Location: Orange County, CA -or- Austin, TX
Reports to: Sr. Software Development Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Phunware is seeking software engineers experienced in back-end server/database development, web service APIs, and preferably some web front-end also.
The candidate will team up with our mobile app development and creative/design teams to build the best possible mobile solutions in the world – i.e. you will provide anything and everything needed to help make our mobile apps successful and top-notch.
We create “category-defining experiences” and work with the NFL, NASCAR, CBS, NBC, Discovery and CW, just to name a few of our partners. Your contributions in this role will be highly rewarding. After all, how often do you get to show your friends and family what you do for a living? Ask them to install our apps on their devices, then show them how you’re the real magician behind the scenes making each app shine with rich functionality and content.
- Create and integrate with RESTful web service APIs.
- Write server-side code for custom web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in an organized team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities.
- Illicit and define technical requirements for customer solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or comparable industry experience)
- 3-5+ years of professional software development
- 2+ years development experience with Java or PHP
- 2+ years development experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong experience in building and consuming web services
- Developed with at least one web application framework (e.g. Symfony, Spring MVC, etc…)
- Strong experience with XML, HTML, CSS and JSON
- Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
- Mobile application development experience (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Worked with databases that have a large number of records (i.e. 10M+)
- Experience with information retrieval, network programming and/or developing large software systems
- 2-5 years of experience as technical lead and mentor to junior developers
- Experience with cloud delivery platforms, ideally Amazon
- Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
- Experience with agile development processes
- We offer competitive salaries, equity and our full range of benefits includes medical, dental and vision. If you are interested, we would love to hear from you.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Phunware is the pioneer of Mobile as a Service (MaaS) – the only fully integrated
platform that enables brands to engage, manage and...