Picerne Military Housing Employee Reviews

Good job
Assistant Neighborhood Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 17, 2014
Entered this info previously - originally great company however as restructuring occurred company forgot about the original employees that helped them become who they are today, many were pushed out through the whole company not just local areas. Many founding employees put heart into the job then were discarded.
Pros
co workers and working with military families
Cons
changes in structure and management
Started out great and then
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 21, 2013
Mission oriented company.
Family environment in the beginning.
Grew too big too fast, could not preserve the culture.
Structured
Neighborhood Center Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 19, 2013
Customer service comes first. I dealt with military family's and there housing needs. Kept records of customers interactions, complaints, and comments.
Pros
the people i worked with and the customer base (military family's)
Cons
i had to move
Fast paced
Leasing / Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 12, 2013
While PMH when I first started had excellent benefits, incentives and bonuses. 3 years later the opportunity for growth was not an option. The company flipped and became a division of Corvius Group, then upper managment, middle management and employees who were maxed out in raises for their position were terminated.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for growth, management lacking knowledge of policies
Leasing Agent
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be service members arriving at the installation and in need of Housing for themselves as well as their dependants. It is the responsibility of the Leasing agent to provide the service member with adequate housing based on the number of family members.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no room for growth
family oriented, good company to work
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 25, 2013
- overseeing contractors and vendors
- Quality control and Assurance
- decent management team
- co-workers team players
the most enjoyable part of the job was building homes for the families
Pros
employee activities, free lunches, family oriented
Good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 30, 2012
Typical day,work orders, second turns, scheduling vendors,purchase orders ordering parts.took alot of classes at Picerne,man lift certification,EPA certification,Ward flex certification,CPO certification,Mold/Mildew certification,Management skills were good,Co- workers were very skilled,Hardest part, to many boses,most enjoyable,my job
Pros
alot of classes
Cons
too many boses
Understaffed
RESIDENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 29, 2012
When first hired with PMH things were promising and the company was thriving. The opportunity for growth and advancement were not unrealistic and a goal of everyone. After almost four years with PMH things changed within the company has a whole, installation wide. The name was changed to Corvius Group, and PMH was now a division of Corvius. Employees in high positions were rapidly quitting, or being fired. Various different reason but all to cover up the fact the company was downsizing. Before I left the changes were coming more quickly and we were told everyone's days are numbered.
Great company as a whole. Fort Polk however even without all the changes and downsizing would not be a place to work for anyone over the age of 30. The expectations are unrealistic and many employees are currently undergoing stress managment and medication to deal.
benefits
Cons
expectations

Comment – January 20, 2013

This is happening at every Picerne installation.

Comment – February 16, 2013

This company paints a perfect picture from the outside, but once you are hired. It is not what they say they are. You will have to deal with a lot of how should I say covering your back from those waiting to be promoted, especially if you have more experience than they do. You will not be treated fairly at all with this company. They want expectations from you, but you get knowing in return. They have people who have been working for them for years and they will not promote them, giving some unknown reason why they did not do it. Don't work for them, it won't be worth the time and effort

Comment – April 17, 2013

I left a job of 12 years to take a position with PMH. When I arrived I found that everyone was very stand offish and not very friendly. I have a bubbly personality so this was the first turn off for me. I would have one person telling me to do something this way and then when it was incorrect, I was yelled at and my supervisor would beat on her desk. It was a very hostile environment which I was not happy with. I have never been YELLED at for doing something the way I was told to do it. I worked for them for 1 month and was terminated because they felt I was not learning fast enough after only a month on the job. I did not have a trainer per-say and was told different ways to do the job daily, you can't learn in that type of environment. They are very unorganized and they double work themselves daily. I would have thought by them having a military contract they would be organized. Their filing system was a nightmare as well as their data entry system. Think twice before excepting a position with them, It is not as it appears.

Very good experience working at the military base
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDAugust 5, 2012
1.Ride around the military base responding to repairs and installation issues in residential housing.
2.I learned how to do work to historic homes; great experience.
3.The management was stuctured well.
4.My co-worker had a lot of experience on the base, therefore they showed me some stuff.
5.Keeping transportation to get to the base.
6.The area was wonderful.
Pros
compensated for gas as i drove my truck around the base
Cons
but i had to pay for maintenance on the truck
Very Lively and interactive job!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 15, 2012
Absolutely loved lifguarding! Pay was great and I got a nice tan while helping save lives too! Management was fun, friendly, and understandable. Yet, stern when need be. Co-workers were friendly and I made many good friends through this job. Hardest part of the job was being able to stand the heat through the days without getting frustrated. Great for college students out for their summer breaks.
Pros
great pay!
Cons
seasonable job only.
Military familis come first!
Resident Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAApril 20, 2012
Picerne is a quality company and they truly care about the military family.

A typical day included work orders, answering phones, greeting residents as they came into the office.

Picerne has quality management and they lead by example.

I sincerely enjoyed my time with this company.
Fun, Diverse, family oriented place of work
Maintenance Tech. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 19, 2012
I am grateful to have worked for Picerne. My coworkers seemed to be more so a family than that of a team. The management that I was under was not only organized but made it so that everyone enjoyed their daily duties.
Pros
excellent pay, hands on learning experience
Cons
n/a

4.2