Piedmont Natural Gas Employee Reviews

Good Company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2016
Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for if you're looking for advancement opportunities. The benefits are good and the pay rate is good as well.
Wonderful Company
Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  ComplianceFebruary 10, 2016
Everyday is busy and productive. I work with a team that depends on each other. I have learned so much in such a short time and have been involved in program training of employees who have been there over 20 years.
The Corporation is outstanding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Piedmont. I was promoted twice and grateful for the experiences. I was able to be myself and use my gifts and talents on the job.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Required to report to work during storms
Great benefits
Operations Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2015
Piedmont Natural Gas is a company that tries hard to please employees. The company has great benefits. It is in the process of changing the company's culture and there is a lot of movement.
fun working place
SQL Server BI Developer (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportiv management . Not all about the numberbut how personally grow and devlop. decent amount of redtape and politics, but this is exected of a big company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced environment requires accurate detail
Service Scheduling Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2015
Typical day is ensuring all emergencies are handled in a timely and efficient manner. Hardest part of the job is the work/life balance, shift work.
Pros
Stable company with no layoffs to date
Cons
Job work/life balance
An intense place of emplyment
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work was intense and very productive. I looked forewarned to going to work everyday. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers, an awesome group of people. The hardest part was having to endure the winter and summer outdoor elements. But working with great people made it enjoyable.Through the experience gained here, I learned an abundance of hands on skills ranging from operating heavy equipment to pipe fitting. I was also able to hone my skills and professionalism as a leader as well as help others develop leadership skills.
Pros
Company provided transportation
Cons
Having to endure the freezing temperatures and extream heat of outdoors.
21 Years
COMMERCIAL SALES REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2015
The company has grown over the 21 years of my work there in technology and in customer service. I made many contacts with the community by way of chamber of commerce, plumbers associations, apartment association, and the like. This helped in making sure that the customer was taken care of.
great place to work
Facilitator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 22, 2015
Great place to work Accomplishments rewarded. Friendly atmosphere. Good benefits. Good pay I enjoyed my thirty four years of service
Kenya Wilson's Review of PNG Through Ettaine
Sr. QA/BA Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2015
I worked with PNG on two separate assignments. On this particular assignment, I created a lot of documentation and did a lot of testing. I enjoyed my work and the manager was great, but I did a lot of overtime that often kept me exhausted. Still, the implementation was successful and that made me feel good. The co-workers around me were basically developers. We had our heads down most of the day and were cordial. The hardest part of the job were the unusually long hours. The most enjoyable part was the successful implementation.
Pros
Learning new things, creating documentation, a successful implementation
Cons
Unusually long hours
great place to work
Welder Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 18, 2015
THIS WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK. THEY HAD AWESOME BENIFITS. I LEARNED ALOT FROM THIS JOB. SOMETIMES WOULD BE LONG HOURS BUT IT WAS WORTH IT
Fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2015
-Service desk team is a great team to work with, nice and calm environment
-Enjoyed everything about Piedmont Natural Gas
Very good union job
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2015
Union based job whit great benefits -local work -always working whit a group of folks-learning the safe and danger of gas-lots of classes that is in the class room class-and a lot of on the job learning-cpr training -C D L training- S C B A training-first aid training-underground utilities training and machine operators .Most to all outside work
Pros
long term work
Cons
some times bad weather
It's not a place for advancement
Customer Contact Representative - Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
I really don't have a great review to give because it's not in my field. I had a great working relationship with my direct supervisor but management as a whole was unaware of my duties on a daily basis.
Pros
supervisor was nice
Cons
confusion about training and resources
Great company with excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work consist of secretarial work such as typing, entering data, scheduling meetings and taking & typing minutes.
I have learned the lots of safety procedures and the importance of making sure everyone goes home at night.
The management team is good and work to help to grow as an employee.
My co-workers strive to assist one another because my job effects others.
There was nothing hard about my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was attending company functions which consist of spending time with employees from other offices.
Pros
Excellent health benefits and great retirement plan
Cons
There were none
One of the rated companies to work for
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2015
PNG is one of the best if not the best company s I ever had the opportunity to work for. I could go back there I would with no question asked. They pay great management really cares about your and wants you to spend more time with family. The most enjoyable was the people you work with from the boss down to fellow worker.
an A++ company
Pros
it is all good
Cons
i do not work there any more
See Below:
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 1, 2014
Was given daily task assignments from crew foreman and was virtually left to accomplish these tasks with a crew. Learned safety at monthly safety meetings and learned new equipment details of more modern equipment. The work attitude was that we helped each other to accomplish the task at hand in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was when I would be on call on a rotating shift and the call could come in the middle of the night and I would have to respond. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the back filling of the dirt was in place and I knew the job was successfully completed.
No regard to older workers
Sr. Customer Contact Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncOctober 21, 2014
It started out fine but, new management comes in so many years and get demoted to just move around the bad manager to move in another to see if they can handle the job instead of evaluating why high turnovers and bad performances within the department .
They treat employees like a number and have favorites in the office that they ask to get personal information about other employees on where they live and who they interact with.
I have seen so many lawsuits come thru this company and they will soon be outsourced in the contact center, they are working on it now!
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
healthcare is overly pricey
Piedmont Pride Atmosphere - One Big Family
Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2014
• Responsibilities included all basic administrative functions (phone-screening, travel, supply ordering, calendaring, etc.)
• Access to multiple email accounts used to prioritize emails & respond to those that are within the scope
• Organized all off-site strategy sessions & travel in advance to set up & attend. Part of the role required work with the MD of Safety & Community Relations to assist our Leadership Team with their Board roles & commitments.
• Facilitated any sponsorship requests, communications with other Board Members to schedule meeting & events. Hosted 6 Red Cross Drives at Piedmont in which goals were exceeded in each drive.
• Worked with our MD of Technical Field Operations on Heart Walk 2012 & Piedmont exceeded its goal by $24,000.
• Solely responsible for the bi-weekly Utility Ops Engineering Meetings with all reports from O&M, Construction & Corporate Engineering. Gathered information to set the agenda, follow-up on deliverables & keep a forecast of events throughout the remainder of the fiscal year.
• Set up meetings with outside vendors & N.C. Utility Commission visits to our corporate office, assisting & anticipating all needs during their time at Piedmont. There are four executives assistants whom report to the EMT (Executive Management Team) work as a team to prepare for all quarterly Board, Committee & Shareholder Meetings.
• The role required a wide range of flexibility to provide support within all levels of the organization & within the community & the Natural Gas Industry.
Awesome place to work
Sr. SCADA Security Lead - Compliance (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2013
One of the leading Information Security practitioners, certified, highly accomplished Information Security Professional, Visionary and Architect with a proven track record of successfully completing complex technical projects. A disciplined budget holder, effective communicator with experience in managing multidisciplinary and multinational teams.