PICK N PULL

PICK N PULL Employer Reviews

Fun and productive place to work
Title Clerk (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 21, 2014
I enjoyed this job. it was a culture job, great customers. My typical day was in a routine, all my coworkers was great to work with. I think the hardest part of the job was when I had to quit.
Great place hot days
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch when team is going good, destroy cars
Cons: have to work either in extreme heat or cold and sometimes rain
Great company that puts a lot on safety and taking care of there team
you can move up quickly , depends on you and if you may want to move. Higher ups make some poor calls when it comes to replacing or repairing things but that is there call to make.
Great pay , bonus is with in reach depends on you
Don't work here unless you really need a job
CSA (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: side cash, learn about cars
Cons: horrible management, work holidays and every single weekend
You need to be able to stand for long intervals of time and can't be afraid of getting dirty. Be prepared to be bored and watch time go by really slow at times. Be prepared and careful with management, when they are angry they will let it out on the employees.
Co workers are also fine as long as boundaries are respected. Bosses can seem unfair and cruel – more... at times. Hardest part of the job is dealing with bosses. Most enjoyable part of the job is learning about car parts and getting some under the table pay for various things. if you work here there will be many opportunities to make cash on the side.

I do not recommend working here unless you really want to learn about cars or you are dumb. You must be smarter then all of the bosses around you if you wish to make side cash.

That being said as long as you seem to be a good employee and you don't get caught doing anything dumb you should have a job here for life, although I don't recomend it they work you hard and pay you .50 cents above minimum. Every day going to work is a disappointment now and is very seldomly enjoyable. If you absolutely need a job this is fine but never cease to stop looking for newer better jobs. I hated this job, because of the strict rules, bad management and lack of job satisfaction. – less
OK company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: extreme working conditions
As a store manager supervising 30 employees, at times I was required to do every job, including working on a fork lift in 0 degree weather freezing rain.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 5, 2013
friendly enviorment, Good team members good management who took time to train how to do the job right
fun place to work at and friendly associates
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 24, 2013
When there is help needed, there was someone to help. Everyone struggle in life and i'm one of them. One day it was raining and I work outdoor and indoor. My boot had a hole and my co workers were nice to let me stay in the building to do sales for the day. Great plce to work at.
Good job but management could be better
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), chico, caJuly 17, 2013
Pros: treated to lunch, 70% relaxed environment
Cons: management
I would start by cleaning up the front counter and do cash handling. I learned a lot of names to the parts and I actually got to pull parts from the yard (not very handy). co-workers are great. manager can improve on people skills.
fun place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 19, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: no employee loyalty
fast pace, I learned to watch my back. They will suck you in, brain storm ideas to make the place better. Than steal your ideas and resign you from the company.
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 8, 2013
nice. cool greatTell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
very diverse place to work.
Receptionist, Cashier, DMV Sales (Former Employee), Summit, ILJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: ilearned alot about cars ad car parts.
Cons: all men
Busy from the start . Not ver many people to coveryour breaks and vaction request. Responsible for anywhere from 300.00 to 5000.00 in cash on any given weekend.
Overall great place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: great employees, understanding manager
Cons: no benefits
Would usually come in and prep the store, clean the windows, floors, etc. Check the tire racks, log onto the computers, count the till, assist people coming in looking for parts.
Productiove place with lots of work.
Production Crew Member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: some paid lunches
Cons: employees
A typical day at work would be a restless dirty day.
I learned alot of things and learned alot of not to do's.
Management was constantly making sure we were doing our job
but once someone was in danger they would not step in to confront the person who is causing the danger.
The hardest part of the job was being the youngest because everyone thinks they – more... know more then you so that causes them to think they should be first in line for everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the great outdoors. – less
Fun work learning experience
Assistant Manger/ Head Sales (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: free lunch weekends
Cons: none .....
Fun and a new adventure whit new customers ....
I learn how to manage a personal of 20 employees.
Hardest part of the job was to please customers request, enjoy a good day whit employees ...
Fun, Interesting place of employment.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Antelope, CASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: donuts every friday, free lunches when safety days are completed.
Cons: short lunch
Never a dull moment, there are all types of customers. The co-workers were amazing. All very funny, and motivated. The hardest part of the job would be that a lot of the customers get angry really fast. The best part is though, that you are accompanied by a great staff that is willing to help you get through it all.
Holidays are the best time to work for Pick N Pull!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: free coffee, did i mention free coffee!
Cons: promote to other department from within, rather than using a agency to hire for new positions.
A tpical day for me was receiving emails for quotes and answering inbound calls from quotes. The management was a good fit. I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job for me was leaving my work at Pick N Pull and not bringing the work home with me. The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing my knowledge to create a better team.
Best place
Vehicle Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: you get dirty
Best job I've ever had. The people were so much fun to work with, the environment was safe and they treat you like family.
Not an enjoyable place to work when management is on your back waiting to see if you make a mistake to write you up.
vehicle purchaser/ Loader Operator (Former Employee), Fresno, CaMarch 6, 2012
Pros: free lunches for no acciedents
Cons: no bonus
I came to notice that the company was only worried about numbers of cars out in the yard and buying cars from customers and vendors and not worried if the employees were over stress out from the work. It looked short handed of employees at that time in the office working, they were able to buy, receive, over 50 cars a day also to deal with bar cars – more... all at once, was not enough for them. Managers and others that are above them seemed not care if customers or verdors were rude, just as long that the job got done. – less

August 21, 2012

Bar cars were the worst to deal with. The positive about them were that you had a guideline to follow and just had to make sure paperwork was correct. Sorry that you had a tough time with this company. They really are great people. Some days are busy but that's the job. I used to receive over 80 cars per day.

MANAGEMENT
GREETER (Former Employee), SACRAMENTO CAMarch 6, 2012
Pros: hours and pay
Cons: management
THE PAY GREAT AND THE HOURS AND THE BENEFIT BUT WORKERS DON'T REALLY FOLLOW SAFETY RULES AND THE MANAGER BARELY THERE TO HELP WHEN IT NEEDED.
High paced environment where it is expected to be on call 24/7
Maintenance (Former Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 6, 2012
The pay was decent, but the environement was not good. Constantly told to work holidays, weekends. Manager had anger issues.
Amazing staff and fantastic management.
Vehicle purchasing agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 28, 2013
This company really cares about its staff. The day always starts with 15 minutes of stretching to keep the body healthy. There is a very good safety program in place that is there first priority, as it is a very dangerous place to be with the different kinds of equipment that are on the property. The staff are easy to get along with and are very supportive – more... to each other. – less