Phoenixville Hospital Employee Reviews

Not a great experience
EMERGENCY ROOM REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PANovember 18, 2017
Management was not good at this hospital especially in the registration area. I was lied to on several occasions including the fact that there is room to grow and there wasn't
Loved working there
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 5, 2017
great place to work. I would go back a typical day was full it was a fast paced environment. I learned hospital guidelines and procedures. Management was willing to help when needed
ok
Patient Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  phoenixvilleAugust 31, 2017
ok not really helpful but I liked the ceo and HR but not . no pro or cons breaks are too short and the lunch was too short. not enough time. but I enjoyed the location. it work out perfect for me I was very close to the job. that was the only great thing about working. I wished I had a longer lunch. an hour would be better. enough time to go out to get lunch at local area
Experienced Medical Staff
Intensive care staff nurse/relief charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 28, 2017
Experienced and respected critical care physicians and specialty surgeons. Physicians and mid-level professionals give the experienced and qualified nursing professionals autonomy and respect suggestions regarding plan of care.
Pros
Medical staff, vacation, benefits
Cons
Chain of command
Fun place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  PAMay 23, 2017
Great co-workers, always helping each other out. Very relaxed environment due to being a small community hospital. Many workers have been employed well over 20 years of service.
Good Company
DI/HIM Film Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company for 15 years. I was able to move around the company to different location and to grow and learn. The people you work for are a great team in helping the patients.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
Human Resources is not to helpful
Phoenixville Hospital
Volunteering at Gift Box (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAApril 28, 2017
A great place to work if you like helping people. I only volunteered, but seeing everyone I helped had a great impact on my life. Being able to do multiple jobs is always a plus.
Pros
making someone happy
Cons
not enough time in the day
Not Compliant Stafff
Foodservice Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMarch 28, 2017
It was ok to work part-time.
Not all staff is encouraging and follows protocol.
The manager is nice and flexible for scheduling.
Sometime I don't know some of the management strategy.
Awesome place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMarch 28, 2017
Nice small hospital with very friendly atmosphere. Management is very fair minded and considerate to employee concerns. Employees are treated like family.
Pros
small, friendly
Cons
Loved that i worked on many different floors of the hospital
PCA/Unit Clerk on Maternity unit (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 3, 2017
I loved that I started working on different floors as a cna. I learned may things and meet many people that touched my life in the end. Truly enjoyed working with the group and staff in maternity they were a amazing group of people.
Interesting
Runner (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PADecember 19, 2016
The staff here were nice and welcoming overall. A few bad experiences with staff (ie. Doctors and kitchen staff) that made it unbearable to stay. Would not work there again.
changing
Patient Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 17, 2016
the work place changed now that we have new owners. our benefits changed. not happy about the benfits compare to the hospital benefits.

thinking of going back to the city to work. it does not pay to work close to home. it is not worth it.
Pros
Great place to learn for new nurses.
Medical-Surgical & Telemetry Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 8, 2016
- A typical day at work consists of caring for anywhere from 4-6 patients. There are many admissions and discharges.
- I mastered my clinical skills and learned how to time-manage during stressful situations.
-Co-workers are all very nice and helpful.
- Hardest part of the job is not having enough help (PCAs or staffing)
- Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to care for patients and their families.
Pros
Great experience for new RNs, There are many opportunities to learn and master clinical nursing skills.
Cons
Not enough PCAs and help on the floor.
Phoenixville Hospital is a great place to work. Had many wonderful years of experience.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJuly 28, 2016
Had 24 years of wonderful learning experiences with great peer reviews. Learned med/surg experience, pediatrics for short time, oncology experience and most recently Telemetry. Enjoyed working with coworkers. Management was helpful when needed. Most enjoyable part of my job was patient/family relationships.
Pros
Advanced learning opportunities
Cons
Minimal breaks
Horrible place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJuly 7, 2016
I always thought working for Phoenixville would be so great. Let's say after you are in you find out how the place is really ran! They try and pay you cheap as they can, 1% raises, no bonuses, no over time, low census you where ever they can. Benefits and paid time off are decent but everything else is horrible! HR is pointless to speak with everyone there is unhelpful! If you want to work like a sweat shop Phoenixville is where to be! Your doing 3 employees jobs and being paid for one! Over worked and under paid!
Pros
Nothing maybe benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, no raises, poor management
Inconsistent
Circulating nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMay 17, 2016
Great stepping stone job. Gained Progressive care, ICU, ED, and Cath Lab experience in 5 years. Inconsistent physicians, management, and policy. Patient population is diverse and appreciative. Opportunity for advancement is plentiful if your interested in management.
Productive, Always Moving, Fast pace and willing to work with you
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAApril 25, 2016
It was a great place to work until the hospital removed Sodexo out of business, the food was great everyone was so nice and loving and caring we were all like a big family.
Pros
Food used to be Great when Sodexo was the dietary company
Cons
Went down hill since new company came into play
Different backgrounds to encounter.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 20, 2015
Phoenxville is a good organization to work for. They are flexible and have a good patient to nurse ratio. They are supportive of your home life and will help you balance everything.
Great place to work if you fit into the work culture
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 1, 2015
Very busy fast paced work day. Lot of opportunity to improve work skills. Cross training is a must and absolutely beneficial to work experience profile.
Pros
Fun Place to Work
Cons
Limited Opportunity for Advancement
Insurance knowledge required
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJuly 20, 2015
Meeting different people. Learning the ins/outs of the insurance process. Developing people skills is a must. The job overall is good.
Pros
Free turkeys during the holidays for all employees.