Physiotherapy Associates

Physiotherapy Associates Employee Reviews

Not Terrible But Not Great
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 14, 2016
Check in patients, insurance verification, many other minor tasks at front desk.

Depending on location you might be responsible for a level of patient care. If this is the case be ready for many many many interuptions to your front desk duties.

Direct management is of course wildly different from office to office. I felt that the corporate management had very little to do with me. They felt like an ominous big brother presence extracting maximal value and not a benevolent business looking out for their employees.

Co-workers were the best part of the job but once again that is different from place to place.

Hardest part of the job is the constant hen pecking of small tasks with the inevitable interruption. VERY SECRETARIAL.

I would recommend working for this company only as a means to an end. Work experience. I would not recommend working for this company long term.
Patient Services Administrator
Patient Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 29, 2016
Upper management from POSI was great. Pay was average. Money was not worth the stress of constantly being yelled at by a coworker and my facility director not doing anything about it because the coworker was the reason we made the budget every month. The facility director was also constantly late for work by 2 or more hours and making his patients wait. I ended up taking the heat from the patients to cover for him. He would also make me to do things that were his responsibility then take credit from his supervisor for doing it himself. Work load was heavy and not well supported. We were expected to teach ourselves how to do the job. Sink or swim techniques. I was sad to leave because I never thought things woud get as bad as they did. It was very disappointing.
Pros
Good upper management.
Cons
Facility director had no management skills
Underpaid and the training sucks
Patient Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 13, 2015
Physiotherapy Associates (Banyan Tree and Integrity) expects one person to perform a 4 persons job. The companies uses a incentive plan to avoid giving raises, The incentive plan for the PSM have to meet their goals for the quarter, but if the clinic doesn’t meet their budget then the PSM will not get their incentive. The training is Horrible as you get two days with a non trainer who doesn’t know how to gather information and details to provide to the new employees. You have multiple systems and so many small pieces, which they expect you to learn in a 2 day span. The management are all former PT’s with no business since or management skills. I would not RECOMMEND anyone to work for this company. BE AWARE OF THEM!!!!
Pros
No Weekends
Poor management, terrible culture, don't work here
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILOctober 23, 2015
Physiotherapy Associates expects one person to perform a 4 persons job. Awful pay for a rediculous amount of responsibilities with a .34 pay raise after 2 1/2 years! The company uses an incentive plan to avoid giving raises, The incentive plan for the PSM is they have to meet their goals for the quarter, but if the clinic doesn’t meet their budget then the PSM will not get their incentive. The training is awful as you get two days with a trainer then you are basically on your own. You have multiple systems and so many small pieces, which they expect you to learn in a 2 day span. IT is terrible with some sort of systems crash on a daily basis. And off-site billing department is a complete disaster. Management is a revolving door and clinic director acts like it's her own personal club and if you're not in her club you are gone. I would not RECOMMEND anyone to work for this company. BE AWARE OF THEM!!!!
Pros
Wonderful therapists
Cons
You're paying me how much to do what???
good atmosphere
File Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 21, 2016
fun place, nice people, good management, growth opportunities, the most enjoyable part is free food:)
excellent benefits
not goot to employees
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, WASeptember 3, 2016
They don't like to give pay increases. They want you to work like a dog with no increase. Yes they offer bonuses that are completely in possible to get so never count on getting them. About every 6 MO to a year they have "new owners " and everything changes.. just over bad!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
see above
joke
PRN PTA (Former Employee) –  EastAugust 5, 2016
poor management, little if any communication, cannot retain staff and the front desk people, AKA Patient Service Managers, think they run the place. never give a front desk person any job title with the word MANAGER in it!
Pros
nationwide. not all markets are this bad.
Cons
too many to mention
Flexible company for the working Mom
Credentialing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 16, 2016
During the acquisition things Became different and the communication with different departments became difficult. The Credentialing that was being performed was changed and we no longer were in control. Was redirected to a new department.
Pros
Great accommodation for work space
Cons
Healthcare could be better
a fun group of people to work with
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CAJuly 6, 2016
I have had a wonderful time working at Physiotherapy. my co-workers and the patients made the days just fly bye. the hardest part of the job was clocking in and out. they gave us no grace period. that is very hard to clock in and out on time when you work with people. I would get a penalty for clocking in and out late because I was busy with a patient.
Pros
