Pick-n-Pull Employee Reviews in United States

Pick n pull
CSA (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 12, 2016
The most hardest part on the job was going outside and stocking batteries, Tires etc. I loved everything about the job just me and a Co- Worker did not get along she was only a sales lead and she would always send me out to do all the batteries and tires by myself when there was post to be 2 people out there with you at all times due to the weather condition. but it would just be me;
Pros
we would get free lunches on our sale day
Cons
short breaks
Dont waste your time
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 8, 2016
At first it was an awesome job! But lately they just dont care about their employees. They want you to put your family life aside for them to work you till you fall over and then not pay you enough. they always say safety first but then they dont provide you with the correct ppe to stay safe, and then yell at you when you dont have it. The manager doesnt know how to do ANYTHING and puts it off on everyone else then takes all the credit.
great experience, but good offer came around
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJanuary 15, 2016
It was just a great experience working there, when I started, the store was in last 10 places in the company when it comes to core and $$ revenue, with hard work it took a couple of year, but was able to the top 5 out 52 locations and kept it there for 5 years
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
ugly uniforms
very busy business
CSA/VPA/Sales Lead/Interim Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 6, 2015
with at least 400 customer on a usual day other than the weekend which is at least 1000 customer a day, Pick n Pull is a very fast paced business. its a self serve yard which means the customer would have to go to the yard and pull their own parts.
i learned a lot from my former bosses at pick n pull, such as dealing with customer and learning each part on the car including parts numbers.
Pros
50% employee discount, very nice management team
Cons
bad location area and bad customers.
stay away!!!
CSA (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 23, 2015
So got this job thinking it would be pretty cool. after all, it is a junk yard right? wrong!! from day one it was like being in a concentration camp. more rules than the Army and most of them are just to control the employees and make them feel like animals. They trust the customers more than the employees by how they treat you, like they are always trying to find something you're doing wrong.

everyday i did a million things wrong and was told about it over and over again. it got to the point where i felt terrible about myself like i couldn't do anything right and that i was worth less. For a job to make me, a vet, feel that way is pretty bad. I really tried my hardest to like this job but they couldn't pay me enough to do so.

i took the job with the condition that it was part time which is what i told that indian boss i needed, but what do they go and do?? they canned 3 people in the same week and make everyone work 6 days but we still didn't get overtime because one of those days was only 4 hours.

this place is a terrible, terrible job. if you like being controlled, having someone always watching over your shoulder telling you how to do everything including breath then work here, you'll love it.
Pros
absolutely NOTHING!
Cons
sadly everything and I'm NOT EXAGGERATING
Unorganized
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Little RockJuly 15, 2015
The biggest problem with this company is there is no organization. The management is scattered. There is no real leadership and the turnover in production workers is high.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
no advancement and no holidays
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 26, 2015
In my current role i assist customers with purchisng there vehicle over the phone.I negotiate prices and save the company thousands of dollars weekly while exceeding purchase goals. I have helped train new employees on system use and proper company procedure while on the phone as well as coaching.
Not a Professional place
Cash for Junk Cars Clerk I (Manpower) (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 15, 2015
Place is not organized and management has no control of employees. Staff has to much liberty at work. Talk way to much during calls.
Stressful and exhausting
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVApril 8, 2015
Poor work condition No insulation means 10 degrees cold in winter and hotter in summer than the outside. I did learn about parts of different cars though
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
see above
makes a living..
Automotive Dismantler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  kansas city KsFebruary 20, 2015
This is a great place to start!!! It gives you much work and little pay!!! The challenge is to ever move forward no matter what or who tries to stop you!!!
Pros
the bonuses
Cons
bad workers
Fun workplace
De corer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2014
We would work from 7- 4 Monday- Friday. I learn where a lot of motor mounts was in different vehicles, how they crush cars. They Management was very understanding and willing to work with you on most anything. My most co-workers was very awesome to work with, not a lot of problems at all and very caring. Working in the weather, anywhere from 110 degrees to the negatives temperatures and being wet and very cold. My job was mostly easy. I enjoyed everything I did, great co workers, Awesome supervisor, pretty good company all the way around.
Pros
discounts on parts, weekends off
Cons
weather conditions
fun place to work
DMV Processor/Auto & Dismantler (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 14, 2014
i learned alot about the industry of salvage yards, and the scrap prices vary from day to day
Pros
love my co workers
Cons
pay
Non productive, horrible place to work
Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 10, 2014
Had to check in all vehicle store received for that day, rain, sleet, snow or hail.

I learned how to process titles, do payroll, edit time sheets in computer system, operate computerized point-of-sales system, and processing vendor payments.

The manager when I was there was horrible, he was never at work and he always left the assistance manager there alone to do all the work.

Some of the co-workers that I worked with were lazy and didn't want to do there jobs.

The hardest part of the job was inventorying over a thousand vehicles in a day with the help of only one person.

The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling out of state to other stores for training and training other employees.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, working outside no matter the weather.
Hostile Environment
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 15, 2014
Working at Pick-N-Pull was very difficult. There was heavy employee favoritism at play. Management was not helpful in times of need and often avoided stressful situations at all costs. There was a lot of underhanded activities and dishonesty, among management and those at the corporate level.
productive/team work
Customer Service/ Dispatcher/Dispatching (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2014
everyday was something different//the girls were amazing....great team work...the managers are the ones that had favoritism but over it was okay
Pros
kept changing days off
Cons
healthcare/unorganized/favoritism
Pick-n-pull
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARMarch 1, 2014
cool job gave me a steady income.
The job had great bosses I learned how to enter the cars into the pick-n-pull data base. the co-workers was great we were a family. the hardest part of the job was having to work every single weekend. the most enjoyable part of the job was that my bosses treated me like family.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
working every weekend
Excellent Place to Work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Started as call center supervisor, when my talents with excel and access were noticed by VP of Vehicle Purchasing I was moved into an analyst role for the purchasing department. I was able to work with some excellent and very talented people.
Very fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARNovember 24, 2013
Had an awful managment at the time I worked there. Cash handling all though the day on your feet all day along with cleaning. I loved the people I worked with although the turn over rate was crazy high there.
Pros
got free lunches ever month or so for stayin safe on the job.
Title Clerk/Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 17, 2013
The job was a great work environment until I moved to Portland Oregon and transfer to the Foster location. The management was horrible, it was not a diverse work place, they hire unethical people to be the buyers of the company, and its really hard to advance in position unless you're best buddies with management.
Great workplace.
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2013
A typical day at Pic-N-Pull would be coming in for work, greeting every customer and employee that walks through the door as I am the first person they see. Receiving the mail, Transmitting paperwork and filing paperwork. I've learned how to sharpen my Typing skills along with my social skills. Management Here could have been better and more organized. My Co-Workers Became good friends because they are adaptable. The Most enjoyable part was just having a job in general and enjoying the job as is.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management.