Pick Up Stix Employee Reviews

slow and unprofessional.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 13, 2017
a work day was very slow usually except weekends. the people who worked there were very unprofessional and ghetto. everyone was in it for themselves especially the management. the cashiers did the brunt of the work the managers and shift leaders would pretend to do paperwork all day so they wouldn't have to clean or help with anything in the store they always were hiding in the back. And they would participate in bad gossip in front of everyone. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. the culture was nice the cooks and cashiers were all nice and we all got along great and talking with them and having that positive activity during work was the only good part of the job.
Pros
the people who worked there besides the management.
Cons
all managment and higher ups were rude and unprofessional
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
Working at Pick up Stix has been a very good experience for me. Being employed for this company has taught we a lot of great skills. I learned how to use a point of sales systems, payroll, inventory for all store products, how to address guest complaints, how to address problems with co workers. The hardest part of this job would be an unhappy guest. I dislike seeing guest upset so i always made it my mission for the guest to leave our store happy. the most enjoyable thing about working here besides the fun work environment would be pleasing the guest.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough breaks, not always enough employees
fun slow paced work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 16, 2016
overall good company,benefits,401 k match,bonus,overtime.
fun place to work for,there is schedule flexibility,great upper management staff also the corporate staff is pleasant to work with....the hardest part is it is too slow easy to become bored
Pros
free lunch, benefits, schedule flexability
Cons
no upward-mobility, company is to small for advancment, not many locations
Not a bad place to work
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work was quite stressful but some of the people working there make things a lot better. Its a great first job for people. Its a good place to work just a little disorganized.
Pros
Good discounts, and fun co workers at the other places in the food court.
Cons
No benefits and disorganized
i loved this compnmay
Shift Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 15, 2016
I loved working and being in charge , serving great food
and really executing great management skills
I loved making schedules and just making the food come out fast, with good service creating a great team
Pros
free and gret fod
Cons
only the distance from my house
Great work environment and great comapny
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAMarch 28, 2016
Pick Up Stix has been a great experience. A typical workday involves working with customers, handling money and paperwork, and making a memorable experience for those who visit. They have given me the opportunity to grow and work in management and handle more responsibilities. I have learned to interact with people and work as a team in order to provide a good experience and good service to the customers. Working here has been really nice and my co workers are always willing to help each other out. It has been a great experience and has helped me grow.
Pros
great comapny, decent pay, nice people
amazing place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
Management is amazing. If something is wrong they will listen to you and fix the problem right away. Co-workers are amazing and fun to be around.
Pros
50% off discount in court yard
Cons
Late nights
A very loving and professional team-building restaurant that I'm honored to have worked for.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 11, 2015
I learned how to greet a guest, how to guide them through a menu and suggest items based on their response, to open a brand new store and be one of the first employees to have ran it, to build with and become more family-orientated with the employed team, to have fun and recognize everyday guests with their personal name, to give a personal feel and experience to every customer that enters the restaurant, and also to know how to up-sell and obtain a professional idea within it.
Pros
free employee meal for 6+ hours worked over, benefits, sick leave
Cons
new hours/days every other week on the schedule, not consistent schedule
Strong Guest experience oriented
General Manager/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 3, 2015
They really push on taking care of the guest and making sure they tell their friends and family. Learned a lot about hospitality and how to handle the difficult guests. The down fall to me is they go by numbers too much and not on how the guests truly like the place and crew.
Pros
Free lunches, direct deposit
Cons
management goes by numbers too much.
Good work enviorment, Fast paced, flexible hours.
Server (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 1, 2015
I worked here for about a year and a half as a Cashier/Server. Good flexible hours if your a student or working elsewhere. Management at my location was awesome, always got along with my coworkers, everyone was always team players, and everyone was always helpful. The only thing that really was the worst part of the job is that we do the same work as "servers" but no tips and for minimum wage and no raises.. I had atleast 100 people try and add a tip on from their card purchase but we don't "have that option" so that would have been nice. :/ Other than that no complaints! This was a good job to have when I was a student in medical college & I will miss it here.
Pros
Half off lunches, flexible work schedule, friendly enviorment, amazing management.
