Phoenixville Hospital

Phoenixville Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Best demonstration of teamwork skills.
Social Worker (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: a great learning environment.
I work with an effective team whose members each bring a unique perspective to the table. I learn something new everyday.
Great Hospital
Lead Transporter (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Wonderful company to work for, staff is great. Highly recommended.
A day in Regestration
Registrar (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: health care is cheap for employees and you feel like you are working with a family.
Cons: you dont have all the knowledge you need to know for everything right off the bat.
In registration I depend on the front desk checking in patients at the front desk and put in properly in the computer, so I can start registering the patient before he or she comes in my office because management only want us registering patience for 10 minutes. Our goal in registration is not having patience wait to long in the waiting area or register to long because he or she might be late for their test. While the patient is in my office I have t let the patient know about their copay or deductible for his or her test. The hardest part of the job is collecting a lot of money from a patient that might needed that money to get him or her by for the rest of the day. If a patient isn't able to pay anything down or setup a secure payment plan. I have go get permission from one of my team leads to get permission for the patient to get a bill mailed to them and sometimes I have to push people away because of it. The most joy I have at this job is get to know people and help people by getting the patience one step closer to getting the answer of their pain or medical problem.
Under staffed
Registered Nurse/ Med-Surg Unit (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free parking!
Cons: under staffed - over worked
Nurses are overworked. Under staff...The pay is the average for nurses but they say that they are one of the highest paying facilities. Depending on your manager, don't look for advancement to another department. They are already short staffed and will not allow you to go to another department.
Very Helpful in teaching me skills
Student (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAOctober 21, 2014
This location was great as a student because they did a wide variety of procedures and used many pieces of equipment which I have become comfortable with.
great people
CAT Scan Technologist (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAAugust 13, 2014
close to home
very good techs and rads
needs new machines
needs more patiens
Enjoyable position, unsatisfying hours.
Unit Secretary / Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJune 3, 2014
With this position I am reassured to get many hours, and bring home a stable income. I have to work abscene amounts of hours though. It is generally a nice facility, and I very much enjoy what I do. Although, often times I feel unappreciated by some co-workers.
Excellent
Director of Social Work Department (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAMay 17, 2014
Pros: open and caring and attentive to all of their employees
Cons: no negatives.
Caring committed employees. Overall excellent care and treatment at Phoenixville Hospital. I love working for this hospital.
enjoyed night work and people
General Maintenance (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAApril 5, 2014
Pros: good shift nice co workers
Cons: keep being sold
Friendly people on the job, Love the work I did and help sick people to laugh
I work hard and am looking for something better with increased mental challenges..
Materials Management Technician (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: breaks can be taken anytime, and there are no hard rules for lenght
Cons: we have been officially 2 people short since 2009, but to save money there are no new hires.
I currently inventory all departments of the hospital to see what supplies are needed.This is done Monday,Wednesday and Friday.I have 2 other coworkers who do the same to divide this duty since the hospital is fairly large.I also fill supply orders on demand as they are ordered by other departments and deliver them,or someone else in my department will do so.On Tuesdays and Thursday we concentrate on filling any back orders that were leftover from the previous day due to time constraints. I also unload and put away the major medical order that is delivered every Monday,Wednesday and Thursday.Usually one of these orders is large consisting of 6 to 9 pallets.I have been there a long time with most of the duties over the years evolving,and some staying the same.I once did all of the duties that l listed as well as data entry work.I have learned to be self controlled,accepting and patient . My coworkers are hard and consciences workers.Most have been there a while,but none longer than myself.One has been there only 4 years.Some of them however can be petty and overly dramatic to work with.The hardest part is dealing with tension caused by pettiness and those who make more out of the job than what it is.As far as actual duties,the hardest part is the inventorying of the departments 3 times weekly because I am dealing with strict deadlines and delays that albeit are job related,but often times not necessary to disrupt what I am doing at the current time.The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing I did a hard days work and the best I could..
n/a
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAAugust 20, 2013
-Strongly maintained a 98% accuracy rating in patient registration.
- Greets and assists customers, patients, and visitors. Acts with a sense of urgency when dealing with patients and workflow.
- Confirms all patient orders with diagnosis and referring physician information including a legible physician signature.
-Expert in operating the following operating hospital, NAVINET, PROMISE, PROMED, AS100/HMS, which are used to identity, verify, and process patient information and insurance.
- Performs point-of-service collections in a professional manner
convenient location, long time employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJuly 12, 2013
Fun people to work with, opportunities for transfer to other areas
excellent and qualified staff.
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAJune 11, 2013
Qualified and helpful staff made me feel very comfortable.
Fun work place I really enjoyed the co-workers and the work.
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAAugust 31, 2012
Pros: free meals and great co-workers
Phoenixville Hospital was a great place to work I enjoyed going to work everyday and had great co-workers.
Terrible OR Management
OR Team Member (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PaJune 28, 2012
Pros: nice coworkers, covered parking garage, nice addition of south wing.
Cons: small and dirty break room, management is abbrasive and unfriendly
OR staff is ok for the most part however the OR Manager is rude, unfriendly and not a team player. She makes the work environment very stressful and supplies no sense of warmth, positivity nor does she acknowledge in a postitive way. Most of the staff dreads review time of the year. Not a good environment because of her in particualr.
ok place to work, co
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Phoenixville, PAJune 13, 2012
Pros: ?
Cons: terrible health ins
the most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.

the management make the job awful - to competetive.- i hate it
the typical day is tiring for me

June 26, 2012

Management is poor, hospital is laying people off and employees can't get hours, benefits health wise are awful, and overall a depressing place to work. It is a shame because coworkers are ok.

Excellent clinical opportunity in a small community setting
charge nurse (Former Employee), icuJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: city pay, benefits, parking free, covered parking garage, public transportation
Cons: primary care, not many aids or clerks, floors are spread out, lots of walking, rooms are far from desk
A great place to work if you like to learn new skills often, and enjoy being challenged with a diverse patient population. The acuity of patients varies, but for a small community hosptial a good mix to keep you on your clinical p's and q's. It's small enough to have a very homey feel, with collegues that become close friends. It's a very suburban town, with great dinning, shopping and entertainment. It's a very family oriented place, and the community supports that, but it's also great for singles with night life that is very diverse, and close to home.

About Phoenixville Hospital

Community Health Systems (CHS) isn't much of a city dweller. The hospital operator prefers small-town America, owning or leasingĀ about – Read more