Piedmont Natural Gas

Piedmont Natural Gas United States Employee Reviews

It's not a place for advancement
Customer Contact Representative - Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: supervisor was nice
Cons: confusion about training and resources
I really don't have a great review to give because it's not in my field. I had a great working relationship with my direct supervisor but management as a whole was unaware of my duties on a daily basis.
Great company with excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dudley, NCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent health benefits and great retirement plan
Cons: There were none
A typical day at work consist of secretarial work such as typing, entering data, scheduling meetings and taking & typing minutes.
I have learned the lots of safety procedures and the importance of making sure everyone goes home at night.
The management team is good and work to help to grow as an employee.
My co-workers strive to assist one another because my job effects others.
There was nothing hard about my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was attending company functions which consist of spending time with employees from other offices.
One of the rated companies to work for
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: it is all good
Cons: i do not work there any more
PNG is one of the best if not the best company s I ever had the opportunity to work for. I could go back there I would with no question asked. They pay great management really cares about your and wants you to spend more time with family. The most enjoyable was the people you work with from the boss down to fellow worker.
an A++ company
See Below:
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 1, 2014
Was given daily task assignments from crew foreman and was virtually left to accomplish these tasks with a crew. Learned safety at monthly safety meetings and learned new equipment details of more modern equipment. The work attitude was that we helped each other to accomplish the task at hand in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was when I would be on call on a rotating shift and the call could come in the middle of the night and I would have to respond. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the back filling of the dirt was in place and I knew the job was successfully completed.
No regard to older workers
Sr. Customer Contact Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte ncOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: healthcare is overly pricey
It started out fine but, new management comes in so many years and get demoted to just move around the bad manager to move in another to see if they can handle the job instead of evaluating why high turnovers and bad performances within the department .
They treat employees like a number and have favorites in the office that they ask to get personal information about other employees on where they live and who they interact with.
I have seen so many lawsuits come thru this company and they will soon be outsourced in the contact center, they are working on it now!
Customer Service Specialist IV (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
I absolutely love this company. Unforunately I was a contractor and not a full time employee. I would work for this company again without a doubt. My manager was the best manager I ever had. He was very hands on and knew my role and his own, he didnt just supervise. Very Knowledgeable staff.
Piedmont Pride Atmosphere - One Big Family
Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2014
• Responsibilities included all basic administrative functions (phone-screening, travel, supply ordering, calendaring, etc.)
• Access to multiple email accounts used to prioritize emails & respond to those that are within the scope
• Organized all off-site strategy sessions & travel in advance to set up & attend. Part of the role required work with the MD of Safety & Community Relations to assist our Leadership Team with their Board roles & commitments.
• Facilitated any sponsorship requests, communications with other Board Members to schedule meeting & events. Hosted 6 Red Cross Drives at Piedmont in which goals were exceeded in each drive.
• Worked with our MD of Technical Field Operations on Heart Walk 2012 & Piedmont exceeded its goal by $24,000.
• Solely responsible for the bi-weekly Utility Ops Engineering Meetings with all reports from O&M, Construction & Corporate Engineering. Gathered information to set the agenda, follow-up on deliverables & keep a forecast of events throughout the remainder of the fiscal year.
• Set up meetings with outside vendors & N.C. Utility Commission visits to our corporate office, assisting & anticipating all needs during their time at Piedmont. There are four executives assistants whom report to the EMT (Executive Management Team) work as a team to prepare for all quarterly Board, Committee & Shareholder Meetings.
• The role required a wide range of flexibility to provide support within all levels of the organization & within the community & the Natural Gas Industry.
Very Pleseant Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2013
Everyone is so helpful and great to work with and the company really has some great supervisor that actually care about employees
Community relations is rewarding work!
Community Relations Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2013
I very much enjoy my role in representing the company within the community. Even if I have to say no, I try to be consistent and fair and follow through to create trust. My boss said I will know I am successful with an elected official or a community leader "if they take my call." I have built those relationships here which I will carry to my next place of work.
Customer Service Manage
Crew Member Manager (Former Employee), Dudley, NCAugust 12, 2013
excellent opportunity to work with Active Duty Memners, spouses and Retirees
Wonderful inspectors to work with, enjoyed the work emensley.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Winton, NCJuly 26, 2013
First thing in the morning I would get there early and make coffee, put out cookies etc. The inspectors would arrive and hand in there inspection reports from previous day. I would go thru them and enter all production into my construction daily progress report. Then I would take all material receipts received, scan them into a folder and then file originals in a file that I kept in a filing cabinet. Any pipe or fittings received had to be kept in a folder and filed along with MTR's Heat numbers. A running footage installed had to be kept up with and pipe and material used had to be documented also. Welders certifications had to be kept on file, along with welding inspectors daily report on cut outs and bad welds per x-ray documentation. Surveyors turned in location of pipe installed per joint numbers. All of this had to be filed and all information had to be down loaded on to a thumb drive once a week. All MSDS material had to be in a separate book and accessible to all. Environmental had to be kept in a separate book and it also had to be accessible. I enjoyed working with and around this type of work, as I learned a lot about gas pipe lines. One thing I liked about this job is that you meet people from all parts of the country.
Great company to work for
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: travel to various sights, challenge of data conversions
Handled multiple locations' financial data. Management was always available to answer questions and help. Co-workers were great to work with and were like a family. The challenge to be more efficient was a wonderful and creative challenge along with writing user manuals.
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Corporate Employee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2013
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. YMCA located next to the Charlotte Corporate Center that many people use throughout the day. Company actively promotes healthy lifestyle.
if i had known 20 years ago i would have moved on a long time ago
would rather not say (Former Employee), somewhereJune 6, 2013
when i went to work for piedmont 20 years ago it was a great place to work, now not so good upper management does not care about its employees you are just a number no job security like it was years ago not much of a chance of advancement unless you like to kiss up. pay is great most jobs are union benefits are good just dont upset management off or they will get rid of you if you play the games you will be fine.
Piedmont Review
Geographic Information Systems Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2013
Pros: excellent pay, great corporate culture
I was an Intern at Piedmont and had a wonderful experience. My managers, and mentors were helpful and offered a tremendous amount of guidance. My co-workers were also very helpful and easy to get along with. I was able to learn a great deal about the natural gas industry and the use of GIS within the industry.
Small company
Data Architect (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great emphasis on work/life balance
Cons: a little too small for my experience and preferred work culture
Great place to work if you're looking for a long-term gig with no real interest in career advancement.
Great Pay
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: temp job
I worked as a temp and the pay as a temp was great and guaranteed raises every 3 months.
Busy and productive
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2012
Learned an incredible amount of inventory and data entry skills as well as analytical skills. Great management.

Piedmont Natural Gas Salaries