Piedmont Healthcare

Piedmont Healthcare Employee Reviews

Very rewarding job
Admitting/Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 1, 2013
My position was at Carolina Surgical Center which was owned by Piedmont Healthcare. It was an outpatient surgical facility. The workflow was very harmonious and the job proved to be quite rewarding for me. Management did not take into account the opinions of the employees as it pertained to some type of policy improvement or protocol. The compensation at that time was decent and there was no threats such as lay offs or downsizing. They were very good in allowing time off for the caring of loved ones and recognized employees for going above and beyond to fulfill their obligations.
Very Busy, management wanted an assembly line
RN (Former Employee) –  CardiologyJuly 6, 2012
Management will tell you what ever is necessary to get the job done. No one has your back. Good co-workers for the most part but management made it a difficult place to work. Management buying lunch was suppose to compensate for not getting your 1/2 hour break. Piedmont is known for getting rid of senior people to bring in less trained staff at a lower salary. That has happened twice in the last 10 years.
Pros
physicians, quality of care
Cons
management, profits more important than people
You do not want to apply for this job
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock HillOctober 25, 2013
Worked in the ED, patient access rep ll not enough training for ED specific, management does not care for employees, You need to know you will be working for Conifer Health Care which is contract labor. The most unorganized, no Hippa compliance, uncaring staff for the most part, rude, just the most horrible experience as far as staff. However, I do like the staff on the floors, very good to me as a patent. The job itself is exciting and great and some of the employees very helpful. Turnaround for this area and this particular job is rediculous.. Dont apply
Great place to work They just keep combining departments and people are losing their jobs.
Certified endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock hill, SCMarch 1, 2014
love my job and I wish I could stay there the rest of my career. I am an endoscopy technician and that's the way I like it. They are forcing me to take the scrub roll position because they closed the endoscopy department. I totally think this is not fair but I just work there, I don't make decisions.
Pros
we have our own break room now but when we move to the or we will lose that.
Cons
need better job security.
great place to work
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 6, 2014
deliver daily treatments to cancer patients, perform planning CT scans, chart checks, verifications
I have been able to work on the newest treatment machines with the newest technology
Management is very approachable with concerns and suggestions
All of my coworkers are supportive and helpful and work as a team
Seeing the daily struggle that some of the cancer patients go through is one of the hardest parts of my job.
The most enjoyable part is being a major part of the patients fight against cancer supporting and encouraging them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
steady and fast pace
Fast paced but relaxed.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 5, 2013
Most days are extrememly busy but I am one of few people who can say that I love my job. The Research Office is an enjoyable place to work and the work is very rewarding. I do not want to change jobs but the commute has become unbearable. My Directors are aware that I am looking to leave Piedmont and they are supportive of my decision.
Pros
helping the public through our research of drugs and devices.
Cons
too far from my home, commuting 1.5 hours each way.
Competitive Pay Bad Culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Management style at Piedmont Healthcare is blatantly based on favoritism. You are expected to work hard and for long hours and then promotions and opporunities for advancement are only given to members of the "in" crowd, who are usually not the ones putting in the extra work and long hours. Upper management is disrespectful to staff and have almost no regard for any sense of fairness. It creates an atmosphere that is contentious and often makes it difficult to develop any sense of team among the staff.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Culture is not conducive to advancement if you are not one of the "in" crowd.
Wonderful experience,,,would still be working there today but the job was temporary.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 19, 2012
Endocranology clinic seeing 15-20 patients daily. I learned a great deal about endocranology such as diabetes, thyroid conditions, adrenal disease treatment options, follow ups, and referrals. I worked with 2 certified endocranologists who were mentors as well as friends. Hardest part of this job was patient complience with the diabetic patients. The most enjoyable part of this job was the patient teaching on health maintance, and disease management.

