Piedmont Natural Gas Employee Reviews

Always interacting with customers
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
My typical begin taking calls from variety of customers pertaining to their gas bill. I enjoyed the fact helping, and assisting with their bill. I thoroughly enjoy running credit check, moving monies from their account.
Pros
Reward and acknowledge your hard work
Cons
Was a great place to work for.
Facility Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
Piedmont was a great place to work (before the buyout) DUKE ENERGY In my opinion the employee family is gone, all that matters now is the bottom Dollar No care for the employees at all.
Nice people
Asset Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2017
Duke energy was a contracting job. The contract ended sooner than I signed up for.

You may encounter those that are full time employees, may look at you strangely, but like anywhere there are those who are pleasant and willing to help you in anyway they can.
Pros
good location downtown
Cons
you pay for parking
Fair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 10, 2017
Was a great place to work. I enjoyed my teammates and managers. I enjoyed the work atmosphere. Was able to work some overtime. In winter room was provided for stay.
In transition
CNG account representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 24, 2017
Piedmont was recently acquired by Duke Energy. The transition is underway. My position at Piedmont at the time I joined them was unique, interesting, challenging, exciting, and a perfect fit for my skills. My value to Piedmont was clear, my value to Duke/Piedmont is entirely unclear.
nice place to work
GIS Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 29, 2017
Nice place to work, good pay, friendly staff, good safety guideline, great health program, to can move in the company, if you are willing to move around
Pros
nice place to work
Company is ver cut throat especially at corporate office.
Standards and Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 30, 2017
Good work environment and good compensation. Management is very inconsistent with company values. Will let employees take the fall for management mistakes.
Great
Information Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2017
Piedmont Natural Gas is a good company to work for, I enjoyed my time there. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking a job for which they are hiring.
Great company, culture, benefits, and team building atmosphere.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2017
Working in IT lends to everyday being different. There are plenty of rewarding opportunities and unique challenges to tackle. Culture, management, and growth/learning opportunities abound. Highly recommend!
Pros
Close to a plethora of restaurants for either a full meal or a quick bite, close shopping, plenty of sidewalks to stretch your legs
Cons
Traffic can be dicey depending on the time of day
great and easy money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2016
management is terrible. very strict, tied to your desk all day, basically told when you can go to the bathroom without being penalized.
Great Company
Business Development Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 29, 2016
Awesome people, interesting work. Everyone at the company seems positive and excited to be there. Traffic is bad around the building though, get to work early!
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Mediocre Pay
Relaxed and personalble enviroment
SharePoint Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 6, 2016
Work environment is relaxed and low stress.
Employees are personable and helpful.
A typical day involves interaction with other teams on various projects and meetings to collaborate on projects.
Pros
Lot of learning and productive place to work with
SQL / ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2016
This place is very productive and you can meet many new people with different ideas and coming from diverse culture and background.
Good people, mostly
Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
A good place to work but little career development. People work in the same job for years with little training or opportunity to advance. Looking forward to working at Duke, should have better processes and more opportunities.
Engineering/Utilities Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2016
The company is 20 plus years behind most companies. All of Piedmont Engineering management came from smaller natural gas companies. Most of the management weren't in engineering at their previous company. They were either in Marketing or in some Sales position so they are not aware of good engineering technologies or engineering practices. From their Marketing/Sales background they have a good foundation to make you think they are knowing what they are talking about, but just learn not to breath in the smoke. If Piedmont does get a good engineer they usually quit within the first year unless they like the work/life balance. The place is a 40 hour work week no matter. If you came from a different industry and they had the latest technology you can count on knowing a great deal more than your manager and his manager etc....at Piedmont.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is why one will stay there.
Cons
Low-Low Technology and they like to keep it that way. They are trying to get better, but that is just to bring them up to date like from a 3rd country.
executive assistant to director of customer service
Exec Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2016
I answered phone calls, entered all hourly for technicians, processed payroll, handled travel arrangements. I also processed all expense reports for all sales people.
great place to work
Customer Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2016
Working for Peidmont Natural Gas has been a great expierence. The enviornemnt is always professional and the best I have been introduced to. This is a company who truly cares about their employees.
Pros
I always feel apprieciated
Fast Paced Project Work Environment
SR. QA Analyst/Tester (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2016
Great Company !! I liked working with the various project teams. The project is a fast paced environment. I do like working at a company where there are challenges so that we can work as a team to accomplish the project goals.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2016
Management is sketchy.. two faced. Management is in your face one moment, then the next moment walking you out the door. All about business and not individual
Cons
strict, no leniancy
No comment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2016
I have no desire to review my previous employer. I only desire to move forward I my life and acquire new employment and goals.