Senior Systems Administrator
Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our growing and exciting environment. This role would be part of the Core Operations team within the Technology Operations organization which supports and scales our client's infrastructure and services. TechOps provides 24x7x365 service support and is responsible for availability, security, and performance of all products and services. The Senior Operations Administrator will need to provide top notch system administration skills in Linux/Unix/open source (LAMP) environments with a keeping proficiency and accuracy in mind. You will be responsibilities will include but not limited to design, monitor, manage and scale large scale infrastructures for online service businesses.
The Senior Systems Administrator will engage with other TechOps personnel to collaborate on infrastructure design and be responsible for fault tolerance, high availability, and helping to maintain a high quality of service for operations.
The Senior Systems Administrator will leverage industry best practices in design and systems architecture to help manage our growing network of servers and optimize performance, while continuously contributing to monitoring and management.
- 5+ years of experience supporting high growth Linux/Unix server environments (500+ nodes), preferably most of which has been for online service businesses
- Fluency in monitoring and management approaches using toolsets such as Nagios, syslog-ng, cfengine, puppet, and rrd-based tools such as MRTG, cacti, munin, ganglia, etc.
- Strong knowledge of building and optimizing LAMP and open source application stacks (Apache, nginx, MySQL, PHP, Ruby, chef,
- unicorn, hadoop, memcached, reddis, etc.), with significant expertise in Linux distros of RHEL derivatives such as CentOS
- Experience with both physical and virtual automated system provisioning (PXE boot, DHCP)
- Expertise in DNS, LDAP, various storage strategies, and network or distributed file systems
- Expertise with open source asset management systems such as OCS Inventory and GLPI is a plus
- Knowledge of MySQL DB administration including backups and replication topologies
- Knowledge of networking in both physical data center and virtual hosting (cloud computing) environments, including VLANs and
- how/why used, difference between L2 and L3 protocols, fault tolerance in Internet connectivity, and management of various load balancing solutions (F5, Citrix, Cisco, Foundry)
- Ability to succeed in fast paced, high growth startup-like environments
- Strong communication skills with proficiency in producing design diagrams and operational procedures
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Degree from a 4-year university
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
IT Consulting and Staffing