Location: Orange County, CA -or- Austin, TX
Reports to: Sr. Software Development Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Phunware is seeking software engineers experienced in back-end server/database development, web service APIs, and preferably some web front-end also.
The candidate will team up with our mobile app development and creative/design teams to build the best possible mobile solutions in the world – i.e. you will provide anything and everything needed to help make our mobile apps successful and top-notch.
We create “category-defining experiences” and work with the NFL, NASCAR, CBS, NBC, Discovery and CW, just to name a few of our partners. Your contributions in this role will be highly rewarding. After all, how often do you get to show your friends and family what you do for a living? Ask them to install our apps on their devices, then show them how you’re the real magician behind the scenes making each app shine with rich functionality and content.
- Create and integrate with RESTful web service APIs.
- Write server-side code for custom web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in an organized team-oriented environment with shared responsibilities.
- Illicit and define technical requirements for customer solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or comparable industry experience)
- 3-5+ years of professional software development
- 2+ years development experience with Java or PHP
- 2+ years development experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong experience in building and consuming web services
- Developed with at least one web application framework (e.g. Symfony, Spring MVC, etc…)
- Strong experience with XML, HTML, CSS and JSON
- Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
- Mobile application development experience (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Worked with databases that have a large number of records (i.e. 10M+)
- Experience with information retrieval, network programming and/or developing large software systems
- 2-5 years of experience as technical lead and mentor to junior developers
- Experience with cloud delivery platforms, ideally Amazon
- Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
- Experience with agile development processes
- We offer competitive salaries, equity and our full range of benefits includes medical, dental and vision. If you are interested, we would love to hear from you.
Phunware is the pioneer of Mobile as a Service (MaaS) – the only fully integrated
platform that enables brands to engage, manage and...