Pick Up Stix Employee Reviews

fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJanuary 8, 2018
-manageable workload
-learned a lot about customer service
-terrible management
-hostile work environment
-dealing with an uncooperative team
-learning time management
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dealing with the manager
Great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was the safety code that the workplace would enforce and the cleanliness of each staff member as well as the work space.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No dental
Poor company all around.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 9, 2017
This company is completely stuck in a rut. No innovation, no changes, no attempts to become more efficient or operate better. Very set in their ways. Very, VERY low regard for their employees.
For the most part, busy work place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 18, 2017
Typical day at Pick up Stix was to tend to customers. Management isn't the best. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the store while it is really busy. The easiest part of the job is serving the customers.
great
Customer Service/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 19, 2017
i had a great time working there. my employees were awesome we worked as a team, the place was cleanly organized. management was great. the area was clean. i do recommend people to work there.
Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAAugust 13, 2017
As a shift leader, I dealt with the responsibility of the money deposit at the end of my shifts and any customer issues. I also helped my coworkers clean up the store, take food orders, and serve the food. Job is not hard at all.
loved it
cashier/clerk/server etc (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 14, 2017
I worked for this company for awhile and it was definitely a fun experience. very fast paced but an enjoyable job altogether. the employees were always hard workers and loved it
Fast Paced Fast-Casual Restaurant
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 21, 2017
The hardest part of my job was being at the same level of employees who did the bare minimum and, as a good employee, being expected to pick up the slack for nothing extra. I felt that my performance should have been monetarily rewarded as the constant "praise" for being a good worker and the "reassurance" that those who did less would be spoken to, did nothing but reinforce my idea that I was not being treated as well as I should be. However, I did enjoy the management for the most part, it is unfortunate for those of us who work hard that we have to put up with the lazy employee that is all too standard in today's food industry.
Food service jobs can be the worst
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 14, 2017
Was able to move up just a little but never would go back to food service. People and rude and the higher ups pretty much know you are replaceable with a million other people just starting out for work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No real room for growth
Fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 10, 2017
Provided good employees incentive. Operating hours were compatible with lifestyle. Operations was always clean and employees had good appeal. Bonus were distributed fairly.
Pros
Hours of operations
Cons
Closed down in Phoenix area
pick up sticks
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 31, 2017
lousy management, mgmt don't care about the store or employees. pay is lousy. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Employees are lazy and restaurant always dirty
24/7 Job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAMay 30, 2017
Fun work environment but as a General manager here you will spend 24/7 in store. GMs are required to work a minimum of 50 hours a week. Very high turn over rate.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun fast paced work place.
Cons
Nonstop Working.
Productive, fun and quick paced.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAMay 17, 2017
Loved the working environment and the boss was great very understanding, co-workers were great and fun to be with. Manager was always so understanding and nice to all of the people working there.
very fast paced and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAApril 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be supporting my team where ever they needed help.Operated the front of house and back of house in the kitchen. some other activity's

• Made the schedule
• Coached and trained all the new hires
• Managed a team, opened/closed the restaurant and input the
net sales
Pros
Schedule was flexable
Great team work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 17, 2017
it has been awhile since I have worked for this company, and they have switched owners since I left. When I was there it was very fast pace. I did like how clean and tidy the work spaces were kept.
slow and unprofessional.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 13, 2017
a work day was very slow usually except weekends. the people who worked there were very unprofessional and ghetto. everyone was in it for themselves especially the management. the cashiers did the brunt of the work the managers and shift leaders would pretend to do paperwork all day so they wouldn't have to clean or help with anything in the store they always were hiding in the back. And they would participate in bad gossip in front of everyone. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the management. the culture was nice the cooks and cashiers were all nice and we all got along great and talking with them and having that positive activity during work was the only good part of the job.
Pros
the people who worked there besides the management.
Cons
all managment and higher ups were rude and unprofessional
fun slow paced work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 16, 2016
overall good company,benefits,401 k match,bonus,overtime.
fun place to work for,there is schedule flexibility,great upper management staff also the corporate staff is pleasant to work with....the hardest part is it is too slow easy to become bored
Pros
free lunch, benefits, schedule flexability
Cons
no upward-mobility, company is to small for advancment, not many locations
Not a bad place to work
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work was quite stressful but some of the people working there make things a lot better. Its a great first job for people. Its a good place to work just a little disorganized.
Pros
Good discounts, and fun co workers at the other places in the food court.
Cons
No benefits and disorganized
i loved this compnmay
Shift Leader and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 15, 2016
I loved working and being in charge , serving great food
and really executing great management skills
I loved making schedules and just making the food come out fast, with good service creating a great team
Pros
free and gret fod
Cons
only the distance from my house
Great work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2016
Working at Pick up Stix has been a very good experience for me. Being employed for this company has taught we a lot of great skills. I learned how to use a point of sales systems, payroll, inventory for all store products, how to address guest complaints, how to address problems with co workers. The hardest part of this job would be an unhappy guest. I dislike seeing guest upset so i always made it my mission for the guest to leave our store happy. the most enjoyable thing about working here besides the fun work environment would be pleasing the guest.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
not enough breaks, not always enough employees