Piedmont Natural Gas

Piedmont Natural Gas Employer Reviews

Customer Service Specialist IV (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2014
I absolutely love this company. Unforunately I was a contractor and not a full time employee. I would work for this company again without a doubt. My manager was the best manager I ever had. He was very hands on and knew my role and his own, he didnt just supervise. Very Knowledgeable staff.
Piedmont Pride Atmosphere - One Big Family
Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 3, 2014
• Responsibilities included all basic administrative functions (phone-screening, travel, supply ordering, calendaring, etc.)
• Access to multiple email accounts used to prioritize emails & respond to those that are within the scope
• Organized all off-site strategy sessions & travel in advance to set up & attend. Part of the role required work with – more... the MD of Safety & Community Relations to assist our Leadership Team with their Board roles & commitments.
• Facilitated any sponsorship requests, communications with other Board Members to schedule meeting & events. Hosted 6 Red Cross Drives at Piedmont in which goals were exceeded in each drive.
• Worked with our MD of Technical Field Operations on Heart Walk 2012 & Piedmont exceeded its goal by $24,000.
• Solely responsible for the bi-weekly Utility Ops Engineering Meetings with all reports from O&M, Construction & Corporate Engineering. Gathered information to set the agenda, follow-up on deliverables & keep a forecast of events throughout the remainder of the fiscal year.
• Set up meetings with outside vendors & N.C. Utility Commission visits to our corporate office, assisting & anticipating all needs during their time at Piedmont. There are four executives assistants whom report to the EMT (Executive Management Team) work as a team to prepare for all quarterly Board, Committee & Shareholder Meetings.
• The role required a wide range of flexibility to provide support within all levels of the organization & within the community & the Natural Gas Industry. – less
Very Pleseant Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2013
Everyone is so helpful and great to work with and the company really has some great supervisor that actually care about employees
Awesome place to work
Sr. SCADA Security Lead - Compliance (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2013
One of the leading Information Security practitioners, certified, highly accomplished Information Security Professional, Visionary and Architect with a proven track record of successfully completing complex technical projects. A disciplined budget holder, effective communicator with experience in managing multidisciplinary and multinational teams.
Customer Service Manage
Crew Member Manager (Former Employee), Dudley, NCAugust 12, 2013
excellent opportunity to work with Active Duty Memners, spouses and Retirees
Wonderful inspectors to work with, enjoyed the work emensley.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Winton, NCJuly 26, 2013
First thing in the morning I would get there early and make coffee, put out cookies etc. The inspectors would arrive and hand in there inspection reports from previous day. I would go thru them and enter all production into my construction daily progress report. Then I would take all material receipts received, scan them into a folder and then file – more... originals in a file that I kept in a filing cabinet. Any pipe or fittings received had to be kept in a folder and filed along with MTR's Heat numbers. A running footage installed had to be kept up with and pipe and material used had to be documented also. Welders certifications had to be kept on file, along with welding inspectors daily report on cut outs and bad welds per x-ray documentation. Surveyors turned in location of pipe installed per joint numbers. All of this had to be filed and all information had to be down loaded on to a thumb drive once a week. All MSDS material had to be in a separate book and accessible to all. Environmental had to be kept in a separate book and it also had to be accessible. I enjoyed working with and around this type of work, as I learned a lot about gas pipe lines. One thing I liked about this job is that you meet people from all parts of the country. – less
Great company to work for
Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: travel to various sights, challenge of data conversions
Handled multiple locations' financial data. Management was always available to answer questions and help. Co-workers were great to work with and were like a family. The challenge to be more efficient was a wonderful and creative challenge along with writing user manuals.
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Corporate Employee (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2013
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. YMCA located next to the Charlotte Corporate Center that many people use throughout the day. Company actively promotes healthy lifestyle.
if i had known 20 years ago i would have moved on a long time ago
would rather not say (Former Employee), somewhereJune 6, 2013
when i went to work for piedmont 20 years ago it was a great place to work, now not so good upper management does not care about its employees you are just a number no job security like it was years ago not much of a chance of advancement unless you like to kiss up. pay is great most jobs are union benefits are good just dont upset management off or – more... they will get rid of you if you play the games you will be fine. – less
Piedmont Review
Geographic Information Systems Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2013
Pros: excellent pay, great corporate culture
I was an Intern at Piedmont and had a wonderful experience. My managers, and mentors were helpful and offered a tremendous amount of guidance. My co-workers were also very helpful and easy to get along with. I was able to learn a great deal about the natural gas industry and the use of GIS within the industry.
Small company
Data Architect (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: great emphasis on work/life balance
Cons: a little too small for my experience and preferred work culture
Great place to work if you're looking for a long-term gig with no real interest in career advancement.
Great Pay
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: temp job
I worked as a temp and the pay as a temp was great and guaranteed raises every 3 months.
Busy and productive
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 27, 2012
Learned an incredible amount of inventory and data entry skills as well as analytical skills. Great management.