Piedmont Natural Gas Employee Reviews

Great
Information Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2017
Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for, I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking a job for which they are hiring.
Great company, culture, benefits, and team building atmosphere.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Working in IT lends to everyday being different. There are plenty of rewarding opportunities and unique challenges to tackle. Culture, management, and growth/learning opportunities abound. Highly recommend!
Pros
Close to a plethora of restaurants for either a full meal or a quick bite, close shopping, plenty of sidewalks to stretch your legs
Cons
Traffic can be dicey depending on the time of day
great and easy money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2016
management is terrible. very strict, tied to your desk all day, basically told when you can go to the bathroom without being penalized.
Great Company
Business Development Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2016
Awesome people, interesting work. Everyone at the company seems positive and excited to be there. Traffic is bad around the building though, get to work early!
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Mediocre Pay
Relaxed and personalble enviroment
SharePoint Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2016
Work environment is relaxed and low stress.
Employees are personable and helpful.
A typical day involves interaction with other teams on various projects and meetings to collaborate on projects.
Pros
Lot of learning and productive place to work with
SQL / ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2016
This place is very productive and you can meet many new people with different ideas and coming from diverse culture and background.
Good people, mostly
Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work but little career development. People work in the same job for years with little training or opportunity to advance. Looking forward to working at Duke, should have better processes and more opportunities.
Engineering/Utilities Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2016
The company is 20 plus years behind most companies. All of Piedmont Engineering management came from smaller natural gas companies. Most of the management weren't in engineering at their previous company. They were either in Marketing or in some Sales position so they are not aware of good engineering technologies or engineering practices. From their Marketing/Sales background they have a good foundation to make you think they are knowing what they are talking about, but just learn not to breath in the smoke. If Piedmont does get a good engineer they usually quit within the first year unless they like the work/life balance. The place is a 40 hour work week no matter. If you came from a different industry and they had the latest technology you can count on knowing a great deal more than your manager and his manager etc....at Piedmont.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is why one will stay there.
Cons
Low-Low Technology and they like to keep it that way. They are trying to get better, but that is just to bring them up to date like from a 3rd country.
executive assistant to director of customer service
Exec Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2016
I answered phone calls, entered all hourly for technicians, processed payroll, handled travel arrangements. I also processed all expense reports for all sales people.
great place to work
Customer Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2016
Working for Peidmont Natural Gas has been a great expierence. The enviornemnt is always professional and the best I have been introduced to. This is a company who truly cares about their employees.
Pros
I always feel apprieciated
Fast Paced Project Work Environment
SR. QA Analyst/Tester (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Great Company !! I liked working with the various project teams. The project is a fast paced environment. I do like working at a company where there are challenges so that we can work as a team to accomplish the project goals.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2016
Management is sketchy.. two faced. Management is in your face one moment, then the next moment walking you out the door. All about business and not individual
Cons
strict, no leniancy
No comment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2016
I have no desire to review my previous employer. I only desire to move forward I my life and acquire new employment and goals.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2016
Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for if you're looking for advancement opportunities. The benefits are good and the pay rate is good as well.
Wonderful Company
Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  ComplianceFebruary 10, 2016
Everyday is busy and productive. I work with a team that depends on each other. I have learned so much in such a short time and have been involved in program training of employees who have been there over 20 years.
The Corporation is outstanding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Piedmont. I was promoted twice and grateful for the experiences. I was able to be myself and use my gifts and talents on the job.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Required to report to work during storms
Great benefits
Operations Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2015
Piedmont Natural Gas is a company that tries hard to please employees. The company has great benefits. It is in the process of changing the company's culture and there is a lot of movement.
fun working place
SQL Server BI Developer (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportiv management . Not all about the numberbut how personally grow and devlop. decent amount of redtape and politics, but this is exected of a big company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced environment requires accurate detail
Service Scheduling Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2015
Typical day is ensuring all emergencies are handled in a timely and efficient manner. Hardest part of the job is the work/life balance, shift work.
Pros
Stable company with no layoffs to date
Cons
Job work/life balance
An intense place of emplyment
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work was intense and very productive. I looked forewarned to going to work everyday. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers, an awesome group of people. The hardest part was having to endure the winter and summer outdoor elements. But working with great people made it enjoyable.Through the experience gained here, I learned an abundance of hands on skills ranging from operating heavy equipment to pipe fitting. I was also able to hone my skills and professionalism as a leader as well as help others develop leadership skills.
Pros
Company provided transportation
Cons
Having to endure the freezing temperatures and extream heat of outdoors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Natural Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2