Phoenix Services

Phoenix Services Employer Reviews

rewarding place to work
Security Badge Checker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Pros: great people and environment
Cons: pay less than whats expected of an individual
I was responsible for checking badges upon entry into the SED Software Engineering Directorate on Redstone. I also was charged with the responsibilities of checking security clearances and issuance of passes in order to enter the facility. I am proficient in using the JPAS system and other office supporting systems
Invoicing/ Purchasing/ Timekeeper
Office Assitance / Heat Treating Tech (Former Employee), La Porte, TXApril 2, 2014
• Data entry of job description, employee crafts, man hours, equipment hours, and all 3rd party freights and rentals into invoice spreadsheet
• Distribute invoice to managers for approval and file after it is sent out to client.
• Scan and make copies for distribution to accounting department
• Issue a purchase order number and place orders for materials, – more... equipment, rentals and schedule pickups
• Receive tickets and issue for payment; Enter data into invoice spreadsheet
• Submit daily work record using TRACK System at job site and distribute to project manager for approval onsitea – less
Good Company
TEMPORARY EMPLOYEE (Current Employee), Toledo, OHApril 1, 2014
Pros: job placement
Cons: job placement
They are a good company to work for. They place you in jobs in the area.
chalenging and intense work
Plastic Molding Machine Operator (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 30, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: the fast pace and the heat
Fast paced
I learned organized and trim parts
Efficient Management
Fun, Friendly and Helpful
Standing all day and the Heat
Enjoying and fun with the co workers
Driver
Driver (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJanuary 9, 2014
A typical day at Phoenix services was driving Ford truck to requested lots. I learned how to relax behind the wheel, truck operation, and car safety. Management was cool also through temp. My co-worker was cool helping if needed.
Production
Material Handler (Former Employee), Oregon, OHDecember 3, 2013
Pros: nice lunch breaks
Cons: temporary work
A typical day consisted of organizing, sorting and packaging car parts, cleaning up my area & breaking down boxes. I learn how to manage my time and get a big amount of work done by a certain time. I most enjoyed the flexibility in my task.
Bad Management
Training Consultant (Former Employee), Springboro, OHNovember 7, 2013
Pros: beautiful part of the country!
Cons: poor management!
I loved working with the people i trained and the area.The manager was not skilled enouph to be responsible for his employees.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 31, 2013
Pros: good friendly atmosphere
Cons: great trainers and people
Nice people and room for advancement and growth in the company. and nice co workers
Just Horrible
Manufacturing (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 23, 2013
Pros: it eventually ended
Cons: 10 minute breaks and lunches, no life flexibility, horrendously low paying
This was a horrible place to work. Regardless of what your major of study or previous work history involves, they boot you right into a plant job where you're working seven days a week, like a slave. I would not recommend anyone work at Phoenix Services for any amount of time.
It was an okay pay to work overall
Press Operator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 19, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: terrible pay
Various position in production. The pay was horrible. The worst ever in temping bit
This company doesn't seem to have a professional atmosphere, it took over a month for them to get all my stuff together and find clients for me
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTJuly 31, 2013
Pros: get to help people
Cons: unprofessional, low pay, inadequate mileage compensation
A typical day at work consists of driving my clients to work or where ever they need to go that day. Sometimes it would even be just sitting at home with them watching TV.
productive
Assembler (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 19, 2013
The job consisted of assembling car parts. Management was very helpful with explaining the job duties. Co-workers were nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with production. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what goes into building cars.
Temp-Service
Molding Operator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 5, 2013
Operating molding machines and assembling car parts for all automotive industries
To Powder Coat or not to Powder Coat
Temporary - Powder Coating (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 3, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days
Cons: too much responsibility too fast
Phoenix services put me in a powder coating warehouse as a temporary. I remember being put into a lead position almost right away, but it was frowned upon by fellow employees because I was a temporary. I am an extremely hard worker and tend to learn things quickly, but remember feeling overwhelmed of all the things they were asking me to do.
Its a great company to start off with, but job security is not promised
Coil Packaging (Current Employee), Calvert, ALApril 4, 2013
Pros: easy going work environment, not hard work nor stressful, 12hr shifts
Cons: short breaks, not enough safety equipment for everyone
I don't have any problems with the job itself, it's not guaranteed hours. When production is caught up then the work is slow, so that means you get sent home for the day with no pay. I love to work, most of all I love a job that i can depend on and I can look forward to working my shift and or overtime if necessary or optional.
Fun loving work environment
Office Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHApril 1, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: temporary work
Phoenix Services was one the best staffing agencies I have ever worked for. The agents that are over you really work hard with keeping you busy in the work force. The best staffing agency in my opinion in the Northwest Ohio area.
The Worst Job I've Ever Had - For Phoenix CORPORATE - not as a temp!
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 6, 2013
Pros: occasional free lunch. that's it.
Cons: everything.
Please note that this is a review of the actual company Phoenix Services - not the experience others have reviewed of being a temp working through Phoenix at another company. This company pays their corporate employees terribly, is run by Christians who are anything but, and requires you to be on call 17 hours a day, every single day. And you WILL get – more... calls that entire time, since you are staffing for manufacturing companies running 3 shifts. You will have to basically to temps, bend over backwards for the extremely demanding, often unrealistic companies who are clients, and deal with bosses who actually physically intimidate you by doing things like banging their fists on the table. These bosses will also do things like demand that coordinators assign a particular temp to a job, then attack and blame them when that temp does not work out. You will be expected to staff for incredibly demanding companies with literally the worst pool of temporary employees ever, people who actually fall asleep on the job. You should never accept a job here, because you will literally never have time to look for another one. I had to fall back on a waitressing job or I never would have gotten out. Please avoid this place at all costs. It is the worst possible work environment. The manager is terrifying and is not competent to run an office. If you are looking to be a temp THROUGH Phoenix Services, just make sure you get a GUARANTEE about the length of time your assignment is for, if at all possible. The coordinators are under extreme pressure to staff for hard-to-staff positions and I believe some of them will say anything to accomplish that. – less
Good Place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Maumee OhioMarch 4, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: not knowing what was in the packages to be shipped as far as correct or qty.
Shipping product all over the us and Asia, England. I have learned ups & fed ex programs the management was ok the coworkers were nice the hardest part of the job was shipping packages trusting the packer pulled the correct items to be shipped because i shipped them and had to trust them to be correct but when orders came back that were wrong it fell – more... on the shipper , that was stressful because the boxes were sealed coming through the shipping dept. most enjoyable part of my job was the 1 hour lunch we could leave the premises and go anywhere. – less
Learned a new skill
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Maumee OhioMarch 2, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, learned new skill, coworkers
Cons: dont hire in until 2 yrs from temp agency
shipped gas spring all over the globe in asia and England along with usa
Hostile work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Portage, INJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: 8 hrs monday thru friday - otherwise overtime pay
Cons: the upper management (men) are very foul mouth and rude to women
Very stressful with various comuter systems to correlate for different aspects of the job. Separate for payroll, billing, sales.