Physio-Control is seeking a Sales Representative – New York
For more than 55 years Physio-Control, Inc., maker of renowned LIFEPAK® defibrillators, has been developing technologies and designing devices that are legendary among first response professionals, clinical care providers and citizens everywhere. Our defibrillators set the standard upon which an entire industry was built. From the beginning, our product development was customer-driven. It still is.
We are looking for talented and driven individuals to help us advance our Vision: A society in which no person dies suddenly as a result of a cardiorespiratory event.
If you would like to join in our important work, please check out our website: https://rn12.ultipro.com/PHY1001/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__VT=ExtCan
Sales Representatives represent Physio-Control in a manner that is consistent with corporate strategic direction, policy, and our high ethical standards. The primary end result is the effective execution of our selling philosophy that supports company objectives and maximizes our value to, and long-term relationships with, Physio Control's customers. Within the assigned territory, the sales function shall be carried out in a cost-effective manner, generating the highest sales dollar volume at the maximum ASP. The Sales Representative shall be knowledgeable in both the clinical and technical application of all products in their specialized area and remain current on new advances, concepts, products, etc. Sales Representatives commit to the highest personal standards in ethical conduct and all skill areas, and strive to maximize the success of the sales team.
1. Develop an annual business plan that will be modified and/or updated on a quarterly basis. The plan will include clear, concise plans and strategies to meet annual quotas by product line. The plan will also include company resources available to Sales Representative’s (managers, trainers, other segment consultants, red carpet visits, etc.) and how they will be utilized to maximize sales.
2. Responsible for effective territory planning to achieve the maximum efficiency of time to service, develop current accounts, cultivate new accounts, obtain orders, and produce adequate sales volume to meet outlined sales goals. Major measures of this include the following territory goals: sales, expenses, maximized ASP and account penetration.
3. Maintain on-going detailed high-quality up-to-date and accurate account profiles in the company’s electronic record system (Siebel) that is in keeping with strategic account selling techniques. Major measures of this include the following: sales forecast accuracy, account profiling accuracy, competitive knowledge and frequency of entering information.
4. Effectively communicate with sales management and various departments within Physio-Control (Customer Care Services, Sales Operations, Marketing, Credit, etc.) on competitive issues, territory issues, status of orders, etc.
5. Communicate and coordinate with field service representatives, clinical consultants, and other company representatives to address specific customer needs and specific account management strategy where appropriate.
6. Conduct group presentations to customers for product and/or educational training in support of Physio-Control products and programs, as required. Be available to conduct product presentations and in-service training to staff and clinicians at various accounts, which could include all hospital shifts and may need to be accomplished after normal business hours. Tailor presentations and materials for specific customer needs and requirements.
7. Actively target all teaching institutions, where applicable, within assigned territory and ensure Physio-Control equipment is routinely demonstrated. Inform sales management of changes in account staffing, such as relocation of graduating residents, as they occur.
8. Communicate and work with other Physio-Control, Inc. business unit representatives to meet overall customer needs.
9. Submit accurate and timely periodic reports and paperwork regarding activities and results such as territory activity reports, market surveys, expense reports, etc.
10. Keep a current and adequately stocked supply of product brochures, price lists, audio visual aids, technical information, and other sales tools for customer distribution to enhance the selling process.
11. Maintain an accurate account of demo inventory in salable condition. This involves proper storage and care in movement, as well as proper record keeping. Utilize company approved loading devices to safely load, or unload, demonstration equipment when required.
12. Attend trade shows and sales meetings as required.
13. Perform special projects or duties for individual enrichment, self-growth, and/or company benefit.
14. The sales representative will at all times (whether at Physio-Control accounts, conventions, sales meetings, workshops, etc.) present an image of professionalism, dignity, and control, and conduct him/herself in a manner conducive to good customer or public relations.
15. Product training is conducted by the Sales training department with support from Marketing. However, the Sales Representative, in conjunction with the District Sales Manager, is responsible for continued education (i.e. clinical education tapes, study material, seminars, etc.) to ensure selling skills and product knowledge are always at the highest level.
16. Sales territories are designed and developed to maximize the position’s success in selling Physio-Control products consistent with management direction.
- A four-year degree in a technical science or business discipline.
- Three years of successful selling experience in either capital equipment or medical.
- Progressive position growth as measured by positions, territory size or sales results.
- Recent track record or top 10% sales performance for sales force over 15 representatives or top 5% performance for sales force under 14 representatives.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the sales process and ethical business practices.
- Proven ability to provide and deliver excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to develop both internal and external long-term customer relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of time and territory management skills/techniques.
- Proven track record of understanding customer needs, requirements, and objections.
- Prior experience developing successful territory business plans.
- Proven skills in working independently inclusive of self-motivation, organization and training/education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills inclusive of the ability to work with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Proven ability to analyze sales data from a variety of sources.
- Strong skills in using computers, Windows operating systems and most common office software application.
- Prior experience using customer relationship management automation systems.
- Ability to quickly understand technology and information systems.
- Present a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional and cross-company representatives.
- Ability to work out of a home office.
- Possess a strong commitment to company values.
- Six years of recent successful selling experience.
- Consistent track record of top 5% performance.
- Prior knowledge or experience using Siebel.
- Successful completion of a course in Strategic Account Selling.
- Demonstrated record of continuous learning.
- Knowledge or use of information systems.
- Clean recent driving record
- The Sales Representative reports to a District Sales Manager.
- Frequent travel 60-70% of the time inclusive of overnight stays and weekends.