Physicians Reference Laboratory

Physicians Reference Laboratory Employee Reviews in United States

Focused on patient care
Director Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KansasSeptember 27, 2015
The healthcare environment is one focused on patient care and all employees are striving to that end. The atmosphere therefore is one of caring not only for the patient but for one another. Employees at all levels of the organization are committed to providing world class service at a local level. A typical day is taking care of banking reports, monitoring general ledger transactions, preparing cash reports and working towards month end close.The healthcare environment is changing rapidly presenting many challenges. Keeping up with these changes was part of my job and very often resulted in interruptions to my daily tasks.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Challenges in the healthcare environment
Busy, low morale, no benefits and no raise
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas and MissouriJuly 14, 2015
I have worked 5 years without complaints. I realized the company did not match retirement due to loss of profit as they say and pay cut on 2010 from managers to staff. You have a low end of salary compare to hospital's. If you start as new graduates, it is fine but don't stay forever due to no benefits from retirement, health and salary increase.
Pros
Job
Cons
benefits, salary, and retirement
Physicians Reference Laboratory, LLC was acquired by LabCorp Holdings
Chief Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2015
Executive Leadership Team prepared the company for acquisition and stability of clients. PRL was a full service laboratory including courier, IT, Billing & Physicians.
Great work environment
Transcription Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 21, 2015
I love my job. I love where I work and the people I work with. This has been one of the only jobs that I have worked that I look forward to coming to work everyday. I learn new things everyday about the body and specimens and tests ordered for different cancers.
Loved this job at first...then resented it as I left
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2015
At first I really enjoyed working for PRL. That is when PRL was going strong. Then after a few years, BIG health care companies were gobbling up the little business. PRL is locally owned and operated. It started losing draw sites. Phlebotomist were overworked, never given time off and there was no understanding to what was happening or communication from management to the staff. They also would manipulate workers by using threatening verbiage if somebody need to take time off and there was no other employees to cover a site. When HCA bought my site they ended the contract with PRL. I was then told they had no other sites for me to go to. I was a loyal employee for over 5 years. I had only one raise during that entire time. It was the same for every employee there so I didn't feel resentful. I knew the company was struggling. I was sad to see my site go from a thriving site that had 4 employees to a single site that I worked alone for a year. It was sad to go but refreshing at the same time.
Pros
Locally owned and operated
Cons
Only one raise during my 5 years
Productive worplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2015
Customer Service Rep
Drew blood
Assisted nurses/doctors with blood draws
hardest part not sticking yourself with a needle
easiest the patients assisting locating veins
enjoyable job
helpful co-workers
nice place
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 25, 2015
Nice place
political people in some departments
very fast paced
weak communication
free lunch
flexible work shifts
lab needs upgrade
pay needs to be fair
Pros
management
Cons
department pay
Sell you lies...
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Leawood ksSeptember 20, 2014
They tell you what they need to say to get you in, when in all actuality there is no room for advancement in this company. they do not give raises. they do not tell you when you're doing a good job, but are quick to tell you when you are not living up to their standards. There's no such thing as a break. And will work you like a dog they will continue to fire people and not hire anyone and expect you to pick up all the slack while they criticize you for not getting things done.
Pros
talking a good game
Cons
everything i listed above
A great place to work and educated
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2014
I enjoyed my time at this company, I learned alot and everyone there was so friendly and willing to help,
Good company with great history
Transcription Coordinator-Anatomic Pathology (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 25, 2013
My days at PRL were extremely busy, as I like, having to fulfill all duties including all sendouts, client and Pathologist calls regarding requests, sendouts, results, among numerous other requests. I learned quite a bit at PRL including management skills, sendout ins and outs having helped revamp the entire sendout process from the ground up. The hardest part of my job was just having to fulfill all requests in an environment where all requests are expected to be fulfilled at the exact time of the request. I, however, learned the best prioritization skills. I really enjoyed the interaction with all the clients, clinicians, Pathologists, patients and colleagues. When I could make a patient's day easier in their healthcare problems, I felt I had done a great job.
Lots of experience with multiple specimen types and very fast-paced
PA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 5, 2013
In my 7 years at PRL I have gained valuable management and LEAN experience in a busy reference lab setting. I have worked under 25-30 different pathologists; working to meet TAT goals and bring about standardization.
great place to work
Registration Rep/Office Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriAugust 26, 2013
great people to work with. have fun while getting your work done, interacting with other people was the best part of the job
Pros
great team work
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Very Interesting place to work meet all kinds of people
Lab Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2013
Meeting and greeting patient all day long must keep a smile on your face working with the public. You are responsible for the collection of patient specimens in a clean, controlled and professional manner. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job is working with babies, you must have compassion for the parents and the children
Pros
flexable with work schedule for outside appts
Cons
short breaks, repetitive work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 3, 2013
Overall this is a good company to work for. Advancement opportunities are poor due to staff of all department NEVER LEAVE. There are veterans with 15 plus years of service.
Pros
company involvement with community;concerns for employee health
Cons
individual growth opportunities
A fun and professional place to work for also learn strong skills that you can obtain and keep with you .
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, Ks.November 30, 2011
I love working for this company I feel a strong self confidents with in my self I love boing phlebotomy work its my Iife I have learn once you have a good stability never let it go stay strong and faithful no matter what life throws at you it was a great opportunity working for Physician Reference Laboratory.
Pros
excellent health benefit
Cons
long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Reference Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9