PIEDMONT AIRLINES Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2015
A typical day isn't a normal day, It can be either crazy or quiet. I've learned how to work at a fast pace and how to handle working with customers when it comes to their bags or whatnot. Management changed frequently while I worked here and the Supervisors were awesome to work with and would work with you if you had an issue or whatever. The co-workers were awesome to work with, Hardest part about the job was doing a quick turnaround in a short amount of time but was done more than 75% of the time they were out on time. And what I enjoyed most about the job was the people I worked with and the planes I got to work on.
Pros
Free flights, Great benefits, Great people to work with
Cons
short breaks, no breaks, cleaning up vomit mess in planes, cleaning planes on turnaround flights
This job was great
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2015
The day at the work place was a typical day. I learned many responsibilities that i can take to other jobs.I cant say nothing bad about the airlines they treated employees with great respect
a job that really takes you places!
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 15, 2015
Working in the Parts Dept. was one of my favorite jobs i ever had. We got free flying benefits, a safe and fun work environment and great benefits. my coworkers became a second family to me. the hardest part of the job would have had to have been the road trips. but that's probably my only complaint.
Line pilot flying
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2015
Piedmont Airlines was the best total work envirment any employee could ever experience. A company that actually cared about it"s employees and people who would take the extra care to the customer, It really was "The Up and Coming Airline".
Great Company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 25, 2015
Merger with Us Airways and American was completely unorganized, otherwise a good company to work for. Great benefits and Free flying.
Pros
Free flying, great benefits
Cons
Unorganized merger
great benefits
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PASeptember 21, 2015
Processing payroll as a team member for about 6700 employees across the US. Management does not feel continuing education is important. Co-workers all not all into being team members.
productive work place
Custumer service agent (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 17, 2015
most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people all the time and talking to everyone from all over the world, also being able to travel when ever you wanted and seeing how other people lived. the hardest part of the job was getting everyone to work together and do the work as a team. I believe that if we worked together then that is less work for everyone else and we will also get it done together.
A fun enviornment and great job culture
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2015
Working for this company was probably one of the best times of my work life. the people are great. They make work so much fun and make it much more comfortable to work. The hardest part about this job is probably working in the heat. I learned the functions of airport ground operations. it may be hard at first but after training, its so easy.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Short staffed
wholly owned and totally disowned
CLT RAMP (Current Employee) –  CLTAugust 27, 2015
Piedmont is a solid company with the ability to be the a great company that employees love to work for. Being wholly owned, the company culture is dictated from the parent company. The company culture is embarrassingly degrading to the point of operational failures and morale is poor because there is no upper level leadership. This company has changed and adapted to the tough environment in aviation over the last 15 years in their defense, but talent loss is epidemic because somebody is asleep at the switch.
Pros
stand by flights, great health insurance
Cons
no top level management interactions with lower level managment
N/A
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2015
Working for a airline is a different type of job. It become challenging dealing with your work environment but it is fun meeting new people. I love to travel so this is the right job for me.
Reactive rater than Proactive, no quality oriented Company
ABR Agent (Current Employee) –  CharlotteJuly 8, 2015
It is a company with a lot of opportunities,
The employed has to learn how to survive at the vast process variation.
Management don't know who the customer really is.
Coworkers are disoriented
Handle with reactive management.
Nice people in the management and in the process area.

ABR, Agent,

Company with a lot of opportunities.

it is a good company to work, with many challenges, I wish the top management be open mind and adopt the TQM culture..
Pros
Opportunity to fly at no cost, good health insurance
Cons
Low salary, no incentives for the good employees
environment and co-workers
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2015
i liked the position i had. the environment was the best part of the job. down time from the airplanes' inbound time made the day faster
Pros
co-workers and customers
Cons
no cons at all
The Flight benefits are amazing!
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2015
Love working with coworkers and the flexibility of the schedule. Work is only hard when your under staffed and the weather is harsh. You learn how to work hard with not a lot of help, and also how to be a team. Staffing is a constant struggle between workers and management. Management is not good at all the hiring process is a joke. You don't have to have any management experience or people skills to get the job. The only positive about the job is the ability to fly your family around the world and the relationships you develop with your fellow coworkers.
Pros
Flights
Cons
Management, Staffing
A great place to begin your career
Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJune 20, 2015
Piedmont Airlines has been in business a very long time and provides a good, reliable place to begin your career or to retire from. It operates much like any other regional airline.
Most fun job I ever had
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJune 12, 2015
I loved going to work. I was really good at it. Was friends with pilots and flight attendants. Simple but fast paced. Physical but not mentally challenging. Pay was abysmal but you get awesome flight benefits and some good discounts with other companies.
Management had an unspoken policy of pitting employees against one another which made it much more stressful than it should have been. My former manager has since been fired for doing just that. Put a management team in that cares about their employees and you have a nearly perfect job.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
management playing favorites blatantly
Professional Crews doing excellent work
Captain (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 22, 2015
The vast majority of the troops at PDT were very professional. I flew with and worked with many fine aviators and ground support people over the years. I have, without reservation recommended many of them in their career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Professional Crews doing excellent work
Cons
Pay and working conditions
Amazing Team!
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 29, 2015
Flex agent position is rough, but how you have to start out. basically you will work almost 40 hours a week at part time pay if they are understaffed. Its rough seeing that it is a "Part Time" Position. But everybody you work with are amazing and always helpful. Too bad the pay wasn't a little more.
Pros
FREE FLIGHTS
Cons
NO TIME FOR FREE FLIGHTS
fast moving enviroment
Customer Service Agent, Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2015
greeting passengers, boarding passengers on to the air planes. conducing security searches. and reviewing travel documents. I learned a lot about customer service in a fast moving environment
Pros
Piedmont employees fly for free
Cons
managent and short breaks
Very fun place o wok at
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYApril 1, 2015
Very supportive management while i was finishing my school. and coworkers were always available to take the shifts to help me finish my degree.
Pros
FREE FLYING
Cons
LIMITED openings for growth
Pay not commenserate with workload.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
Most enjoyable aspect of this job is the ability to fly for free. The hardest part is keeping up with the ever changing rules and regulations of management.