Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Great patients & great coworkers
Physical/Occupational Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LANovember 19, 2016
My job involved attending to patients and performing clinical tasks such as hivamat, anodyne, ultrasound, along with personalizing a patients home exercise programs.
A very rewarding career.
Physical Therapy Student (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 7, 2016
A very rewarding profession in which you have the opportunity to work with populations of all ages and characters. Compassion and willingness to help others are critical for success in this profession.
Uplifting and enjoyable enviroment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 12, 2016
 Directly assisted the therapist by observing patients prescribed exercise routines
 Monitored patients on machines and monitors while receiving or participating in therapy
 Assisted patients with stretching and training techniques ensuring proper form
 Helped manage laundry, cleaning and organizing paperwork for patients
Helpful staff, very positive experience.
Internship at Neshaminy Manor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PA 18976September 7, 2016
Typical day consisted of shadowing and aiding my CI in evaluation, treatment, daily documentations and discharging patients. Learned how to provide skilled care with compassion. Management was wonderful and very helpful always looking to help students/employee growth. Coworkers were friendly as well as, helpful. The hardest part of the job was leaving all the wonderful friends i made during my time there. I enjoyed my experience there and i am look forward to being in an environment similar to that of Neshaminy Mannor LTC.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
The commute was more than an hour.
Great auxillary staff and patient population -
PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 19, 2016
Good place to work in terms of patient care, one-on-one services, well trained support staff, and steady patient load. In-clinic management very team oriented, however, overall management lacking in execution and experience. Good, easy to work with co-workers. Most enjoyable part of job was working with the patients.
Pros
free lunches 3x/week, one-on-one approach with patient care
Cons
inexperienced upper management
Productive work place.
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  South Orange County OrthopaedicsMay 31, 2016
I instruct and correct patients on proper therapeutic exercises and stretching techniques. Perform manual stretching, athletic taping, and modalities including electrical stimulation, ultrasound and soft tissue mobilization.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Medication Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIMay 23, 2016
Passing waters, patient cares and toileting, ambulation and range of motion exercises, feeding the patients, bathing or showering, get ready for bed, nightly rounds
Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJMarch 20, 2016
I learned how to cope with patients. The atmosphere was enjoyable for me. The therapists were friendly and admirable. There is always good effort if you put your mind to it because everything will begin hard and eventually it will be simple.
this does not apply to me but i have to type something
fitness instructor (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 8, 2016
I have nothing to talk about really this makes no sense but I have to write it so I can finish my stuff. I Liked my job it is fun and I enjoy working with good people...
productive and the most kind environment I've ever been in
Aide (Former Employee) –  Del mar, CAMarch 3, 2016
What I really took away from working as an Aide in physical therapy treatment centers is to value my moment, at any time something can go horrendously wrong. It's great to live smart, healthy, and hungry. I learned how to build my work ethic from the practices of my staff.
Pros
kind staff
Cons
really cheap phones, low tech computers
Fun Environment to work in
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJanuary 24, 2016
A typical day involved checking patients in, keeping the clinic clean by washing the used linens, and verifying insurance for patients. I learned a great deal about how to make a physical therapy clinic successful and how to go about patient care.
Fun
archives (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
I enjoy taking care of technical difficulties. It was a very informative experience that i will carry for the rest of my life.
Physical therapy volunteer
volunteer, Southeastern (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 4, 2015
i was just a volunteer but i would have loved to work here. It was diverse, kind, and a good place to be. Great spirits all around.
US Navy
Hospital Corpsman Third Class (Former Employee) –  HawaiiAugust 21, 2015
I worked with post surgical patients that were also in the military and wanted to be there so they could get better. I liked talking to all the patients on a person to person level even most of them out ranked me and would not usually have a conversation with me. I learned a lot life lesions form those conversations.
Great Learning Opportunity
Tech/ Reception, Stephenville Sports Rehab and PT (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXAugust 18, 2015
I left the Grove Apartments because this learning opportunity became available. I wanted to work in my field that I was recieving my degree in. I want to work in the healthcare field. Being a physical therapy technician gave me hands on experience working with patients, learning how to rehabilitate injuries, and what exercises help with healing. I also am a receptionist there. I have learned about the behind the scenes parts of healthcare such as insurance, prescriptions, equipment ordering, etc. This gave me the opportunity to learn how an office works.
Pros
Lunch outings, Learning experience
Cons
low pay
Pta
Physical Therapy Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxAugust 18, 2015
Very rewarding work!
Helping patients achieve a recovery plan that not only helps them in the long term goal of health and happiness but helps them discover life without pain!
The best benefit is watching the process from start to finish and witnessing each patient take their live back by doing everyday things with out pain!
Pros
Helping Patients Recover
Cons
when business was slow
It was a good first job
Clerical Work (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJuly 11, 2015
My mother worked with her because her boss and my ex-boss co-worked. It was a good experience and it really increased my computer and communications skills. I wasn't a fan of answering the phone much, but it did broaden that skill for me.
Pros
It helped me expand my skills
Cons
Rather not say
Bring around elderly in the nursing, hard work but I enjoy it....
Nursing Assistant/Shower Aide (Former Employee) –  Bremerton WA BelmontMarch 23, 2015
Wow it's a lot...Being a CNA is a hard job, but learning about the year or living and the way. Its hard to put in words.I enjoy going to work in the nursing home to see , and talk to the resident.The
Pros
The people
Cons
Seeing no love one there, to visit there love one"s
fast paced
Aide (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 12, 2015
PT is a fast paced environment with a lot of upkeep. If you like to spend a lot of time with people this isn't the job for you.
Great team, great location
Aide, Back in Motion (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAFebruary 8, 2015
Very positive place to work. great team of providers focused on improving the outcomes of their patients. I really enjoyed working here. I found the environment to be positive and really supportive both to the patients and to the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.