Physicians Pharmacy Alliance

Physicians Pharmacy Alliance Employee Reviews in United States

Company Who Is Making A Difference In Patients Lives
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 7, 2015
Reading many of the reviews here, I get the feeling that a lot of them couldn't hack it in today's competitive business environment. Business is business and if you are doing your job, advancement will be provided to the best employees.

This company has come a long way in the time I have been here. Yes early on there were times when this company couldn't get out of its own way. A lot has changed. New management has been brought in and completely changed the culture allowing individuals who excel many opportunities at advancement.

That said, there is still a ways to go in regards to salary and benefits. Things are going in the right direction but for some it is just happening too slowly.

Bottom line, if you are a good employee, you can make an impact in this company and with patient lives.
Pros
Free coffee, snacks available daily. Management willing to listen now.
Cons
Pay, benefits
Poor Company
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 22, 2016
This company seemed nice to work with when I first started. After a few months I began to see the true colors of the company was as asked to stay for OT. They would often have mandatory OT making employees come in on weekends or making them stay late in order to catch up with work. During mandatory OT if a an employee was not able to make it in, HR counted it as an occurrence. This company does not offer any excused sick time off these days are counted as occurrences also and when asked about it by management I was told "PTO was used for sick time off." Direct supervisor changed not long after I started with the company. This company changes too often and loses good employees over petty things THEY need to work on. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Free Coffee and snacks
Cons
Rushed bathroom breaks. Favoritism. Poor pay rate
Good on paper until you work there.
Prefer not to answer (Current Employee) –  Cary NCJune 20, 2015
If you like a good schedule on paper then its fine, but from the day they hire you on as a "voluntary employee" they will be finding reasons to get rid of you if need be. There is no sense of team anywhere, and the management is clique-y and incompetant.
Too often we have to work on weekends, this is not what I signed up for. Don't apply here
Pros
work schedule, free coffee
Cons
Pay is not competitive and increases are near 0, 40% turnover for a reason, benefits are not good
Great people to work for
Patient Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 10, 2016
I had personal cheerleader(s) giving me constructive advice and always had great feedback. My typical day included making phone calls to confirm appt. with pt's, driving to their homes, and introducing our program. I've learned a lot about my strengths and goals. Personally I never had an issue with the company. I just wish my contract wasn't up soon. I loved it!
Pros
Great way to help people
Cons
Some environments patients live in aren't ideal to what I'm used to.
Great Place with great team
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 14, 2015
The hours are co-workers are great, nice people, overall a well rounded place to work. The company is constantly growing and makes an solid effort to communicate with the employees.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Purpose
Happy to Work Here!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 23, 2014
As a current employee of Physicians Pharmacy Alliance I can honestly say that I am very happy to work here. I believe in our mission and I think what we do really has an impact on our patient's lives. My co-workers are awesome and the benefits are great and very affordable. I previous worked in a retail setting and I can honestly say working M-F is a HUGE plus for me. Although PPA might not be perfect, I believe they are fair and hold employees accountable for their work which is something that I hold in high regard. I like working for PPA and I plan to continue to do so for a long time!
Pros
two guaranted 15 min breaks in addition to lunch, great coworkers, approachable management team
Worst Career choice but good stepping stone for income
CphT Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 4, 2014
The company started out amazing coming from retail pharmacy. PPA Started out as a patient's come first organization. Since the first of the year the company has changed their values and it went from a pharmacy to an impersonal call center. So if you are looking for a detail oriented job where you will not be valued unless you exist in the managements inner circle, with constant changes in policy that are not effectively communicated and managers who play favorites, but you do receive decent pay and good benifits with a consitent schedule then this is the place for you. I wish you the best of luck.
Great company and great people to work with. Unfortunately my position was eliminated due to cuts in pharmacy services.
Patient Engagement Technician/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 30, 2014
There was no typical day at work. Everyday I met new people and was able to help those who were not able to get their medications due to unforeseen circumstances. Management was easy to communicate with and I loved every day. Unfortunately due to insurance contracts my territory was no longer busy enough to keep me on.
Pros
every day was different/pay/benefits
Cons
lack of work to do and job security
Most unwelcoming/hostile place ever
CPhT (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 1, 2014
Benefits were awful and the excuse they used to pay next to nothing. They pay once monthly - even for the hourly employees. Very snobbish/unwelcoming/clique-y techs, team leaders and upper management. Very little support to new hires. They CLEARLY play favorites. Only perk was the free snacks and coffee as well as the hours (8:30a-5:30p).
Pros
monthly free lunch, hours, free snacks
Cons
hostile environment if you're not a favorite, very low pay even with experience, poor training
All around great company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 18, 2015
The decision to join Physicians Pharmacy Alliance is one of the best career decisions I have ever made. Everyone is so supportive and it feels like one big family. There is so much room for growth and development with the need to succeed. Not only is PPA's mission an admirable one, they really care about their employees too.
Pros
They pay for you obtain your PTCB Certification along with continuing education
Job that leads no where
Customer Service/Technician (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 16, 2015
No room for advancement; Low pay grade; poor management and supervisor communication. On-call required and horrible experience. Work load hard to manage with high turn over rate.
Ppa
Pharmacy Technician/ Patient Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2015
This is by far the most wonderful company I have had the privilege of working for! I have learned so much from this company and truly hate to be leaving.
Professional yet fun environment
Anon (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 22, 2015
I absolutely love coming into work. I love helping the population that we service. This is a company that truly cares about their employees as well as their patients.
Pros
Fun, professional environment, great snacks
Cons
Parking
The worst company ever
Pharmacy Support (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 27, 2014
This company is full of incompetent leadership. Management has their favorites and the turnover is high. This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Beware!
Pros
free coffee, snacks, lunch etc
Cons
horrible management, dead end job, no communication from management
The Job is average,
Medication Courier (Current Employee) –  NCMay 5, 2013
We come in to work and wait hours on in for the manager to get out paperwork in the computer,
Med's come in at 8:30,
Put routes in to our GPS,
Some days we start at 10:00am and other days after 11:00am
the average time to head home is between 5pm to 7pm, some days maybe at 4pm.
The hardest part about this job is the miscommunication between the managers and drivers.
Pros
Learning new territory
Cons
pay is beneath a 16 year old pay, I am worth my knowledge and my years of experince.
Caring managment with passion for patient care.
Patient Engagement Technician (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 24, 2014
Amazing company with an incredible vision. This is not a job, it is a fulfilling career.
Company that changed when bought out
Lead Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 14, 2013
Company change once bought out and the current owners did not hold the same values as previous owners. Prior to buy out PPA was a wonderful company to work for. Had great values and loved their employees.
Part time with huge responsibility
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 23, 2012
Delivering medication to seriously ill patients in their home
Pros
good pay for part time
Cons
demanding
Busy incoming/outgoing call center environment and pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 22, 2013
A position that requires multitasking between computer software/spreadsheet tabs and call volume.

2.8