Piedmont Airlines Employee Reviews

Great place and location to work
Ramp Agent, Piedmont American Airlines (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 13, 2017
Fast paced, great place to work, learned a lot, perks, great coworkers. Loading and unloading planes, maintaining safety, cleaning planes, need to be a hard worker to succeed.
Work
Engineering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDOctober 8, 2017
Great place to work. Opportunities to advance or change careers. Great work environment. Great manager. Great employee travel benefits for employee, family and friends.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 8, 2017
Checking in/boarding customers for flights to great destination for their trips for pleasure and business is gratifying and enjoyable for both them and me especially when all flights go as designed. When they do not sill getting them there in the best way possible and doing the best you can to correct a deficiency is also one of the most gratifying parts of the position and job as well as taking care of our own employees in the meantime.
The job
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 5, 2017
Come here to fly! Don't make it your main job. That being said. I still work here but it is by no means a bad job! You fly for free!!! That being said enjoy your time
Pros
Free flykng
Cons
The physical labor
Great Work Envvironment
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 5, 2017
This is a great place to work. There are friendly coworkers and managers, and it's a great place to be if you enjoy traveling and seeing new places also.
Terrible management
Cross Utilized Agent (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 4, 2017
Worst job I ever had. I had worked for a precious airline for 28 years. They were no longer working at the airport so I went to Piedmont! Horrible mgt
Pros
Flight Benefits
Irritating work and management
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2017
This job is great if you want to travel the world but that is all. If you are ready to have low pay and be disrespected by customers and management this job is perfect for you. I am ready to leave due to the low pay and inconsistency in the company.
Pros
Flying for free
Cons
Low pay, management
Piedmont
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2017
It was a very stressful and physically demanding job. They offered free flying but that was the only reason to work there. I quit so I could help out my niece with babysitting.
Pros
Free flying
Cons
No health insurance
sad
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64105September 24, 2017
the benefits were cool, but pointless if they wont give you days off. promises were never kept and poor management. worked mandatory overtime on graveyard shifts.
Pros
flights
Cons
no breaks
Temporary
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Avoca, PASeptember 22, 2017
Solid pay and benefits depending on where you live. You might get paid just enough to get by!
Main benefit is free travel within the US. I was able to eventually relocate from a flyover state to major US city where I've had much more opportunity.

Want to know more about Piedmont Airlines?

Ask a question
Free Flight Benefits
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
The pay is not all that great. Being able to fly anywhere in the world offsets the pay. Folks who work on the ramp all come together in oder to get the aircraft off in a timely manner.
Pros
Flight Benefita
Cons
Working outdoors during the hottest part of the year.
Cross Trained Agent
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 7, 2017
Piedmont Airlines is a subsidiary operating as American Airlines. They have a union so there is some form of job security. However, the agents are paid substantially lower than American Airline agents. I would only suggest this job to someone who wants to obtain airline work experience.
Pros
Free Flights
Cons
Very poor mid and upper management
Amazing Support And Team Oriented
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Montoursville, PASeptember 5, 2017
I really enjoy working for Peidmont, as the work is challenging and the benefits are amazing. There is a tremendous amount of growth opportunities as well. The support form upper management makes me feel appreciated and more confident.
Pros
Free Flights
I enjoyed working there
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2017
It was an fast paced environment with friendly customer service people it was an fun job I did my duties to the best of my ability it's an job I loved
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Not diverse enough in management staff
fun place to work !
Customer Service Cross Trained Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYAugust 24, 2017
I enjoy the travel benefits.You really get to see the world for very little cost...The hardest part of the job is when you can't get people to their destinations on time.
Pros
travel
Cons
no security
Airline Job
First Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2017
Pros
Flow to American Airlines (approx. 7-10 years)
Fast upgrade time
Company is growing in size

Cons
Bad schedules
Outdated technology
Slow to adapt to changing industry
Disorganized training department
Poor company culture
N/a
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 15, 2017
load and unload bags, I learned nothing, management is by far the worst I ever worked with, I work with a bunch of idiots, the agents are more educated than the majority of management, the hardest part of the job is dealing with management and working in inclement weather, the most enjoyable part is working with some of the people and clocking out and going home
Pros
flight benefits only reason to work there
Cons
management is uneducated
Great people/management needs work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2017
The people at Piedmont are great however the management is not fair. You are not compensated for the amount of work you actually do. The hours are not usually good at first but the ability to swap is helpful.
Pros
flights
Productive,Busy Hub
Ramp unit manager -CLT (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2017
Very good health benefits as well as flight benefits. Very fast paced, lots of great people from different backgrounds. Pay is competitive with other ground handlers. By far Piedmont is the best in pay second to mainline.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
bad weather effects on the HUB
Fun
Warehouse Worker/Yard Switcher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
Great place to work go0d people good fly benefit. Sum of supervisors is cool if you need help. You get a lot of vacation time off and a lot of opportunity to move up in a company