Pick 'n Save Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting experiences are here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJuly 21, 2016
Working here was an interesting choice for me. Customer Service was easy for me but to some of my other coworkers, they could've done better. In the front end, a lot of the cashiers are high school students, so their level of maturity isn't up to par in customer service standards. Being in a union is a positive trait I liked because it did seem that I had a voice for change. Management was ok but I wish things could be better. Pay wages and rate of raises could be way better, but the benefits are ok. Overall it was an ok experience for me.
Pros
10% employee discount, being around great customers
Cons
Amount of periodic raises, healthcare, high school coworkers, lack of proper training for said coworkers
Fast Paced customer service workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, WIMay 24, 2016
Working at Pick N Save was a great experience. The managers I worked with cared about employees and customers. Some days would be busy and fast paced, while other days would be slow. I've learned patience working there. The hardest part were the rude customers but having those times actually helped out a lot to learn different problem solving techniques. The most enjoyable part of working at Pick N Save was the fun events we would have for the customers, especially for the kids.
Productive and fun place to work
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2016
I really appreciated working for this company especially by it being my first official job. I gained knowledge in performing my job correctly and efficiently from the seasoned and easy going staff that were willing to assist / train me to the level that I was able to move on to other available positions as they became available.
Pros
Growth, Competetive Wages, Teamwork
Cons
Leaving
Good work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 13, 2016
a typical day working at Pick n Save consist of greeting customers, checking them out, and bagging their items. Once there is no customers we at to stand at the end of the register. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. the hardest part of the jobs in having to stand at the end of the register and just stand there until another customer was ready, i perfer to be active as in cleaning the register straighting up the store, putting go back away.
Decent Workplace
Produce Bench Manager (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 26, 2016
Pick N Save is a decent place to work for, but if you don't plan to fast track to management it will be a dead end job that will circle around you. management is dependable on the store you work at, and since the merger with Krogers, the company has become more tolerable.
Pros
Good benefits for fulltimers
Cons
short staffed at a lot of stores
good well rounded place of employment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIMay 22, 2016
learned different department of the store
helping customers
making, putting away food
cleaning
did cashiering
helped co-workers during slow periods
did what management asked of me
Pros
dealig with customers
Cons
stocking the food departments and not dealing with customers
Easy going supervisors and flexible schedules for school.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIJune 13, 2016
Worked well with high school and college students with their school schedules.
Management changed frequently making it difficult. It became difficult for staff to remember the new rules each manager brought in.
Draining workplace, with high turnover and little regard for employee well-being.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 16, 2016
My hiring manager had been dismissed within 2 months of beginning work because he had lied on his application for employment. He insisted on demeaning work that offered little to the benefit of the workplace.

While in school I offered a schedule that allowed for me to manage work and school, and the schedule was often ignored.

My co-workers were hard working, but workplace morale often lacked because of low pay and being understaffed.
Great starting job
Bookkeeper and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McFarland, WIFebruary 6, 2016
Work was either you are really busy or bored out of your mind.
I was trained in many different departments due to under-staffing.
Management did there best to do what they could but they didn't work as a team and many toes were stepped on.
Hardest part of the job: balancing myself from service desk, cashiering and helping other cashiers with problems.
most enjoyable: talking with the customers.
Pros
free food in breakroom
Cons
benifits and pay sucked
Not a great place to work but..
DAIRY/FROZEN CLERK (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 13, 2016
There are a lot of problems with this company, however it can be a good place to start out at. Pay is not the greatest and most of the workers are high school aged kids who do not always care about getting their job done.
Cons
management, lazy workers
Excellent company to work for.
Frozen/Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Rothschild, WIApril 6, 2016
I learned a lot of new managerical skills, running a department, and what it takes to run a productive grocery store, By writing orders and schedules, and doing inventory every quarter.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Corporate never gave enough hours for each department
Not a company i would recommend
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJuly 15, 2016
Low hours, low pay, no advancement, no health care, false promises, unrealistic expectations, usually had to skip breaks in order to finish tasks.
Pros
very nice co-workers
Cons
low pay, no advancement, low hours, false promises.
Pick n save
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 20, 2016
i go in for 6 in the morning and take expired product off the shelf and then count what is still good and what is bad, then i package what was made for the morning to put on the shelf for the day for customers and then slice bread, take care of customers and also get product ready for cooking for the night time crew.
Cons
i am only getting if 15 hours a week and i have a child to care for.
Great staff and willing to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 1, 2016
The pharmacists were truly willing to help people and they all worked well together. I felt like i was part of a team which I really liked but the long hours did not work well with my schedule for school and the pharmacy which i was located at was too far out of the way to be able to continue there once school started.
Great place for a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJanuary 16, 2016
My day included checking out groceries for guests I learned the value a patience. There aren't too many opportunities for advancement and management tends to slack. I worked with typical his schoolers so it was a lot of joking around. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers while the most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
poor communication overall in every form of the word!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 15, 2016
Supervisors never communicated properly with any employee. Did not follow work permit rules and regulations for students/minors. Very difficult to work in this atmosphere.
great work place
Liquor Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2016
making sure the customers are satisfied with trip before leaving, making sure all items are fully stocked and visiable making sure i always have a smile
Pros
meet alot of new people
Cons
surrounded by food
Childish, and disgrace to customer service staff and customers
Part Time employee since September of 2014 (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 20, 2016
Filthy environment and unacceptable attitudes. But great food and food service associates but front end is terrible and unorganized .
Pros
10 percent discount every 5 months
Cons
Short breaks, not enough time to buy checkout and eat in a 15 minute period.
Not enough hours in a bad work place
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterford, WIMay 31, 2016
I would restock shelves, help the customers, clean the cutting room, fill the service case, the hardest part was trying to keep everyone including the customers happy.
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 15, 2015
Pros
Free meals, great co-workers
Cons
No health benefits for part time employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick 'n Save. Our community is ready to answer.