PhysAssist Scribes Employee Reviews

A great learning experience for anyone interested in going into the medical field
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
It is a great place to work! I love the physicians and they make the work place enjoyable. I like that some days the job is fast-paced and others it is more relaxed.
Worst job ever
Certified Trainer Scribe (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 19, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 years. They don't care about their employees, no decent benefits and the pay is horrible.
Ok
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 20, 2016
This company has been making great strides to improve healthcare through its medical scribe services. Operation teams are great to work with and they like to have fun as much as possible.
Pros
Benefits, baseline hours, culture
Cons
Long hours, poor leadership
Local Shop
Emergency Room Certified Trainer Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 4, 2016
Island Water Sports in Lake Worth is the local hang out spot for all things beach related in Lake Worth, Florida. Get to know the scene and the locals.
Flexible Job
Emergency Room Medical Scribe and Scribe Trainer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
This job is very flexible and gives students the opportunity to gain experience in the medical field. Employees will learn a great deal and will be able to carry on their experiences when applying to professional schools in their desired healthcare fields.
Fun working and learning environment
Scribe/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 1, 2016
Gives you an insight into how the medical field functions that is without the glitz and glamour of how medicine is portrayed in TV shows. You interact with physicians, nurses, and techs who are all willing to teach/educate.
ER, fast paced, emergent, medical workplace
Scribe trainer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2016
Typical day at work includes seeing several patients, always depending on the ER census of the day, dispositions, procedures. I have learned a large amount of medicine including diagnoses, differential diagnoses for certain complaints, etc. I have built relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be due to short staffing and consistent scheduling. Several times, we would not receive our schedule for the month until 2-3 days before the month began. Learning the medicine and building relationships with not only the ER providers but consulting providers as well. Some which have led me to shadowing surgery.
Pros
Practically getting paid to shadow ER
Cons
bad management, poor scheduling, not fully fair workplae
great co-workers
medical scribe (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2016
Great company to learn from. Hopefully the company will change the no pay raise policy. Perhaps they should add PTO. Co-workers are the best aspect of this job as well as working with some great doctors.
Chaotic and unorganized, but fun culture and loving people to work with
Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 25, 2016
I worked with PhysAssist for 3 years and there has never been a dull moment. There is always something to do and I was never bored with my work. The workloads and expectations were too high for the pay/hours they were willing to give.

I truly enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with. It is a great place for people just graduating from college who need to build their resume, but not long term.
Pros
Culture and Environment
Cons
No support and unforgiving
typical
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2016
fraudulent, liars, sneaky, nepotism, not really intoned with the hard working employees, below market value for compensation.
Time Card Analyst
Time Card Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2016
Typically a lot of work, but a great environment. Company is very young with a lot of fun individuals you work with. However the amount of work you handle is not worth the normal pay.
There's always something new to experience
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 13, 2016
A typical day is busy, and you never know what to expect as far as the types of patients to be seen. I learned so much about medical procedures, types of illness, and how physicians take care of patients. As a scribe, you are part of the medical treatment team, and are baptized into the ER family through hard work, working long, hard hours, and experiencing things that the normal person doesn't get to. The hardest part of the job has been seen patients pass away; it's something that doesn't happen very often, but it's difficult to grasp when it does. The most enjoyable part of the job has been getting to work with great teams - physicians, nurses, technicians, and everyone in between.
Pros
Experience, references
Cons
Minimum wage job, hours
Flexible Hours
Scribe/Scribe Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIMarch 31, 2016
I was able to work flexible hours while still learning how an ER operates. I worked alongside physicians and charted the medical record. In addition, it was a great networking experience.
MEDICAL SCRIBE, Part-time, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, FLJanuary 24, 2016
This job is not about the money but rather about the experience gained. It is for those seeking experience in the medical field in order to apply to a medical education career such as medical school.
We get to work with great medical professionals at the emergency department of hospitals.
Pros
Experience
Cons
long-hours
A fast paced, tough, but fun environment.
Medical Scribe (Part Time ) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2015
I greatly enjoyed working at PhysAssist Scribes. The recruitment and training process is very rigorous but with determination and hard work you can make it through. I would say this was the most rewarding job I have worked at in my life so far. I was able to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals every day by allowing the doctors to focus more on the patients and less on the paperwork. I learned such an incredible amount in a very short amount of time. You are essentially shadowing the doctors during your entire shift and can ask them almost anything you would like to in regards to what they are doing. I would highly recommend this job to any pre-med, pre-PA, pre-Nurse or just anyone who wants to be in that environment and see a positive impact made on other's lives.
Great company to work for!
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 11, 2015
As a scribe, we follow physicians around and help them with their charts. We document the History of Present Illness, Physical Exam, Assessment and Plan. This helps the physicians have a more thorough chart and reduces the amount of time that they have to work on charts after seeing patients. In my time as a scribe thus far, I have learned so much about physical exams, medical terminology, bedside manner, and making sure that the patients understand and have good health literacy. My favorite part about being a scribe is learning something new every single shift as well as seeing smiles on patient's faces when they receive the medical assistance that they need.
Great experience
Scribe (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of seeing multiple ER patients. I learned more than just navigating and mastering EMR systems. I was able to learn medications to treat various diagnoses.
Great medical learning experience
George Boychev- Chief Scribe (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 4, 2015
I was able to obtain medical knowledge while working one on one with physicians in an extremely fast paced, level two trauma ER. Obtained definite EMR training.
Great Doctors
CTS (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2014
I was able to work with amazing physicians that increased my medical knowledge and made me love the ER
Very beneficial to future career in medicine
Trainer (Current Employee) –  COOctober 20, 2014
PhysAssist trains scribes to have medical terminology knowledge while availing prospective medical students of the opportunity to observe procedures, physician-patient interactions, and the workflow of medicine. The communication with PhysAssist is sometimes difficult, as the headquarters are in Texas, but overall a very positive experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PhysAssist Scribes. Our community is ready to answer.