PIEDMONT AIRLINES

PIEDMONT AIRLINES Employer Reviews

Productive workplace with an ever changing environment
Customer service agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2014
Pros: free air travel
Cons: working late hours
A typical day at work involves greeting aircraft and then boarding passengers on to planes. It's a high energy fast-paced environment.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 4, 2014
• Designation: Customer Service Agent
• Assists and checks in passengers for flights
• Process and sale flight tickets to customers
• Initialize and board flights
• Process lost and damaged bag claims

*The main concept I learned from this job is strong customer service skills and how to work under pressure.
Hard working labor
ramp agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: flying benifits (get to fly for free, per open sets on aircraft)
Cons: short breaks, sometimes short staffed
Loading aircraft's with a reliably coworker is fun. you earn how to load bags in a way to be able to fit as much as 150 bags in one cargo bin. you learn how to operate doors and panels on the aircraft. also you learn how to marshal and push aircraft's out. The hardest part of this job is making sure that you stay hydrated during the hot summers. other – more... than that it can be fun and enjoyable if you are very energetic. – less
Job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMay 16, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: pay
Pay is not that great, but the flight benefits are pretty good
Loaded/off loaded baggage from aircrafts
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 15, 2014
As a ramp agent I drove heavy equipment, loaded and off loaded luggage from aircrafts and enjoyed customer service relations.
Productive and fun environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaApril 21, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: part time
Everyday is different, its fun and I enjoy the people I work with and what I do.
Piedmont Airlines is a good place to work, if you can get full-time.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTApril 17, 2014
Pros: good insurance to buy, management is excellent, ojt
Cons: most start with part-time hours (20+), pay is modest
As with any airline, you have late aircrafts. Sometimes you may have to stay over, if you scheduled flights don't arrive on time and there would not be enough staff without you. This is to be expected. Piedmont likes to have primarily part timers. This allows for more people working on all the flights, but hurts the people coming in the door, because – more... they usually start out on part-time.

Health/dental/vision insurance is said to be good for full-timers. Part timers can purchase insurance for a reasonable amount. pay is modest. Job Security is good if you like to work.

Management is good to excellent. Promotions are from within when available. They do have a union. Sometimes that can be helpful. They train well and you know what to expect most of the time.

Overall, this is a good company to work for, if you plan to work in the airline industry. – less
Very professional
Customer Service Operations Manager (Current Employee), Syracuse NY 13212April 6, 2014
Pros: management takes care of the employees
Cons: never share dirty laundry!
This is a great company and they really make a difference. I feel empowered and supported by management to make positive changes. The company takes its culture and values seriously. They do business right!
Free Flights
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: unorganized work environment
Everything about this job is messy. The management is unorganized and unprofessional. Dont even think of making friends. Its like high school all over again.
Very By the Books
Team Member Services - Payroll (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: flight benefits, healthcare, paid time off, overtime
Cons: strict tardiness and attendance policies
Piedmont is a great place to work if you can maintain a strict schedule. As long as you don't have any attendance issues you can get by just fine. Job benefits are great including paid vacation, sick time, overtime, healthcare, and flight benefits.
Fun place to work
Tower Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: weather, delays, cancellations
Piedmont was a fun job with lots of different personalities. We all worked together to get the job done, even on the difficult days. Dealing with weather and delays and cancellations was the hardest part. Working with a variety of people was the most enjoyable part.
Excellent company to work for with a great management team
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: you have the opportunity to travel the globe, basically for free.
Cons: a lot of time away from home and family
As the only flight attendant on a regional aircraft, my day can include as many as six flights. We take passengers from the regional airports to the hubs and vice versa. It can be a very physically demanding job, but also a very rewarding one.

Being away from home for long stretches can be hard to get used to, but working with professional, goal oriented – more... people helps.

Each year, we undergo recurrent training. This is a two day course with a pre study course that we complete on line. This is a very intense training period where we go over, and over the safety procedures, first aid, and planned and unplanned evacuations.

I have learned that I am part of a team, all working together to get passengers safety from point A to point B. I have had to think on my feet and use my good judgment. Being the only flight attendant on board, there is no one else to refer to in any given situation.

The most enjoyable part about my job is when my passengers thank me for a job well done. – less
Good regional airline
PILOT FIRST OFFICER (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: people, mission!
Cons: dash-8 follow on aircraft unknown
I can't compare to other regionals. Commute can be tough. Chief Pilot is awesome! Dash-8 is a blast. Personnel are fantastic. Lots of senior pilots, advancement can be tough.
Great workplace
Crossed trained customer service agent. (Current Employee), Yuma AZJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: lifting heavy bags which helps me stay in shape
A typical day at work would be working with customers. I checked them in and helped them with their travel plans. I have been recognized by the Yuma International Airport as the best customer support agent they have. I have complimentary letters from many customers. I love my customer service part of this job. It is a wonderful feeling helping people. – more... I also work outback lifting bags and making sure the plane are safe for travel. I do not feel there is any hard part about this job. I enjoy the entire job. The most enjoyable is when I have customers that have issues and I am able to correct these issues and have them begin their vacation on a positive note. I also train all employees. – less
Benefits!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Sky HarborDecember 28, 2013
This place has weak pay, but the benefits are extraordinary! Would love to work here again.
no review
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2013
loved working here I actually miss this place I enjoyed the people contact
Productive fun place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2013
Busy place but good benefits. Good working place. cant complain
good
Airport Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), PHLNovember 25, 2013
Working at the airport
customer service agent.
passenger operation control.
Productive work day; good co-workers, interesting job (airlines)
Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free flight benefits, good medical and dental for ft emp's.
Cons: horrible management, broken support equipment, starting pay.
Fairly cool place to work; behind the scenes of airlines supporting larger US Airways. Excellent benefits (including flight benefits), nice people to work with. Poor management, no leadership, cut-throat upper management expecting increasing customer base without hiring extra workers. Typical day includes loading/unloading aircraft within time constraints – more... on a skeletal crew, run-down equipment, etc.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with management BS and extreme weather (hot, cold). Job is pretty good when weather is nice and management goes home for the day. – less
Enjoyed Working For Piedmont
Ramp Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: flight benefits
This Company is what you make it. If you want to follow policy and procedures you would have a enjoyable workplace.

1 2 3