Physicians Immediate Care Employee Reviews

Unqualified managers
MA (Former Employee) –  Western suburbsSeptember 22, 2017
What this company needs is qualified managers in each location. They came up with a multi-site manager system that does not work. Those poor ladies, multi-site managers, have no experience/qualifications for a job they were given, have no idea how to handle their responsibility and the only thing they do is to add more logs. Micromanagement at its best! Staff is required to log in every smallest task performed, anything from unpacking supplies to scanning every chart or every UA performed! Clinics suffer from poor management, no staff, closed clinics doe to no staff, constantly running out if supplies adds to frustration. Seems like no one is supervising, evaluating those multi-site managers who do nothing but to drive from one location to another and then sit on their cellphones and gossip.
Pros
Not one
Cons
Unqualified managers
Not a company I would recommend
Management (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Extremely punitive environment.
no opportunity for feedback.
no acknowledgement of concepts or ideas.
very limiting environment and not pleasant.
Staff was great but the corporate structure is very weak.
Pros
Cons
Very unhappy place to work. No joy at work
Enjoyed working at Physicians Immediate Care. Great team players and work environment
Regional Sales and Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Worked at company two years and truly enjoyed the team I worked for. Plenty of support and feedback and people always willing to go that extra step. Great work place environment
Pros
Team Players, support and career advancement
Cons
Do not work for this company!
X-ray Tech (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 30, 2017
Enjoyed the type of work and hours in Urgent Care. My co-workers/providers were amazing but the management at clinic and corporate level is horrible. Continuously understaffed and overworked. Many 12hr days without a break. Consistently high employee turnover.
Pros
Great people at the clinic level. Fast paced environment with a lot to learn.
Cons
No concern for employees, Management does not care to correct issues, They simply let people leave and replace them.
Some Bad clinics
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  FloatAugust 29, 2017
Worked as a float between many of he clinics. Most of the ancillary and nearly all of the providers were great to work with. One of the South Suburb clinics was a sorry exception to this. The PCTs are horrible. Unwilling to do their job and will set a person up to make mistakes in hopes they will get fired. One has nothing nice to say about literally everyone.She even spreads stories that the CMO and owner of the company does not know how to use the EMR that is utilized throughout all the PIC clinics.
Pros
$20 provider visits offered to all staff. Lots of OT if you want it. Good people in most clinics
Cons
Little or no management skills. Managers and directors in some areas, stab the providers in the back in front of the staff.
Run as fast as you can
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 22, 2017
Long days with no breaks
Lazy coworkers who don't pull their weight
Lots of drama and backstabbing, if they don't like you they WILL bully you till you quit or are fired
You earn PTO but can never take a day off because there is no one to cover for you
I was assualted by a coworker and nothing was done about it
Orientation is a joke it's basically sink or swim
Worst x-ray job ever!
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Western Suburbs, ILAugust 4, 2017
I worked for this company for over 4 years and have seen a lot of changes. The most consistent issue I would say is upper management being totally out of touch with its employees. They do not care if you are over worked and over stressed, they only care about profit. As an x-ray tech I was forced to learn reception and MA duties with little or no training. Of course, I was not paid the job of 3 people, but was constantly forced to do the work of 3 people, often with no appreciation for my efforts. There can be cliques, but I never had an issue with being felt like an outsider. In fact, the relationships I've made with my co-workers was the best aspect in working for this company. The lack of leadership and support defiantly made this an easy job to leave.

I would rather work at Walmart then ever come back to this company.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper management and being overworked
Do not take this job unless you are desperate. RUN AWAY
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 10, 2017
1. THEY LIE. When you sign up, they tell you that "you will be just helping around a little with patient care". Reality is that the ONLY thing you do is take vital and sniff urine for drug test. And do front desk/secretary work.
2. NOBODY wants to train you. NOBODY. It is sink or swim. Things are shown to you ONCE and then you are expected to know them. |I showed it to you 5 days ago. Why can't you do it?" Even if you NEVER done secretary work.
3. HOSTILE environment. Nobody will tell you ANYTHING to your face. Nobody. The smallest thing you do - they smile at your face, say "oh, its nothing" and then HR shows up.
4. They are ALWAYS short handed. Which means you work at neckbreak pace sometimes. And of course, everyone who been there longer tells you to do stuff "because you are new".
