PhysAssist Scribes Employee Reviews

Good experience for medical students
Scribe trainer (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLDecember 27, 2017
Fast paced work environment. You get to work alongside ER physicians and see how the ER works. It is very beneficial for medical students but does not pay well. If you start this job it will be for the learning experience not for pay.
Great experience, horrible compensation
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working as a scribe in the emergency department. It was undeniably the best experience I could have asked for, however, PhysAssist does not care about paying its employees a fair wage. Getting paid minimum wage for the first 370 hours of working there is ridiculous, and the measly $1.40 raise that comes after is not much better. For the work that we do, and the money that these doctors and the hospital pays out to have us, PhysAssist could afford to give us a few extra dollars and make our wages a little more livable. If you are looking into becoming a medical scribe, look for a company who actually cares a little more about their employees.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
horrible pay, hours
pay
Chief Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 24, 2017
You would only get a raise every 3,000 hours, not every 500 like other companies. Also, the raise was only 25 to 50 cents, no more unless you were promoted to a higher position such as trainer, CTS or chief scribe.
Pros
Medical experience
Cons
Pay
Terrible company to work for - does not care about its employees
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 6, 2017
This company takes full advantage of pre-med students by offering minimal pay in exchange for getting "medical experience". Essentially, they pay minimum wage to work unreasonable and inconsistent hours (expect to be working at 6am one day then have an overnight shift the next), with no vacation pay or PTO, little to no schedule preferences, and a strict attendance policy with little help covering shifts in emergent situations. They also pitch the "travel scribe" position as a unique opportunity to travel around the country with a number of benefits, but the benefits are few to none. When I first started as a traveler, they would give you your own hotel room and reimburse you for gas, but after a few months they implemented a roommate policy and they now do not cover gas expenses (I was placed in a hotel 45+ minutes away from my hospital location). They also pitch a monthly "travel stipend", however there is a price cap for flights, you usually don't receive your monthly schedule until 2-3 days before the start of the month, they typically don't honor your schedule requests, and you can plan on working 6-7 days a week (there were months that I was scheduled 28 days in the month). As an employee for this company for 2 years in very good standing, I can say that this company is very corrupt and I would recommend choosing another company/position if healthcare experience is your intention.
Buckle Up
Emergency Room Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXSeptember 6, 2017
The job itself is great for gauging your interest in medicine. The providers and nurses are awesome and personable. I personally learned so much and it helped me finalize my decision to purse medicine. However, the company itself is horrible. Corporate management is a mess, never answers any of my questions, sometimes my questions were responded to rudely when I did get a response, was never given access to employee preference portal. The compensation is laughable and the hours are crazy. Schedule is somewhat flexible, but it's almost impossible to call in sick. Corporate treats you like trash and could care less about your well-being. In their eyes you are easily replaceable. Coworkers are cool with a few exceptions just like any other workplace. This is a great temporary job, but I wouldn't advise being a full time student and being a scribe at the same time. Pay is about $7.25 (minimum wage) until you get over 375 hours then you get bumped to $8.50 smh.
Pros
Great way to get reference letters for Med school, PA school, nursing etc.
Cons
Pay and Hours
The hardest job you will ever love.
Emergency Room Scribe (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2017
You won't get paid much money, but the educational and medical experience you will acquire while scribing is priceless. I couldn't have made it through the first year of PA school without having had previous experience writing SOAP notes and listening to my ER physicians soliciting chief complaints and asking their patients questions. It is an invaluable education!
Cons
No PTO, no dental or medical benefits
Scribe
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2017
Scribe was a very good opportunity to improve my knowledge in the field of medicine. I really enjoy talking with the crew and the doctors. They were very amicable and willing to help me to understand some of the tasks that I'm supposed to do at work.
Great medical experience
ER Scribe (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2017
Needed medical experience for medical school resume. Working over holidays, very long hours, overnight shifts--and sometimes grumpy co-workers/doctors.
Pros
Got me into medical school
Cons
Fast paced environment with a lot to learn
ER Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 6, 2017
Typical work day is extremely busy with little to no down time. I learned so much about the medical field in the short time I was there, however, the pay in my opinion is unfair for the importance and amount of work scribes do.
Great place for starters in the Medical field
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2017
Physassist is a great place if you want to become familiar with the Medical field (mainly ER). It allows you to work side by side with providers and get to know more.
Cons
Scheduling issues
Just Horrible
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2017
If you want to work for a company that feels like a high school popularity contest, is extremely disorganized, and has poor management, PhysAssist is the company for you!
Not a good company to work for
Medical Scribe (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2017
I work directly with doctors and physical assistants. I document patients complaints, history, and treatment plan in the ER. The co-workers are very nice.
Would not recommend.
Trainer Scribe (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 9, 2017
PhysAssist takes advantage of students need for healthcare experience and has very poor compensation. The company does not have any employee loyalty and their focus is monetary bottom line. The physicians are amazing to work with and the experience is invaluable but there are better scribe companies or private clinics to work with.
Pros
Healthcare experience, great doctors to work with.
Cons
See review
A great learning experience for anyone interested in going into the medical field
Scribe (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
It is a great place to work! I love the physicians and they make the work place enjoyable. I like that some days the job is fast-paced and others it is more relaxed.
Worst job ever
Certified Trainer Scribe (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 19, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 years. They don't care about their employees, no decent benefits and the pay is horrible.
Medical scribe
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Presbyterian Dallas and KaufmanDecember 3, 2016
Responsible for recording the patient’s history and chief complaints, transcribing physical exams. recording diagnostic test results, preparing plans for follow-up care alongside physicians and physician assistants in the emergency department. the hours were tough but ability to learn was a plus.
Ok
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MONovember 20, 2016
This company has been making great strides to improve healthcare through its medical scribe services. Operation teams are great to work with and they like to have fun as much as possible.
Pros
Benefits, baseline hours, culture
Cons
Long hours, poor leadership
Local Shop
Emergency Room Certified Trainer Scribe (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 4, 2016
Island Water Sports in Lake Worth is the local hang out spot for all things beach related in Lake Worth, Florida. Get to know the scene and the locals.
Flexible Job
Emergency Room Medical Scribe and Scribe Trainer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
This job is very flexible and gives students the opportunity to gain experience in the medical field. Employees will learn a great deal and will be able to carry on their experiences when applying to professional schools in their desired healthcare fields.
Fun working and learning environment
Scribe/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 1, 2016
Gives you an insight into how the medical field functions that is without the glitz and glamour of how medicine is portrayed in TV shows. You interact with physicians, nurses, and techs who are all willing to teach/educate.