Phoenix Home Care and Hospice Employee Reviews

World Class Management
RN (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 7, 2017
Great management, very knowledgeable makes my job (RN) easier with great support. I am blessed to work with such a knowledge compassionate leader..... but then I'd go hundred miles for a job I consider worthy...
Pros
.no micro management is the best part for me.
Cons
distance travel, home health fact of life.
Fake mission
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2017
Its the first nursing agency I've ever had to actually go to the office more than once a year. They go through useless training, that is quick paced and disorganized. The put on a big front on how its a close personal environment. If you don't take assignments they drop your employment regardless if the driving distance is completely unreasonable. You have no clue who may return calls and or emails making it hard to keep up on communication. The only thing I liked was the ability to pick up shifts on short notice so, you don't get stuck in one home day in and day out. They do have routine assignments if that's your thing.
Pros
Always an job
Cons
Lack of caring for employees and communication
Lack of communication
LPN, Home Health-Springfield (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2017
Could use extra attention to communication. Census low at time, and no predictable income. Unfavorable benefits package. No assignments until day of work. Some very good professionals.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 21, 2017
Wonderful place to work with great caring management. Always willing to help and train as needed. Open door policy that is definitely needed in this environment. Caring team that works well together to ensure that patients are well taken care of
Pros
Great teamwork
I followed the leaders
Case Manager Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 21, 2017
The management at the Loveland CO company is supportive with many aspects of life changes. They support their peers, make persons feel welcomed and involved in the care for their patients. They have 24 hour support with concerns and questions and will back their clinicians 110% with validation of concerns. You are looked and valued as a team member not an inferior. They realize we all work as a team to support the patients well being, safety security with a collaborative care approach.
Pros
would consider going back if the time was right
Cons
at times short notice to review new patients has at one time been a problem
Not enough hours
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 16, 2017
Its okay to work here if you're not needing more then 25 hours a week. They expect you to never have any emergencies come up. They change management and never let you know who your working for.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Promised healthcare you don't receive, Management a bit lousy.
August 21, 2017

We appreciate you reaching out and thank you for your inquiry. We do not take your feedback lightly and will be looking into this situation. Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 with any concerns or further information. Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

Management dishonest
RN (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 10, 2017
This company tries to sell you on their positive "culture" when the reality is they will be positive to the money makers. They don't value their employees nearly as much as they "sell" in their hire process and orientation. Be careful...plenty of dishonest management.
Filled with back stabbing hypocrites
CDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2017
CEO was booted from previous company for violating contract, he waited five years then went to work destroying that company by hiring key people from there .
August 21, 2017

We appreciate you reaching out and thank you for your inquiry. We do not take your feedback lightly. Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 with any concerns or further information. Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

What a freaking mess!
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 20, 2017
On the first part of this is the field work and information! Little to no information, you have no idea 9 times out of 10 what your are stepping in to. Yes it gives you a list of your duties, but there are many times you step in to a situation that is impossible to meet company guidelines, such as lifting. Thank God that I had previous medical training. There is little training on how to care for a patients needs. You basically have two days and then bam out in the field with clients. In home is just as bad or worse as Private pay. Facilities that they contract to are experiencing the same issues. Poorly trained aides, lack of concern for the employees, broken promises, over worked staff with little time for their families and very poor compensation for the responsibility held. On top of being a nurse or aide for the company you are suppose to "sell them". They want more Patient care referred to nurses, Physical therapy, ect... How do we sell a company that can't provide the correct information on something as simple as a face sheet or even offer basic training. It's not like these issues have not been addressed by supervisors. In videos they show when you are hired with the company they speak of how and why the company is started. The owner himself reflects an open door policy, but when it is requested to speak with the owner the office staff and supervisors make it very difficult to speak to him. and also when asked why you can't, they throw out words like protocol and make statements saying that he would be upset if we didn't go through channels before we talk to him. So  more... my question is why would you want to work for and be a client of a company that has quite frankly gotten to big to fast and didn't bother with the small details.  less
Pros
Relationships you build with the clients
Cons
Phoenix as a whole

Great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 29, 2017
Loved working for this company! Had to leave for personal reasons but trying to get back in the crew in the office instead of the field!! So excited!!!
Pros
Great support
Cons
Losing clients
Easy Job if your a private care attendant
Private Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 16, 2017
As long as you wotk for the right client the job is actually pretty simple. you get to make your own hours as well as still have a life and be able to be there for your kids and family.
August 21, 2017

We appreciate you reaching out and thank you for your feedback. Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 at any time! Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

Pretty consistent hours if you're willing to work but management can be pushy
PERSONAL CARE AIDE (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 15, 2017
Once you show that you're willing and able to work, the hours are pretty good, but management tends to be pretty pushy if they need you to work and you say no. There is room for advancement if you're at your job and yearly raises. Health care is pretty expensive and some of the clients aren't the nicest.
Pros
Holiday parties in the office and food in the kitchen
Cons
Few days off and trouble getting time off.
August 21, 2017

We appreciate you reaching out and thank you for your feedback. We do not take your feedback lightly and will be looking into this situation. Feel free to reach out to us at 855-881-7442 with any concerns or further information. Our mission is to offer New Beginnings and meaningful opportunities to caregivers and clinicians while providing home care services to our clients built on innovation, skill, and Christ-like values of compassion, honesty, and patience.

Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 15, 2017
I don't have any issues with this place expect maybe paying their caregivers better. It took years for us to get a raise and we never got yearly raises but last I heard they were getting them. Good place to get experience. But when you first start out its hard to get any hours.
Pros
Offer benefits good if use for yourself sorta set your schedule
Cons
Never know if you will have hours
August 21, 2017

Sometimes we are not informed of new expectations in a timely manner.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJune 12, 2017
I was not trained hardly at all and had to figure practically everything out on my own. The health insurance plans are outrageously expensive. The coverage isn't that good either.
Pros
Flexible hours with flexible clients
Cons
Can't leave the home on breaks.

Allows for multiple opportunities
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 6, 2017
Great company to work for.Company allows for multiple opportunities as far as expansion, benefits, and even companionship/friendship. They allow you to work at your own pace by creating your own scedule which makes them a very flexible company.

Case manager job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 5, 2017
A terrible job for nurses. Case managers are expected to do 50-60 hours of work every week yet they are on "salary". You get paid for 40 hours of work and overtime pay is "not allowed". The patients were the best part. The management of Phoenix is the worst part of the job. The managers hang out and gossip, sell Pampered Chef and talk on the phone. When you need something, they are too busy "doing their job" to help you.
Pros
nice clientele
Cons
forced overtime

Fun working environment
Healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 4, 2017
Nice company to work for. The staff are very helpful. It seemed as if one was working with family. I would choose Phoenix for my loved one if I needed to.
Lashauna Gordon
Pros
Teamwork
June 1, 2017

Thank you for your review Lashauna! Your feedback is appreciated.

Challenging but employees always feel cared for.
Building Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling, KSApril 20, 2017
Phoenix is incredible. It is a hard field to work in but management is always there and will drop everything if one of the employees needs something. Even if it is just bringing us lunch at one of the patient's homes or just checking in us to make sure that everything is going okay.
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2017
When I worked for them, there was some issues. With the patients I was caring for. Instead of having your backs and sticking behind you they leave you hanging.
June 1, 2017

Fun and easy
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Alamo, TXApril 7, 2017
A great job for anyone looking to work one on one with patients. Is a good opportunity to gain more experience if needed. Only downside is at times paychecks are not readily available but the issues is handled right away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Home Care and Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.