5. Hypocrites. "Do as I say not as I do". The older, established staff is ALWAYS on internet: youtube, online shopping. However, the moment YOU do the same - they tell you you are not allowed.
6. There are no normal shifts. Most shifts are either 12 hours (and they do put those back to back for you) or 6 hours.
7. The environment is as corporate and as PC as it gets.
Pros
Cons
Everything except salary. At the end of the day I walked out and took a job with less salary
This place suks
X-ray Tech (Former Employee) –  Western suburbsJuly 8, 2017
Worst experience! From the first day nothing but frustration. No one wants to train you, no one to answer your questions, no one knows who is reaponsible for what! They push you from one clinic to another because they don't have qualified people to train new employees and in every place you go they give you conflicting instructions on how things have to be done. They all confused themselves and managers couldn't care less! They don't want to hear your questions, everyone for themselves, very hostile environment!
Pros
Not one
Cons
Hostile environment
Not enough staff at times.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
Radiologic Technologists are always multi-tasking. I learned a lot from Physicians Immediate Care. I became a patient care representative and patient care technologist. Very busy urgent care in Chicago. Not enough staff and no guaranteed breaks. Management was good.
Unprofessional top management coupled with inability to hire,train and retain qualified personnel.
Provider (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJune 9, 2017
Physicians Immediate Care cannot keep up with hiring and training new people; that along with very frequent turnover at all levels. The CEO came from Walgreen’s; clueless on how to run a medical business and its numerous clinics. The Medical Director is known for yelling at everyone for no reason, demoralizing the entire staff.
Pros
None worth noting
Cons
Top management
Frustrating
RT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 4, 2017
If you are reading those evaluations please disregard those from other states than Illinois or Indiana. This company doesn't have any clinics beyond those two states. The multiple clinics they have in Illinois and Indiana are run poorly, with no regard to employees needs of concerns, which results in a very high turnover. They can't keep up with hiring and training of new employees which explains understaffed clinics, early clinic closings and frustration among existing employees. People leave.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at this urgent care. I liked how there were many different locations along with flexible work hours. I liked being able to pick up over-time as I wanted so that some weeks I was working 60-70 hours. My main location was a fast-paced environment were we all worked together to deliver quality patient care.
Pros
Great manager
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 17, 2017
A typical day would be rooming patients, injections, blood draws, ekgs, vitals, assisting physician, the hardest part was all the patients we had daily, we had a lot of drug screens and work comps that would have to take care of the physical for the workers took a long time.
disorganized
MA (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 16, 2017
This is the worst place I have EVER worked. Very disorganized, understaffed, lack of good leadership. The organization is continually understaffed (gee, I wonder why) and begs MAs, RTs to take extra shifts on your days off and if no one volunteers they close some locations for a day or two. Training is incomplete even though there is an entire "training team" and new employees come even before completing their training.
disapointing
float (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2017
The entire experience with this company was very disappointing, especially the training experience. They promise a lot during interview process and then just toss you into a clinic with zero direction. No one knows what they are doing, no one wants to train you and no one knows who is responsible for what and your questions go unanswered. Total disorganization, very frustrating. Existing employees seem stressed out, unwilling to help or train and your concerns go unnoticed, ignored. If you want to learn and succeed in your job, don't apply here.
Great Co-workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 12, 2017
The schedule does not accommodate anyone whom would like to further their education and go back to school. The employees are like a family and you have the ability to learn a lot. Not much room for advancement
benefits
Cons
schedule, pay
Loved my job
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 8, 2017
Loved my job and my supervisor. Management change resulted in a very difficult transition with very little training in the new system and policies/procedures.
Pros
Benefits are great
Do not come here if you want any sembalance of a life or sanity.
Patient Care Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILApril 20, 2017
Orientation is a joke. The woman who trained me for reception had only been there for only 3 months. Policies and procedures change at the drop of a hat. When a mistake occurs they only point fingers and punish instead of training properly. Don't try and have a life outside of the workplace, they will be calling all the time. Nothing but a bunch of unqualified management wannabees running this place. Save yourself the headache.
Pros
One of the people have become a good friend.
Cons
Drama, backstabbing, unqualified management, poor training etc etc.
bad experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago South SuburbsApril 14, 2017
Not a good experience. Poor management, no life-work balance, no benefits or recognition, overworked. Long hours and understaffed. I don't recommend this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Immediate Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5