Picerne Military Housing Employee Reviews

Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSSeptember 29, 2017
Was a great place to work, great CEO...had a mission statement and stuck with it. Motivational as we were helping the military community. Had a great team work mentality. Good atmosphere to work under.
Pros
Good compensation. Great bonues
good people
Porter Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSAugust 17, 2017
the was easy love to work for them again miss working for them. I wish I can work with the company again. miss you . keep up the good work see you in the future.
Not a friendly company
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDJuly 13, 2017
I worked for a military housing office, yet they would not help me with my schedule when my husband deployed. We had a change in managment and when a senior member tried to give me a poor review I had to remind him that I was doing his briefings without proper compensation while puking because I was pregnant and had hypermesis gravidarum. They promised a promotion and then didn't give it. The only time they actually cared was when I was gone for maternity leave and they saw how valuable I was.
I hear it's better now
Pre-Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCJuly 6, 2017
If you are not one of the following, you are only marking time.
Family
From Rhode Island
Willing to work way below average pay rate.
Ok with working strange hours.
Not put off by irrational anger and alcoholic thinking.
Interesting
Resident Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMay 30, 2017
Very interesting company. It was cool working on a post. A lot of moving parts to be a part of the team. You really need to understand the military culture to work there.
Picerne
Project Manager (Community Builder) (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAApril 12, 2017
The people that worked in the organization and the support we gave to the military families was unpresented in anything that I have seen or experienced. The management on the other hand was almost to the point of nepotism, with very little background working with DOD, Military families or this type of construction. There saving grace was hiring competent people with a love for the military and their families by also having a military background. This background helped in the understanding of the culture to assist these families that struggled with separation and deployment.
very controlled
Resident Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 13, 2017
Working for Picerne Military Housing was an extremely easy task, but the management and leadership made the day-to-day operations extremely stressful and uninviting.
Amazing company
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 5, 2015
I can say nothing but great things about this company. They have made me a better person professionally and personally.
Good job
Assistant Neighborhood Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALJanuary 17, 2014
Entered this info previously - originally great company however as restructuring occurred company forgot about the original employees that helped them become who they are today, many were pushed out through the whole company not just local areas. Many founding employees put heart into the job then were discarded.
Pros
Co workers and working with military families
Cons
changes in structure and management
Started out great and then
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCNovember 21, 2013
Mission oriented company.
Family environment in the beginning.
Grew too big too fast, could not preserve the culture.
Structured
Neighborhood Center Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 19, 2013
Customer service comes first. I dealt with military family's and there housing needs. Kept records of customers interactions, complaints, and comments.
Pros
The people I worked with and the customer base (military family's)
Cons
I had to move
Fast paced
Leasing / Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 12, 2013
While PMH when I first started had excellent benefits, incentives and bonuses. 3 years later the opportunity for growth was not an option. The company flipped and became a division of Corvius Group, then upper managment, middle management and employees who were maxed out in raises for their position were terminated.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for growth, management lacking knowledge of policies
Leasing Agent
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at work would be service members arriving at the installation and in need of Housing for themselves as well as their dependants. It is the responsibility of the Leasing agent to provide the service member with adequate housing based on the number of family members.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no room for growth
family oriented, good company to work
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJanuary 25, 2013
- overseeing contractors and vendors
- Quality control and Assurance
- decent management team
- co-workers team players
the most enjoyable part of the job was building homes for the families
Pros
employee activities, free lunches, family oriented
Good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALDecember 30, 2012
Typical day,work orders, second turns, scheduling vendors,purchase orders ordering parts.took alot of classes at Picerne,man lift certification,EPA certification,Ward flex certification,CPO certification,Mold/Mildew certification,Management skills were good,Co- workers were very skilled,Hardest part, to many boses,most enjoyable,my job
Pros
alot of classes
Cons
too many boses
Understaffed
RESIDENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 29, 2012
When first hired with PMH things were promising and the company was thriving. The opportunity for growth and advancement were not unrealistic and a goal of everyone. After almost four years with PMH things changed within the company has a whole, installation wide. The name was changed to Corvius Group, and PMH was now a division of Corvius. Employees in high positions were rapidly quitting, or being fired. Various different reason but all to cover up the fact the company was downsizing. Before I left the changes were coming more quickly and we were told everyone's days are numbered.
Great company as a whole. Fort Polk however even without all the changes and downsizing would not be a place to work for anyone over the age of 30. The expectations are unrealistic and many employees are currently undergoing stress managment and medication to deal.
benefits
Cons
expectations
Very good experience working at the military base
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDAugust 5, 2012
1.Ride around the military base responding to repairs and installation issues in residential housing.
2.I learned how to do work to historic homes; great experience.
3.The management was stuctured well.
4.My co-worker had a lot of experience on the base, therefore they showed me some stuff.
5.Keeping transportation to get to the base.
6.The area was wonderful.
Pros
compensated for gas as i drove my truck around the base
Cons
but i had to pay for maintenance on the truck
Very Lively and interactive job!
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 15, 2012
Absolutely loved lifguarding! Pay was great and I got a nice tan while helping save lives too! Management was fun, friendly, and understandable. Yet, stern when need be. Co-workers were friendly and I made many good friends through this job. Hardest part of the job was being able to stand the heat through the days without getting frustrated. Great for college students out for their summer breaks.
Pros
great pay!
Cons
seasonable job only.
Military familis come first!
Resident Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAApril 20, 2012
Picerne is a quality company and they truly care about the military family.

A typical day included work orders, answering phones, greeting residents as they came into the office.

Picerne has quality management and they lead by example.

I sincerely enjoyed my time with this company.
Fun, Diverse, family oriented place of work
Maintenance Tech. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 19, 2012
I am grateful to have worked for Picerne. My coworkers seemed to be more so a family than that of a team. The management that I was under was not only organized but made it so that everyone enjoyed their daily duties.
Pros
excellent pay, hands on learning experience
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Picerne Military Housing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9