Piedmont Healthcare

Piedmont Healthcare Employer Reviews

Great coworkers and patients
Certified Medical Assistant - gasterentology (Former Employee), Statesville, NCSeptember 28, 2014
I worked at the front desk. Checked in patients and discharged them, received payments on old and current balances, answered all incoming calls, prescription calls, lab ordering, assisted patients in preparing for procedures and reconciled at closing.
great company to work for
Sterile processing Tech (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCSeptember 25, 2014
very productive company with hard working team members. the hardest part of the job was having to provide group discussions. the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers
Productive work place with friendly staff
Student (Former Employee), Fayetteville GASeptember 4, 2014
Piedmont Hospital is a very nice place very friendly staff we all seem just like family I really enjoyed working with a very talented staff.
Lead Scheduler
Lead Scheduler (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: meeting different types of people
I started working at Piedmont in the accounting dept, and was moved into the scheduling department. I then was transferred to the Womens Diagnostic Center when I was the lead scheduler responsible for answer the phone, making appointment and setting up different procedures. I would fill in at the admitting desk during lunch and register patients for their appointments.
I enjoyed my time spent working in this practice.
Emergency Room Auxillary (Former Employee), Newnan, GASeptember 3, 2014
I was only there a short time but I enjoyed the entire experience.
Take pride in learning new things
Student Internship (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 21, 2014
I completed my internship here and i loved it! It is a great environment to work in with a lot of amazing people who are ready to teach. I learned a lot during my experience here.
Internship
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 20, 2014
While on my internship with Piedmont I learned a lot about Hospital Pharmacy. I enjoyed the people and patients that I worked with.
family orientated environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2014
Over all Piedmont Healthcare was a great company to be employed with. I enjoyed working with such a great group of individuals.
nice place to work
Unit Secretary-Registrar-Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: prn shift
Cons: cut hrs
very busy place to work, always on your feet

A lot of nice people
Job Overview
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 27, 2014
Coordinated all department functions for team of twenty employees. Verified and logged in deadlines for
responding to daily inquiries. Maintained detailed administrative and procedural processes to improve accuracy
and efficiency. Managed medical supply inventory, insurance records, patient charts and company files using
online tracking system.
Good first job for someone.
Patient Access Representative Lead (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAJuly 24, 2014
Good first job for someone. The ER is very exciting to work in.
Typical Day
Regional Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), atlanta, gaJuly 14, 2014
Recruited great professionals to join the organization that provides great patient care.
Wonderful and Exciting Place to learn
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, GAJune 23, 2014
I was at Piedmont Fayette Hospital to do my externship and I was sad to see my time come to an end. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. My preceptor (Anya Anderson) made me feel comfortable and made me feel like I was a part of the Piedmont family.I felt comfortable with asking anyone for help and answers to my questions. I worked the 7p-7a shift and I was able to use all of my skills that I obtained through school on a daily basis which aided in me gaining more experience. I began each shift with getting a passdown report from the previous PCT and introducing myself to each of my patients and their families.After the report was complete, I would then proceed with vital signs for each patient. The most enjoyable part was meeting the needs of the patients and making them happy.
My second family
Emergency Medical Tech - D-Fib Level (Former Employee), Ranlo, NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: stopped paid crew
This place is the best to work for. The best team work there is. I hate they no longer have a paid crew. I would go back in a minute. To be on a fire dept takes a special team and that it was. No matter how bad or how great, they were there. No one ever turned their head the other way.
great place
Business Office Rep/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
This was a great place to work, I enjoyed my co workers and management
Productive/Positive Change Is Needed
IT (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
Pros: some of the people know what they are doing, was a good place to work at one point
Cons: some people don't know what they are doing that should know what they are doing, promotions are given to favorites or friends (not who is qualified), benefits, hostile work environment, retaliation, advancement is difficult to non-existent, compensation is lower than other healthcare organizations in the area
Well, at first working here, it started out great. The managment in place was, for the most part, conherent, open, knowledgeable, and persceptive. I enjoyed the team I was on, the managers rounded with their employees, professional development was encouraged, work-life balance was existent.

But, then, that all changed, after a great beginning, a large project was undertaken (Epic). When the project started, everything was new, most of the managers were new, some of the management that should have been put into slots on the Epic team were not, and outside managers were hired (and the decision on who to hire, I am not sure the decision process in that). Over time, I know on the team I was on, it became very clear that retaliation was something that people feared could happen. A very hostile work environment, this team versus that team, versus the world. All the while, none of the senior leadership was perceptive of this, they either were turning a blind eye, or they just let it happen while knowing about it. Favoritism is very abundant within the IT department with the present managment in place, and they are losing knowledgeable people that felt like they were part of something bigger.

This all changes with poor managment that is inexperienced, does not round, does not offer or encourage professional development, etc. They promote the people that have caused more issues than provided solutions, they promote individuals that ride the knowledge and success of their team members. And, the opportunity for advancement, you might as well look elsewhere. People that are qualified – more... for the position, and would make a good fit, are not granted the opportunities. The interviews by some managers are borderline HR non-compliant.

Unless senior leadership truly gets a handle on the management that is in place, they are going to lose the people that are/were dedicated to the greater picture. There is definitely a need for a "redo" in some areas.

Benefits are also something to consider at this place, they now offer a healthplan that would better serve someone that is completely healthy with no health issue. If all you do is go to the doctor for a physical, then you are good, but if you go to urgent care, ER, have kids that get sick constantly from the nastiness they get at school and daycare.....Look elsewhere, because you will be paying quite a bit. – less
love my jobs
Admitting Registrar-Insurance Clerk (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJune 8, 2014
I love working with the public. My co-worker are out of site. My supervisior you could not ask for a better person.
Allows the wrong people to stay in leadership
worker (Former Employee), atlantaMay 3, 2014
Pros: you have a job
Cons: everything else
This review will not nearly explain the complexity of the stupidity. Just know when you work for an organization that allow cruel and unusable tatics to bully employees, you need to run.

Most companies hire friends and relatives with not much experience, so they bully you thinking you will not be aware they are not experienced. What is funny is all the high-up executives never seem to have a clue what is going on with their lower level staff (or just don't care) Until companies begin to have a heart and care about the people, the will contine to experience financial difficulty, turnover, etc. More importanly, if you do not have a heart and grounded in GOD, you can forget a continuous good life anyway. You and your family will go thru the motions until a major set back happen and then you will wonder "why me". Don't wonder, just think about all the wrong and low down things you have done and you should have your answer.
Great group of coworkers to work with
Neonatal ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 24, 2014
I work 12-hour night shifts. Typical day includes deliveries of pre term infants that we manage until on call MD arrives. the hardest part of the job is takeing care of helpless infants who did not ask to be born early or with medical issues. The most enjoyable part is to see these same infants going home with little to no deficits.
good team work
RN Mother/Baby-Post Partum (Current Employee), Fayetteville, GAApril 22, 2014
Night shift crew works well as a team
Take care of couplets and GYN patient after birth and surgery

About Piedmont Healthcare

Piedmont Healthcare is system of five hospitals and 100 physician and specialist offices across greater Atlanta and North Georgia. – Read more

Piedmont Healthcare Salaries