Physicians Mutual

Physicians Mutual Employer Reviews

Great company
Sales Representative (Current Employee), MadisonMay 9, 2014
Great company, great people, need to work into the even. Good pay structure for commissions.
Overall it is a great job.
Insurance Agent - October 2014 (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
This job is a great. The co-workers are great.
However, no benefits are offered.
Lack of support.
Agent (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: the office coordination (handled paperwork) was nice and very good
Cons: have to fork out money when you start, lack of support
I lived about an hour and a half from the Division Office so I had to travel to get trained. After They "taught" me some things about insurance they cut me free. The first time I went out, they sent me with an "experienced agent". Turns out the agent had been working there for 6 months and had only sold 5 things. I had to beg for more trained agents – more... to work with me... Each of them seemed put off when they had to, until we sold something.

After I went out with experienced agents just a couple times I was supposed to do it on my own. For someone new to insurance, this was a horrible idea. I asked the DM for help multiple times, but only got pep talks and webinars. Do not work here if you live far away from an office or haven't done this before! They claim to have amazing training but lack in the ability to provide one on one time. Then again, this could just be the Kentucky division I'm not sure.

Also you have to spend money on a laptop and gas before you make any money. – less
Hard work but rewarding to help clients
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), birmingham, alJanuary 4, 2014
make cold calls, set appointments and then fit products with clients to make the appropriate sales.
A great place to work
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 1, 2013
I reviewed all the jobs that were being ran during the day and night.
The Good, Bad, and Misleading
Agent (Current Employee), SoutheastApril 28, 2013
Pros: strong company rating. good gi life product.
Cons: feel like employee with mandatory conference calls, training calls are less training and more cheering about beating another division, private conversations among agents may not be private, managers have a way of having extra sets of ears in and out of the office, lot of distrust after awhile. in terms of leads, many time multiple agents will get the same leads and toes are stepped on in the field, expect to have deals you are working on to be closed by other agents.
Strong company. Great Guaranteed Issue Life product. Good training on how to present the basics of Medicare to the senior market. A big part of their pitch, though, is how to "dismantle" an MA plan for anyone considering those. Also, they are very exaggerating of other supplement companies rates and inflation. The 2 big issues I have are:
1) As someone – more... that is AHIP certified (although I prefer supplements as a solution), I am amazed that they can get away with the way they present the MA options. The way they "explain" those plans and the benefits are, in most cases, very inaccurate. Once the bad information is presented, it seems like the legend of their "evilness" grows among agents, and in the presentation to prospects. Always felt that the supplement agents should be held to the same compliance standard as those with the AHIP certification, given that they actually try to explain certain MA features and benefits, while mentioning MA companies by name.
2) The new agents are told that all other supplements increase by around 20-25% each year. In some cases, that may be true, but after enough agents in the office hear the "line", it simply becomes part of the presentation to prospects as a "norm" for all other companies but Phys Mutual. Given above average premiums, need to be able to sell value and company rating. – less
small company
Life and Health Insurance TeleSales Agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEApril 2, 2013
Worked has a life and health sales rep. Learned marketing strategy as well as sales techniques and customer service
Good pay for part time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NeJanuary 26, 2013
Good money, but you won't be able to have full time until a year or more. The calls are usually angry policy holders or you're dealing with calls about a claim for a death. Unless you're ready to deal with that, I would suggest finding a better opportunity.
Training and education is outstanding
Career Agent (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityNovember 7, 2012
Pros: setting ones own schedule
Cons: being available 24/7 to clients
The hardest part of the job is the reduced contact list as well as the cost of purchasing leads. Considered self employed so no benefits at all. If one can stay in for over two years then the renewal income starts to build. Need second income to make it in the beginning.
Competitive work environment
Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 10, 2012
Pros: good direction and flexible schedule
Cons: highly competitive market
Sales team was 100% commission based. We were encouraged to purchase leads from outside sources. Additionally we were all given the same list to call from based on birthdays of potential Medicare Supplement buyers. The largest obstacle I found was that most people are now on a Federal Do Not Call list. And those that sent in lead cards, often argued – more... that they did not, despite the fact that you were physically holding their signed cards. It is a great opportunity for those that can consistently handle rejection and Physicians Mutual has a very generous bonus program and compensation. The management was encouraging. – less

About Physicians Mutual

Although the name seems narrow, Physicians Mutual Insurance Company offers insurance to a wide range of customers. Established – Read more