Comment – December 21, 2012

Excuse me, did you mean ENDOCRINOLOGY and COMPLIANCE?

piedmont healthcare
RN Staff Nurse/Mau/ IMCU (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 16, 2014
Nice physical environment. Management needs to include staff input in decisions regarding their departments, so staff feel included in decision making process. Hardest part is not getting the proper training for critical care area, when another non critical care unit is folded into the mix. Most enjoyable part is that there are many terrific professionals working for this company.
Pros
nice physical environment
Cons
difficult to take breaks, need more employee input
Project Management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Recognized for outstanding support and services, process development, and project management. Able to manage projects simultaneously and move quickly among projects. Capable of leading or collaborating complex projects. Directed the all of the logistics surrounding the relocation of a medical office which has a staff of 25-40 individuals. Responsible for negotiating contracts with vendors as well as ensuring the safety and privacy of patient documentation.
Pros
people whom i work with
Cons
pto system, no paid holidays
Very hectic and chaotic enviroment
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCApril 3, 2014
No backup from management- no concept of third shift
allowed to work understaff with no help
1 phlebotomist for 80+ sticks
Super busy ER with a lot of add ons
Machine downtimes frequently
NO lunch most nights

Co-workers are great and display teamwork. Get along well with each other. Facility is clean excellent security.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
no breaks, work with short staffing and travelers
difficult work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCFebruary 4, 2014
-high management turnover (mid-level and executive); yearly downsizing
-unstable, chaotic work setting (moving of offices/workspaces multiple times, frequent modification of roles/responsibilities, workload highly disproportionate to hours scheduled)
-poor understanding of job roles/responsibilities by management
-poor morale throughout staffing on all levels
-bullying and micromanaging; concerns and challenges trivialized

-current CEO is great
-supportive corporate office
-peer support
-independence within role
Family environment with relaxed atmosphere to work
Piedmont Hospitalist Physicians Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 6, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working for this group and with this group of physicians. They cared for me and what I was able to do for them. I felt appreciated by everyone that I worked with. The hardest part of the work day for me was answering the telephone. The most enjoyable part of the day was anytime I was able to help a patient or patient's family in person.
Pros
completely autonomous working environment.
Cons
not always able to leave at a reasonable time.
My second family
Emergency Medical Tech - D-Fib Level (Former Employee) –  Ranlo, NCJune 19, 2014
This place is the best to work for. The best team work there is. I hate they no longer have a paid crew. I would go back in a minute. To be on a fire dept takes a special team and that it was. No matter how bad or how great, they were there. No one ever turned their head the other way.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
stopped paid crew
Great group of coworkers to work with
Neonatal ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAApril 24, 2014
I work 12-hour night shifts. Typical day includes deliveries of pre term infants that we manage until on call MD arrives. the hardest part of the job is takeing care of helpless infants who did not ask to be born early or with medical issues. The most enjoyable part is to see these same infants going home with little to no deficits.
Can be fun and rewarding
ER Tech (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Piedmont Fayette HospitalMay 15, 2013
Being in the healthcare field has its ups and downs, the upside is you get to meet a wide variety of people young and old, everyone has their own story to tell. The downside is that people also can be very draining, the ER should be used for what it is intended for an EMERGENCY! To many people today use it for their healthcare period, they have no insurance and no Dr.
Big growth and updates
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 20, 2015
Piedmont medical center has grown so much in the past 5 years, with a new ER facility and stae of the art trauma rooms. PMC has also grown in the OR as well adding a new ortho Spine surgeon, two New cardiac surgeons, and a Neuro surgeon. The whole facility if getting an up date with bigger newer patient rooms in center hospital. I love working for Piedmont and watching their growth!
Enjoyed my experience
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  216 S Herlong Rock Hill, SCJuly 28, 2015
I worked part time in the blood bank. They had a very advanced equipment and had in place a great system to find errors, The other lab personal were very supportive as the department supervisor and the laboratory manager. It's procedure manual was current and very inclusive.
Pros
I used new equipment and methodolgy
Cons
If I could think of any is that there were no outside windows
Fun
Circulating RN in the Main Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 25, 2014
Fun place to work. Lots going on. Lots of educational opportunities. Short staffed a lot though. Nurses have to do primary care or work as an aide a lot of the time. Computer charting is excellent. Hospitalists can be difficult to work with and get in touch with.
Co-workers are great and help with anything you need
Unhappy employees and constant management turn over.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 4, 2014
Piedmont was an exciting place to work in regards to the acuity of the patients illnesses. We dealt with anything from post-op CABG patients to patients on ventilators. Code Blue situations were common and everyone chipped in to help.
Pros
high acuilty patients.
Cons
frequently short staffed and threatened with our job quite often.