Registered Dietician responsible for in-office counseling of patients. The Registered Dietician focuses on the impact of diet on the member’s health status. In this role, you will educate members about the importance of diet and disease state and coordinate their medical and nutritional needs to help members achieve appropriate nutritional status.
Specifically you will:
- Promote healthy eating habits and recommend appropriate dietary practices.
- Interview members telephonically regarding their eating habits/dietary restrictions
- Identify areas of improvement. Evaluate progress of member toward goals and reports the information to the RN coach or disease manager.
- Research and develop educational materials.
- Participate in wellness activities both on site and in the community to promote healthy nutrition. This includes outreach to community groups at health fairs and community centers.
- Work at different physician offices
What you need to succeed:
- Registered Dietician license required.
- Bachelors Degree in Nutrition or Food Service Management.
- 2 – 3 years experience in a healthcare related setting.
- Certified Diabetic Educator preferred.
- Certified Diabetic Educator required within in 2 years of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License and willing to travel locally between offices.
Indeed - 5 months ago