Piedmont Healthcare

Piedmont Healthcare Employer Reviews

Wonderful and Exciting Place to learn
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAJune 23, 2014
I was at Piedmont Fayette Hospital to do my externship and I was sad to see my time come to an end. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. My preceptor (Anya Anderson) made me feel comfortable and made me feel like I was a part of the Piedmont family.I felt comfortable with asking anyone for help and answers to my questions. I worked the 7p-7a shift – more... and I was able to use all of my skills that I obtained through school on a daily basis which aided in me gaining more experience. I began each shift with getting a passdown report from the previous PCT and introducing myself to each of my patients and their families.After the report was complete, I would then proceed with vital signs for each patient. The most enjoyable part was meeting the needs of the patients and making them happy. – less
My second family
Emergency Medical Tech - D-Fib Level (Former Employee), Ranlo, NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: stopped paid crew
This place is the best to work for. The best team work there is. I hate they no longer have a paid crew. I would go back in a minute. To be on a fire dept takes a special team and that it was. No matter how bad or how great, they were there. No one ever turned their head the other way.
great place
Business Office Rep/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
This was a great place to work, I enjoyed my co workers and management
Productive/Positive Change Is Needed
IT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: some of the people know what they are doing, was a good place to work at one point
Cons: some people don't know what they are doing that should know what they are doing, promotions are given to favorites or friends (not who is qualified), benefits, hostile work environment, retaliation, advancement is difficult to non-existent, compensation is lower than other healthcare organizations in the area
Well, at first working here, it started out great. The managment in place was, for the most part, conherent, open, knowledgeable, and persceptive. I enjoyed the team I was on, the managers rounded with their employees, professional development was encouraged, work-life balance was existent.

But, then, that all changed, after a great beginning, a large – more... project was undertaken (Epic). When the project started, everything was new, most of the managers were new, some of the management that should have been put into slots on the Epic team were not, and outside managers were hired (and the decision on who to hire, I am not sure the decision process in that). Over time, I know on the team I was on, it became very clear that retaliation was something that people feared could happen. A very hostile work environment, this team versus that team, versus the world. All the while, none of the senior leadership was perceptive of this, they either were turning a blind eye, or they just let it happen while knowing about it. Favoritism is very abundant within the IT department with the present managment in place, and they are losing knowledgeable people that felt like they were part of something bigger.

This all changes with poor managment that is inexperienced, does not round, does not offer or encourage professional development, etc. They promote the people that have caused more issues than provided solutions, they promote individuals that ride the knowledge and success of their team members. And, the opportunity for advancement, you might as well look elsewhere. People that are qualified for the position, and would make a good fit, are not granted the opportunities. The interviews by some managers are borderline HR non-compliant.

Unless senior leadership truly gets a handle on the management that is in place, they are going to lose the people that are/were dedicated to the greater picture. There is definitely a need for a "redo" in some areas.

Benefits are also something to consider at this place, they now offer a healthplan that would better serve someone that is completely healthy with no health issue. If all you do is go to the doctor for a physical, then you are good, but if you go to urgent care, ER, have kids that get sick constantly from the nastiness they get at school and daycare.....Look elsewhere, because you will be paying quite a bit. – less
love my jobs
Admitting Registrar-Insurance Clerk (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 8, 2014
I love working with the public. My co-worker are out of site. My supervisior you could not ask for a better person.
Allows the wrong people to stay in leadership
worker (Former Employee), atlantaMay 3, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: everything else
This review will not nearly explain the complexity of the stupidity. Just know when you work for an organization that allow cruel and unusable tatics to bully employees, you need to run.

Most companies hire friends and relatives with not much experience, so they bully you thinking you will not be aware they are not experienced. What is funny is all – more... the high-up executives never seem to have a clue what is going on with their lower level staff (or just don't care) Until companies begin to have a heart and care about the people, the will contine to experience financial difficulty, turnover, etc. More importanly, if you do not have a heart and grounded in GOD, you can forget a continuous good life anyway. You and your family will go thru the motions until a major set back happen and then you will wonder "why me". Don't wonder, just think about all the wrong and low down things you have done and you should have your answer. – less
Great group of coworkers to work with
Neonatal ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 24, 2014
I work 12-hour night shifts. Typical day includes deliveries of pre term infants that we manage until on call MD arrives. the hardest part of the job is takeing care of helpless infants who did not ask to be born early or with medical issues. The most enjoyable part is to see these same infants going home with little to no deficits.
good team work
RN Mother/Baby-Post Partum (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 22, 2014
Night shift crew works well as a team
Take care of couplets and GYN patient after birth and surgery
Piedmont Promise
Staff RN/Operating Room (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, management support, high standard of care
Cons: long hours, heavy lifting of supplies and equipment
Piedmont is a great place to work. They have very high standards and work diligently in trying to always improve processes to provide excellent patient care.
Very hectic and chaotic enviroment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCApril 3, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: no breaks, work with short staffing and travelers
No backup from management- no concept of third shift
allowed to work understaff with no help
1 phlebotomist for 80+ sticks
Super busy ER with a lot of add ons
Machine downtimes frequently
NO lunch most nights

