Physicians Mutual Employee Reviews

Fun job
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2017
Fun fast paced job. Great enviorement with a lot of opportunities to grow. The managers are great and so are the employees. Paid lunch and amazing food days.
I enjoy working with people
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work consist of researching insurance products to see which one(s) are most beneficial to the clients and their family needs.
Pros
I enjoy working with people
Cons
I am not always able to assist my prospects
You work hard and it goes unrewarded.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2016
. The call center rules different from all other floors. You need to go to the Doctor great but sign up for at least 2 hours of vacation and if your lucky you might get to go. You can't leave 30 minutes early and make up the time for your Dr Appointment or come in a little later. If it snows who cares about your life the call center is more important. You call in you are horribly punished while every other floor gets 2 paid days per year if they can't make it in due to bad weather or can leave early with no punishment. The managers could care less about you. They are rude and just care about making themselves look good. They do however play favorites as long as you want to be a pet. Some of the policies they sell are very untruthful especially the dental.
Pros
Cafeteria on site. Free parking. No weekends or Holidays
Cons
Bad Managers
good environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2015
phone calls to potential clients. driving to clients houses. if you are not a night person or a good convincer over the phone then it was hard to get appts.
Pros
good people around the office
Cons
health care not an option
Overall not a bad place.
Inbound Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 3, 2015
Strict work environment, but a great company. Quota's are difficult to achieve. Management is understanding. Training is excellent.
Friendly Workplace
Policy Owner Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 6, 2015
Great company to work for if you have an outgoing attitude and willingness to work with others and assist customers on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Needs more occurences or time to take off when you have a family
It has a great team environment.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 18, 2015
It has a great team and teaching environment. The managers are there to support you not demean or make you feel unworthy.
Pros
Opportunities for bonus.
Cons
Flexibility
Great Pay for a Call Center, but that's All.
Policy Owner Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2015
The pay was great for a call-center job, and having 3 day weekends every other week was nice as well, but that's all of the positive. Employees are micro-managed, and everything you say, do, and type is recorded. Your supervisor will have monthly meetings with you and basically remind you that you have 2 months to improve or they will fire you if you don't work faster. They will have meetings with you for not folding letters the exact way the company wants them to be folded before they are mailed to customers. They will tell you that you call customers to "inform" or "educate" them, but you are really calling them by auto-dialer to read a script that pressures them to buy insurance or to upgrade to insurance they don't need. The auto-dialer constantly malfunctions and calls people in Hawaii in the middle of the night and they cuss you out. The corporate environment is cold, and obsessed with status symbols. Promotion opportunities are rare, even for people with college degrees. They will force you to attend additional training and if you don't pass the high-pressure exam, they will fire you. Avoid the company unless you are looking for a temporary job.
Pros
Good pay, and time off every week.
Cons
Uncaring, micro-managed environment.
Great co-workers.
Project Control Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Business side of the house from an IT perspective. Business understood their applications helping accelerate requirements gathering.
Pros
Learned IT Project Management skills with developers through Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Cons
Multiple teams changing code streams on applications.
Great hours with great pay, friendly coworkers, good job experience
Teleservices Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2014
My hours for this job are only 8 am-12 pm with good pay for only 4 hours. I have learned more about life, health and dental insurance by working at this company. My management is good but not great. I love working with my coworkers as they are all very nice and help out a lot. The hardest part of my job is talking to customers who are in such a hurry or don't want to receive calls from us that they can be rude. The most enjoyable part is when I make a customer's day so much easier by letting them know that everything with their policy is going to be okay.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, pay, and hours
Cons
No health insurance, not many PTO hours
Great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  MadisonMay 9, 2014
Great company, great people, need to work into the even. Good pay structure for commissions.
Overall it is a great job.
Insurance Agent - October 2014 (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
This job is a great. The co-workers are great.
However, no benefits are offered.
Lack of support.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2014
I lived about an hour and a half from the Division Office so I had to travel to get trained. After They "taught" me some things about insurance they cut me free. The first time I went out, they sent me with an "experienced agent". Turns out the agent had been working there for 6 months and had only sold 5 things. I had to beg for more trained agents to work with me... Each of them seemed put off when they had to, until we sold something.

