Location: Irvine, CA
Reports to: CFO
Start Date: Immediately
Phunware is the pioneer of Mobile as a Service (MaaS) – the only fully integrated services platform that enables brands to engage, manage and monetize users on mobile. Phunware has introduced category defining experiences that challenge the outer limits of the most advanced mobile devices for the world’s most respected brands, including the NFL, NASCAR, CBS, NBC, Qualcomm, Samsung, McDonald’s, The Grove, Discovery Education, HomeAway and ESPN amongst many others.
We at Phunware are a team of top professionals developing next-generation mobile technologies that transform how people interact with and utilize mobile devices and would love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining one of the world’s most exciting companies in mobile.
We are seeking a qualified individual to join the Phunware finance team. This Financial Analyst (FA) role will add value to the financial analysis and strategic planning efforts of the company. Specifically, the FA will work directly with the CFO and GM of Tapit by Phunware to provide crucial analysis to help senior management make more informed decisions.
This position requires an equal mix of business acumen, financial technical skills and relationship management. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be very comfortable managing and coordinating activities across multiple sites, functional areas and time zones.
- Monthly financial reporting, 12-month rolling forecast and variance analysis
- Preparation and distribution of monthly sales commission file
- Support GM of Tapit by Phunware with strategic ad hoc analysis
- Provide weekly sales updates to senior management
- Review monthly cost of media for accuracy
- Complete ownership of the yearly 3-yr operating plan.
- Support accounting team with monthly close and vendor/customer relations
- Report full P&L for MaaS Advertising business unit as well as detailed gross margin analysis of individual campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience
- Extensive financial modeling and Microsoft Excel experience
- Planning and budgeting experience
- Familiar with full cycle monthly accounting processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work across all functional areas
- Strong curiosity and passion for technology and digital media
- Consistent track record for delivering commitments on time and with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills with a strong work ethic, no clock punchers
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Advertising industry experience
- Experience in the software industry
- Intacct financial accounting software experience