Physiotherapy Associates

Physiotherapy Associates Employer Reviews

Loved the job and the gaining experience
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2013
There wasnt a day that I didnt like working for Physiotherapy Associates. The clinic I worked for was great and the therapist were excellent at what they do.
great customers
Clinic Business Manager / Patient Services Manager (Former Employee), johns creek, gaNovember 11, 2013
Pros: meet the customers
Cons: supervision sucks
data entry, customer service, front desk, supply desk, ordering supplies and inventory, reports,
Big accounting practice issues causing huge problems with "bonuses", productivity, and company culture
Clinic Director and Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 3, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: terrible/ illegal accounting practices, corporate structure
Physio is just a brand name, the equity corporate partnerships that actually own the company can cause huge clinical disruption. After they just recently filed for chapter 11, they finally found the discrepancies in accounting practices.

As a clinic director, I've told my multi-site manager / area manager multiple times about the discrepancies in accounting – more... practices for nearly one year. They knew about the illegal practices and did nothing!

If I were you, I would stay away from this company until they resolve their legal issues. – less
great professional staff
Clinic Business Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: pay
enjoyed my work there...long hours....the pay at this time for my pervious position has decreased
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Services Manager (Former Employee), MarylandSeptember 3, 2013
Wonderful group of people. Very easy to get along with and very flexible. Lots to learn about health insurance companies and their policies. There is always something new to learn each day.
Productive.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, ILAugust 23, 2013
Physiotherapy taught me very effective clerical and reception skills.
Very stressful enviroment but fun people to work with
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: long lunches, benefits, pay
My typical day at work consisted of getting things ready for each therapist so that they could see their patients. I learned to be more patient with people with little knowledge to their job. My co workers were fun (the 8 therapists that I worked with). The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. My most enjoyable time of my job there was – more... the head therapist. She and I got along great and always had fun things for me to do while working. – less
Very stressful enviroment but fun people to work with
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: long lunches, benefits, pay
Productive and fun work place with a bonus package
City Business Coordinator (Former Employee), South Florida, FLAugust 8, 2013
Pros: bonus and yearly retreats
Cons: slow response from upper management
Traveling to offices
Train staff
Balance daily, weekly and monthly reports
Horrible!!!!
PSM! (Former Employee), Tampa,FlaAugust 7, 2013
Pros: bad!
Cons: bad1
I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy! Constantly being questioned by your boss who is NEVER there & Put's all the work on you. No team players!
Great place to work with supportive management
MULTISITE CLINIC MANAGER, CECILTON, ELKTON, GALENA (Current Employee), North East, MDJuly 30, 2013
Excellent company to work for with opportunity for career advancement. Great internal CEUs.
Caring therapists
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee), GAJuly 21, 2013
Like to see patients leave with a smile on their face.
Calm atmosphere in which patients can talk to each other and to the therapists.
Boss is macro-manager
the hardest part of the job is not being able to fit a patient on the schedule where he/she wants to be.
the most enjoyable part of the job is having the patient leave with a smile and feeling better.
A good place to work with benefits
Business Manager/Group Business Manager (Former Employee), Rohnert Park, CA and Windsor, CAJune 5, 2013
I learned a lot working at Physiotherapy about office management and customer service. I worked with some wonderful people.
I enjoyed meeting different people everyday and hearing their stories.
The hardest part is our office having to close due to lack of business and after many years of service with this company, my seniority was not applicable.
Productive and fun place to work with fun Business lunches
Payment Poster/Account Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIApril 24, 2013
When I worked at Physiotherapy Associates my days where challenging but fun. I looked forward to going to work everyday. I liked the fact that I was always being pushed to the limit because it proved to me how much I could really do. The management was good and I worked with them as an account manager. My co-workers were always fun and positive to be – more... around. We really had a great team, The hardest part of the job was that I always raced against the clock but the enjoyable part was that I always won. There was so much satisfaction in successfully fulfilling my job duties everyday. – less
Bad place
Patient Service Manager/Rehab Aide (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 24, 2013
Pros: patients are awesome
Cons: pay rate suck, health insurance suck
I use to work there as a patient service manager for 4 years, bad hours, low pay for so much work and childish management. They ask your opinions then get offended..poor company, no flexibilty. Clinic directot always passing her work to the PSM.for no raise or bonus.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Bessemer, ALMarch 28, 2013
Pros: helping clients to feel that their care always was number 1 priority
Cons: office closed
Being the office manager was great. Working with the public a plus for me.
Not recommended
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHMarch 24, 2013
Pros: health care, pay rate
Cons: lack of orientation, supervision
This company provided excellent benefits package and I was allowed to work autonomously. I was promised an onsite visit however and never had that happen. In the end I was told I would have a performance review yet my supervisor had never seen me work. I left to return to doing PRN work and be a stay at home Mom. Since then, I learned my supervisor – more... is no longer at this location. – less
I was treated better as a grocery store clerk! Worst job I've ever had!!!
PT (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay AreaMarch 15, 2013
Cons: better than no job, i suppose
Management demands 100% productivity with no administrative time. No con ed. No raises. No productivity bonus even though you just treated 18+ patients/day. Lowest contribution to medical benefits I've ever seen for such a large corporation. If you ever happen to have a cancellation they expect you to you drive to a doctor's office to do marketing. – more... 100% productivity until you drop dead.

Common refrain: "This isn't an hourly job; this is a 'salaried position'."

Burnout by 6 months if not sooner. AVOID!!! – less
Maybe a good job for a student???
PT Tech / Front Desk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2013
Not enough money and not enough responsibilities. Probably a better part time job.
Money Focused and Number Focused. Patients and Staff Disregarded
Clinical Director (Former Employee), Southern DelawareFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: if you're in a clinic that is extremely busy and very productive you do get some autonomy
Cons: numbers, money, money. no advancements, no raises, benefit package declines yearly.
I worked with an excellent team of people at two different Physio Clinics in Southern Delaware. As the Clinic Director I liked the staff and the patient population but overall the company continued to go downhill for the 3 year period I was there 2010-2013. The AVP and Multi-Site Directors for Delaware are OBSESSED with numbers, numbers, numbers....it's – more... all about maximizing the # of visits you can generate (even though you have very little control over this and their marketing is less than pathetic). Clinicians are STRONGLY encouraged to NEVER ever discharge a patient unless your numbers are stellar and you can "justify" your DC rationale. This is just one prime example of how they have no regard for patient care and a total disrespect for the PT's professional discretion. Raises are very rare if at all. There is a bonus structure but they make it harder and harder to achieve by "adjusting" your budget and goals every year and they change the parameters of how you achieve your bonus whenever they feel like it. I could go on but....... I think different regions function differently & some areas are probably okay. I would definitely caution anyone before signing on in Southern, DE. In addition to the above, you would be forced to deal with a true narcisist who is a bully & believes interrogations are the most effective form of communication....it gets old quickly. Did I mention that the same "team" of upper management advocates a 5-7 minute generic evaluation and then defers the treatment plan to a tech or if very lucky a PTA? Good luck. – less

May 17, 2013

Upper management cares about numbers so they can move up the admin ladder. I even had a PSM (their receptionist) try to challenge my clinical decision about putting therapy on hold as this would have dropped our numbers.

About Physiotherapy Associates

Physiotherapy Associates wants you to get physical -- physical therapy, that is. The company providesĀ outpatient rehabilitation – Read more