Phoenixville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJuly 7, 2016
I always thought working for Phoenixville would be so great. Let's say after you are in you find out how the place is really ran! They try and pay you cheap as they can, 1% raises, no bonuses, no over time, low census you where ever they can. Benefits and paid time off are decent but everything else is horrible! HR is pointless to speak with everyone there is unhelpful! If you want to work like a sweat shop Phoenixville is where to be! Your doing 3 employees jobs and being paid for one! Over worked and under paid!
Pros
Nothing maybe benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, no raises, poor management
Productive, Always Moving, Fast pace and willing to work with you
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAApril 25, 2016
It was a great place to work until the hospital removed Sodexo out of business, the food was great everyone was so nice and loving and caring we were all like a big family.
Pros
Food used to be Great when Sodexo was the dietary company
Cons
Went down hill since new company came into play
Great place to work if you fit into the work culture
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 1, 2015
Very busy fast paced work day. Lot of opportunity to improve work skills. Cross training is a must and absolutely beneficial to work experience profile.
Pros
Fun Place to Work
Cons
Limited Opportunity for Advancement
Different backgrounds to encounter.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 20, 2015
Phoenxville is a good organization to work for. They are flexible and have a good patient to nurse ratio. They are supportive of your home life and will help you balance everything.
It's an alright place
PCA/UC (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 16, 2015
Typical day is quite busy. Lots of patient turnover. Co-workers are pleasant to work with. Most enjoyable part of my job is to make the patients' stay enjoyable for being sick. Least favorite is the incredible hard work load.
Pros
401K, Health benefits, great team
Cons
breaks sometimes are non-existent, and they only care about the numbers
Very convenient to my home with a great atmosphere
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 20, 2015
My typical consists of a running a daily report which shows me which patient I need to see with regards to their out of pocket cost. Accepting payments by phone, in person or on the phone. Helping to set up payments plans and resolving billing issues
Pros
Close to home
I enjoyed working there with my coworkers
Phlebotomist and CNA (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAApril 28, 2015
I would check in the Chemo patient when they arrived and I would take them back to the Chemo Suite. I would take their vital signs and take their labs to see if they were going to get chemo. I also would put the lab orders in and the chemo charges and office visit charges in. When they were dine than I would make their next appointment.
I also assisted the doctors and nurses in whatever they needed.
Pros
Working with Chemo patients
Cons
Watching patients pass away
Insurance knowledge required
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJuly 20, 2015
Meeting different people. Learning the ins/outs of the insurance process. Developing people skills is a must. The job overall is good.
Pros
Free turkeys during the holidays for all employees.
Under staffed
Registered Nurse/ Med-Surg Unit (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Nurses are overworked. Under staff...The pay is the average for nurses but they say that they are one of the highest paying facilities. Depending on your manager, don't look for advancement to another department. They are already short staffed and will not allow you to go to another department.
Pros
free parking!
Cons
under staffed - over worked
n/a
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAAugust 20, 2013
-Strongly maintained a 98% accuracy rating in patient registration.
- Greets and assists customers, patients, and visitors. Acts with a sense of urgency when dealing with patients and workflow.
- Confirms all patient orders with diagnosis and referring physician information including a legible physician signature.
-Expert in operating the following operating hospital, NAVINET, PROMISE, PROMED, AS100/HMS, which are used to identity, verify, and process patient information and insurance.
- Performs point-of-service collections in a professional manner
Terrible OR Management
OR Team Member (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PaJune 28, 2012
OR staff is ok for the most part however the OR Manager is rude, unfriendly and not a team player. She makes the work environment very stressful and supplies no sense of warmth, positivity nor does she acknowledge in a postitive way. Most of the staff dreads review time of the year. Not a good environment because of her in particualr.
Pros
nice coworkers, covered parking garage, nice addition of south wing.
Cons
small and dirty break room, management is abbrasive and unfriendly
Excellent clinical opportunity in a small community setting
charge nurse (Former Employee) –  icuJanuary 5, 2012
A great place to work if you like to learn new skills often, and enjoy being challenged with a diverse patient population. The acuity of patients varies, but for a small community hosptial a good mix to keep you on your clinical p's and q's. It's small enough to have a very homey feel, with collegues that become close friends. It's a very suburban town, with great dinning, shopping and entertainment. It's a very family oriented place, and the community supports that, but it's also great for singles with night life that is very diverse, and close to home.
Pros
city pay, benefits, parking free, covered parking garage, public transportation
Cons
primary care, not many aids or clerks, floors are spread out, lots of walking, rooms are far from desk
Best demonstration of teamwork skills.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMarch 16, 2015
I work with an effective team whose members each bring a unique perspective to the table. I learn something new everyday.
Pros
a great learning environment.
Enjoyable position, unsatisfying hours.
Unit Secretary / Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 3, 2014
With this position I am reassured to get many hours, and bring home a stable income. I have to work abscene amounts of hours though. It is generally a nice facility, and I very much enjoy what I do. Although, often times I feel unappreciated by some co-workers.
Excellent
Director of Social Work Department (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMay 17, 2014
Caring committed employees. Overall excellent care and treatment at Phoenixville Hospital. I love working for this hospital.
Pros
open and caring and attentive to all of their employees
Cons
no negatives.
Very Helpful in teaching me skills
Student (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAOctober 21, 2014
This location was great as a student because they did a wide variety of procedures and used many pieces of equipment which I have become comfortable with.
Fun work place I really enjoyed the co-workers and the work.
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAAugust 31, 2012
Phoenixville Hospital was a great place to work I enjoyed going to work everyday and had great co-workers.
Pros
free meals and great co-workers
ok place to work, co
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 13, 2012
the most enjoyable part of the job is the coworkers.

the management make the job awful - to competetive.- i hate it
the typical day is tiring for me
Pros
?
Cons
terrible health ins
Great Hospital
Lead Transporter (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Wonderful company to work for, staff is great. Highly recommended.
A day in Regestration
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJanuary 20, 2015
In registration I depend on the front desk checking in patients at the front desk and put in properly in the computer, so I can start registering the patient before he or she comes in my office because management only want us registering patience for 10 minutes. Our goal in registration is not having patience wait to long in the waiting area or register to long because he or she might be late for their test. While the patient is in my office I have t let the patient know about their copay or deductible for his or her test. The hardest part of the job is collecting a lot of money from a patient that might needed that money to get him or her by for the rest of the day. If a patient isn't able to pay anything down or setup a secure payment plan. I have go get permission from one of my team leads to get permission for the patient to get a bill mailed to them and sometimes I have to push people away because of it. The most joy I have at this job is get to know people and help people by getting the patience one step closer to getting the answer of their pain or medical problem.
Pros
health care is cheap for employees and you feel like you are working with a family.
Cons
you dont have all the knowledge you need to know for everything right off the bat.

2.5