Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Internship Position
Internship (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 10, 2015
This was an internship position during LPN school. I do not know much about the companies management, other than it is the largest hospital in Southwest Georgia.
What I learned
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), StaffingJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Delivering the highest quality of care
Cons: None
The most important thing that I learned most about working at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, is that Teamwork is very well exhibited. Every employee is involved with all patients, not only just theirs. And management skills are A+, they are equally involved patient care.
provides good job knowledge
Care Management Representative (Current Employee), Albany, GAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: great team to work with
Cons: pay could be higher
job knowledge is great. a typical day at work is busy from start to end which can be good because it makes the time go by.. the demand of the job keeps you very busy
A good place to start a medical career
Patient Accounting Representative (Current Employee), Albany GaJune 17, 2015
Pros: 5 day work week, dayshift
Cons: short lunch breaks, small to no annual raises
I have learned while working for Phoebe, that training employees properly is fundamental in effective productivity.
OK organization to work for
Team Leader of Central Scheduling Precert (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Work hours and days are good
Cons: Lack of morale
typical day at work is busy

I learned that I do not want to work for an organization that does not value their employees opinion. Morale for this organization is not at the level it should be

Management suffers from lack of communication and fairness

Enjoyed my co-workers, we worked as a team and they were knowledgeable about the job

THe hardest part of the job was working with a director that does not trust you. Also working for an organization that treated me unfairly

The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the employees that work under my authority
I have a lot of common sense and am a hard worker
MLT/Drug/Alcohol Instructor/Random Program Coord (Current Employee), Albany, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: I am task oriented
Cons: I sometimes take on too much to do
Several positions have been added to my original job as an Medical Laboratory Technician over the years and I have gladly taken on those tasks in the interest of doing what we all can to work together in these difficult times. I have adjusted over the years to make it all work and am sad to leave my "work family" but my family and I are moving away. I always try to do my job as my parents taught me years ago; be kind to others, help whenever you are needed, if you have a task figure it out and use the common sense GOD gave you.It has always worked for me.
good place to work
Advanced Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, GAMarch 29, 2015
fast paced work environment. your day goes by fast. the hardest part of the job is constantly being on your feet. the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting people
Great!
Patient Excellence Coach (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 22, 2015
Phoebe Health System was a great place to work with a patient centered culture and supportive management!
They are very supportive of their staff and provide many benefits for those that work there. The work environment is clean and safe. We have casual fridays during the summer when the weather is very hot!
They have employee feedback forums on a regular basis called "y'all come!"' they have many training and development opportunities for mid level managers and staff.
Great Employer
DoCo Jail Rep (PRN) (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 8, 2015
Great place to work, co-workers were friendly and very helpful. Management was helpful and friendly as well. Wasn't a hard part to the job.
Phoebe is not a place that allows you to advance.
Lab Support Tech III (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 5, 2015
I work for a company that has not given their employees a raise in almost 3 years. Job security does not seem possible. They have had several lay offs and a high turn over rate.
Learning Experience with working in a hospital.
Clinical Associate (Former Employee), Albany, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Staff were assigned their areas to work in for that shift. Blood pressure were taken. Made sure patients ate their meals. Fed patients that needed to be fed. Continued to take blood pressures through the shift. Drew blood from patients that had labs on that shift. Continued to make rounds and check on patients until my shift ended.
Great learning experience
Internship Site (Former Employee), Albany, GaJanuary 11, 2015
I was able to learn so much at this clinical rotation. I was able to work with different types of patients daily and even expanded my knowledge on the information I already learned.
Room for Improvement
Material Handler (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 29, 2014
Pros: cheep breakfast
Cons: organization need improving
Room for Improvement. We did not have enough employees working in that area. On the up side the shifts was great.
Overall a clean environment
Specialist EVS (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: you're able to be apart of all phoebe's activities, for example their gym.
Cons: if you're part time you don't receive all their benefits.
This was my first job. I started this job a year after I graduated from high school. I began volunteering with Phoebe before I became an employee.
RN/charge nurse
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Albany, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: no time to eat during a 12 -13 hr shift
Showing up at 645 am and leaving sometimes at 8pm. I worked on a very hectic MED-Surg unit with lots of running and always feeling behind. I worked o this unit 8 years after I graduated school and learned so much . I think it should be a requirement for all new nurses to go to Med- Surg before and other unit . I learned so much that could never be taught in nursing school. I had patients of every kind and with charging I would have to check on every patient on the unit. The hardest part was seeing so many young people die of cancer. My co-workers and management was always there if I needed them.
Awesome place to work
Catering Associate of Food& Nutrition (Former Employee), Albany, GAOctober 21, 2014
Great happy and positive atmosphere my coworkers and patients were so very nice and understanding.
Loyal employees are often used and discarded for what maybe cheaper and more expedient
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 13, 2014
Not the organization I started with, the commitment to customer service and employee moral is not what it once was. The hospital that prided itself on being the place with the heart and the hometown commitment seems to have lost most of its heart and the commitment is now seems questionable...
loved working for Phoebe
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Albany, GAAugust 1, 2014
my years at Phoebe were very challenging and my greatest learning experience
productive
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 28, 2014
busy and educational I enjoyed working with the nurses and assisting patients
Great professionalism in the workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Albany, GAJune 13, 2014
Pros: very professional with room to advance
Cons: i would love to interact more with the public.
I worked in the Human Resources Department as an intern at Phoebe Putney, and all the entire staff was great and very competent in their roles. I learned a lot about organizational development and learning. If I could, I would love to procure a position there just to be a part of the whole training and development of employees and the company.