PICS Inventory Employee Reviews in United States

it was okay
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2016
i hated it they where judge mental they had there own little cliques if you did not fit in witht the cliquie then you where fired i do not recommond tthis job unless you need it
ok
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2016
i enjoyed traveling to different states and got along with other crews we work with. i disliked the schedule it was very erraditic. one day wed have to leave at 3:30am the next 5am then 4 am. this beame stressful when i became the sole driver of the van
Part time work only
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 12, 2015
As a career, this job will eat up all your personal life. Working many times 7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day. In the office I was working at was a very unique group of employees.
Cons
long hours, low pay for career minded individuals
Exciting new places and fun people
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 11, 2015
This job was like being apart of a family and the supervisors, area managers made sure everything was okay, made sure you had a ride home, company cars were provided. We count gas stations, grocery stores all over california, i learned how to take control with more then 5-10 people when area managers send us to are areas. co-workers were funny people, when it comes to work everyone made sure everybody was good. The hardest part was counting these package seasoning, and seasoning bottles hard to see and to many to count. but the thing that i most enjoy was being around different people it was new to me at the time and cool, co-workers there were family to me an i learned a lot from them.
Pros
free breakfast
Exciting to build teams and grow the business
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2015
Overall I enjoy the inventory side of a business. I came on board with PICS to start new teams and grow the business within the Cleveland, Akron, Columbus and Pittsburgh area. I was very successful and accomplished what I set out to do for PICS.
Pros
Managed my own territory and teams, created my monthly schedule, Independence, able to grow the company
Cons
poor upper management, no career path, very early hours
No Future with company due to no opportunities for growth
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grand Terrace, CAMay 12, 2015
Work hours vary week to week. Sometimes they will work you a full week and other times there is no work at all. Hours vary and make it hard to manage home and family
Inventory Supervisor
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2015
Data Entry, 10 key by touch, uploaded and transferred inventory packages, Inventory of major stores, customer service and crazy work hours
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Productive Workplace
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 5, 2015
The same task everyday, but it keeps you busy. Most of your work is done independently unless you fall behind another coworker is willing to give you a hand. Management was understanding and willing to work with you if there were any issues.
Productive and admired company focuses on employee needs
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, Ca to all of Southern CaliforniaNovember 14, 2014
Teams would depend on the size of the store that was being audited. Auditing hours were anywhere from 10 p.m. till around 5 a.m. Work was about focus and consistency. Time management was a must. Teams had a certain amount of time to finish a store while maintaining a 95% accuracy per specialist. I learned how to work through the long hours of the early morning and hold a fast pace. Competition among the specialist helped drive teams to finish stores early at points. Managers were very friendly and open with their employees. They knew the strengths and weaknesses of their teams, placing specialists in the right place so each store would be finished on time. The hardest part of the job was to remain driven and not dull out in the 5th and 6th hour of counting thousands and thousands of product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the store locations after hours empty and lifeless. Also hearing the clicking of calculator machines.
Pros
drive time was paid
Cons
time of day in which we went to work was early in the morning 10-5 a.m.
Taking Inventory at Orscheln Farm and Home
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 20, 2014
Take inventory around Orscheln stores using data entry machines. My co-workers were very funny and nice. The manager, Louie Aguilar was very rude and condescending.
Travel within the state of hawaii
Customer Service/Lead Supervisor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 16, 2014
Great Company to adhere by with management skills. Lead to local chain companies with the state of hawaii as well as other states.
Great Experience
AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2014
This is a fast paced job that requires you to be able to multitask as well as be accurate. Traveling allows you to see different surroundings that are right under your nose even if you have lived there all of your life. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they push you to be the best that you can be. Everyone instantly clicks which makes the job fun and makes you want to challenge yourself throughout the work day.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
extra early morning
Inventory Specialist
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 20, 2013
Day starts at about 4am you meet at company meeting spot to get on to the van to transfer you to your work site. We sign in with inventory machines and record all products on shelves as accurate as possible.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no healthcare, benefits
It's A Job, nothing more nothing less
Auditor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 10, 2013
Not so bad but not so good either. It wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't weeks off at a time, they provide transportation since a lot of the job sites are out of town but be prepared for long rides in crowded vans for a few hours work, sometimes the drive would be longer than the work.
Pros
provide transportation
Cons
long drives, no benefits, low number of hours
Great while it lasted..
Inventory Auditor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 30, 2013
Getting up before the crack of dawn to only work for 2-4 hours.
DM would rather text you than call you.
Enjoyed my time there when everyone was getting along.
ok work place
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  flint miApril 9, 2013
counting inventory
my manager was very cool and layed back but very helpful
the hardest part of this job is standing on your feet for 13 hrs some times
Road trips are fun and the co-workers are great
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 24, 2013
The job is a good job if you want to help pay the bills but as far as making a career at it i wouldn"t. no benefits, minimum wage to start and no room for a advancement unless your willing to move out of state.
Pros
having fun on the job
Cons
no benefits
very fun and helpful company and people
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2012
we worked at night started arund 9pm got off around 3am.how to deal with all different people.The company was amazing the people were fun we alwasy had a great time.
Pros
we recieved free snacks fot lunch
Cons
short breaks
PICS was a fun job with daytime hours that I enjoyed working.
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 21, 2012
We traveled to different Food Lions and Lowes Foods all over the state to do inventory. We started at 6 am and usually finished at about 1 pm-2 pm which was perfect for me. I have been doing inventory a long time and I enjoy it, its a very fun job. The management there was very helpful and patient, and set a good example for everyone else. On the other hand my co-workers were young and liked a lot of drama. It got to be too much for me to handle which is why I am not employed there anymore. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different rules of both stores and the correct procedures of each one. The most enjoyable part was counting everyting in the store accurately and the feeling of satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
good hours, decent pay
Cons
not being accepted with co-workers because i didnt smoke cigarretes
love inventory
auditor (Current Employee) –  las vegas nv & honolulu, HIMarch 9, 2012
great place to work. Very fast paced type of environment. Great hours and lots of travel depending on where you live.

2.7