Phoenix Children's Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Great Starter
Lead School Age Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 16, 2016
Working for Mini-Skool, is great for a new graduate from college that needs work experience dealing with children. You will learn what to do and what not do. Overall, this job is not made for a career path.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
pay, short breaks, management
Fun and enjoyable enviroment for teachering children
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 16, 2015
Great environment, Amazing staff, and great team. The children and other staff make it enjoyable to come to work everyday.
Not a good place to work.
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sleaterkenny Lacey WashingtonSeptember 11, 2015
I was continually ask to preform duties that were illegal and unsafe while at Miniskool sleaterkenny. Both staff and children were openly talked about in negative and demeaning ways by the directors. The family's I worked with were great and that was the only thing that kept me at this job. I would never suggest this company to family's or potential employees.
Pros
Kind family's and children.
Cons
Very poor management.
Think twice before working here!!!
lead preschool teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
phoenix stonegate here in Houston is poorly ran and managed. The director is known to be verbally abusive with her staff and the children attending school here. The front office cuts hours if they notice you are getting close to working more than 40+ hours a week. They do not pay for any training or finger printing, you have to pay out of pocket. Teachers often wander around leaving classrooms out of ratio and children unattended.
Pros
The students are super loving and sweet. The parents are always very helpful.
Cons
no overtime, poorly managed by the director and the entire front office.
Pay doesnt cut it
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 27, 2015
Its a LOVELY school with great families. That being said- the annual raises never happened. I worked there for 6 years, and one year received a 5 cent raise. Yes, I'm serious. In six years, my pay increased a total of $1. I also took on the job of opening keyholder and kitchen manager during this time. Neither produced an increase in pay. Long term teachers just are not rewarded. This is a great job for a college student trying to get through school, but I urge experienced teachers not to take a job with this company.
The directors at my school were amazing, even though many of the teachers were incompetent. The families were long time customers and spoiled us where the company failed us. If you are in it for the love and experience of caring for children in a welcoming and supportive environment, that's wonderful- but don't let this large company pay you less than competing companies will offer you up front and long term. One last item: the company would hire on new employees at the going rate, say $11 an hour, while teachers who had been with the company in the same school for 10 years were still making less than $10 an hour.
Pros
Child care discount
Cons
"Benefits package" is far from affordable in comparison to pay
Run
Teacher (Former Employee) –  someplace,WaAugust 20, 2015
I would Ike to say nice things but I really can't. I will start with pros. It's a job,some of employees are cool. That's it.
Cons are a lot. Bad pay, company doesn't give center enough money for classrooms so if you want stuff have to use own money, they ask to much of employees and you don't get paid to match the amount of work they expect from you. They (management) won't support you if stuff goes wrong, you have to continually cover yourself. Be prepared to always be understaffed and have children bumped up or down. Last but not least , you will be pushed to your limits more then three times a week by the understaff center( people off or call out ). If you value a nice job where you will be valued this isn't it.

Here is your warning.
You will always feel like Dorothy from "The Wizard of OZ".... there is no place like homeπŸ‘  πŸ˜’
After Care Teacher/ Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cordova,TNJuly 28, 2015
Its like going to a free Circus.... Be prepared to not only do your job but the job of others who just want to sit around in the office and gossip all day. Tuition is over priced for something you could have taught your child at home for free PLEASE BELIEVE ME. Under supplied classrooms but very healthy management. Walk in the office to make a copy they look at you like its a sin. Management is always going out to eat together on their lunches expect the finest for them, however when it comes to the employee dinners expect the cafateria's best πŸ‚ πŸ’© ... we eat what the children eat. Requesting a day off is like winning the lottery... your best bet is to request it a year in advance. There has been a lot of child abuse in this place "A LOT" if you report anything be prepared to seek employment else were because you will become the target. Managment has their favorites. When new potiential students or some one from headquarters are coming every staff member is alerted to basically put on the best show. This place has a lot of secrets and keeps a lot covered up that otherwise would have made the news and had them shut down.
Pros
Putting on your red slippers and clocking out for the day
Cons
Pay, horrible management, never any organization, good luck requesting time off
Fun place to work! Everyone is treated like family
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 22, 2015
Working for The Phoenix Schools has been the most rewarding job I have ever had! I can honestly say I look forward to Monday mornings because I work in such a bright and happy place. I love all of my coworkers and students! The most enjoyable part of my job is watching students grow and learn, and all of the love and hugs we share together!
Pros
Hour lunch break, Playing outside with children 3 times a day, Designing your own curriculum
Cons
Low pay
Very fun to work here
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  forney, txJune 2, 2015
Excellent place to trust your children at. The people are all on their game, they are dedicated to the educational advancement and the security of the children of whom they are entrusted with. Full time is available.
Pros
great enviorment and people
Cons
long work day
Great place to work, but flawed
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 23, 2015
Within the short time I spent at PCA, I enjoyed it. The employees care about the kids and the management did their best. It wasn't, however, perfect in any sense of the word. The mood of the building revolved around the Director, Darling and how she felt that day. She could create a very tense work environment and explode over insignificant details while big issues were continuously pushed aside. This was a major complaint from my coworkers as well as parents.
Pros
Great sense of community, strong parent involvement
Cons
shakey communication, moody director, weak disciplinary action toward students.
look elsewhere for childcare employment
teacher (Former Employee) –  ChesterfieldMay 1, 2015
There is a reason why this particular childcare center always has adds on indeed. THEY CANNOT KEEP HELP! I have over a decade of experience in childcare. I worked at a few childcare centers, and had my own successful state licensed daycare in the twenty years of working with children. This place however, is a joke. Bathroom breaks forget about it, management and staff becoming a team forget about it. Their were days that I would not see management at all, not to mention going 8 hours or so no bathroom break. I have only been working at this place for 2 months and their have been over a dozen people either fired or quit. Mostly quit. The New director is a piece of work. She doesn't care about the teachers at all, or the children. She only cares about kissing the upper managements behind,and making sure parents are happy even if that means a teacher gets fired if a parent doesnt like how they look, talk. Etc. Other teachers love to throw new employees under the bus just to make themselves look better. Their is no team. You feel like your in prison 10 plus hours a day. I have worked at daycares in the past that had their you know what together, this place is a joke. The highest you can get paid is 11 and the lowest is 9.00 not worth all of the in house fighting, and sneaking around