my co-workers and the patients
Cons
clocking in and out with no grace period
Worst Place I have ever worked!
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 18, 2016
Be ware patient service specialists. Nothing is ever enough. I watched my manager edit my overtime off my timecard. Coworkers and patients were awesome. Management is horrible. Training is horrible. They don't give a rat's behind about you!
Great place to work!
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OhioNovember 16, 2015
Before taking this position I read a review about the location that I am now working at and it couldn't be further from the truth. Truth is Physio Dublin is a wonderful place to work. I will try to touch on key points that were previously mentioned. I was trained for 7 days at another location and was given all the tools and information needed to do my job. I was made to feel both important and comfortable, everyone was so nice and always willing to help with anything I needed. On my last day of training I was introduced to two ladies whom I could call anytime should I need help with anything. They also arranged for someone to come in from out of town and assist me with extra training and help getting everything organized to suit both my needs and the needs of the company. There is a lot of work, however it is a job and all jobs require you to work. I enjoy working here so much I almost forget it is a job, the PT's are great, the director of my clinic in Dublin is great and the company provides you with everything you need to be successful in your position. I love how everyone is valued and included in the day to day activities. It really does feel like you are part of a family with a common goal. To me loving what you are doing is the most important thing because if you do everything else falls into place.
Pros
The upbeat atmosphere, great benefits package, good hours with no weekends and co-workers are just wonderful
Cons
We can't wear scrubs
Good Company
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNNovember 3, 2016
Enjoy this company - still currently employed. Newly acquired by Select Medical. Love my work location. Not sure what else to write.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 7, 2015
Working with this company can be challenging and rewarding. Great benefits and decent pay compensation. Management was very supportive.
Pros
Fun work place with supportive management
Cons
Can say anything bad about this company
Not a Great Place To Work
Patient Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GaAugust 25, 2015
Compensation is horrible. If you are looking for work experience then this is a great place to gain the experience. You will always be Overworked and Underpaid. The manager is horrible. She never has time and gets frustrated with her front office. She is not a good leader.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Compensation, salary, management
Continued to learn new duties once I came back to Physio from Inventrus Knowledge Solutions.
File Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNMay 20, 2016
Added new information to the system as requested by our clinics. Added new CPT/supply codes, diagnosis codes, resolved claim edit issues so claims would bill out. Compiled spreadsheets of data entered into the system for reporting purposes.
Pros
Always knew what my duties were.
Cons
Worked remotely, so didn't know my co-workers.
Patient account rep, Full time (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 26, 2014
A typical day at work included taking incoming calls as well as calling our patients to collect on their bills. Sending out statements of bills, explaining the bills and calling insurance companies for benefits and coverage. I also learned reception work and some physical therapy insight. This was my first job in the field right after college so I learned a lot. My management team was great and my coworkers as well. We all made a great team at the end of every day. The hardest part of my job was trying to explain the bills to the patients and help them understand. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning every day, being given the opportunity to do the billing and front desk and seeing all of the thing I accomplished after my two years there.
Pros
Awesome Team, Learned a lot
Good for experience
Rehabilitation technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2016
Good job with nice people especially if interested in PT. Pay could be much better.Sometimes had to work 13 hours shifts with one 30 min break.
Pros
experience, patients
Cons
sometimes no breaks, working multiple positions at one time
Best Culture!
Regional Sales Manager-East Region (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 13, 2016
I loved working with the East Region Team, we worked hard to achieve our goals and have doing it everyday.

Most enjoyable part of my job was leading a successful and energetic sales team. I loved being a mentor for my team and I enjoyed sharing new ideas.
Fun enviroment to work and learn.
Rehab Aide/Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 29, 2016
Clock in, check in patients, fax patient documents to doctors, update documentation system, help patients with exercises, collect copay, laundry, general housekeeping, and answer phones
Pros
Gaining Knowledge in Anatomy and Physiology
Cons
Pay and Hours
OK work environment
Administration (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 25, 2016
Physio has a decent work environment and is an OK place to work although there is not much room for career advancement. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend this company to any prospective candidate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Physiotherapy Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9