Physician Associates Employee Reviews

Physician Associates is a good company to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2017
My experience with physician associates was very limited because I was only working prn. I was working with a nurse practitioner I did not have a lot of opportunities to apply my skills.
Everything changes when you get in the door
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Not a good company you want to work for. Once you get the job its very Micro managing. Training isn't fair.No real growth opportunities, its as if they put you in a position to not progress. Pay isn't up to average. They treat you like a child. I worked their 3 months and quit.
Pros
Its your typical 9-5
Cons
they have you cover up overpaid accounts whenever the head guys come in
Great place
Accounts Receivable Representative II (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 9, 2016
Overall this company was very good to me. The Owner really showed me the ropes and took time to make sure I understood everything. Have nothing negative to say about them really. I would work for them again.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Recession
Productive workplace with a positive environment
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2016
As a medical scribe, I worked for a primary care physician who saw 25-30 patients a day. I learned about EMR, medical knowledge, and patient care at this setting. The team work at Physician Associates was great. We all worked hard to ensure the best care to our patients. The hardest part of the job was to stay a top of the details in a fast paced environment. I enjoyed working with my doctor and assisting her in various duties in addition to EMR.
Productive and fun place to work
Basic X Ray tech (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJanuary 11, 2016
Enjoyable place to work. I learn through the years a lot of every department. Awesome people to work with. My second family, my co workers!
Pros
Free lunches. Great vacations and benefits!
job security
Phone MA (Current Employee) –  central floridaSeptember 6, 2015
In the office I work, there is Job security but motivational incentives are very scarce.
There is excessive work for the staff; if at least one more person was added to the team, there would be more chances for those who wish to continue to go to school.
Pros
Job security
Cons
it is hard to get time to go to school
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clermont , FloridaAugust 25, 2015
Rooming patients and taking vitals. Checking patients in and out. Collecting medications. Administration of injections.
Excellent assigned nurse, not much physician collegiality
Employed physician (not partner) (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 21, 2015
4:30 to 6:30 am - complete outstanding notes and review labs, diagnostic studies, and patient communications to me
Round at hospital from 6:30 to 8:30 on average
8:30 to 9:30 preview patients / schedule
9:30 to 4:30 see 15-17 patients
4:30 - frequent follow up of patients at hospital
Typical call : 1-2 weekends / month and approximately 4 weekdays a month
Round on Virginia Veterans Care patients (approximately 30)

Hardest part of job: ever increasing paperwork including covering orders for two nurse practitioners, and increasing frequency of denials of diagnostics and prescriptions from insurers requiring untold hours of additional appeal logistics

Co-workers
Nursing quite competent and dedicated
Fellow physicians seem reasonably competent on the whole, but virtually no collegial atmosphere
Pros
Excellent nurse
Cons
Poor quality of life
Great group of women
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 3, 2015
This is a great office with a close-knit group of women who really work hard to make sure a team spirit is fostered on a daily basis. They work hard to make sure everyone is seen in a timely fashion and that their need are met.
Great company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, flJanuary 7, 2014
Great company to work for and family oriented. The doctors are great. LOVE the patient first motto they have.
Pros
great.Physician, outstanding healthcare
Cons
wait time for patients
Great Job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 17, 2013
You get to know the patients on a one on one basis of all ages, keeps you very busy. Able to assist the physician in minor procedures. I learned how to give immunizations to patients, hearing tests and mini eye exams.
awesome place to work
Registered Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2013
everyday is different i love the people i work woth and the job i do. I have fun doing what i love to do.
Loved this place
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2013
Best part of my job is seeing life grow before it joins the world.
Productive and Friendly work environment
Referral Coordinator/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Roanoke VAFebruary 22, 2013
A Typical Day at work includes: checking patients in for their scheduled lab and Dr's appts. Verifying insurance information. Collecting copays. Checking patients out from their visits and initiating any referrals the Dr may request for the patient. Proceeding with insurance precertifications/authorizations for procedures's and test's. Co-workers are friendly. Hardest part of the job includes dealing with patients when checking them in for appointments. We have to verify ALL information. The patients get very aggrevated because we must ask the same questions over and over again no many how many times a month/week they come in for visits. The most enjoyable part of the job includes meeting new people every day.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
short break for lunch. no breaks in between.
Wonderful place to work, excellent Dr's
DXA Technologist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2012
I was very blessed to work for such a fine company for nearly a decade. My Doctors & staff were second to none. They were professional & always treated me with respect.
Pros
our pharmacuetical reps brought us free lunch. for christmas our dr's gave us perks: movie tickets, bonuses etc.
Great company to work for- Was like a family working together.
Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 30, 2012
From the owner th the cleaning people- all very nice to work with. Everyone very helpful with one another.
Pros
bonuses and employee recognition
Cons
company was bought out.