Phoenix Staffing Employee Reviews

very productive, easy going environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHOctober 25, 2016
everyone was very helpful and patient, the training was simple and productive, supervisors and coworkers were always willing to help and work as a team.
Pros
flexibility for learning new tasks
Cons
schedules
Third Party Company that takes a cut out of your pay.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 29, 2016
When you support companies like Phoenix, you basically agree that someone who does nothing deserves a part of your paycheck. Phoenix Staffing makes a lot of promises but generally doesn't care about you. Their only interest is to have a backlog of unemployed workers at their disposal, which doesn't help you provide for your family.
I entered their office by request for an interview for a job posting that I applied for. When I arrived and asked questions about the job, the person interviewing me knew nothing about the job I was applying for. Instead, they asked if I was interested in a cut-rate pay job 30 miles away from where I lived that was irrelevant to my skills. I walked out disappointed by their misleading advertisement. The funny part is, a year later they call me again for the same job. Clearly they don't take notes when you're interviewing. The just want to make commission off of your hard work.
You are better off not wasting your time with this company. You would have better chances of getting a job directly from a company that will give you fair wages and benefits if you skip this company and patiently seek a job opportunity that you truly deserve.
Pros
Can't really think of any benefits giving a portion of your paycheck to a third party.
Cons
Low pay, No benefits, No job guarantee, Not directly employed, only promises.
Good in my book
On Call Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHApril 28, 2015
While I've been registered with this company they've showed great professionalism. They're friendly and very helpful and overstanding if you have an issue with getting to work. The jobs they offer are good and competitive wage wise with good variety in industry choice.
Pros
Good jobs, good staff, readily available
Cons
none so far
Terrible place to work.
labor (Former Employee) –  Phoneix,Glen EllyenMarch 2, 2015
It's a sweat shop kind of atmosphere. Worked for a company in Lemont Il. The temps do the work for the employees. The day shift supervisor stalks you all day and orders you around because your a temp like your a slave. Thats called harrasment.
Pros
Cons
temps do the actual employee job.
a very comfortable place to work
baker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 14, 2014
a typical day here is usually pretty smooth and mostly in and out early. I learned how to use a mixer. Management is strict but fair jus wants everybody to do their job.co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with. There isn't really anything hard about the job but I find nit challenging to keep the distributor filled with dough mixing bowl after bowl. The most enjoyable part of the job is it keeps me busy.
Pros
respectful, comfortable, busy environment
Cons
distance, pay could be better
its ok for a little while
Forklift driver and light machinery operator (Former Employee) –  Southgate mi.June 9, 2014
ok job if you do not mind sporadic job placement and managent
This is a temp agency
Site-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 23, 2014
Nice place to work. Temp agency so work was inconsistent. No Benefits
Staffing agency
Customer Representitive (Former Employee) –  West burbs, IlFebruary 16, 2014
Worked here for a little bit until something better came along. Pay rates are fair, the leads they get are ok. I noticed a high level of incompetence with their Coordinators. Poor time management skills, lack of character, and a inability to interact and relate to people who were "employed" by them. They ask you to call in check in on a weekly basis, which was frustrating, because you feel strung along.
Pros
Location, Good job leads
Cons
Coordinators
Willing to learn
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Slyvania ohioNovember 28, 2013
Phoenix staffing is a very good employer to work for. They will send you to several different jobs while using what skills you already have.
Temp Srevice
Quality Control, Production worker (Former Employee) –  grand rapids miOctober 10, 2013
Will find you work but cant always guarantee that you will be hired in to the company that they send you too
Professional work place
Dominic Cassata, Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2013
Productive and professional workplace at the Kane County Health Department. Office space was accommodative
Pros
good professional staff to work with
Cons
supervisor at kane county health department demands were not always very clear
Typical Incompetent Agency
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILNovember 29, 2012
They are a typical staffing agency. They have plenty of people contacting them wanting to work and will go out of their way to work ... but Phoenix gives them the usual runaround. They lie constantly telling these poor people that they will call them back and never do. I remember walking in one time asking to speak with the person who handled my application, and the employee present unconvincingly told me he was at lunch ... it was not even 11am yet, and Phoenix employees seem to be never on time when the office opens a few hours earlier ... so he is eating lunch already? He just finished eating breakfast. The employee then pretended to write my name and number down. It was so obvious this person wasn't writing anything down. If you are going to lie to me, at least do a good job of lying to me.

Another incident at this office was when I walked in asking for my check, and the same person told me they didn't have it and to call back on Monday because they will have it then. I called back that Monday, and this same person actually answered the phone. This person then began to tell me that I was never told the checks would be ready on Monday and that I can always check on Thursday or Friday ... in this same morning, the employees arrived late with some of us standing outside waiting for them. They tried to open the door and got the key stuck and had to ask one of us to jiggle the key around to open the door up. They ended up asking the guy who had been waiting around for more than an hour because he was asked to wait around starting earlier that day. Needless to say, he was very
  more... upset.

Phoenix is no different from any other staffing agency. They are a bunch of incompetent noobs. The people who apply there can actually do a better job as staffing agency employees than the people who actually work there.
Pros
phoenix acts nice ... at least, they got this part right.
Cons
need i say more?
Phoenix Staffing Summary
Warehouse/Loader (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn ILJuly 12, 2012
Very Great company to work with. Very nice people and always looking to get you working as soon as possibile.
Good enviroment, with good people. Enjoyable
Champion Foods- High Lo Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2012
A typical day at work was driving the High-Lo. I learned more about computers and how to use them. The company was managed very well. My co-workers were decent people. The hardest part of my job was using the computers. The most enjoyable part of my job was driving the High-Lo.
Pros
decent pay.
Cons
no health care. temporary.
Temp
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 19, 2012
This is an employment staffing agency. They are pretty good at finding people jobs. I have my current position because of Phoenix. Awesome!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phoenix Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9