PIADA Italian Street Food Employee Reviews

Co-workers were great, food good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHOctober 9, 2017
Everything started out fine great hours because it was a new restaurant opening in a new area. After business started picking up they began to hire more staff which led to hours being cut without warning, it felt like betrayal after being promised certain hours and working hard to show loyalty and then corporate stabs you in the back
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, hours cut
ok
Cook (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 27, 2017
something still needed worked on but over all it was a great place to work as a cook. i do believe it needs new management. but the staff was great to work with, its a friendly work place. and good food. ill always remember them.
Great Resturant Job, Fresh Food, low wages however
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHSeptember 27, 2017
I worked at the Rocky River Piada. It was face paced, I worked 'The Stone', and a little bit of everything, I cooked, I cleaned, I prep the food before opening, I closed, I liked it. I learned a lot from the Chef/Partner. I spoke to every guests that walked in the door, and gave them a smile. I think some of the coworkers didn't like their job, which is their choice to work there or not. Overall, It was a great experience. Wish they paid more, I may have still been working there.
Pros
Great food, work as many hours as you want.
Cons
low wages, high turnover of employees
Good place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 26, 2017
This is a great job to worl everyone is friendly..good pay nice hours.paid every week it a very good job for teens comig oug of school loolomg for a nice paying job to gdt by on
Pros
Free lunch, paid weekly
Cons
Can have brakes cut
Bad work enviornment.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IN 46032August 2, 2017
Everything was amazing when I first started. My first job trying to be the best I could, being a sponge and taking in as much information I possibly could so I could become the best team member possible. A typical day included checking you're work station setting up for the day and making sure everything runs smoothly. Only problem was the management was beyond awful. The GM for my store couldn't run the store for her life. Everyday walking in would be complete and udder chaos because we are either missing people, items, and or she just didn't do her job and is extremely far behind. But when we got ahead of the game it wasn't a bad day, but when we were behind it was like trying to run a marathon with a broken leg. Slow, and painful.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
dealing with the stress
good atmosphere, good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 28, 2017
good job all around, great advancement opportunities, well balanced work environment. great management benefits. a good place to learn and grow. would recommend.
Pros
free meal, paid time off
Cons
unreasonable at times.
Fun place to work with a great team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 18, 2017
I got hired when Piada first opened and it was a great new experience to learn! It was fun and everyone was easy to get along with. Loved that it was something new and different to Tyler.
Pros
Free meal before or after shift
Cons
Fast paced
Fast growing fun and full of learning opportunity
PIADA PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMay 9, 2017
Piada is unlike any concept I have ever read/worked for. The Italian chipotle is the term most use to describe Piada. The food is truly fresh, and in many cases organic. Its a different option that makes it possible to step outside of your everyday meal selections. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is staying consistent. Just like in any industry if the cat is away the mice will play so to speak. The profit margins when dealing with food as fresh as what Piada offers is less of that in restaurants that do no serve fresh products so there is less room for error. The most rewarding part of my day is giving guests their meals and watching them come together over a great meal in my dining room. People just seem to smile more when the food is all around better!
Pros
Healthcare is second to none. Great benifits.
Cons
My commute is 1 hr from home
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bexley, OHMay 5, 2017
My managers were amazing. They were all extremely friendly and clearly explained what expectations were for each day. A typical day at work depends on what your job is. No matter what, it is usually a calm environment despite the fact that it is a fast paced environment. The employees are very diverse and you will probably pick up a few phrases in another language. The hardest part of the job is when there are rushes on Sundays! It is difficult because there are so many customers, but it makes the work day go by fast! The most enjoyable part of the job is the music that they play because it's usually new, upbeat music. It makes it easy to be in a good mood. Overall, this was one of the best jobs I have ever had.
Pros
Free food while working
Decent workplace, poor management.
Guest Service, Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 24, 2017
For a long time, I saw this establishment as a good place to go to, it had a great environment, the employees were always so kind and helpful, and never had to wait long for my food. Although now, that is not the case. I always see people with bad attitudes, messy environment and work places, and it always seems like there are so many problems, like the employees are slacking or do not have the motivation to give the best customer service they could.
Pros
Decent food
Cons

Want to know more about PIADA Italian Street Food?

Ask a question
Crew very friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHApril 7, 2017
At piada they were very friendly but they were also very unorganized the management was horrible they were not professional at all and the worst part they didn't have set times to get out of work which was a downfall because there was no overtime
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, unorganized, unprofessional
nice
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHApril 3, 2017
the crew members are what made my time at piada interesting they were just so happy all the time it was great they treat you with respect and like your an actual person
fun and delicious
stoner (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. the managers are really cool but strick about the work that needs to be done. very fast paced at peak levels of operation time but a lot of down time in between rushes.
Piada Is Horrible
Still dont know (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 3, 2017
The team was cool for the most part when random people weren't trying to be your boss. They are very unorganized, communication from higher ups is nonexistent unless they have something demeaning to say. Very busy. They say you don't work late nights, but some nights I didn't leave until 12 midnight. I was ALWAYS at work. Piada would be an okay place to work if they got it together and fired the one Boss who was a complete jerk.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized, horrible boss, no communication, and list goes on
Productive, diverse environment, very fast work pace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  South Euclid, OHJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at work for me is normally opening as a grill cook. in doing so I had to prepare, cut, clean, dice or sautee' all of the meats and vegetables for the day as well as cooking cases of pasta to serve to our customers throughout the day all the while making sure my work area remains clean and I am not running out of any food needed to get through the shift, I also learned a lot about food safety procedures as well as food quality expectations. I have acquired very great knife handling skills and crew leadership skills. my management team was great and they were all very friendly and dedicated a lot of their time to their employees. My coworkers were very diverse, and also very nice and created a great work environment. The hardest part of my job was running behind on time and making sure that you have a set pattern for your workday, the most enjoyable part of my day was the fast paced environment because it became more like a game or challenge and it was quite fun.
Pros
amazing food, meet alot of beneficial people, development
Cons
health benefits, not a consistent manager
Cool place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with and I loved working in very friendly environment. I a lot as far as customer service. Piada is a very place for a student to work.
Very Diversity and wonderful place to work at because the manger make you feel welcome
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cypress , TxDecember 31, 2016
I know my potential and I'm looking for more work with great benefits and a higher compensation. Really enjoy working here and they got above and beyond to take care of employees
Pros
Great manager and employee and love the guest
Cons
Looking for career and benefits and more pay
Piada sucks
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 25, 2016
They offer insentives, such as referral money for anybody that works there that refers a worker, and don't follow through with the reward. Supervisors/managers talk about everyone behind their backs AND blatantly disregard rules they impose on everybody else. Working for this company for 2 years has drained me from happiness more than anything else ever has. AbsolutEly NO training program for new hires.
Pros
Free food, corporate takes care of people
Cons
No training, company isnt loyal, hires outsiders rather than promoting.
productive
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJuly 15, 2016
typical day at work was busy
i learned how to run a line productively
management was good to work with and fair
my co workers like family and fun with to work with
the hardest part of job was learning the kitchen and the flat grill
the most enjoyable part was getting to know the guest
Great Workplace
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHMay 26, 2016
I enjoy working for Piada. The management could be a lot better in my opinion. I feel like communication here is key and sometimes that is not always understood. Their should be more promoting from within the company as well. The most enjoyable part about working at Piada are my co workers. We really have fun and keep each other going. The hardest part about working at Piada is working as a crew member for so long without being promoted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PIADA Italian Street Food. Our community is ready to answer.