Piedmont Natural Gas Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Customer Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2016
Working for Peidmont Natural Gas has been a great expierence. The enviornemnt is always professional and the best I have been introduced to. This is a company who truly cares about their employees.
Pros
I always feel apprieciated
Good people, mostly
Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work but little career development. People work in the same job for years with little training or opportunity to advance. Looking forward to working at Duke, should have better processes and more opportunities.
Fast Paced Project Work Environment
SR. QA Analyst/Tester (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Great Company !! I liked working with the various project teams. The project is a fast paced environment. I do like working at a company where there are challenges so that we can work as a team to accomplish the project goals.
Engineering/Utilities Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2016
The company is 20 plus years behind most companies. All of Piedmont Engineering management came from smaller natural gas companies. Most of the management weren't in engineering at their previous company. They were either in Marketing or in some Sales position so they are not aware of good engineering technologies or engineering practices. From their Marketing/Sales background they have a good foundation to make you think they are knowing what they are talking about, but just learn not to breath in the smoke. If Piedmont does get a good engineer they usually quit within the first year unless they like the work/life balance. The place is a 40 hour work week no matter. If you came from a different industry and they had the latest technology you can count on knowing a great deal more than your manager and his manager etc....at Piedmont.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is why one will stay there.
Cons
Low-Low Technology and they like to keep it that way. They are trying to get better, but that is just to bring them up to date like from a 3rd country.
executive assistant to director of customer service
Exec Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2016
I answered phone calls, entered all hourly for technicians, processed payroll, handled travel arrangements. I also processed all expense reports for all sales people.
Lot of learning and productive place to work with
SQL / ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2016
This place is very productive and you can meet many new people with different ideas and coming from diverse culture and background.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2016
Management is sketchy.. two faced. Management is in your face one moment, then the next moment walking you out the door. All about business and not individual
Cons
strict, no leniancy
The Corporation is outstanding.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed working at Piedmont. I was promoted twice and grateful for the experiences. I was able to be myself and use my gifts and talents on the job.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Required to report to work during storms
Wonderful Company
Operations Rep II (Current Employee) –  ComplianceFebruary 10, 2016
Everyday is busy and productive. I work with a team that depends on each other. I have learned so much in such a short time and have been involved in program training of employees who have been there over 20 years.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 13, 2016
Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for if you're looking for advancement opportunities. The benefits are good and the pay rate is good as well.
No comment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2016
I have no desire to review my previous employer. I only desire to move forward I my life and acquire new employment and goals.
An intense place of emplyment
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2015
My typical day at work was intense and very productive. I looked forewarned to going to work everyday. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers, an awesome group of people. The hardest part was having to endure the winter and summer outdoor elements. But working with great people made it enjoyable.Through the experience gained here, I learned an abundance of hands on skills ranging from operating heavy equipment to pipe fitting. I was also able to hone my skills and professionalism as a leader as well as help others develop leadership skills.
Pros
Company provided transportation
Cons
Having to endure the freezing temperatures and extream heat of outdoors.
Kenya Wilson's Review of PNG Through Ettaine
Sr. QA/BA Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2015
I worked with PNG on two separate assignments. On this particular assignment, I created a lot of documentation and did a lot of testing. I enjoyed my work and the manager was great, but I did a lot of overtime that often kept me exhausted. Still, the implementation was successful and that made me feel good. The co-workers around me were basically developers. We had our heads down most of the day and were cordial. The hardest part of the job were the unusually long hours. The most enjoyable part was the successful implementation.
Pros
Learning new things, creating documentation, a successful implementation
Cons
Unusually long hours
Great benefits
Operations Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2015
Piedmont Natural Gas is a company that tries hard to please employees. The company has great benefits. It is in the process of changing the company's culture and there is a lot of movement.
Fast paced environment requires accurate detail
Service Scheduling Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2015
Typical day is ensuring all emergencies are handled in a timely and efficient manner. Hardest part of the job is the work/life balance, shift work.
Pros
Stable company with no layoffs to date
Cons
Job work/life balance
21 Years
COMMERCIAL SALES REPRESENTIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2015
The company has grown over the 21 years of my work there in technology and in customer service. I made many contacts with the community by way of chamber of commerce, plumbers associations, apartment association, and the like. This helped in making sure that the customer was taken care of.
fun working place
SQL Server BI Developer (Current Employee) –  NCOctober 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportiv management . Not all about the numberbut how personally grow and devlop. decent amount of redtape and politics, but this is exected of a big company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Very good union job
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2015
Union based job whit great benefits -local work -always working whit a group of folks-learning the safe and danger of gas-lots of classes that is in the class room class-and a lot of on the job learning-cpr training -C D L training- S C B A training-first aid training-underground utilities training and machine operators .Most to all outside work
Pros
long term work
Cons
some times bad weather
Great company with excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, NCMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work consist of secretarial work such as typing, entering data, scheduling meetings and taking & typing minutes.
I have learned the lots of safety procedures and the importance of making sure everyone goes home at night.
The management team is good and work to help to grow as an employee.
My co-workers strive to assist one another because my job effects others.
There was nothing hard about my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was attending company functions which consist of spending time with employees from other offices.
Pros
Excellent health benefits and great retirement plan
Cons
There were none
great place to work
Facilitator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 22, 2015
Great place to work Accomplishments rewarded. Friendly atmosphere. Good benefits. Good pay I enjoyed my thirty four years of service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Piedmont Natural Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2