Pick Up Stix

Pick Up Stix Employee Reviews

Good work enviorment, Fast paced, flexible hours.
Server (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Half off lunches, flexible work schedule, friendly enviorment, amazing management.
Cons: No raises, no tips.
I worked here for about a year and a half as a Cashier/Server. Good flexible hours if your a student or working elsewhere. Management at my location was awesome, always got along with my coworkers, everyone was always team players, and everyone was always helpful. The only thing that really was the worst part of the job is that we do the same work as "servers" but no tips and for minimum wage and no raises.. I had atleast 100 people try and add a tip on from their card purchase but we don't "have that option" so that would have been nice. :/ Other than that no complaints! This was a good job to have when I was a student in medical college & I will miss it here.
Fast paced environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Fairly easy job and there was always something to do
Cons: Low pay (To be expected)
Typical day at work was spent making sure customers were happy, employees were completing tasks, food was kept up to health standards, and everything was kept clean. Management worked hard and were nice enough. I enjoyed the fast paced environment, but it was not what I wanted to do long term.
Great first job opportunity
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 25, 2015
Great establishment that offers great opportunities and is flexible with school schedules. Great people and great food!
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Covina, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: new experience
Cons: few hours
good experience. as a mangement learn alot. new menus, new type of service. learn how to cook asian food wich was fun. met a lot of new co workers
horrible place to work
Delivery Driver / Cashier (Former Employee), huntington beach, CANovember 6, 2014
The upper management will abuse you, along with not listening to your needs on your schedule. If you are unable to work at a certain day or time and are not a shift lead they will still schedule you and after having your shift covered 3 times they will fire you for not working scheduled days. If you think about having any sort of food in the front before opening or after closing management will fire you. If you are looking for a temp part-time job then this is perfect for you, but if you are not then please do not waste your time applying for them. I am a former employee and got fired for these reasons.
Very time consuming, lousy pay
General Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: 1 free lunch a day
Cons: over-worked, under appreciated, unrealistic goals, poor staffing allowances
If you would like to spend all of your time on this earth working and commuting to and from work, by all means, this is the company for you. As a General Manager for this company for 4 years, I have gone through over half a dozen transfers. the average commute time over this period was 90 min one way. Which might not sound too bad, however when you are passing 4 or 5 other store locations on your way to work it can be quite irritating. The truth is that the managers that are running those stores have the same commute coming from the other direction. Managers are expected to work 50 hours a week. Which causes them to have to take on the roll of cashier, food runner, food packer, prep cook, line cook, food coordinator, and dishwasher. And this is on top of all of the other managerial duties required to run a successful restaurant. There have been many days where I was one of two people staffed in the entire restaurant for up to 4 or 5 hours, without the ability to step out for a break. All of this is necessary to meet the obscene labor goals set by corporate management. Overall, if you like to be a one-man-show, and work every waking hour of your life, in a high stress environment, then this just might be the place for you. But don't expect to get paid very much for what you do. Out of the dozen hats you'll be wearing while working for this company, you'd be luck if you got paid for wearing just one.
plenty of room to grow
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 2, 2014
worked with this company for a year. and was allowed to move up the ranks really fast. just had to work hard and put in the effort.
Enjoyable fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Upland, CAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: 50 % discount, open welcoming evironment, my co workers
Cons: cut hours
A typical day of work at Pick up Stix consists of a lot of down time.
We were mostly only busy around lunch time and dinner time which made it much more enjoyable being in a fast paced environment, and working as a team with your co workers to get orders out fast to the hungry costumers!
The hardest part of my job at Pick up Stix would have to be that when you do get a rush, you are only working with one other person. So you have to make sure everything is getting done such as taking orders, bagging up the food, and making sure you're keeping the work environment clean.
I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my friendly co workers!
good first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CAJune 30, 2014
I learned how to work with demanding customers and work under pressure. Management was flexible and understanding. Coworkers we not ideal, but that also gave me an opportunity to learn how to work with different kinds of people.
Food service industry
Food Runner, Cashier, Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 7, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: hours
Typical food service company. Decent managers. Mostly friendly co-workers. Funnest part was talking with customers and co-workers alike.
Great communication and team effort.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Escondido, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: part time job.
Working with my coworkes is always fun, we try and make sure everybody is having a good time. If somebody is in a bad mood we try and help them be in a better mood. Talking to each customers and learning their names so next time they come in we call them by their names so they know that we care about their visit. Sometimes it does get busy and gets a little stressfull but we work it out at the end. Management is really good we communicate with each other and work as a time to make the store a fun environment.
I love this place
FOH/CSR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: it closed down
I loved working with the managers, co-workers, everything.
the food was great, was in a great location. everything. I'm just sad it closed down.
great for multi tasking
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Vista, CAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: customer interaction, easy going
Cons: compensation
wonderful enviornment that constantly changes. From serving to cashiering to handling food. great customer interaction. fast paced, yet easy going
Fun place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, presonable, quality service, opportunities to advance, fun
Pick Up Stix was a fun, though sometimes stressful place to work, but what restaurant isn't stressful at times? I started working at Pick Up Stick when I was 16 and had to end my time with the company due to moving. I learned a lot about how to manage a store effectively and provide quality customer service through out my 3 years there. With the proper training and my desire to advance, I was promoted quickly. I enjoyed my entire experience there, from the mundane tasks of stocking cups to the interactions with the customers.
Fast working enviroment.
Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2013
Pick Up Stix is a okay place to work. Sometime Things arent as together as they should be though.
Very Fun Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: great food and people
Cons: would not give me a raise.
I really enjoyed working here, this was my first job as an asst manager and was promoted very fast. I had an awesome team to work with.
horrible place to work
manger (Former Employee), carlsbadOctober 17, 2012
Pros: good food
Cons: low pay
Ok so they over work you,and the pay is low the mangers don't really have a clue. They want you to work long hours daily gives you no time for a life. I been working for pick up stix for three years and
and it was a good experience but at the end it just wasn't worth it.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Cashier/server (Former Employee), Temecula, CaAugust 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch, good work environment, great management
My work day consisted of dealing with orders, serving customers, and cleaning. I learned time management and organization. The management was great and they treated us very well. My coworkers were all level headed and knew what was needed and how to achieve their goal. The hardest part of the job was the stress of evening rush, as the pace of the job sometimes doubled or tripled.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and company.
Productive and fun workplace
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJune 22, 2012
Pros: fun, discounted lunches, advancement
Cons: they closed!
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was always a fun upbeat environment. Management was awesome and the co workers were too. I was very sad when they decided to close the stores in Northern California.
Easy place to work and great food discounts.
Food runner/Cashier (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 7, 2012
Pros: discounted/free food, easy work, and friendly staff.
Easy place to work, a good job to have right out of high school. If orders were placed wrong or phoned in to the wrong location, we were able to keep that food for ourselves, i liked that because it would save money on lunches. The co-workers were very friendly as well as management.