Phoenix Children's Hospital

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2014
Customer Service - Time management - Medical Terminology
- Medicare A,B & D - Conflict Resolution - Professional Etiquette
- Patient relations - Customer Service - Microsoft Office

are all very important there
Great hospital, not great management
Pediatric Liver Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee), phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2014
New program, not getting much management support. Recruited to AZ from NYC to star new liver transplant program. On call 28 days per month
Productive Workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2014
Pros: fast pace, bonding with children
Cons: management needs improving
Overall expirence was great but management needed to be improve.
place was great to work at for the experience and the children
Staff nurse, CVICU (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: the children, babies unbelievable brave souls
Cons: staff young think they can conquer the world, scary, new grads
otherwise the staff, leave much to be desired.
Management doesnt look at the whole picture, only listens to the staff a lot of little "clicks" in that place, not good to have in a work environment, however what do you expect when you have kids working with kids.
Working at PCH
Equipment Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: anniversaries, free lunch for events (supply chain appreication week)
Working at Phoenix Children's Hospital has been a great learning experience. Everyday, I learned something new.
Management in our department treat their employees with respect. I always enjoy going to work knowing that my skills will be applied and that I will do the best I can to help our patients.
Rewarding and Continuous Learning Experience
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2014
 Provides administrative support to the radiologist and coordinates and organizes office work flow and communications with physician offices, including phone management, e-mail correspondence, chart maintenance to provide optimum efficiency and patient care.
 Assists physicians, radiologists, and others with hospital related inquiries/concerns; refers – more... to appropriate resource or authority, as necessary.
 Manages patient charts. Sorts and confirms all information is correct and all necessary paperwork is in the chart. Prints and re-labels charts for rescheduled patients and files them for new appointment date. Notes and deletes no-show appointments and breaks down corresponding charts.
 Prints off modality schedules and ensures all charts are accounted for. Delivers charts for next-day appointments to the modalities and obtains sign offs. Sends charts to radiologists to be protocolled. – less
wonderful childrens hospital
Interventional Radiology Lead RN (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2014
fast paced. high acuity. Learned about numerous procedures as well as care of critically ill patients. Was a fun work environment with a close knit group of people. Hardest part was working with extremely ill kids and not having positive outcomes. Loved every other aspect.
Loved working here
Medical Laboratory Scientist II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great work, great co-workers, great managers
Cons: downtown location makes for a bad commute
Usually a good size patient load. Can vary though. The work is incredibly rewarding. It is challenging without being overwhelming. You learn so much working here. The supervisors and management are the best!
Horrible Management
Cash apps specialist (Former Employee), AdministrativeAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benefits started day 1
Cons: management
Horrible management in their financial department. The payment posting manager is a bully and cannot be wrong. She would belittle me in front of my peers to the point where they would notice and come to my aid after she was done publicly humiliated. For example: We worked overtime and was told we were going home at 4. So around 3 she asked everyone – more... if they wanted to leave. Well, I had paperwork to finish since we were technically working til 4. So she finds out that I am not done with my work yet and she yells at the top of her lungs "No one is going home til (my name here) gets her work done." I was humiliated and one of my peers came to my side and helped me get my papers done so we could go home.
The place is a joke to work for, but great to be a patient at. DO NOT WORK FOR THE CASH APPS TEAM. BEWARE!!!! – less
Great place to work, good benefits, job security
Customer Service Front Desk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly coworkers
Cons: short staffed
Typically i open the clinic once logged it and ready to greet and check in patients. I had experience in mulitple position within the company and was able to assist or fill-in were needed. We were at times short staffed and office is face paced the mgmt. tried to make adjustments as needed. I made friends and worked with wonderful friendly people.
nursing school
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
In clinical rotations I got to put into practice all of the skills that were demonstrated in nursing school. This is were my foundation was built upon and I actually started growing a solid knowledge base for nursing.
Excellent company and wonderful workplace
Emergency Medical Tech/Pathology Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2014
This is a magnificent hospital that strives for excellence. The provide awesome care with some of the most talented personnel available. Great place to work and strive to further your career
Fun place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: nurses on their phones, ignoring patients
Everyone I worked with was great.
Everyone helped out, laughed, had a good time.
Always put the kids first.
Management was just getting reorganized....did good from what I could see.
Awful Management
Phoenix Children's Hospital (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2014
Doctors are wonderful, administration and management need help in many areas.
TERRIBLE place to work, great patient care
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2014
Pros: competitive pay and benefits
Cons: micro-managing, religious discrimination, retaliation, violate civil rights, bullies, ignore employees
The overall employee experience at PCH is an exhausting and traumatic one. Their focus on patient care leaves no room for focus on employee satisfaction and their turn-over and Employee Opinion Survey are testaments to that. The focus is on patient care because that's where the MONEY is and MONEY is what feeds the beast, ethics and conduct being the – more... sacrifices. The culture is one that does NOT support growth, mentorship OR the employees satisfaction and well-being. PCH is a bully and their Human Resources dept should NOT be mistaken to be one that supports nor protects the employee as they are merely a filtering tool for the Corporation. I had to retain a lawyer to protect my Civil Rights and then continued to be retaliated against even after. The only perks were benefits and pay, both of which continued to decline during my years of service there. DON'T DO IT!!!! And if you do, know EVERY policy, know YOUR FEDERAL AND CIVIL RIGHTS and know that if you stand up for yourself, you will wear a target on your back and they will make you miserable!

*these opinions are personal and not made on behalf of PCH, they are protected by my 1st Amendment rights, are based on my personal experiences and align with the media policy set forth in PCH policies when reviewed during employment* – less
Purchasing Dept Terrible
Buyer (Former Employee), Phoenix AzApril 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything except pay
Typical day was spent pulling the knives from your back. Management favors a few. Management ignores problems, Egos so huge it is a surprise they have their feet on the ground.
A nice place to work
Refund Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of working for a great company with lots of nice people. Management was easy to communicate with.
The hardest part of my job was hearing about all the ill children that were in the hospital. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was making it a little easier for the parents of those children.
One of the best hospitals I have ever worked for.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2014
Pros: treated well, pay is better than most valley hospitals, work environment is cohesive, productive and rewarding
Cons: parking
I really enjoy my job, my coworkers, and the service that we provide for children. Management is supportive and approachable, they allow you the freedom to work independently and don't micromanage you, yet they are around to help you with your needs or questions.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2014
Phoenix Children's Hospital is a great place to work. I have learned much about the unique challenges that come with treating and caring for children. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is focused on doing what is best for our kids.
Outstanding workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2014
I was a volunteer at Phoenix Children's Hospital for about 4 months and it was one of the best experiences I had. Everyone in this hospital is so nice and helpful, I couldn't have asked for a better Supervisor or co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my volunteer experience was meeting all kinds of people and being able to help people the best I could. – more... I can honestly say there was not one bad day I had during my time at this hospital. – less

1 2 3

About Phoenix Children's Hospital

Phoenix Children’s Hospital is the second largest children’s hospital in the US. With over 70 sub-specialties, it – Read more