Piedmont Healthcare Employee Reviews

Fun place to work. co worker are great
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Best p[lace I have ever worked I feel like we are all family. It is a stress free environment I love that I can work as needed. Love this place
Pros
free lunches
Great Place To Get Your Foot In The Door
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMay 16, 2017
If seeking entry into the medical field, Piedmont is a great place to start. Piedmont Heart does well with training, I hear. I started in administrative position right after getting my BA in Hospital Administration. Float pool pays a dollar more an hour, but if you go full time, they will take it away to give you benefits. After two yrs and 20 cent raises a year, it becomes obvious of changing. Internal transfers for more money are few unless you know someone. It seems applying for transfers, all end up in a black hole somewhere. I went back to school and ended up being able to transfer while still taking classes. No real on the job training with my new job, but I take classes on my own time. Other hospitals pay six dollars more an hour for what I do, but they also require a lot more work and are a lot further away for commuting. They also have hired people after me with 2 dollars more an hour than I currently make and I am training them. That two dollars, is 3 years of pay increases. Emory has a much better pay scale. Post it, and pay everyone the same starting wage. Job Work/life 5, compensation 2, job security is great, but advancement is low 2, job culture 4.. Overall for being a top company to work for, it is a 3.
Pros
Job security, Job Culture, Great entry level
Cons
BAD cost of living raises, bad advancement opportunities, BAD at equal pay- new hires/no experience get paid $2 more that current employees.
not a good place to work
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 9, 2017
Piedmont was a hard place to work no help no money they don't care about there employes poor poor management they hire who they wont to the hardis part of my job was my boos she was a bullying
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 2, 2017
A typical day at Piedmont healthcare would be taking vital signs, updating the patients history, performing EKG or may be giving injections or drawing blood. I really enjoyed working with this company.
Understaffed, pay raises blow
Plant Engineering (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAApril 29, 2017
Rated the top 50 hospitals in the nation but management, pay raises and quarterly incentives blow and its way understaffed in every department.
Think twice before applying for engineering, maintenance or any related fields under this roof.
Pros
n/a
Cons
raises, staffing
Great learning environment
Lead Family Medicine Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2017
The physicians are great teachers and treated midlevels fairly. The MAs are very supportive . Wonderful EMR system. The new management was poor and was the reason I left.
FAKE PEOPLE! not family friendly.
RMA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2017
I worked for Piedmont and finally had to leave, very poor management, quick to write you up for a simple mistake, many small groups with "favorites" and the group that goes and tells everything on everybody just to fit in. There's a LOT of butt kissing to do just to get a promotion.. not based on skills but who you know.
benefits
Cons
Everything else
There are positive days as well as negative days at Piedmont
Billing & Third Party A/R Follow Up (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2017
My current typical work day can be productive, overwhelming, pleasant, unpleasant. I encounter various errors to be corrected on claim, therefore, I learn the process to correct the errors. Management at Piedmont separate themselves from the team, I've experienced managers that are fair across the board and some are unfair and show favoritism. The hardest part of my job is to witnessed the unfairness and the enjoyable part of my job is the positivity of some team members.
Pros
I get along well with my team members
Cons
Division betwen managers and team memebers and unfairness, favortism
Very productive and fun work environment!
Medical Assistant (Billing) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
Very fun and productive work environment! Excellent training and co workers are very friendly!! If I ever was to move back to GA, I would consider them as employment again.
great company
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2017
its a good company to work for.
great benefits
good environment
great co-workers
great pay
its about everything u would want in a job especially if u a hard worker
I loved it..
Medical Laboratory Technician- Hematoogy (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAApril 5, 2017
This place is sooo awesome........I gained experience here I couldn't have imagined anywhere else. I learned so much...The management is great, all the staff are ethical and team players.. It was an honor to work with such a great team. But you need to have experience to be at piedmont..Luckily..I got some great experience at Piedmont!
Pros
Seasoned techs
Cons
Understaffed
It was a job
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAApril 4, 2017
They have potential but needs a lot of work in patient care as well as it treatment of employees. The human resources officer is bias when comes to dealing with employee concerns. It is about whom you know and not what you know.
Productive and easy going workplace
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAMarch 26, 2017
My job as a receptionist is really fun and easy because I get to interact with the patients and do what I love. The hardest part of my job is working the long 12 hour shifts.
workplace culture
Physician Support specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2017
The department I currently work in is exciting and there are always new problems to solve. Staffing the providers are always a joy with changes and rotations in the Hospitalist department there is never a dull moment.
Pros
quarterly incentive
Cons
short lunches and construction
Opportunities to advance in your career not fostered
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2017
Movement within the organization is based on 'who you know.' Management is not employee-driven. if you are looking to grow in your career or advance, it is not fostered.
Pros
employee engagement
Cons
30 minute lunches, campus aesthetics
Good Place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
Work at Piedmont was a good experience. In a hospital setting you really learn urgency. The hardest part of the job was being on call. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling you get when you have helped someone.
Cons
Open 365 days a year
Overall, good company to work for.
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAMarch 1, 2017
Piedmont is a great corporation to work for. However, I am not as happy with the office I am at and there have been very opportunities to transfer. I have a terminally ill parent who requires a lot of assistance. I share this responsibility with 2 siblings. I am looking for less stressful employment so that I may be able to balance work with personal life at the time.
Pros
adequate compensation
Cons
not much flexibility in schedule
Work wasn't bad but the management and directors are terrible
Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Working at piedmont was great. Most of the people were great to work with. You will most definitely learn from the experience at piedmont. Management at piedmont was micro-management. There is no opportunity for advancement if you do well in your current position to another department. The hardest part of the job was knowing there was no room for growth.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management is the reason good people leave
work day
Medical Assistant and Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
Communicating with patients on a daily basis and enjoy the job I do! Thje company and people here love to help each other and the Piedmont Promise is the best core value to live by.
Not Family Friendly
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Not the best place that I have worked. If you have children, especial small ones then not the best company to work for. You can not leave out on any family emergency and if you do then you get into corrected action. You will get an occurrence with everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval