Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW-R)
Minimum 3 years experience
Buffalo, NY – Buffalo, NY
We are seeking Licensed Clinical Social Workers (with "R" psychotherapy privileges) to join our Integrated Care team as we increase access to quality mental health care through integration into primary care. If you have been looking for ways to address behavioral health issues earlier on in your patients' struggles, in a more collaborative team approach, or with an increased focus on both patient and population health, join us and help build this new and innovative model for mental health in the region! You can learn more about integrated care at www.integration.samhsa.gov. Along with the Medical Director, you will be the primary resource for behavioral health management within assigned PCP practices. You will provide direct care to patients and behavioral health consultation to PCPs. With the collaboration of the Integrated Care Coordinator, you will help assess, monitor, and improve the health of patients with mental health issues within a practice.
Specifically you will:
- Provide direct clinical care to clients and families for mental health services to include intake assessment, time-limited psychotherapy, and symptom monitoring.
- Provide ongoing behavioral health consultation to primary care providers for clients' behavioral and physical health issues as requested by primary care physicians and staff.
- Facilitate the development and support the implementation of integrated care programs within each practice site.
- Conduct interviews and assessments, develop treatment plans and expedite or coordinate additional services or referrals if clinically indicated.
- Refer clients to program psychiatrist for evaluation and/or pharmacotherapy.
- Provide caseload management for assigned clients.
- Engage in regular supervision and professional development with Medical Director, peer therapists, and Integrated Care Coordinator.
- Facilitate transfer to crisis or emergency services if clinically indicated.
What you need to succeed:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker "R" (LCSW-R)
- Masters Degree in Social Work preferred.
- Minimum 3 years providing clinical care and/or care coordination to children and families with mental health needs.
- Prior experience collaborating with physicians and other health care providers, social service agencies, and/or education system.