Division: Clinical Services
Department: New Patients
Work Site Location(s): Cary, NC
Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc., is currently looking for a full-time Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT) to join the New Patient Team. Primary duties and responsibilities of the New Patient Technician include, but are not limited to: reconciliation and review of enrollment paperwork collected during the home visit, preparation of provider medication regimen assessment paperwork for the Clinical Pharmacist, scheduling and coordinating of medication delivery setup for new patients, exhibits a collaborative approach to coordinate patient care, and proactively investigates and resolves new patient issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile and review home inventory data prior to clinical review by a pharmacist
- Enroll eligible patients into appropriate contract programs and document all program data appropriately
- Review provider responses on new patient paperwork, synchronize medication quantities to documented home inventory quantities, fill, and bill all prescriptions; coordinate delivery setup for onboarding new patients
- Record and categorize medication regimen intervention responses from providers
- Maintain a knowledge base of Third Party adjudications, Including: processing , Preferred Drug Lists (PDLs), Prior Authorization process, and insurance trends
- Interact with patient, providers and healthcare personnel to coordinate care
- Investigate and resolve new patient related issues/problems to ensure maximum patient retention
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDING CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZATIONS.
- High school diploma/GED
- Medication and chronic disease state familiarity through prior healthcare experience (preferably 2 years healthcare experience in a physician’s office, hospital, or pharmacy setting)
- Two or more years of managed care experience preferred
- Healthcare call center experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills and professional and customer service skills
- Able to concentrate and multi-task in a busy environment
- Able to maintain and display a positive outlook in transforming environments
- Able to excel and collaborate successfully within a team goal focused environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Present a professional demeanor when speaking to co-workers, patients, providers, and referral sources
- IT Proficiency (Excel, Word, Email,)
An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear for long periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Local candidates desired, relocation assistance not provided
Indeed - 16 months ago
Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc (PPA) is an integrated pharmacy services organization specifically focused on patient populations with...