Bad Debt Collections Representative - Bilingual Required (Spanish/English)
Phoenix Health Care Management Services, Inc. – Atlanta, GA
1. Collect and resolve assigned bad debt accounts via outbound and inbound telephone calls.
2. In accordance with applicable regulations, appropriately verify all debtor information during collection call in order to minimize incorrect phone number and addresses and aid in prompt collection activities.
3. Through firm but professional “talk-off” and in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements, ask for payment and resolution of each account as appropriate.
4. Actively listen to debtor to determine if additional assistance should and can be provided and to minimize debtor complaints and aid in effective account resolution.
5. For each collection contact or activity, thoroughly and accurately document account in accordance with company policy.
6. Meet or exceed established monthly collection and quality assurance goals and maintain establish call volumes on a daily basis.
7. Work assigned files effectively and efficiently in accordance with all policies and regulations to maintain production and customer service standards.
8. Report problems experienced to supervisor as appropriate and escalate calls to the supervisory level in accordance with established guidelines.
Spanish/English - Bilingual required
Requires professional knowledge of the principles of credit, collections and customer service typically acquired through at least one year of on-the-job experience in a collections environment. Requires knowledge of medical accounts receivable and collections. Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully by telephone and in a written fashion to clearly document account activity. Ability to be assertive in the collection process and maintain a respectful demeanor with debtors. Requires working knowledge of personal computers and automated dialer systems. Knowledge of all related regulations including but not limited to FDCPA and HIPAA. Requires ability to stay focused on collections while providing assistance to other collectors.
*We are a drug free work place
*We are an equal opportunity employer