Co-workers are great and display teamwork. Get along well with each other. Facility is clean excellent security.
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS ON WORK/ OFFICE SETTING
CODER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: immediate communication/response
Cons: inability to adjust schedule - office setting
CREATING/ REVIEW REPORTS FOR APPROPRIATE CHARGES WHEN COMPARED TO PROFESSIONAL DOCUMENTATION

DEVELOPED ABILITY FOR INDEPENDENCE
N/A
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Paces FerryMarch 18, 2014
I contracted with Avery Partners as a Patient Access Representative doing pre-registration. It was an experience because I learned a lot. Also, Epic training was great!
piedmont healthcare
RN Staff Nurse/Mau/ IMCU (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: nice physical environment
Cons: difficult to take breaks, need more employee input
Nice physical environment. Management needs to include staff input in decisions regarding their departments, so staff feel included in decision making process. Hardest part is not getting the proper training for critical care area, when another non critical care unit is folded into the mix. Most enjoyable part is that there are many terrific professionals – more... working for this company. – less
Great place to work They just keep combining departments and people are losing their jobs.
Certified endoscopy Technician (Current Employee), Rock hill, SCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: we have our own break room now but when we move to the or we will lose that.
Cons: need better job security.
love my job and I wish I could stay there the rest of my career. I am an endoscopy technician and that's the way I like it. They are forcing me to take the scrub roll position because they closed the endoscopy department. I totally think this is not fair but I just work there, I don't make decisions.
Productive work facility
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Statesville, NCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: excellent team work. excellent office care of patients.
8-10 hour work days depending on the time of year and patient volume. Obtained my Medical Assistant Certificate while interning with the doctor. He was very demanding of perfection and remaining calm is a stressful situation. Here I learned how to accomplish many assigned task in a timely and professional manner. All learning was hands on. Here I learned – more... how to care for pregnant women, yearly physicals, and sick/emergency visits. Was taught how to administer injections, collect labs, vitals, and to properly record them. Was instructed on how to assist the physician and properly set up the exam room for surgical out patient procedures. I loved my co-workers and we made a wonderful team. The hardest part of this job was of course delicately telling a mother she had lost her unborn baby. That isn't easy for anyone. The most enjoyable part was telling a woman whom had tried for years that she was with child and showing her the ultrasound and letting her hear the heart beat for the first time. – less
Family environment with relaxed atmosphere to work
Piedmont Hospitalist Physicians Practice Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: completely autonomous working environment.
Cons: not always able to leave at a reasonable time.
I greatly enjoyed working for this group and with this group of physicians. They cared for me and what I was able to do for them. I felt appreciated by everyone that I worked with. The hardest part of the work day for me was answering the telephone. The most enjoyable part of the day was anytime I was able to help a patient or patient's family in person.
difficult work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCFebruary 4, 2014
-high management turnover (mid-level and executive); yearly downsizing
-unstable, chaotic work setting (moving of offices/workspaces multiple times, frequent modification of roles/responsibilities, workload highly disproportionate to hours scheduled)
-poor understanding of job roles/responsibilities by management
-poor morale throughout staffing on – more... all levels
-bullying and micromanaging; concerns and challenges trivialized

-current CEO is great
-supportive corporate office
-peer support
-independence within role – less
A great place to work
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: low pay
Piedmont Healthcare has great benefits and has provides great potenial fo growth in there company.
great place to work
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee), GAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: steady and fast pace
deliver daily treatments to cancer patients, perform planning CT scans, chart checks, verifications
I have been able to work on the newest treatment machines with the newest technology
Management is very approachable with concerns and suggestions
All of my coworkers are supportive and helpful and work as a team
Seeing the daily struggle that some of – more... the cancer patients go through is one of the hardest parts of my job.
The most enjoyable part is being a major part of the patients fight against cancer supporting and encouraging them. – less
Unhappy employees and constant management turn over.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: high acuilty patients.
Cons: frequently short staffed and threatened with our job quite often.
Piedmont was an exciting place to work in regards to the acuity of the patients illnesses. We dealt with anything from post-op CABG patients to patients on ventilators. Code Blue situations were common and everyone chipped in to help.

1 2 3 4