PICS Inventory Employee Reviews

auditor
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Holly, MIMay 31, 2017
great opportunities weather its good team members or manager to great job locations and scheduling. you work all over the island and island chains. great experience
Boring
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
This job you do a lot of counting. You'll work very early hours to very late hours. You sometimes get to travel out of state. Its an okay job.. Not much hours given.
Pros
Get to travel
Cons
You only get paid when you are counting not from start time to end time.
Caregiver
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 9, 2017
I cooked cleaned and gave baths to the residents watched over them and helped them with there daily activities it's a very serious job I love the eldery I've been working with the majority of my life
good place to work
Invetory cleck (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 27, 2017
A good job. you drive to different location under or they have a ride that can take you to locations further away. once at location grab a scan gun, then the supervisor give you an area to count all items. we the team finish counting the store inventory items the job is done. depending on location you could work 5-8 hrs.
It's not a good place to work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
I worked for PICS inventory for a while, for an auditor position. The job itself is easy - just need to count the products at the markets and put the information in the machine. The supervisor is friendly, and I didn't have problems with my colleagues. But they don't have any kind of career path to follow and they don't even have any kind of procedures on what is expected for you to exceed in this job. To make the things worse, you need to wake up early - sometimes 3:00 in the morning - just to travel to the job sites. You also need to bend, remove cold merchandise from freezers - don't apply if you have problems in your knees or can't climb on ladders. The pay is low, and the problem is that they only pay you miles driven if the location is far away 30 miles from the central office.And of course, if you need to travel, you need to drive to the central office first to get in the van. But most of the time, you need to drive to the store locations, and you spend much money on gas and maintenance in your car. The start wage is US$ 10,00 an hour in Atlanta area, that is good for this type of job - the problem is the costs of gas and maintenance of the car. It ended up on average of 6 to 8 dollars an hour. This means that the turnover of the company is very high. People spend only one month working in this company. The longest Auditor that I met worked for 4 months. So, for a part-time job (20 hours a week) is not a good job to go. Better to work in a restaurant or do another part-time job.
Pros
Staff friendly
Cons
early morning hours, low wages, gas and maintenance
Pics inventory is an awful company to work for. RGIS is far better!
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  HawaiiNovember 16, 2016
Management at PICS in Hawaii is terrible, especially the management! Most managers and employees are drug addicts and alot of them steal from the stores theyre working in. The corporate office doesnt pay much attention to what goes on in Hawaii so they pretty much get away with murder and violate many of their own company policies. I recommend working for RGIS instead, theyre much more professional than PICS.
Pros
Get to travel interisland
Cons
Management is terrible
Great place to work when others do their job
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2016
Given a great chance to advance. Loved the work but I found the people I work with don't have much of a sense of team work and have no work ethic. The coworkers would call out for being drunk the night before, or call out when pay day occurred and would often make excuses and then call in and make an excuse and then get mad when the area manager or district manager wrote them up. The hours were great in that I would go in early and get off at a good time. I learned that young people today have no work ethic and are only interested in themselves and don't care about others. The area manager was great and the district manager was tough but fair. They both were willing to work with you as long as you worked with them in the boundries that the company set. The hardest part of the job was the 2 a.m. wakeups. The most enjoyable part was getting our evaluations and seeing that the stores appreciated what we did.
Pros
Getting off at 1 or 2 in the afternoon
Cons
No smoke breaks
it was okay
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2016
i hated it they where judge mental they had there own little cliques if you did not fit in witht the cliquie then you where fired i do not recommond tthis job unless you need it
ok
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2016
i enjoyed traveling to different states and got along with other crews we work with. i disliked the schedule it was very erraditic. one day wed have to leave at 3:30am the next 5am then 4 am. this beame stressful when i became the sole driver of the van
Part time work only
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2015
As a career, this job will eat up all your personal life. Working many times 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day. In the office I was working at was a very unique group of employees.
Cons
long hours, low pay for career minded individuals
Exciting new places and fun people
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 11, 2015
This job was like being apart of a family and the supervisors, area managers made sure everything was okay, made sure you had a ride home, company cars were provided. We count gas stations, grocery stores all over california, i learned how to take control with more then 5-10 people when area managers send us to are areas. co-workers were funny people, when it comes to work everyone made sure everybody was good. The hardest part was counting these package seasoning, and seasoning bottles hard to see and to many to count. but the thing that i most enjoy was being around different people it was new to me at the time and cool, co-workers there were family to me an i learned a lot from them.
Pros
free breakfast
Exciting to build teams and grow the business
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2015
Overall I enjoy the inventory side of a business. I came on board with PICS to start new teams and grow the business within the Cleveland, Akron, Columbus and Pittsburgh area. I was very successful and accomplished what I set out to do for PICS.
Pros
Managed my own territory and teams, created my monthly schedule, Independence, able to grow the company
Cons
poor upper management, no career path, very early hours
No Future with company due to no opportunities for growth
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grand Terrace, CAMay 12, 2015
Work hours vary week to week. Sometimes they will work you a full week and other times there is no work at all. Hours vary and make it hard to manage home and family
Inventory Supervisor
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2015
Data Entry, 10 key by touch, uploaded and transferred inventory packages, Inventory of major stores, customer service and crazy work hours
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Productive Workplace
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2015
The same task everyday, but it keeps you busy. Most of your work is done independently unless you fall behind another coworker is willing to give you a hand. Management was understanding and willing to work with you if there were any issues.
Productive and admired company focuses on employee needs
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, Ca to all of Southern CaliforniaNovember 14, 2014
Teams would depend on the size of the store that was being audited. Auditing hours were anywhere from 10 p.m. till around 5 a.m. Work was about focus and consistency. Time management was a must. Teams had a certain amount of time to finish a store while maintaining a 95% accuracy per specialist. I learned how to work through the long hours of the early morning and hold a fast pace. Competition among the specialist helped drive teams to finish stores early at points. Managers were very friendly and open with their employees. They knew the strengths and weaknesses of their teams, placing specialists in the right place so each store would be finished on time. The hardest part of the job was to remain driven and not dull out in the 5th and 6th hour of counting thousands and thousands of product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the store locations after hours empty and lifeless. Also hearing the clicking of calculator machines.
Pros
Drive time was paid
Cons
Time of day in which we went to work was early in the morning 10-5 a.m.
Taking Inventory at Orscheln Farm and Home
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2014
Take inventory around Orscheln stores using data entry machines. My co-workers were very funny and nice. The manager, Louie Aguilar was very rude and condescending.
Travel within the state of hawaii
Customer Service/Lead Supervisor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 16, 2014
Great Company to adhere by with management skills. Lead to local chain companies with the state of hawaii as well as other states.
Great Experience
AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2014
This is a fast paced job that requires you to be able to multitask as well as be accurate. Traveling allows you to see different surroundings that are right under your nose even if you have lived there all of your life. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they push you to be the best that you can be. Everyone instantly clicks which makes the job fun and makes you want to challenge yourself throughout the work day.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
extra early morning
Inventory Specialist
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 20, 2013
Day starts at about 4am you meet at company meeting spot to get on to the van to transfer you to your work site. We sign in with inventory machines and record all products on shelves as accurate as possible.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
no healthcare, benefits