Physicians Weight Loss Centers Employee Reviews

Great day, every day!
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Love working here, wonderful people to work with, as well as clientele! The owner is a great guy with excellent family values, and he makes you a part of the family almost instantly!
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
can be overwhelmingly busy at times, but they all work together to get you through it!
Unorganized Place to Work
Nutrional Counselor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 29, 2016
I was hired to be a Nutritional Counselor, not a Janitor, not a Marketing Director, a Counselor! I was expected to work by myself most days. First week I opened and closed by myself. Training was almost non existent. The owner only cares about the bottom line. No people or business skills. Concerned about selling products even though the shelves were bare most of the time. Loved my clients and a couple of the staff. The pay is horrible! Only gave it a one star, because that's the lowest you can choose.
Pros
Met some great clients!
Cons
Poor Management, Little Inventory, Unrealistic Goals
FUn environment with great, supportive team
Medical Assistant Externship (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Supportive team to help the clients in their transitions. I personally love seeing clients faces light up do to their success.
Worse experience ever
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 30, 2015
I wasn't here long, the company shut down a couple months after I left but, the owner didn't know how to run a business and struggled with maintaining daily. I was the office manager, I was in charge of paperwork, connecting with new clients, and maintaining the office. I liked the hours and connecting with new patients.
Pros
the hours
Cons
management
Operations/Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster, TexasJune 12, 2015
Overall great staff and management. Need a day off, no problem with that. Want to leave early, no problem. Would work there again.
Pros
Positive employees
Cons
None to speak of
Making a Difference in Health
Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 1, 2014
Worked one on one with clients to help improve health.

It's great to know you can make a difference.
Terrible place to work
Nutrition counselor (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 17, 2013
I was hired to be a nutrition counselor with front desk duties. I have no phlebotomy training yet I was expected to give injections with no training from the physician (the local franchise owner) who was never on site. I was expected to work from open to close by myself and was given no time for a break. Also the center mainly cared about selling products even if the patients didn't want them. Talking to the patients was the only good part of the job.
Pros
Cons
No training, no breaks and working alone
Great staff/ one of the worst owners i've ever met.
sales (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 6, 2013
PWLC in Columbia, MD
The owner is one of the worst owners/managers that i've ever dealt with.
The turnover rate is about 95% or more...
Caring environment
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 10, 2013
10 hour days filled with cold calls and continuous marketing. Learned how to teach nutritional programs and implement programs with education to clients.
Pros
no advancement in the company.
Steady paced workplace, friendly environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 10, 2012
New patients had initial blood work, EKG, vitals, measurements, body composition analysis, medical history, and diet instruction. Weight and vitals were taken regularly,along with review of food program; other procedures were done as requested by Physician. I learned to be more flexible with my work schedule. The hardest part was working at up to three different locations on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part was the general atmosphere with co-workers.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no possibility of advancement
Productive Workplace
externship (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 18, 2012
At Physicians I would do vital signs, injections, EKG, and phlebotomy. My co-workers were great to work with. The part I liked most was getting to meet and know the different people that would come in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physicians Weight Loss Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2