Cons
No raises, no tips.
great work environment
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 30, 2015
walking into chaos
how to move fast
great team
keeping up with food orders during lunch or dinner rush
interacting with different people
Pros
free luch
Cons
not a lot of advancement
Fast paced environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 1, 2015
Typical day at work was spent making sure customers were happy, employees were completing tasks, food was kept up to health standards, and everything was kept clean. Management worked hard and were nice enough. I enjoyed the fast paced environment, but it was not what I wanted to do long term.
Pros
Fairly easy job and there was always something to do
Cons
Low pay (To be expected)
horrible place to work
Delivery Driver / Cashier (Former Employee) –  huntington beach, CANovember 6, 2014
The upper management will abuse you, along with not listening to your needs on your schedule. If you are unable to work at a certain day or time and are not a shift lead they will still schedule you and after having your shift covered 3 times they will fire you for not working scheduled days. If you think about having any sort of food in the front before opening or after closing management will fire you. If you are looking for a temp part-time job then this is perfect for you, but if you are not then please do not waste your time applying for them. I am a former employee and got fired for these reasons.
Enjoyable fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 1, 2014
A typical day of work at Pick up Stix consists of a lot of down time.
We were mostly only busy around lunch time and dinner time which made it much more enjoyable being in a fast paced environment, and working as a team with your co workers to get orders out fast to the hungry costumers!
The hardest part of my job at Pick up Stix would have to be that when you do get a rush, you are only working with one other person. So you have to make sure everything is getting done such as taking orders, bagging up the food, and making sure you're keeping the work environment clean.
I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my friendly co workers!
Pros
50 % discount, open welcoming evironment, my co workers
Cons
cut hours
Great communication and team effort.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Working with my coworkes is always fun, we try and make sure everybody is having a good time. If somebody is in a bad mood we try and help them be in a better mood. Talking to each customers and learning their names so next time they come in we call them by their names so they know that we care about their visit. Sometimes it does get busy and gets a little stressfull but we work it out at the end. Management is really good we communicate with each other and work as a time to make the store a fun environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Part time job.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Cashier/server (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CaAugust 30, 2012
My work day consisted of dealing with orders, serving customers, and cleaning. I learned time management and organization. The management was great and they treated us very well. My coworkers were all level headed and knew what was needed and how to achieve their goal. The hardest part of the job was the stress of evening rush, as the pace of the job sometimes doubled or tripled.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and company.
Pros
free lunch, good work environment, great management
Fun place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 11, 2013
Pick Up Stix was a fun, though sometimes stressful place to work, but what restaurant isn't stressful at times? I started working at Pick Up Stick when I was 16 and had to end my time with the company due to moving. I learned a lot about how to manage a store effectively and provide quality customer service through out my 3 years there. With the proper training and my desire to advance, I was promoted quickly. I enjoyed my entire experience there, from the mundane tasks of stocking cups to the interactions with the customers.
Pros
Free lunches, presonable, quality service, opportunities to advance, fun
Productive work place with friendly customer service.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Seal BeachAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work was the same as any other take-out chain. Whenever a customer comes in, you must greet them with a smile. There were usually two FOH (front of the house) workers with about two cooks in the back. Often times, the shift leader would go to the back to work on other important tasks while the other is left alone doing everything else (ie taking orders, cleaning dining room, serving orders, etc). Because of this, it is definitely not an easy job at first. You must learn how to prioritize which task is most important, or it will be stressful! However, once prioritizing is understood, the tasks at hand come very easily. You must be quick and alert of things that need to be restocked, wiped down, etc. You do not get free meals unless you are working over a six hour shift. Aside from that, it is a very friendly work environment, and I loved my coworkers. I overall loved working here.
Pros
friendly coworkers, easy to learn
Cons
stressful
Easy place to work and great food discounts.
Food runner/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 7, 2012
Easy place to work, a good job to have right out of high school. If orders were placed wrong or phoned in to the wrong location, we were able to keep that food for ourselves, i liked that because it would save money on lunches. The co-workers were very friendly as well as management.
Pros
discounted/free food, easy work, and friendly staff.
Love this place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 13, 2015
Love the coworkers here, they make work go by fast as they are always in a very positive, energetic mood. There are no early mornings or late nights here, and I love that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pick Up Stix. Our community is ready to answer.