Phoenix Children's Academy

Phoenix Children's Academy Employer Reviews

Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: a lot of lazy employees/flakes
Working for PCA had it's ups and downs like any other job. I loved my co-teachers and kids, but some of the "floaters" were lazy and not helpful at all. Fortunately, management at the time was ok and tried to fulfill the needs of most of the employees there. Corporate visitors were constantly checking in and offered a lot of advice/training to teachers who needed it. I'm not sure if that's how it is now.
Envornment
Lead Teacher - Toddlers (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2014
Pros: professional environment
Cons: can sometimes have long days
I truly have a passion for working with people. I enjoy helping others to the best of my abality. A day at work can invole managing a team, keeping attendance and completing weekly payroll. I manage to be a great problem solver. My co-workers are awesome individuals whom all have different personalities that team very well together.The hardiest part of my job can somtimes be multitasking over three things at a time, although with time I have gotten use to it. The thing I love most about my job is getting to greet and help people on a everyday basis.
Outside is beautiful...
Real person (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Inside is too unreal for my taste. Wish it could have been better.
Challenging as well as rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 23, 2014
Everyday was new at Phoenix Children's Academy. When I started at this school, it was in a complete disarray. The school only had 6 staff members hired out of 13 that were needed. The rest were workers from a substitute agency that cost the school an outrageous amount of money. I worked on Hiring new teachers as well as training the current ones on curriculum to raise the quality of the school. I made it my personal responsibility to increase communication between parents and the school as well as planned activities and community connections to get everyone involved and to spread the word that the school was under new management and that the school has greatly improved. There is still a long way to go but I am proud to say that I have had a large hand in getting this school in the right direction.
terrible pay...terrible directors
teacher (Current Employee), Charleston SCSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: the kids
Cons: low pay.. terrible management... teachers never stay which i don't blame them
Terrible place to work the director lies and shows favortism.Pay sucks for all the stuff you have to put up with
Poor businessman ship
Teacher (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 30, 2014
This company is a joke. Everybody is disposable here. And they take whatever needs necessary. Even if that means lying to cover their own behinds but get rid of you at the same time. Nobody fights for anybody over there. They don't fight for the staff and they definitely don't fight for the families who are pulling their kids because of the lack of consistency or because of a very rude and fake director. This company is very sneaky and nobody should trust them let alone leave their kids at a place where nobody cares about them but the teachers who are unfortunately still there.
Would not recommend as a permanent place of employment
Teacher (Current Employee), Lexington, SCMay 13, 2014
Pros: working with the children is a pro.
Cons: not being able to be compensated correctly for your amount of work put in, as well as not being able to take time off when needed are cons.
A typical day at work would contain being over-worked due to the fact that there are numerous call-outs daily & this makes it very hard to work efficiently or even to want to come to work.
A place for children to play
Teacher (Current Employee), Austin, TexasApril 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: inadequte breaks
I am still holding a position there.. I can't say too much.
I work with ratios so, most days, it was difficult to get out of my classroom for any reason. I learned that corporations don't care about the product, only the numbers. As far as management, at my location they were rude, petty, passive aggressive, uncultivated, illiterates that didn't respect their employees or customers. My co-teachers were nice, gossipy but what place with 30 women isn't, right? The hardest part working there as the people I had to encounter from sometimes rude parents to always rue management. I love working with children, they keep me young and I have fun doing my job.
Horrible place to work
Teacher (Former Employee), Peoria, AZMarch 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Directors are full of themselves. Do not care about the kids. Teachers wait months for new child locks for the classroom including for the outlets. Never work here it's all about money not the kids
Corporate office HR is devious
AP (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 24, 2013
The HR department consists of maybe 3 people at times, the HR Pres is hateful, she is vindictive and makes up lies just so she doesn't have to see you in the office if she doesn't like you. She gossips about employees and makes jokes about there behaviors in a very unprofessional manner.

People in this office are free to watch tv and movies while sitting in there office with all the lights off, while others play games all day and text on there phone, however the second HR doesn't like you they start righting you up for things when others are doing far worse.

The HR pres also will fight your Unemoyment benefits till her death bed because she is filled with so much hate. Be careful with this place it's not an equal employment type of office.
I loved seeing the children happy.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2013
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: non flexible hours
I learned how to adapt to new situations in a matter of seconds. I was pushed out of my comfort zone and learned many new "tricks of the trade". The hardest part of this job was having to take a lunch break when I had things I needed to finish. The part that I loved most was finding a new fun thing for the children to do and their faces when they were having fun while doing it.
Phoenix Childrens Academy
Lead Teacher for Toddler Room (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 23, 2013
Due to my sons health condition, I transferred to Mini Skool.
extremly horrible workplace
Pre-School Teacher (Former Employee), Forney, TXSeptember 18, 2012
Cons: no breaks, very little pay, will put you on the sub list if you use pto
This is not a place anyone should work. They have no heart for the employees or for the children. They only care about the money and do not value the employee's or children. They do not provide for the needs of the children or for the employee's. They lie to famlies to cover there butts when accidents happen. This facility should be shut down immedialtly if not sooner. They are rude and ruthless and cold hearted and it is a very miserable place to be and work. I know first hand and am not alone on my feelings.
Good place to start
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2012
Pros: gain job experience
Cons: poor wage and benifits
This is a good place to start your work expeience in child care. Typically i spend the day following the curriculum and caring for young children. There is good management and i enjoy working as a team with my co-workers. I truly enjoy my job, but the hardest part of working here is the lack of adiquate salary and benefits which is forcing me to seek another job.