Phoenix Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

I go to spend a day with my friends and get paid for it.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2016
A home away from home. Even the worst day is balanced with good friends and a team attitude that always that always gets the job done. What ever it may be. You never really work when you go to spend the day with your friends.
Pros
great team
Cons
people have to leave when God says to
Could be better
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2015
Needs a Revamp of the system. Managers saying no and getting nothing done and carrying on the same frustrations while everyone is screaming the answer.
The people are great and respectable however the system itself is not maintaining what is needed.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Very productive workplace
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2015
Very productive workplace. Phoenix Baptist Hospital is a place where people come to get help and you get a lot of the people that are homeless and addicted to drugs.
Great work place, the other nurses were good team players, fun, and, supportive .
Women Service RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AzOctober 14, 2015
Phoenix Baptist Hospital is a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed the diversity of the patients, my co-workers, the doctors, and my manager. It is a beautiful hospital and a great place to work.
Pros
I love postpartum, and couplet care, most of the staff was wonderful.
Cons
I am currently experiencing difficulty with chronic back pain, which makes long shift difficult.
fun place to work.
pharmacy buyer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Enjoy the people I work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is something new to learn everyday. The biggest part of my job is buying all the medications for the hospital and reviewing all pharmacy charges to our patients. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the back order drugs and keeping everybody informed.
Pros
able to get drug reps to provide lunches.
Cons
short breaks
I would recommend this place to a friend
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2015
over all this place is a good place to work at. everyone worked as a team, and provide a safe work environment not only for works, but the patients too.
Pros
good environment
Good job
Patient Care Technician (PCT) / Sitter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
This job is very interesting. You have the chance to meet a lot of different people. People that come from all walks of life. One on one monitoring is nice.
Pros
Good slow pace job
Cons
Long hours no spacific break time
I enjoy my work while iam in lab
Laboratory assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoeni ArizonaJune 5, 2015
I have been working for more than three as a lab assistant, in June 12, 2015 I will graduate from Brookline college with associate degree in medical laboratory tech.
ED nursng is exciting and demanding
New Grad RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2015
It can be long days, with minor issues regarding patients or a quick shift with exciting incidences. I only spent 3 months as a new grad here so I was always learning. In 3 months, I have many stories to tell.
good
analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Great place to work for front line staff. Upper management and Directors have a difficult time. C-suite team are not supportive and do not promote professional development.
Tough and uneasy work environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2015
a typical day starts with being at least one co worker short, someone is always calling in or just leaving early. Management is very hostile towards anyone that my be slow, anyone that stops and has asks questions. especially towards anyone that may need special privligies to work or to get to work
Volunteer- Human Resources Department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2014
Being a volunteer at Phoenix Baptist Hospital was a true blessing!!!! I currently still keep in touch with many employees who currently work for the hospital. I am still hopeful to obtain employment with Abrazo.
Pros
Getting to know each department
Cons
none whatsoever.
Patient Access Rrep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2014
Loved my job loved working and helping patients, but unfortunately very poor management.
Short-staffing was a problem, as expected.
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2014
Worked 13 hours shifts and barely had time to sit down.
Enjoyed majority of coworkers & the ones that were fair, I got along with anyway.
Management was decent, fair.
Hardest part was short-staffing & heavy lifting.
Most enjoyable part was interacting with people; I love working with and helping others.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Injured back twice lifting heavy post-op patients w/o enough help.
Great place to work!
Lead Radiology Technologist 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2014
In over 20 years of being a Radiology Technologist I have to admit that Phoenix Baptist Hospital was the best job and best place to call home. You were always happy to go to work. Administration always thanked us for our hard work. We had drawings and were given weekend vacations, etc. Rich LeClair was the Director and a true pleasure to work for. We were all friends and had each others backs.
Pros
Everything about working here was a Pro!
Cons
No cons
productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2014
All my co-workers work as a team player, My typical 12 hour night is sitting at a desk answering phone and take order from nursing and physicians . I stuff chart with admissions packet. fax document to physicians office, and admit patients.
Pros
Short of staff
Cons
better pay, 8 hour days
This place was filthy inside.
Med-Surg Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2014
Some of the RNs were very mean and bossy.
When a CNA would call off sick they made me an LPN go to a different floor after I had already taken report on my normal floor. And
then I'd have to work as a CNA and have a late start.
Building looked ancient and ugly inside.
Lots of back biting by the nurses and the CNAs.
Pros
Pay was decent. Pretty good benefits.
Cons
Ugly environment. Mean RNs.
Challenging environment due to recurring changes in senior leadership
Lab Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 31, 2013
Historical turnover of senior leaders and low employee satisfaction ratings as a result.
Working with great Residents to becoming a Doctor of their own Clinics
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2013
This position was working with Residents hand in hand to train them in their career path, so once they completed their 3 years they would be able to have their own clinic or partner with another doctor and be able to run their own clinics. We as a clinic also set up other free clinic out and around the phoenix area to help patient who may need health care and not able to afford it.
High volume
Senior Medical Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2013
Typical day would start the minute you walk through the door. Non stop all day. On your feet for 12hrs straight and lucky to get lunch or a break. High turn over of techs and not enough management role models. Teamwork was the hardest part of work. It was hard to get someone to help when you needed it because we were all doing our own benches and couldn't hardly leave to help someone. I enjoyed working with my co workers we were all happy to work with each other.
Pros
3 days a week 12hr work days
Cons
not enough time to do your work if you were a Lead.