After I went out with experienced agents just a couple times I was supposed to do it on my own. For someone new to insurance, this was a horrible idea. I asked the DM for help multiple times, but only got pep talks and webinars. Do not work here if you live far away from an office or haven't done this before! They claim to have amazing training but lack in the ability to provide one on one time. Then again, this could just be the Kentucky division I'm not sure.

Also you have to spend money on a laptop and gas before you make any money.
Pros
The office coordination (handled paperwork) was nice and very good
Cons
Have to fork out money when you start, lack of support
Hard work but rewarding to help clients
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  birmingham, alJanuary 4, 2014
make cold calls, set appointments and then fit products with clients to make the appropriate sales.
A great place to work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 1, 2013
I reviewed all the jobs that were being ran during the day and night.
The Good, Bad, and Misleading
Agent (Current Employee) –  SoutheastApril 28, 2013
Strong company. Great Guaranteed Issue Life product. Good training on how to present the basics of Medicare to the senior market. A big part of their pitch, though, is how to "dismantle" an MA plan for anyone considering those. Also, they are very exaggerating of other supplement companies rates and inflation. The 2 big issues I have are:
1) As someone that is AHIP certified (although I prefer supplements as a solution), I am amazed that they can get away with the way they present the MA options. The way they "explain" those plans and the benefits are, in most cases, very inaccurate. Once the bad information is presented, it seems like the legend of their "evilness" grows among agents, and in the presentation to prospects. Always felt that the supplement agents should be held to the same compliance standard as those with the AHIP certification, given that they actually try to explain certain MA features and benefits, while mentioning MA companies by name.
2) The new agents are told that all other supplements increase by around 20-25% each year. In some cases, that may be true, but after enough agents in the office hear the "line", it simply becomes part of the presentation to prospects as a "norm" for all other companies but Phys Mutual. Given above average premiums, need to be able to sell value and company rating.
Pros
Strong company rating. Good GI Life product.
Cons
Feel like employee with mandatory conference calls, Training calls are less training and more cheering about beating another division, Private conversations among agents may not be private, Managers have a way of having extra sets of ears in and out of the office, Lot of distrust after awhile. In terms of leads, many time multiple agents will get the same leads and toes are stepped on in the field, Expect to have deals you are working on to be closed by other agents.
small company
Life and Health Insurance TeleSales Agent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2013
Worked has a life and health sales rep. Learned marketing strategy as well as sales techniques and customer service
Good pay for part time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NeJanuary 26, 2013
Good money, but you won't be able to have full time until a year or more. The calls are usually angry policy holders or you're dealing with calls about a claim for a death. Unless you're ready to deal with that, I would suggest finding a better opportunity.
Training and education is outstanding
Career Agent (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma CityNovember 7, 2012
The hardest part of the job is the reduced contact list as well as the cost of purchasing leads. Considered self employed so no benefits at all. If one can stay in for over two years then the renewal income starts to build. Need second income to make it in the beginning.
Pros
setting ones own schedule
Cons
being available 24/7 to clients
Competitive work environment
Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2012
Sales team was 100% commission based. We were encouraged to purchase leads from outside sources. Additionally we were all given the same list to call from based on birthdays of potential Medicare Supplement buyers. The largest obstacle I found was that most people are now on a Federal Do Not Call list. And those that sent in lead cards, often argued that they did not, despite the fact that you were physically holding their signed cards. It is a great opportunity for those that can consistently handle rejection and Physicians Mutual has a very generous bonus program and compensation. The management was encouraging.
Pros
good direction and flexible schedule
Cons
highly competitive market