fighting. I would suggest going to another facility for childcare.work.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
everything else
Decent benefits in corporate office
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2015
Overall nice work environment. Unclear management objectives. Upper management has its own agenda. Not supported in your position for success.
Pros
Child care benefits, decent pay
Cons
Everything else, mostly weak upper management
poor management, attitudes, worth ethic, and staff
teacher (Former Employee) –  dupont, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Extremely poor place to work. The management/directors have zero leadership skills and have bad attitudes. The staff too have extremely poor attitudes and go back and forth into all the class rooms not only to talk smack about each other but to talk smack about the directors/management as well. This is definitely not a place or atmosphere that I would ever want my children to be in either. Think twice before ever even applying. The pay is also not worth dealing with everyone's drama.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
awful pay, poor management, attitude problems, no team work, drama
Loved working with children
assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2014
Encouraged and motivated children by making learning fun. I enjoyed working closely with co-workers on lesson plans and children's programs. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children grow throughout the year.
Pros
school functions for the children and parents
Cons
salary
Lead Teacher
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2014
Working for PCA had it's ups and downs like any other job. I loved my co-teachers and kids, but some of the "floaters" were lazy and not helpful at all. Fortunately, management at the time was ok and tried to fulfill the needs of most of the employees there. Corporate visitors were constantly checking in and offered a lot of advice/training to teachers who needed it. I'm not sure if that's how it is now.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
a lot of lazy employees/flakes
Envornment
Lead Teacher - Toddlers (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2014
I truly have a passion for working with people. I enjoy helping others to the best of my abality. A day at work can invole managing a team, keeping attendance and completing weekly payroll. I manage to be a great problem solver. My co-workers are awesome individuals whom all have different personalities that team very well together.The hardiest part of my job can somtimes be multitasking over three things at a time, although with time I have gotten use to it. The thing I love most about my job is getting to greet and help people on a everyday basis.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
can sometimes have long days
Outside is beautiful...
Real person (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Inside is too unreal for my taste. Wish it could have been better.
Challenging as well as rewarding
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasSeptember 23, 2014
Everyday was new at Phoenix Children's Academy. When I started at this school, it was in a complete disarray. The school only had 6 staff members hired out of 13 that were needed. The rest were workers from a substitute agency that cost the school an outrageous amount of money. I worked on Hiring new teachers as well as training the current ones on curriculum to raise the quality of the school. I made it my personal responsibility to increase communication between parents and the school as well as planned activities and community connections to get everyone involved and to spread the word that the school was under new management and that the school has greatly improved. There is still a long way to go but I am proud to say that I have had a large hand in getting this school in the right direction.
terrible pay...terrible directors
teacher (Current Employee) –  Charleston SCSeptember 20, 2014
Terrible place to work the director lies and shows favortism.Pay sucks for all the stuff you have to put up with
Pros
the kids
Cons
low pay.. terrible management... teachers never stay which i don't blame them
Poor businessman ship
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 30, 2014
This company is a joke. Everybody is disposable here. And they take whatever needs necessary. Even if that means lying to cover their own behinds but get rid of you at the same time. Nobody fights for anybody over there. They don't fight for the staff and they definitely don't fight for the families who are pulling their kids because of the lack of consistency or because of a very rude and fake director. This company is very sneaky and nobody should trust them let alone leave their kids at a place where nobody cares about them but the teachers who are unfortunately still there.

2.7