Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2017
Overall right place to work. Many silos, but getting better. If you are in the right dept or know the right people, you have it made. 100% for the children is the motto
Pros
the kids
Cons
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I love the people I work with. they make each night great even when they aren't really. my manager is an amazing woman and I couldnt be more thankful for her. great place overall to work, except pay :x
best place ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
the difference I was not getting paid for when I left here... if only I had known that the grass and the money is not always greener. Helping children is so fulfilling and the environment is so healing and it was amazing to be a part of it
new directors being hired - no good
PCMG Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
The company itself is a great place and do great things for the children. However the new directors they are hiring are cut throat and do not care about the employees.
Cons
new management
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 17, 2017
Phoenix Childrens Hospital is always expanding and pushing to be a better hospital. Competitive wages and benefit packages. The hospital can be very fast paced and stressful but rewarding.
Volunteer for the organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 14, 2017
I occasionally volunteer for the Phoenix Children's Hospital organizations when they are near my area. The organization happened to be held at the Walmart my step mother works at.
Pros
Provided me with food and drinks
Cons
On your feet
Great Place to work!
RN & Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
The employees are very team-oriented and welcoming. Safety is always put first and the patients are taken care of as if they are their own. Management is approachable and open to ideas for change. This ever-changing hospital provides an environment for open minded staff to excel and help advance healthcare.
Pros
great cafeteria, respectable work culture
Cons
sometimes hard to take breaks, pay could be better
I enjoy the work and the people I work with. The policies, changes, lack of compensation, training, and guideline organization make it a poor place.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2017
This lab hasn't properly updated it's operations since the hospital only had 50 beds. The organization and oversight is misguided at best. They set up a system when the hospital had 50 beds and have only slightly increased staff and haven't properly adjusted or upgraded their systems in any meaningful way.
Pros
Lot of small pick-me-up situations such as snacks and kudos.
Cons
Small appreciations don't make up for all the extra work and lack of decent pay or benefits.
fun, family oriented workplace.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Busy, fun, learning environment. Love the many family I was involved with. Everyday i learned new skills and was able to add to my skills and define them more.
Pros
healthy lunch choices
Cons
short breaks or sometimes slow
excellent place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2017
The managers divided work fairly
Appreciative of their staff
Gave great KUDOS
Very communicative
Open door policy
they cared for their employees
Pros
free snack, lunches
Cons
short breaks
Phoenix Childrens Hospital is an amazing place to work.
Orthopedic Trauma Acute Care RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2017
Phoenix Children's Hospital is amazing when it comes to patient care and taking care of employees. Excellent benefits and fair pay. Great support. Balanced patient ratios.
Great Place - Just keep your nose clean
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2017
Great job, great mission. Once a concern was raised against a supervisor there was retaliation by the supervisor and an executive. The executive was a personal friend of the department supervisor.
great position
medical laboratory scientist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2017
PCH was a great place to work. It was all about the Kids. Very rewarding. In working there you actually felt that you were a part of the team. At the end of the day you felt that you made a difference.
Awesome
Radiographic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2017
I haven't worked here in quite a few years and they have grown by leaps and bounds since I worked here. If it's still the same it was an awesome work environment.
Great place to work at, but can be a slow paced job.
EEG Monitor technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2017
This is a great place to work everyone is very friendly and management is amazing. I have no negative things to say about Phoenix Children's Hospital it is simply amazing!
Fast paced work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
Children's hospital is a product to be sold. New paint, flat screen televisions, and advertising are more important to the people running this place than employee satisfaction. I overheard the CEO of this place say "why are these nurses complaining so much ? I don't see them working very hard"
Pros
good, hardworking, & devoted staff members
Cons
management & CEOs don't care about employees
Student Nurse
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2017
I had my clinical rotations at PCH, and found the staff to be very receptive to students. It seems as though they have strong support from management. I would love to have the opportunity to work at PCH.
Political.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
Simply put, when the CEO only has a Bachelors degree but insists that everyone else has higher, that's a problem. When the CEO states in the cafeteria that "a nurse is a nurse", that's a problem. Very political. Patients get great care but the healthcare providers work crazy hard to achieve that. Look at the turn over and expience level of providers.
Pros
Working with kids!
Cons
Political, lower end salary
Grate work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
It was a wonderfull place to work overall. I worked in the department with occupational health and didnt have too much work coming my way other then drug screenings and blood draws.
Pros
good lunches and getting off early.
Cons
lots of down time. not enough work.
Very difficult setting to work in, it impacted my health both physically and mentally.
Credentials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016July 1, 2017
Unfortunately I was in an extremely unprofessional office where bad behavior was rewarded over anyone who was on the opposite side from the bullying mentality in my office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Phoenix Children's Hospital Reviews by Location