Piedmont Health Services Employee Reviews

Awful place to work, don't waste your time
Clinic Staff (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 12, 2017
As a healthcare professional for over 15 years, this is the most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Management and HR are a joke. If you are not a "favorite " employee they will make your life miserable, you will be bulley'd, you will be unappreciated, you will be disrespected, and they will find any reason to fire you. The providers and patients are great. PHS makes you feel like you are doing good work, and you are, but they however are not. They are all about Money, and do not follow their mission, vision out cultural statements.

Do not waste your time applying here, you will be underpaid and over worked. They have a very high turnover rate and struggle to keep medical assistants, nurses and PCC's.
Pros
Benefits ( for individuals not families)
Cons
Evrrything else!
bad management
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 31, 2017
high turnover rate, bad management, lack of organization, no communication, no overtime at all, too many task for one person in a day with no overtime
Top-heavy admin plays favorites - disorganized organization
Employee (Current Employee) –  EverywhereAugust 2, 2017
PHS' game is all about being seen, rather than actually "doing". They are so far afield from their mission in term of patient care that it makes those who choose the work for the mission less mission-oriented. Corporate is so dysfunctional that they lower the morale of the staff. PHS won't fire anyone, they'll just promote them or move them to another position, keeping the dysfunction in place. On the surface, Piedmont look like they have it together - they know the buzzwords and make it seem like they're moving forward and are innovators. Beware - they are not innovators; rather they are imposters.

If you want to work for an organization that shows promise, where your ideas will be valued, where there will be opportunities for advancement and leadership to look up to and respect, look elsewhere. The program is diseased.
Pros
Benefits are decent, providers are excellent and really make the job worthwhile
Cons
Corporate has no insight into its shortcomings. No 360 evaluations
great benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 8, 2017
Great experience I got to met the most wonderful and to served a beautiful community.however some people in management can be very toxic and contaminate the whole clinic.
Pros
Great co-workers, awesome potlucks
Cons
no more than 24 hrs inclement weather!
Favoritism, racism
Survivor (Current Employee) –  NCApril 18, 2017
Piedmont Health is the most unorganized place I have ever worked. It's hard to believe the organization has been in business over 45 years! Favoritism and racism run rampant through the company, the majority of leadership and managers are black women. Turnover is constant . Not enough people hired to do ithe work, constantly expecting more with no incentive, policies are applied as seen fit, Leadership practices are unethical blind eye is turned, HR "leader" is incompetent and a huge liability for the company, hard work and experience is not what advances employees.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism, turnover
Information about PHS
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 18, 2017
The company is in debt so much they won't hire enough people to run the clinic. Your OVER worked and UNDER paid. You consistently stressed because you have so much to do with little help. There are NO raises at all no matter how long your with the company.
Pros
The patients
Cons
No raises, under staffed and over worked
New managment has no clue what they are doing!
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 7, 2016
I was hired for a new room and the rules changed every few days if not every day. The RT was really unsure of how to run the new room but instead of working as a team to solve problems that arose she would take disciplinary action against me then change the rules. Management really showed favoritism on who they would enforce certain rules on and who they wouldn't. Lots of gossip among the staff. Lots of people just not wanting to work. Job expectation became unrealistic. lots of positions due to people quiting and being fired within their 90 days. Unprofessional, unorganized, and at times hostile work environment. They were very sneaky. If you did something they wouldn't speak to you then they would write you up 2 weeks later. When I was asked to resign they refused to give me specific reason as with other people who they have fired within their 90days.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
No job security, inexperienced management.
Ehh.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Prospect Hill, NCMarch 30, 2016
They won't hire enough people to get the job done, so it is a lot on one person. The one word that I see when I think about PHS is unorganized. Management is decent & most of the employees are good to work with. Other than that the pay is great & benefits are awesome.
Pros
pay, insurance, environment
Cons
management, no pay raises hardly ever
Over All Good
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 8, 2015
Fast pace working place, Great benefits, PHS going thru management changes is are hard transition but in the long run the company will grown, just work overload and no pay increase.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
No Advancement
Great mission, passionate and loyal staff
SITE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 13, 2015
Piedmont Health is very instrumental in giving access to care for the underserved and underinsured in the communities we serve. We are very dedicated in delivering high quality, comprehensive health care at affordable cost.
Pros
Dedicated and friendly staff
Cons
Scarce resources
Great place to work!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Siler City, NCJune 3, 2014
Everyone is super nice, great pay, great benefits, management has done some things they are not proud of but ok for the company.
Pros
1 hour lunches, nice meetings, super involved
Cons
always cold indoors!
Pleasant,Easy to work with,
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrboro, NCDecember 26, 2013
A typical day at work is when anything could happen that could determine (change the office atmosphere.) Good or bad ,no matter what it may be. I have learned to just listen,assist when needed and always encourage others. My supervisor is one of many I have come to love, respect and learn so much from her. My coworkers and I are a great team and I enjoy seeing them every day. The hardest part of the job is loss of someone but we support each other and it's a strong bond. It's most enjoyable to hear patients comment me on how I smile all the time. And how I make there day when they see me because I smile and I communicate with them.
Pros
We get Company T Shirts-lunches, picnics, Recognition (Awards)
Cons
My job has me busy consistently. Most time I dont get a break b what I do.ut I love
Enjoyable workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NC.December 6, 2011
When I worked at Piedmont Health services I always looked forward to getting to work it was such an enjoyable work place with great people who were always in a good mood.
Pros
insurance, good pay, work schedule
Cons
really weren't any