Phoenix Children's Hospital

Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Radiology
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2016
If you work in radiology expect to have no life. You are always working and staying pass your shift and always on call. Management doesn't care if you get burnt out. Coworkers are rude and never happy because they are always working.
Fun, exciting place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2016
A great environment that is challenging and fast-paced. Great co-workers and staff. PCH has taught me much about myself as well as helped to enhance my skills as a nurse.
Research Lab
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
Amazing innovators and leaders. Always able to approach for help and assist with any questions. The environment was professional but still had that fun atmosphere.
Poor management
Behavioral Health Technician- on call (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
The pay is great yet lacks professionalism and job security. Issues with staffing, is always an issue. Poor moral and lack of team work, favoritism is ramped, throughout the hospital
Pros
Benifits
Cons
lack of professional management
Exciting career
RN PICU (Former Employee) –  PICUJuly 18, 2016
The PICU was great and ever changing. The were some inconsistencies with instruction and it takes a very strong-willed and adaptable person to make it. I would highly recommend this position for people who care, know a lot, and are willing to change what they know in response to given situations.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Unhappy coworkers
Busy, educational, and enjoyable place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
A typical work day is very busy, but very rewarding. Lots of things to learn daily. Pharmacy is always changing. Management is good and the director is a great leader with a vision. The hardest part of the job is lots and lots of walking. Some days you can average 11 miles. Co-workers are great people to work with. Technicians are very hard workers and team work is good. I love the laid back atmosphere.
Pros
Help with education costs.
Cons
Exhausting, walk too much.
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2016
Nice place to work; compensation I would say is above a lot of other places. Not enough work though at this particular point, some positions could be combined. Nice people. Flexible hours in some areas of hospital. Relaxed dress code. Seem to care about employees.
ok
Sr. Patient Access Rep - ADM (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2016
Employees with years of experience are not considerate for promotions. No to much room for professional growth. No internships available
Productive, fun workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  phoenix, azMay 12, 2016
I enjoy staying busy and having a deadline. I'm hardworking and get work great both individually and as a team. The hardest part is always learning something new but I am always eager to master a task, and never do things half fast.
Awesome place to work and sorry I had to relocate.
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2016
Very busy day every day with phones, scheduling, trouble-shooting, assisting my doctors with their schedules and keeping them flowing. Absolutely loved my team of doctors. Left in 1997 and still stay in touch with them. Pediatricians are the best! PCH in general is full of incredibly dedicated people with integrity, honesty and compassion. I joined PCH in 1986 when it "borrowed" space for its inpatients and had only 1 building to serve as their clinic. Today, it is one of the top 5 children's hospital in the nation (#1 in my book). I last visited in 2012 and toured their free-standing facilities and was blown away.
Pros
Everything about it.
Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2016
I verified eligibility and insurances for the emergency room with registration. Obtained legal documents from parents for treatment for their children.
Patient Acess Rep
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2016
An amazing company, they are 100% for the children. The patient care is amazing. If it wasn't for a job transfer my husband got I would grow as much as i could with this company.
ED- staff RN
ED Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2016
As a staff RN, I worked a variety of shifts. I worked in several different areas in the ED from Fast Track to Trauma Rooms. I provided care to all ages up to 21 years old.
co workers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
Working at Phoenix Childrens Hospital has been a joy, especially because of my FANTASTIC co workers. I have the fortune of working in area where there is great camaraderie. This is my main reasons for hanging around.
Stuck
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2016
Management is selfish. I have never worked for a company that was so anti-employees. They truly do care for the patients which obviously is important. We stay because we all love children and we love saying we work at Phoenix Children's Hospital, the place is colorful and truly beautiful; but they overwork you overwhelm you while Management and HR etc could care less about you. Hard work is compensated with the expectancy of MORE hard work. There is absolutely no room for advancement experience means absolutely nothing for them. People with 10+ years get dumped on as far as schedules go, seniority means nothing. Someone with years on gets overlooked by someone with a degree for promotions. Loyalty and "family" are foreign terms here everyone is dispensable or treated like a place holder.
Good job with great benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Fast pace, multi- provider practice
Great team of Physicians
Over- staff so staff has to float to different departments
Enjoyed learning about the skin and all the different conditions
Cons
long drive
Great educational Hospital
Currently in my Pediatric Externship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Phoenix Children's Hospital is a very friendly and educational place. I have learned a lot and have a great foothold on my job. I recommend Phoenix childrens hospital .
My pch
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
The day may vary in how the shift starts it could be busy or it could be slow i work nights for the last 3 years. manger was/is good. love my co-workers and good team work with the nurses. hardest part is seeing the little kids hurt of sick and dying. seeing the patient going home and feeling better
Pros
Team work with great nurse's on the 8th floor
Cons
I am maxed out in pay range after 14yrs.
Effective work flow and great work environment!
Health Unit Coordinator for PICU (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2016
I LOVE MY JOB!! I love everything about this establishment. They have great management and work flow. Very well organized and great positive vibes everywhere you go.
Pros
environment, management, benefits.
Cons
Salary
Helping keep children healthy
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2015
Learned how to manage personal relationships. Expanded personal knowledge of healthcare field and vocabulary. Welcomed new employees and introduced to work culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Phoenix Children's Hospital Reviews by Location