pick on people and call within an hour of leaving and wake you up after working all night even though they were they for 1 hours prior to me leaving and would not ask you what it was they needed until I was asleep in the bed (I worked night shift, they were on Day shift) and we had a meeting every single morning from 7-715 for shift change.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, extremely stressful, sometimes hostile
Great team of nurses and techs
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 3, 2017
The digestive health team is one of the best teams I have every been a part of in my nursing career. Leadership is fair and concerned with each of us as a person. The physicians are demanding, but not unfair. The teamwork makes it enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the results of poor patient education pre-procedure by the office staff.
Pros
teamwork, great leader, fabulous hours
Cons
rarely get full 40-hour check, no chance for OR
Healthcare provider
Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 27, 2017
My over all experience with Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital was challenging and educational because I had to learn about the cleaning and up keep of all the areas of the facility of the hospital as well as the maintenance and taking care of the patients.
Pros
education, people, paid time
Cons
health benefits, job benefits..
It's a Great Place to Begin
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 23, 2017
Phoebe is an excellent to begin your career in the healthcare field. Better opportunities are afforded to those who work on the main campus versus off campus sites. Once hired, be prepared to remain in your role for a while before given the opportunity to advance.
Pros
Discounted prescriptions, great incentives
Cons
Not enough help
loved my patients and they kept me motivated
Ga.-Phlebotomist/Lab Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 13, 2017
typical day at Cancer Center was a fast paced one. I waited on an average of 50pts per day. My work was rewarding. During my years at Phoebe I worked in the EC after leaving the Cancer Center to help ensure proper blood collections. I am experienced in drawing babies as well as geriatric patients
Pros
payroll deduction options, employee pharmacy
Cons
management, work duties not fairly distributed
Very busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 11, 2017
I assisted a physician and midwives. The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing the baby's heartbeats. The hardest part was sometimes being overwhelmed with patients.
Pros
helping new moms
Cons
lots of paperwork and files
Former Security Officer of 6years
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 5, 2017
The management is very poor they dont know nothing. Management only concern about 2 or 3 staff members as long as they are ok they assume everybody else is. Only allow certain people to work overtime dont offer it to everybody the pay is horrible the work is over stressful and the department turn over is at its worst past two years security department have had over 8staff members to quit or transfer... STAY AWAY
Pros
6 vacations a year if you have the time
Cons
Poor managment poor pay stressful very
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse- Med/Surg (Weekends) (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 3, 2017
This was a very well-managed facility...The experience was a really good one. The staff collaborated well at all levels of care and service. The compensation was well.
good work envirment
Unit Secretary general medical (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 29, 2017
Hardest part of job is lack of staff to care for patient load sometimes overwhelmed at work load with no help some patients needs were not meet in a timely manner due to lack of staff
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of staff for patient needs
I enjoy working at Phoebe.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 25, 2017
I enjoy my coworkers and working at Phoebe. I have flexibility when scheduling time off. The work environment is exceptional. I have learned a lot at Phoebe.
Pros
flexible
Needs improvment
Executive Assistant, Oncology Administration (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 21, 2017
I feel there are may ways an organization can improve. Clear, concise, effective communication is key to thrive in any position. However, I did not get that while at Phoebe.
Average
Medical Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 19, 2017
overall great environment friendly staff. the management is not always the greatest but it is a overall great place to work. The benefits are not the best
Phoebe can be a good place to work, depends on who you work with
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 16, 2017
It's very difficult to manage clinical staff when not supported by management and CNA's don't think they need to listen to the charge nurse/staff nurse/ manager.

Enjoyed interacting with patients/family- patients always appreciate what you do for them.