Phoenix Children's Hospital

Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

co workers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 4, 2016
Working at Phoenix Childrens Hospital has been a joy, especially because of my FANTASTIC co workers. I have the fortune of working in area where there is great camaraderie. This is my main reasons for hanging around.
Stuck
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2016
Management is selfish. I have never worked for a company that was so anti-employees. They truly do care for the patients which obviously is important. We stay because we all love children and we love saying we work at Phoenix Children's Hospital, the place is colorful and truly beautiful; but they overwork you overwhelm you while Management and HR etc could care less about you. Hard work is compensated with the expectancy of MORE hard work. There is absolutely no room for advancement experience means absolutely nothing for them. People with 10+ years get dumped on as far as schedules go, seniority means nothing. Someone with years on gets overlooked by someone with a degree for promotions. Loyalty and "family" are foreign terms here everyone is dispensable or treated like a place holder.
Good job with great benefits
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Fast pace, multi- provider practice
Great team of Physicians
Over- staff so staff has to float to different departments
Enjoyed learning about the skin and all the different conditions
Cons
long drive
Great educational Hospital
Currently in my Pediatric Externship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Phoenix Children's Hospital is a very friendly and educational place. I have learned a lot and have a great foothold on my job. I recommend Phoenix childrens hospital .
My pch
HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2016
The day may vary in how the shift starts it could be busy or it could be slow i work nights for the last 3 years. manger was/is good. love my co-workers and good team work with the nurses. hardest part is seeing the little kids hurt of sick and dying. seeing the patient going home and feeling better
Pros
Team work with great nurse's on the 8th floor
Cons
I am maxed out in pay range after 14yrs.
Effective work flow and great work environment!
Health Unit Coordinator for PICU (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2016
I LOVE MY JOB!! I love everything about this establishment. They have great management and work flow. Very well organized and great positive vibes everywhere you go.
Pros
environment, management, benefits.
Cons
Salary
Helping keep children healthy
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2015
Learned how to manage personal relationships. Expanded personal knowledge of healthcare field and vocabulary. Welcomed new employees and introduced to work culture.
Professional culture with passionate staff
Traveler, RN, PICU (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2015
The nurses and physicians at PCH were the most professional and highly educated group that I have worked with in my career as a nurse. It is with a heavy heart that I have to leave this group, but the hours and having to work night shift have led me to seek something that has a better work/life balance.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Having to work night shift and 12hr shifts
Phoenix Children's Hospital is a wonderful place of employment and offers opportunity for career advancement.
Trauma Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2015
Phoenix Children's Hospital is a rewarding place of employment. They support personal growth and development as well as provide rewards for outstanding performance. The most enjoyable part of my job was working closely with my colleagues, providing support to community professionals and children.
Great workplace terrible management
O&M Generalist IV (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2015
PCH is an awesome place to work. The kids and co workers make this an enjoyable place to work. Lunch is great and fairly cheap. The customers are easy to work with. However, the management is bad and there really is no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Workplace
Awesome place to work.
ES Manager level II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2015
Working at Phoenix Childrens Hospital is an awesome experience, you can see and feel how all the employees at this hospital have one mission and that is to take care of their little patients, the building is beautiful.
Pros
Everyone is there to help
Cons
None yet.
RN Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (inpatient) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 27, 2015
As previously mentioned, great place to work. Patient centered, dedicated to the pediatric population, puts family and patients first. Provides exceptional care with high quality colleagues and great management.
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
This is a great place to work as it is all family centered. The new heart center is unbeatable, providers are very dedicated to their patients here. Dislikes would be one can only advance within this organization if you know someone, it is very political and they do alot of outside hiring when they have employees within who want to advance.
Pros
Great place for childrens
Cons
no room for advancement unless you know someone
Productive, fast paced, Caring Doctors and Assisitants
Volunteer Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2015
Comfortable Atmosphere. Fast paced. Doctors always gave their full attention to each patient. They made each patient feel safe and important. Knowing that the children get the medical attention they needed to be healthy was an enjoyable part of the job.
Working Nights
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2015
Worked nights, which was rough. Health Unit Coordinators kind of go unnoticed on how much work they do, though staff is decent and helpful. We prepared patient charts, answered phone calls and flow of people visiting patients, stocked stations, answered call lights, handled transfers/admits/discharges of patients, managed medical records, etc.
Pros
working with children, nice hospital
Cons
short breaks, no day shifts available, scheduling time off was difficult if you had no PTO
health unit coordinators
Health Unit Coordinator /PCT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2015
Health unit clerks, also known as health unit coordinators and floor clerks, collaborate with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare workers within a secretarial or general office function at a hospital, nursing home, or other medical facility. They answer phones, order supplies, and transcribe orders given by physicians. Health unit clerks handle the majority of a patient's paperwork, such as discharge, admission, and personal information forms. They must possess strong communication skills, including verbal and written, as well as be able to effectively multi-task. Office skills, such as organizing, filing, and scheduling, are also typically required.

Job duties of a health unit clerk may include using a computer to document physician orders, preparing patient treatment charts, updating patient information, and scheduling appointments. They work under the supervision of physicians and nurses, taking direction and accommodating clerical needs. Students must have an understanding of basic nursing procedures, as well as background knowledge in pharmacology. Patient confidentiality is emphasized and health unit clerks must abide by these standards.
A wonderful place to work.
Sterile Processing Materials Tech (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2015
To come in an start pulling surgical instrument and soft good materials for surgery cases for the next day and do add on's for emergency case that come into the hospital.
A productive and fun envioronment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed volunteering at Phoenix Children's Hospital as well as making the children happy. Every time I stepped into a child's room and they new I was a volunteer they smiled. The kids who would stay at the hospital alone because their parents would be working were the ones who enjoyed the company.
Fun place to work with great people/attitudes
Registered Nurse, Bio-Behavioral, PRN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2015
People here enjoy their jobs and it shows. The staffing ratios are really good compared to other places I have worked. This hospital is well respected and I feel proud to tell others that I work here.
Wonderful Children's Providers
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
Good place to work. Professional and stable place to work. Breakfast with Bob, the CEO, was always nice. Good communication with employees.
Benefits
Cons
Unfornate situations for chilren that are ill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Phoenix Children's Hospital Reviews by Location