Phoenix House Employee Reviews

Sad place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2017
When I was there (2011-14), senior management only cared about themselves and did not offer any assistance to staff or mid-level managers. A child died when I worked there due to lack of concern regarding bullying. Line staff cared, therapists cared but management refused to act. HORRID!!!!
Pros
OK pay for management
Cons
Resident neglect, poor staff retention
Typical day at work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Working for this company was enjoyable. I enjoyed working with the youth and teaching life skills. This job offers advancement and is a great place to work. Love this place.
Had a great Manager and group of Employees to work with.
Account Receivables Analylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2017
We had productive meetings. We would sometimes have lunch brought in to the Conference Room and have discussions and how to make improvements to make it even better.
Pros
Had lunches brought in for special occassions.
Cons
we took needed breaks when we could, there was no set time.
It was a long time ago
Care Coordinator for the RI Juvenile Drug Court (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 5, 2017
I only worked on one contact, and do not have an overall opinion of the larger agency. I can not provide adequate feedback. I am required to have 150 characters.
look away
Marriage Family Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 1, 2017
it was disgusting to see executive management take advantage of the middle management and staff. management takes credit for staff's work...hours we ok. Notes were doable tasks.
Pros
group and individual experience
Cons
management
Very rewarding work
Clinician/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 24, 2017
Very rewarding,sometimes stressful and busy work day which includes, completing intakes and treatment plans with new clients,weekly meeting with clients, weekly notes, daily class facilitation, monthly reviews, and weekly staff meetings
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
healthcare could be better, salary needs improvement
people learning to live in sobriety
Coordinator (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 23, 2017
phoenix House was built to help people live in sobriety, as a volunteer I always encouraged people to do the best they can and live on life's terms. it was full of diversity and challenges but always did it with a smile on my face.
n/a
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Citra, FLAugust 9, 2017
Phoenix House is a decent place to work. It has it's ups and downs just like any other job. They're currently in the middle of renovations so everything is a little bit crazy. In the midst of the chaos management encourages us and reminds us that the sun always shines after the storm.
Productive, stressful at times
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 8, 2017
Site dependent. I enjoyed working with the staff. Most of the time it was team oriented and we all worked together. There was alot of diversity. Turnover and repeat population can burn you out but rewarding job at times.
Pros
staff
Cons
turnover
Huge turnover rate
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 21, 2017
The work environment is pretty hectic at times but the clients and some workers make it better. It is bad pay... sometimes you would have to work so many hrs and so many days to have a decent check
Pros
Some good workers
Cons
Bad pay
Very busy, but you learn a lot.
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJuly 18, 2017
A typical day work begin for me at 4pm. I come into work and run pm meeting for the clients, and then myself and my coworker distribute meds and hand out mail. The clients make dinner, and then at 7:30pm they are ready to eat. I end the night by counting medications,and making sure everyone is in their beds by 11pm.

I have learned so much from this job. I started working here not knowing a thing about this population or medications. I have learned a lot about the legal system, interacting with clients, medications, and patience. I have learned far more than what college ever taught me.

The hardest part of the job is watching clients go through tough times while they are here, and dealing with them sober. It is also rewarding seeing them work through these problems without the assistance of alochal or drugs. Another hard part of this job is seeing clients coming back after they have graduated the program. I want them to do well on the outside and succeed, I'm always curious as to what possessed them to pick up and use all over again. Its also hard to watch the families be impacted by their decisions as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching my clients succeed! I love hearing about them a few months down the line doing well, and staring a clean future for themselves. I also enjoy having the support of staff. It makes the job a lot easier.
Pros
Free dinner, very flexible with scheduling, supportive staff
Cons
2nd shift hours..4pm-12am
great vibes
Primary Counselor (Current Employee) –  Venice, CAJuly 16, 2017
amazing energy helpful program directors great benefits great working environment supportive staff upward mobility great view on Venice beach clinical transformation
Fun Workplace
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2017
Competitive
fun
fast-paced
lots of traveling
meet new students every day
meet new teachers everyday
work directly with your boss
boss helps out in field
Director is fun, helpful and supportive
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
No room for movement
Horrible Horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 11, 2017
This is a good place to lose your license. Unsafe conditions, very disorganized and management is very disrespectful. There is a good reason they can't keep nurses. I don't recommend this place.
Pros
Location and parking
Cons
Dangerous conditions
Good Organization with Caring Employees
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Citra, FLJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, mostly because of the employees and supervisors. It's a great place, though, as everyone truly cares about the clients. There isn't enough space for the amount of employees needed, but otherwise it was an awesome experience for me.
Productive and fun
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silver Lake, CAJune 23, 2017
Challenging and rewarding at the same time, although compensation was suspect for what we deal with. Benefits were great and the potential to make a difference was great.
A good workplace love working with all my coworkers
Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about Phoenix hours it was my first real job out of college and I loved it and I'm happy I was a part of it and to be able to work my way up and all the ends and outs and get to know the kids and see them grow and learn and to know that I had a part in it I loved it and I wouldn't trade it for nothing only do I resign is because I started a family of my own.
Pros
Good staff good work hours good benefits and good clients
Cons
The pay and the mileage
Run away
Journey Counselor (Former Employee) –  Blythe, CAJune 12, 2017
Staff is horrible and so is management. No support form them or trainings. The inmates are they only ones you can trust. Staff talks bad about each other to inmates as well as other staff. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
The entire job is horrible
A reality check help me put my life in prospective
CSS (Current Employee) –  Wilmer, TXMay 30, 2017
I can honestly say this was a job I truly loved and it was a job that I say multiple opportunities to move up once I worked hard...and if u hadn't have lost my eye sight I would still be there.
Pros
Cons
Nothing bad
workplace
Medication Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2017
I worked at Phoenix house for a total of 3 months as a medication nurse for adolescents, this was quite an experience that I will never forget for the rest of my life.