Physicians Immediate Care is a Midwest leader in urgent care and occupational health services with more than 20 locations in four states and growing rapidly! No appointments are required and most clinics are open seven days a week, up to 12 hours a day, to treat non-life threatening illnesses and injuries.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Patient Care Technologist (PCT) (CMA/EMT/Paramedic) with a passion for customer service and patient care to join our team.
Working under supervision of a medical provider and as part of a dedicated clinic team the PCT is responsible for providing clinical care and administrative support within the clinic setting:
- Responsible for performing in a manner that is attentive, cooperative, respectful and compassionate when dealing with patients, visitors, and colleagues.
- Provides assistance to the provider with examinations, procedures, or other activities as directed. Applies bandages, dressings and splints.
- Collects vital signs and performs all ancillary tests and tasks (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws).
- Collects and prepares drug screen for DOT and Non-DOT drug screens, according to DOT guidelines; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
- Dispenses medications and DME within scope of practice; as ordered by the treating provider and in accordance with state regulations.
- Maintains supplies, prepares exam rooms, sterilizes equipment, and maintains cleanliness of clinic.
- Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Welcomes patients and visitors, answers inquiries and directs them through registration process to prepare patients for health care visit.
- Assists patients with insurance documentation and billing questions. Obtains required information for processing medical charges.
- High school diploma required. Certified Medical Assistant, EMT B, Paramedic, LPN, RN certification/ license required. 2+ years of experience may be substituted
- 2+ years of healthcare experience and Occupational Medicine experience preferred
- CPR/BLS certification preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage with care and tact when dealing with sensitive and confidential patient issues.
- Basic knowledge of clinical procedures, medical anatomy and physiology.
- Basic procedural skills such as blood draws, EKG/PFT testing.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time. Some bending and stooping is required.
- Must be able to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements.
- Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE