Phoenix Services

Phoenix Services Employee Reviews

productive
Assembler (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 19, 2013
The job consisted of assembling car parts. Management was very helpful with explaining the job duties. Co-workers were nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with production. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning what goes into building cars.
Temp-Service
Molding Operator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJune 5, 2013
Operating molding machines and assembling car parts for all automotive industries
To Powder Coat or not to Powder Coat
Temporary - Powder Coating (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 3, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days
Cons: too much responsibility too fast
Phoenix services put me in a powder coating warehouse as a temporary. I remember being put into a lead position almost right away, but it was frowned upon by fellow employees because I was a temporary. I am an extremely hard worker and tend to learn things quickly, but remember feeling overwhelmed of all the things they were asking me to do.
Its a great company to start off with, but job security is not promised
Coil Packaging (Current Employee), Calvert, ALApril 4, 2013
Pros: easy going work environment, not hard work nor stressful, 12hr shifts
Cons: short breaks, not enough safety equipment for everyone
I don't have any problems with the job itself, it's not guaranteed hours. When production is caught up then the work is slow, so that means you get sent home for the day with no pay. I love to work, most of all I love a job that i can depend on and I can look forward to working my shift and or overtime if necessary or optional.
Fun loving work environment
Office Administrator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHApril 1, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: temporary work
Phoenix Services was one the best staffing agencies I have ever worked for. The agents that are over you really work hard with keeping you busy in the work force. The best staffing agency in my opinion in the Northwest Ohio area.
The Worst Job I've Ever Had - For Phoenix CORPORATE - not as a temp!
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 6, 2013
Pros: occasional free lunch. that's it.
Cons: everything.
Please note that this is a review of the actual company Phoenix Services - not the experience others have reviewed of being a temp working through Phoenix at another company. This company pays their corporate employees terribly, is run by Christians who are anything but, and requires you to be on call 17 hours a day, every single day. And you WILL get calls that entire time, since you are staffing for manufacturing companies running 3 shifts. You will have to basically to temps, bend over backwards for the extremely demanding, often unrealistic companies who are clients, and deal with bosses who actually physically intimidate you by doing things like banging their fists on the table. These bosses will also do things like demand that coordinators assign a particular temp to a job, then attack and blame them when that temp does not work out. You will be expected to staff for incredibly demanding companies with literally the worst pool of temporary employees ever, people who actually fall asleep on the job. You should never accept a job here, because you will literally never have time to look for another one. I had to fall back on a waitressing job or I never would have gotten out. Please avoid this place at all costs. It is the worst possible work environment. The manager is terrifying and is not competent to run an office. If you are looking to be a temp THROUGH Phoenix Services, just make sure you get a GUARANTEE about the length of time your assignment is for, if at all possible. The coordinators are under extreme pressure to staff for hard-to-staff positions and I believe some of them will say anything to accomplish that.
Good Place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Maumee OhioMarch 4, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
Cons: not knowing what was in the packages to be shipped as far as correct or qty.
Shipping product all over the us and Asia, England. I have learned ups & fed ex programs the management was ok the coworkers were nice the hardest part of the job was shipping packages trusting the packer pulled the correct items to be shipped because i shipped them and had to trust them to be correct but when orders came back that were wrong it fell on the shipper , that was stressful because the boxes were sealed coming through the shipping dept. most enjoyable part of my job was the 1 hour lunch we could leave the premises and go anywhere.
Learned a new skill
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Maumee OhioMarch 2, 2013
Pros: hour lunch, learned new skill, coworkers
Cons: dont hire in until 2 yrs from temp agency
shipped gas spring all over the globe in asia and England along with usa
Hostile work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Portage, INJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: 8 hrs monday thru friday - otherwise overtime pay
Cons: the upper management (men) are very foul mouth and rude to women
Very stressful with various comuter systems to correlate for different aspects of the job. Separate for payroll, billing, sales.
Temporary work enviroment
Line Leader (Former Employee), Monroe, MIDecember 18, 2012
ran a production line with 7 crew members, checked quality control, paperwork pertaining to orders coming and going
A Great job
Grader (Current Employee), Monroe, MISeptember 12, 2012
Working for Phoniex was a great experience. A normal day at work consist of sanitizing before getting on my line to work,getting on my line and check all the produce to make sure there are no cuts scratched and bruises. the management for phoniex is great pleasant attitudes and very nice and caring people. the co workers were nice people and fun to work with and talk to. There was really nothing hard about the job everything was preatty simple. The best part of my job was working at a steady pace not being rushed and sometimes being able to go home early because of getting the work done early.
GOOD BUT NOT STEADY
TEMPORARY LABOR (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 12, 2012
Pros: paid on time
Cons: temporary
MY DAY VARIED ACCORDING TO JOB. HARDEST PART WAS WAGES AND TEMPORARY NATURE OF JOBS
Productive, experience increase
Hardcoat (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHAugust 10, 2012
Pros: paid lunches and breaks.
I gained experience in warehousing and manufacturing. Co-workers were all down-to-earth people.
Fast Paced.
Manufaturer (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2012
Pros: not to difficult work.
Cons: not enough hours
Easy, but fast paced. Management is good. Co-workers are nice. Their is not really a hard part of the job.
Happy go lucky atmosphere
Laborer (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 22, 2012
Fast pace work, organization skills, inspection and packaging of produce for shipping. Good people to work for. coworkers were quiet people. Hardest thing was the 40degree temperature in the room. The enjoyable part is to see what has been done correctly watching the truck drive away with your product.
Not much on site professionalism
Driver (Former Employee), DearbornFebruary 20, 2012
Pros: job was pretty easy.
Cons: racist & favoritism
This job was ok to have for the moment, very simple task to do. As described in the pros and cons, the cons was a issue that was pointed out by plenty of workers.

Phoenix Services Salaries