Physicians Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Meh
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2016
When I first started it was a enjoyable job. The last three years got bad. The expectations got to be to much. When Management changed so did everything else. You can't take time off at all for Doctors appointments you need to use your vacation time. Turnover has become very high. Benefits are okay. They use to give a Chrisrmas bonus but they took it away.
Pros
No weekends or Holidays
Cons
Under paid overworked
Bad place to work
Senior DB2 Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2016
Overbearing bosses that promise anything to get you there. Gave me promise of training in distributed DB2 & SQL server. Never came through, then after I got a good performance review and bought a house in the area, wanted to cut my pay or me. Nothing good to say about the direct manager or management in general. Bloodsuckers!
Pros
only pay
Cons
hours and bad/abusive work conditions/attitudes, liars!
This was a very busy place and the campus was beautiful...
Teleservices Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha NESeptember 1, 2015
I work the phones assisting members with their claims and understanding their policies. (Medicare Supplement). I learned how to plan for my retirement. Management was moved around a lot like most call centers. The co-workers were helpful as much as possible being on the phone. The hardest part was the salary were not very high and not a lot of incentive to gain more. The most enjoyable part is the job was very close to home.
Pros
The had a very nice food court.
Cons
thhe Salary did not icrease much...
One of the best in a tough industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2015
Good place to work if you want to work in commissioned insurance. Remember that there is no floor to your salary, no job security. You can easily have a negative income. But this company is among the best, treating its people like adults. The atmosphere is not high pressure, nobody is asking agents to twist arms of do uncomfortable things. My managers were excellent. The company provides leads and does not require agents list their 300 closest friends to go milk for sales. You are selling mostly to senior citizens. I would still be working there if the company was able to market well in my area. No insurance company does that well in rural markets with no large town in the territory.
Pros
Leads provided, good culture.
Cons
No floor to your salary. Be prepared.
Good Company
Division Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2013
This is a good Company to work for. That is pretty much all that I have to say. Thank you
New Business Clerk of Life Insurance Policies
New Business Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 24, 2013
Preserving older polices, while imputing new policies. Transmitting medical information for the approval of new polices. Strong customer service skills required for the telephoning and answering the customers questions or concerns on the details of their policy. Faxing or mailing the requested information to the customer in a proficient and timely manner daily. Accurately recording and sending out letters to the customer keeping updated records in the customer's files.
Good solid company with an A+ Weiss rating and a 97% customer satisfaction rating.
Life Agent/Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 18, 2013
PMIC provides agents with several lead sources, pre/post 65 leads, DML leads which are leads from customer and consumer inquiries. They also provide "leave behind materials" that help people understand Medicare and gives agents an opportunity to schedule an appointment.
Pros
free leads and leave behind materials.
Cons
premiums are not as competitive as they should be in the competitive dfw marketplace.
Busy, interesting work with wonderful co-workers
Full-time Regional Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Superior,WIMay 6, 2013
A typical day would be verifying information, answering phones and entering information for statistical and sales office employees
Pros
my co-workers and benefits
Cons
job security - constant company re-organization
Productive Insurance Company
Division Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing customer service to the customers of the company. They want to know that their insurance needs are taken care of and I can provide that support for them when they need it. This company was built on family values over 100 years ago and they still feel that sitting at the kitchen table is the best way to gain valuable information about your insurance needs.
Great place to work. Production work just wasn't for me.
Mail Processing Machine Operator (Production) (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2012
Was fortunate to work with the people that I met and my supervisors couldn't have been better.
Pros
climate controlled workplace.
Cons
short breaks and was teedious work

2.6