Phoenix Services Employee Reviews

Productive agency
Internship (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work involves helping individuals with disabilities gain employment skills. I have learned a great deal about both mental and physical disabilities and the limitations they present. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a genuine concern for the consumers of the agency. The hardest part of the job is meeting the differing individual needs of the consumers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing consumers achieve their employment goals.
Productive work place with personal and rewarding experiences.
Investigator/Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Typical day at work starts at 8am where I conduct a team meeting where we review the day's expectations. I then, via video conference, meet with upper management to discuss plans and expectations. During the hours of 9-3, my staff work with mentally and physically challenged adults, via treatment plans and other strategies. 3-4pm staff regroup and prepare the day program for the following day. I have learned the challenges of working with adults who have several disabilities such as speaking, hearing and seeing. You become creative in how you communicate. Co-workers, although low in salary, are truly committed to their profession and it shows. The hardest part of my job is working away from the corporate offices. My office is 65 miles away from our regional office which makes it difficult when quick and important decisions need approval. I enjoy my job because everyday is a different day of new challenges.
Pros
Monday - Friday with all major holidays off.
Cons
Location in comparison to Corporate.
This company doesn't seem to have a professional atmosphere, it took over a month for them to get all my stuff together and find clients for me
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Clearfield, UTJuly 31, 2013
A typical day at work consists of driving my clients to work or where ever they need to go that day. Sometimes it would even be just sitting at home with them watching TV.
Pros
Get to help people
Cons
Unprofessional, low pay, inadequate mileage compensation
great place
associate (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 9, 2015
they work hard for you they pay well they have good jobs as wells as great problem resolving skills. for example if there is a problem at the job the work quick to resolve it
Good Place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumee OhioMarch 4, 2013
Shipping product all over the us and Asia, England. I have learned ups & fed ex programs the management was ok the coworkers were nice the hardest part of the job was shipping packages trusting the packer pulled the correct items to be shipped because i shipped them and had to trust them to be correct but when orders came back that were wrong it fell on the shipper , that was stressful because the boxes were sealed coming through the shipping dept. most enjoyable part of my job was the 1 hour lunch we could leave the premises and go anywhere.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
not knowing what was in the packages to be shipped as far as correct or qty.
A Great job
Grader (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MISeptember 12, 2012
Working for Phoniex was a great experience. A normal day at work consist of sanitizing before getting on my line to work,getting on my line and check all the produce to make sure there are no cuts scratched and bruises. the management for phoniex is great pleasant attitudes and very nice and caring people. the co workers were nice people and fun to work with and talk to. There was really nothing hard about the job everything was preatty simple. The best part of my job was working at a steady pace not being rushed and sometimes being able to go home early because of getting the work done early.
Temp agency with sporadic job placements and no job security
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHJanuary 29, 2015
-too many promises, nothing was fulfilled
-excellent job for someone who wants immediate income, but not many opportunities for advancement
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No opportunity for advancement, No job security, inconsistent schedules
It was a temp job but still okay.
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 14, 2015
I was happy with the position the workload was steady and the staff was great to be around. The CEO was very caring and understanding when it came to his employees.
Invoicing/ Purchasing/ Timekeeper
Office Assitance / Heat Treating Tech (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 2, 2014
• Data entry of job description, employee crafts, man hours, equipment hours, and all 3rd party freights and rentals into invoice spreadsheet
• Distribute invoice to managers for approval and file after it is sent out to client.
• Scan and make copies for distribution to accounting department
• Issue a purchase order number and place orders for materials, equipment, rentals and schedule pickups
• Receive tickets and issue for payment; Enter data into invoice spreadsheet
• Submit daily work record using TRACK System at job site and distribute to project manager for approval onsitea
low paying position as a driver
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 11, 2015
A temporary agency where driver pay was minimum. Job was 80 miles round trip from my home. However, their equipment was good.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
low pay
wonderful company
Vehicle Transporter (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 28, 2015
I loved it. Very professional. But my assignment ended early due to shut down. Other that that it was a good place to work. I transported vehicles all day
Fun loving work environment
Office Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHApril 1, 2013
Phoenix Services was one the best staffing agencies I have ever worked for. The agents that are over you really work hard with keeping you busy in the work force. The best staffing agency in my opinion in the Northwest Ohio area.
Pros
great pay
Cons
temporary work
Its a great company to start off with, but job security is not promised
Coil Packaging (Current Employee) –  Calvert, ALApril 4, 2013
I don't have any problems with the job itself, it's not guaranteed hours. When production is caught up then the work is slow, so that means you get sent home for the day with no pay. I love to work, most of all I love a job that i can depend on and I can look forward to working my shift and or overtime if necessary or optional.
Pros
easy going work environment, not hard work nor stressful, 12hr shifts
Cons
short breaks, not enough safety equipment for everyone
Good work environment, challenging,and educational.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2014
Heavy equipment operator,to move materials,raw scrap,maintenance and repair on mobile equipment,and operational plants.

How slag and steel scrap is recovered and processed

Speed and cautiousness, was a priority, knowing where everyone was at a given time

Being busy all day long.No standby time, making productivity and the day seem less lengthy
Pros
regular breaks and lunches, full medical, dental, and heath insurance
Cons
Dust, extreme amout of dust
productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 19, 2013
The job consisted of assembling car parts. Management was very helpful with explaining the job duties. Co-workers were nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with production. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what goes into building cars.
Just Horrible
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 23, 2013
This was a horrible place to work. Regardless of what your major of study or previous work history involves, they boot you right into a plant job where you're working seven days a week, like a slave. I would not recommend anyone work at Phoenix Services for any amount of time.
Pros
It eventually ended
Cons
10 minute breaks and lunches, no life flexibility, horrendously low paying
Hostile work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 6, 2013
Very stressful with various comuter systems to correlate for different aspects of the job. Separate for payroll, billing, sales.
Pros
8 hrs monday thru friday - otherwise overtime pay
Cons
the upper management (men) are very foul mouth and rude to women
A decent temp employment company
Manufacturing/assembly (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 8, 2015
They are fairly quick in finding employment when needed. and check up with you often. The staff is friendly and polite. I will recommend and use them if needed in the future
To Powder Coat or not to Powder Coat
Temporary - Powder Coating (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 3, 2013
Phoenix services put me in a powder coating warehouse as a temporary. I remember being put into a lead position almost right away, but it was frowned upon by fellow employees because I was a temporary. I am an extremely hard worker and tend to learn things quickly, but remember feeling overwhelmed of all the things they were asking me to do.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
Too much responsibility too fast
rewarding place to work
Security Badge Checker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
I was responsible for checking badges upon entry into the SED Software Engineering Directorate on Redstone. I also was charged with the responsibilities of checking security clearances and issuance of passes in order to enter the facility. I am proficient in using the JPAS system and other office supporting systems
Pros
great people and environment
Cons
Pay less than whats expected of an individual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9