Primary point of contact for servicing Phoenix Companies life business. Responsible for providing service for the entire policy life cycle. Responsible for continuous blocks of telephone coverage servicing clients and advisers. Processes routine and complex transactions pertaining to individual and joint life contracts on multiple administrative systems. Responsible for resolving any inquiry presented by responding in a courteous, efficient and accurate manner. Charged with providing a first class customer experience, which meets regulatory guidelines and supports Phoenix's wealth management strategy. Works in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for servicing and/or processing financial and administrative transactions during the policy life-cycle including but not limited to policy rewrites, payments, disbursements, in-force illustrations, and existing business contract changes, and claims support.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, Phoenix Companies Policies and Procedures; especially those relating to regulations and controls.
- Serves as a single point of contact. Receives and resolves complex and/or sensitive customer service inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Meets or exceeds team goals for quality and service.
- Responsible for researching, developing, organizing, and prioritizing solutions and options to balance both business and client needs.
- Participates in and/or facilitates various department projects, which impact the customer experience.
- Understands and supports corporate initiatives and distribution relationships as they impact the issuance and servicing of products.
- Responsible for identification of changes to procedure documentation, including communication of changes and/or updating of documentation for processes assigned Subject Matter Expert.
- Ability to work and support a team environment.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Must maintain appropriate attendance.
Special Working Conditions
- Opportunity for flex hours limited; flexibility curing core business hours up to 6:00 p.m. or later as business needs dictate.
- Adheres to phone time in accordance with phone schedules and as business demands dictate.
- Understands and adheres to department guidelines and procedures; evaluates and implements appropriate exceptions to policy and procedure, while limiting possible corporate exposure.
- Work subject to regulatory and corporate time and service standards and to customer and distributor expectations.
Phoenix is committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees. Pre-employment drug testing and our substance abuse policy for applicants are integral components of our efforts to ensure such a safe working environment. Phoenix now requires all prospective employees to whom Phoenix has given a conditional offer of employment to submit to a pre-employment urinalysis drug test. All prospective employees must receive a negative result as a condition of employment.
Phoenix is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
Skills, knowledge and/or experience
- Understands the advisor and policyholders' expectations and requests; responds in a proficient and proactive manner based upon their needs; acts as a source of information.
- Knowledge of Home Comm, Life Comm, Servidata, LifePro and Vantage host systems on inquiry and transactional basis is necessary. Handles all inquiries in a professional, courteous manner; accurately documents requests (more than 90% of time may be spent on telephone service calls).
- Proactive in researching transactions that may not be evident to client thus preventing future inaccuracies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to interact with internal and external clients.
- Adheres to standards by establishing priorities and working on tasks in the proper order.
- Effective problem solving skills to research questions using appropriate reference material and peers.
- Effective math and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of in force insurance portfolios and insurance terminology and procedures; continued education in insurance studies, e.g., LOMA.
- Skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Good decision making skills to interact effectively with team members.
- Establishes credibility and trust through interactive relationships with internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and assess client needs.
- Employees supporting the Annuity, Variable Universal and Universal Life Insurance products may be required to possess an NASD Series 6 Registered Representative License.
Please include your current and expected salary in your cover letter or resume
Indeed - 18 months ago