Phunware is seeking talented, creative and motivated individuals to support our software development efforts. Responsibilities include the design, development and support of software and business critical systems for our TapIt! by Phunware mobile advertising platform.
Phunware’s senior software engineers focus on developing next-generation mobile technologies that will transform how people interact with and utilize mobile devices. We’re fortunate enough to work with some of the coolest brands in the world (The NFL, NASCAR, CBS, NBC, Qualcomm, Samsung, The Grove, Discovery, HomeAway and many others) and would love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining one of the most exciting companies in mobile.
Engineers working on our Mobile as a Service (MaaS) initiatives are experienced with multiples areas in computer science. These include anything from information retrieval to artificial intelligence, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression and user interface design.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and quickly develop prototypes
- Develop web and server side applications using Java
- Work with product management to take story-driven requirements and implement them using Agile Test Driven techniques
- Work in an organized team oriented environment with shared responsibilities
- Demonstrate leadership abilities across the Product development team
- Currently live in the Irvine, CA area or be able to relocate to Irvine
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5-7+ years of professional software development
- 2+ years Java development experience
- Experience with advertising platform development (display or mobile) or systems processing high volumes of events per day (100M+)
- Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
- Track record for interacting well with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
- Responsible, organized and hardworking with strong communication skills
- Excited to work in a small and fast-growing company moving at a high velocity
- M.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience as technical lead and mentor to junior developers
- Experience with MySQL, database design, best practices and performance tuning
- Experience with machine learning and highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with MongoDB, HBase, Hadoop
- Experience with agile development processes
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Phunware is the pioneer of Mobile as a Service (MaaS) – the only fully integrated
platform that enables brands to engage, manage and...