PhysAssist Scribes Employee Reviews

A fast paced, tough, but fun environment.
Medical Scribe (Part Time ) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2015
I greatly enjoyed working at PhysAssist Scribes. The recruitment and training process is very rigorous but with determination and hard work you can make it through. I would say this was the most rewarding job I have worked at in my life so far. I was able to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals every day by allowing the doctors to focus more on the patients and less on the paperwork. I learned such an incredible amount in a very short amount of time. You are essentially shadowing the doctors during your entire shift and can ask them almost anything you would like to in regards to what they are doing. I would highly recommend this job to any pre-med, pre-PA, pre-Nurse or just anyone who wants to be in that environment and see a positive impact made on other's lives.
Great company to work for!
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2015
As a scribe, we follow physicians around and help them with their charts. We document the History of Present Illness, Physical Exam, Assessment and Plan. This helps the physicians have a more thorough chart and reduces the amount of time that they have to work on charts after seeing patients. In my time as a scribe thus far, I have learned so much about physical exams, medical terminology, bedside manner, and making sure that the patients understand and have good health literacy. My favorite part about being a scribe is learning something new every single shift as well as seeing smiles on patient's faces when they receive the medical assistance that they need.
Great experience
Scribe (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of seeing multiple ER patients. I learned more than just navigating and mastering EMR systems. I was able to learn medications to treat various diagnoses.
Great medical learning experience
George Boychev- Chief Scribe (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 4, 2015
I was able to obtain medical knowledge while working one on one with physicians in an extremely fast paced, level two trauma ER. Obtained definite EMR training.
Great Doctors
CTS (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2014
I was able to work with amazing physicians that increased my medical knowledge and made me love the ER
Very beneficial to future career in medicine
Trainer (Current Employee) –  COOctober 20, 2014
PhysAssist trains scribes to have medical terminology knowledge while availing prospective medical students of the opportunity to observe procedures, physician-patient interactions, and the workflow of medicine. The communication with PhysAssist is sometimes difficult, as the headquarters are in Texas, but overall a very positive experience
What you do as a scribe.
Training Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2014
I have had an excellent experience with Physassist and have learned so much. However, I have recently graduated with my bachelors in health administration and would like to receive more experience with the EMR.
My typical day at work is going into patient rooms with the doctor and taking his notes for him/her, looking up lab results and patients past medical and surgical history. I recently went to Houston, Texas for an implementation and seen what it was like in another ED. I have also trained other employees to scribe.
I love all of my co-workers and really enjoy every part of my job. The hardest part of my job is that in the emergency department you see many things and they can be very emotional at times.
Pros
they work around your college schedule.
Cons
you do not get breaks when working in the emergency department.
Enjoyable
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 10, 2014
o Work closely with the attending physician, PA, APRN, and medical staff
o Chart for each patient seen by the attending physician, PA, or APRN
o Understand advanced medical terminology
o Track each patient’s progress and need for either admission or discharge from the emergency room
Great for gaining experience in the medical field
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 21, 2014
The shifts were mostly 12 hours long and sometimes 10 hours. The responsibilities mostly included taking notes about the patients history and current treatment plan in their medical record.
Excellent place to learn for preparation in the healthcare world
Medical ER Scribe (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2013
Being a medical scribe was one of the best experiences I have had, and allowed me to learn so much more than I would have by going straight to medical school. Most Scribes are undergraduate students who work along with taking classes at their universities, and I can tell you that the things you will learn in the ER are so beneficial to future healthcare careers that the time spent working is worth it.
Pros
great learning experience of medical terminology, physician interviewing, common presentation of illness and diagnosis, and emergency room flow
Challenging and Rewarding Work Experienc
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 25, 2013
As a Scribe, one is assigned to a Physician or PA in the Emergency Department. This job is fast paced and demanding, but incredibly rewarding. One learns medical terminology and an understanding of the ED. Also, one is exposed to the fast paced nature of the ED.
Great Experience but very unorganized
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 14, 2013
Physassist scribes provides great experience for those planning to go into the medical field. The only problem is, it is very unorganized. You will constantly get the "run around" when facing problems, especially if you are in an implementation team. The pay is very low for what we are required to do and is hardly enough to live off of. The company is based out of Dallas, TX so it is very difficult to deal with the corporate office unless you hold a high ranking position within the company. The company makes it sound like every 3 months you will be able to get a pay raise, but this is completely false. They also do not offer any benefits to their employees at all, such as health care. I believe this is not too much to ask for considering we are working in a hospital where it is extremely easy to become infected with an illness or other infectious disease.
Very successful scribe corporation with young personnel
Certified Scribe trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2013
Every Thursday- Monday, new trainee scribes are flown in from all over the country and it is my job to coordinate and train them on how to be a successful scribe. This includes giving lectures on medical terminology, medical abbreviations, anatomical positions, SOAP notes and Medical Decision Making. Of course I can not train them to be physicians or PAs in 5 days, but I have had an 80% retention rate of new hire scribes.
I have learned how to troubleshoot an array of problems while serving as coordinator for the Scribe University. The hardest part of my job is in fact leaving the interaction with patients and doctors that I had while serving as a regular scribe. Scribe University Coordinator has forced me into an office/education setting in order to train the scribes before they are sent back to their various hospital locations.
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing each new trainee scribe go on to their respective sites and then return as trainer scribes, which proves I had an impact on their success and drive to be medical professionals.
Pros
free lunches, networking with various hospital groups and physician groups
Cons
working every thursday-monday, no benefits

Comment – June 13, 2013

So, as a medical transcriptionist I should not have any problems being up and running doing in this career. Would it be a good fit? Thanks!

4.3